The Right Stuf Anime Sale Thread, 40% off all Bandai DVDs (Updated 09/28/06)

SlaughterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (90%)
Here is a list of some of the great deals you can get from The Right Stuf. I mostly pick out the box sets and such,,,

3x3 Eyes Collection $39*
Angelic Layer Box Set $30
Banner of the Stars Complete Collection $24
Blue Gender Complete Collection $35
Cardcaptor Sakura Mega Bundle (Vols. 1-18) $80
Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie $18
Daichis, The Dysfunctional Bundle (1-3) $30
Dragon Ball GT: DVD Box 3 (Vols 11-15) $40
Dragon Ball Z: Kid Buu Box Set $40
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection $24
The Vision of Escaflowne Complete Collection $30*
Final Fantasy Unlimited Collection $30
Gatchaman: Collector's Edition Bundle $120
Gatchaman: Collector's Edition Box 8 $21
Genshiken Premium Collection $35
Gokudo Collection $40
Gravion Zwei Complete Collection $24
Gun X Sword Vol.1 + Art Box $24
Gundam SEED The Movie $18
Gundam Zeta Limited Box Set $80*
Hand Maid May Box Set + Extras CD-ROM [Limited] $30
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season 1 $30
Ikki-Tousen Box Set $49
Infinite Ryvius Box Set $35
Initial D Special Edition (Live Action) $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie OVA 1 $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie OVA 2 $12
Kimagure Orange Road TV Series Bargain Bundle Set $125
Licensed by Royalty (L/R) Bundle (1-4) + Audio CD $35
Macross, Super Dimension Fortress Vol. 1 + Artbox $10
Magic Knight Rayearth Economy Box 1 $24
Mahoromatic DVD/CD Bargain Bundle $40
Marmalade Boy Ultimate Collection 3 Box Set $60
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok Vol. 1: God & Detectives + Artbox $10
Neo Ranga Collection $35
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection $49*
Nuku Nuku Dash Collection $20
Now and Then, Here and There Box Set $21
Patlabor TV Series Collection 2 ( Vols. 5-8) $24
Patlabor: The Movie 2 DVD Collector's Limited Edition Set + Books $60
Peacemaker Complete Collection $49
Please Teacher Box Set Limited Edition w/CD $30
RahXephon Complete Collection $49
Read or Die TV Series Mega Bundle (Vols. 1-7 +2 OSTs) $80
Sadamitsu the Destroyer Complete Collection $18
Saber Marionette J - Ultimate Collection Set $70
Saint Seiya Collection 2 (Episodes 31-60) $30
Sakura Diaries Collector's Edition $25
Sakura Taisen: Ecole de Paris $18
Samurai Champloo Box Set $120*
Samurai X: Director's Cut Collection $25*
Scrapped Princess Vol. 1: Family Ties + Figure (Limited Edition) $30
Seven Samurai (Live Action 3-Disc Edition) $30
Shadow Star Narutaru Collection $30
Super Gals Box Set $27
Tenchi in Tokyo Bundle (Vols. 1-8) $60
Tenchi Universe Box Set $50*
Tsukikage Ran: Carried by the Wind Complete Collection $24
Twelve Kingdoms Premium Box Set 1 (Vols. 1-5) $60
Utena, Revolutionary Girl Box 1: The Rose Collection $24
Wedding Peach Collection 1 $20
Wrath of the Ninja Collector's Edition $15
Yu Yu Hakusho First Battles (Eps 1-14) + Keychain $20

Go here for all the Weekly Specials...

We've got two options available for you, get 10 great Geneon releases for $50 OR get 25 Geneon releases for $100! You don't even have to work the numbers to see how much you can save! Plus, don't forget that both offers will net you free economy shipping!

10 Item Coupon Code: BOUNTY10
25 Item Coupon Code: BOUNTY25
Expires: 10/1/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

From now until October 8th, 2006 - get at least 40% OFF Retail price on all Bandai DVDs and 33% OFF on all CDs and Graphic Novels! *Certain restrictions apply, see bottom of the Right Stuf main page for details.
Coupon Code: skysurf
Expires: 10/08/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

(excludes weekly specials and other already heavily discounted items)

*Means personally reccomended by ME! :D

[quote name='projecteightysix']I picked up the R.O.D. OVAfrom your suggestion of being one of the best anime of all time or whatever... it wasn't anything special... at all. it looked pretty and thats all it had going for it.[/QUOTE]
R.O.D The TV, the sequel TV series to the OVA, is in my top five. The OVA, since it only has three episodes, is a fun ride with beautiful animation, but doesn't have anywhere near the depth of the TV series. That said, I still find Yomiko's adventures incredibly charming, and I'm surprised you didn't care for it.

... And regardless, Utena is still the best anime ever.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']R.O.D The TV, the sequel TV series to the OVA, is in my top five. The OVA, since it only has three episodes, is a fun ride with beautiful animation, but doesn't have anywhere near the depth of the TV series. That said, I still find Yomiko's adventures incredibly charming, and I'm surprised you didn't care for it.

... And regardless, Utena is still the best anime ever.[/QUOTE]
Can't get any more superlative than 'best ever' ;) Mind sharing your top five? You've probably mentioned it somewhere on the forum already, but I'm too lazy to look for it..

[quote name='woobacca']Can't get any more superlative than 'best ever' ;) Mind sharing your top five? You've probably mentioned it somewhere on the forum already, but I'm too lazy to look for it..[/QUOTE]
The four after Utena fluctuate every now and then, but nothing has ever come close to endangering Utena's place at number one.

1. Shoujo Kakumei Utena
2. Princess Tutu
3. Azumanga Daioh
4. R.O.D The TV
5. Monster

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The four after Utena fluctuate every now and then, but nothing has ever come close to endangering Utena's place at number one.

1. Shoujo Kakumei Utena
2. Princess Tutu
3. Azumanga Daioh
4. R.O.D The TV
5. Monster[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks. I've heard of the first four but had to look up Monster. Have to say it's got an interesting premise. And it doesn't appear to be licensed yet... If I can figure out what the heck's wrong with my router, I'll try grabbing it via AnimeSuki.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']R.O.D The TV, the sequel TV series to the OVA, is in my top five. The OVA, since it only has three episodes, is a fun ride with beautiful animation, but doesn't have anywhere near the depth of the TV series. That said, I still find Yomiko's adventures incredibly charming, and I'm surprised you didn't care for it.[/quote]

Given its length, the OVA manages to accomplish an awful lot. It may be popcorn, but it's popcorn with charm and heart. Maybe it helps to be a nerd, and a book and origami lover, but it had me under its spell in the first few minutes.

It gets better too, with the TV series and the way it builds on the OVA.

I can't pass a library or bookstore anymore without taking a deep breath and sighing "Hon!"

... And regardless, Utena is still the best anime ever.

Amen.

Well I'm new here but if anyone here goes to ANN or AoD they probably know I'm everywhere...

Here's my top 5 for giggles:

1.Azumanga Daioh
2.Haibane Renmei
3.His and Her Circumstances
4.Samurai 7
5.Kaleido Star

Anyway, as for ROD the OVA, I found it pretty, but chock-full of flaws. Overall: B-

http://www.awesomeanime.0catch.com/rodova.html
There's my review.

As for Reccomendations, those looking for a MB Sale goodie should go for Ah! My Goddess. I own volume 1, and am getting more.

The page says OOS, but it also says to "please check back", so it might come back in stock soon.

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 Perfect Collection DVD Set- $34.99

I picked up the Essential Anime Collections 1-3 during the July 4th sale at ADVFilms.com, which came in last Friday to my surprise; I just called Wednesday and the service rep told me the order was still active, and once it finally shipped I could expect to see it in 5-8 days. >_< Well, whatever, I have them now. :\

btw, I don't think the discs in this collection are the remastered ones from the Essential Anime Collections, since those discs are newer than when the collection was released. Still, $34.99 doesn't sound bad at all IMO.

[quote name='Alien Spider']The page says OOS, but it also says to "please check back", so it might come back in stock soon.

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 Perfect Collection DVD Set- $34.99

I picked up the Essential Anime Collections 1-3 during the July 4th sale at ADVFilms.com, which came in last Friday to my surprise; I just called Wednesday and the service rep told me the order was still active, and once it finally shipped I could expect to see it in 5-8 days. >_< Well, whatever, I have them now. :\

btw, I don't think the discs in this collection are the remastered ones from the Essential Anime Collections, since those discs are newer than when the collection was released. Still, $34.99 doesn't sound bad at all IMO.[/quote]
The Perfect Collection was the older "brick" set. The newer Essentail Anime collection vol. 1-3 have remastered video/audio.

[quote name='eau']The Perfect Collection was the older "brick" set. The newer Essentail Anime collection vol. 1-3 have remastered video/audio.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thank you for confirming!

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 was alright, but IMO it didn't quite have the same cool factor as the original. I just did a search on Right Stuf and am totally tempted to grab it now for $45 (link). Must .. stop .. impulse .. buying ..

[quote name='Azumangaman']As for Reccomendations, those looking for a MB Sale goodie should go for Ah! My Goddess. I own volume 1, and am getting more.[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting on an economy box later down the road, since I have a huge backlog of anime to watch already. But yes, I definitely intend on making that purchase eventually!

I ended up preordering the Midori Days economy box during the Media Blasters sale, along with the Super Gals thinpak to bump it up for free shipping.

And as a lurker on both sites, I recognize you! Welcome to CAG!

[quote name='Bezerker']ADV, though the only time i've ordered from ADV is during the clearance sale. When one of my DVDs was backordered it took about 3 months to get it.[/QUOTE]

And what makes you think ADV is the parent company of TRSI? To my knowledge, TRSI handles some returns/customer service for other anime companies, but otherwise is not owned by ADV at all... and TRSI has excellent customer service to boot!

[quote name='fujishig']And what makes you think ADV is the parent company of TRSI? To my knowledge, TRSI handles some returns/customer service for other anime companies, but otherwise is not owned by ADV at all... and TRSI has excellent customer service to boot![/quote]

ADV called TRSI their subsidary company, though i guess it didnt necessarily mean they were owned by them.

New coupon code for Geneon DVDs, CDs, etc.

From now until July 30th, 2006 - save at least 35% OFF Retail price on all Geneon DVDs, UMDs, and CDs! *Certain restrictions apply, see bottom of the Right Stuf main page for details.

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through our online store:
Coupon Code: sweet
Expires: 7/30/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

Plus, if you're a Got Anime Member, you can apply your discount and make these savings even sweeter still!
Not sure what products are included in the sale? We've made it especially simple, just click on the small graphic reading "Sweet Summer Items", located on the right-hand side of our main page and you'll be able to page through the item listings with ease!

[quote name='Maklershed']Does anyone know what studio RahXephon is from? I'm looking for a good deal on the complete set. I'm gonna hope that its Geneon.[/quote]

*cough* google *cough*.

Rahxephon is ADV.

[quote name='Derek-San']How long does it usually take for right stuf to send you a shipment confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

If the item was instock, usually within a week. Log in to the site and check your order status.

[quote name='Maklershed']Does anyone know what studio RahXephon is from? I'm looking for a good deal on the complete set. I'm gonna hope that its Geneon.[/QUOTE]

Just poke around Amazon... most of Raxpeheon is up there for crazy cheap, and there were a few volumes for cheap on Ebay last time I looked. You should be able to assemble the whole series for under $25.

The platinum version has remastered sound (I'm pretty sure), is on 6 discs instead of 8, and comes with slim pack DVD cases instead of the regular bigger ones.

[quote name='SlaughterX']The platinum version has remastered sound (I'm pretty sure), is on 6 discs instead of 8, and comes with slim pack DVD cases instead of the regular bigger ones.[/quote]
remastered sound and picture :)

[quote name='cochesecochese']What's the difference between the Evangelion Platinum collection and the perfect collection?[/QUOTE]
I need to start keeping a tally of how many times this question is asked.

[quote name='SlaughterX']The platinum version has remastered sound (I'm pretty sure), is on 6 discs instead of 8, and comes with slim pack DVD cases instead of the regular bigger ones.[/QUOTE]

It's also missing all of the extras found on the non-slim pack releases. The next Eva box set will include them.

I know it's been a while but I finally got aroudn to updating this thread. Wish I had $120 to get that Samurai Champloo Box Set... :( Is Neo Ranga any good?

[quote name='SlaughterX']Is Neo Ranga any good?[/QUOTE]
One of my voice actress friends refers to it as her least favorite project ever. So... no, probably not.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you're lucky, Gamestop has the Samurai Champloo dvds 3 for $20, more/edge card takes off another 10%. I was able to find 1 & 2, combined it with appleseed. The Samurai Champloo barcode said "Any volume" so all of them should be $9.99

The store locator seems to actually be working too, wierd.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=988438[/quote]

thats a much better deal than buying them all new for $120...

[quote name='SlaughterX']I'd rather have the box set, mostly for the box. :)[/quote]

Well, theres always the Volume 1 + box. Theres one on ebay going for $7.50, ends at 4pm est. Doubt you can find it new, last time i heard about anyone finding one was when Sam Goody did all of their closing sales.

Damn, looks like TRSI has the new Elfen Lied thinpak up for pre-order. I wonder if ADV's gonna strip all the stuff out of it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Damn, looks like TRSI has the new Elfen Lied thinpak up for pre-order. I wonder if ADV's gonna strip all the stuff out of it.[/quote]

i believe the only thing they're going to include is the clean OP/Cl and some art work...so essentially i think if you don't have any of the elfen lied yet...everyone should go with this thinpak ADV is going to release...and they got it for a steal over at DVDPacific :lol:

[quote name='animemaniac14']i believe the only thing they're going to include is the clean OP/Cl and some art work...so essentially i think if you don't have any of the elfen lied yet...everyone should go with this thinpak ADV is going to release...and they got it for a steal over at DVDPacific :lol:[/quote]
Holy hell, $28 at DVDpacific. Thats a really good price, i've only got volume 1 w/ the box. Maybe once the thinpak comes out, the prices on the regular volumes will start to get clearanced out (Best Buy loves to clearance ADV stuff).

[quote name='Bezerker']Holy hell, $28 at DVDpacific. Thats a really good price, i've only got volume 1 w/ the box. Maybe once the thinpak comes out, the prices on the regular volumes will start to get clearanced out (Best Buy loves to clearance ADV stuff).[/quote]

MAN that would be AWESOME! im gonna hope for that as well :bouncy:

Hopefully Im attentive enough to not miss this...This is my favorite series this year. And for a while im sure
[quote name='animemaniac14']MAN that would be AWESOME! im gonna hope for that as well :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Finally decided here are my choices

Armitage III OVA DVD Perfect Collection (Hyb) 1 $0.00
geneonsale25 Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1 $100.00
pd12046 Haibane Renmei DVD 1 (Hyb): New Feather 1 $0.00
pd12047 Haibane Renmei DVD 2 (Hyb): Wings of Sorrow 1 $0.00
pd12048 Haibane Renmei DVD 3 (Hyb): Bird of Freedom 1 $0.00
pd12049 Haibane Renmei DVD 4 (Hyb): Day of Flight 1 $0.00
pd12052 Heat Guy J DVD 1 (Hyb): Super Android 1 $0.00
pd12053 Heat Guy J DVD 2 (Hyb): Vampire's Ambition 1 $0.00
pd12054 Heat Guy J DVD 3 (Hyb): Sins of the City 1 $0.00
pd12055 Heat Guy J DVD 4 (Hyb): Hidden Fangs 1 $0.00
pd12056 Heat Guy J DVD 5 (Hyb): Haunted Past 1 $0.00
pd12057 Heat Guy J DVD 6 (Hyb): Urban Corruption 1 $0.00
pd12058 Heat Guy J DVD 7 (Hyb): Revolution 1 $0.00
pida2361v Sol Bianca: The Legacy DVD 1 (Hyb): Lost Treasures 1 $0.00
pida2362v Sol Bianca: The Legacy DVD 2 (Hyb): Separation 1 $0.00
pida2363v Sol Bianca: The Legacy DVD 3 (Hyb): Going Home 1 $0.00
pida1390v Tenchi Muyo: Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Tenchi in Love 1 $0.00
pida7075v Tenchi Muyo: Movie 2 DVD (Hyb): Daughter of Darkness 1 $0.00
pd12247 Tenchi Muyo: OVA DVD 3 (Hyb) - Geneon Signature Series 1 $0.00
pd12248 Tenchi Muyo: OVA DVD 4 (Hyb) - Geneon Signature Series 1 $0.00
pd12158 Texhnolyze DVD 1 (Hyb): Inhumane & Beautiful 1 $0.00
pd12159 Texhnolyze DVD 2 (Hyb): Spectacle 1 $0.00
pd12160 Texhnolyze DVD 3 (Hyb): Retalliation 1 $0.00
pd12161 Texhnolyze DVD 4 (Hyb): Suspicions 1 $0.00
pd12162 Texhnolyze DVD 5 (Hyb): Lies & Despair 1 $0.00
pd12163 Texhnolyze DVD 6 (Hyb): Death & Serenity 1 $0.00

Wife is gonna kill me when the huge box arrives, but what the hell, its my only passtime besides gaming, so no big deal, haa, and besides, I ordered her the complete XENA SERIES 1-6, and are coming their way, so its a matter of time.....hehee.she does'nt know it, cause only firelfy arrived, so its the other part of her gift on her way, and shes clueless.....surprise.!!!!

bread's done
Back