The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Has MTV aired it with rappers dubbing the voices?

[youtube]-xKg2meXFnc[/youtube][/QUOTE]

I hated this...and loved it at the same time. Whoever came up with the idea dubbing this with rappers is either a pure genius, or smokes enough to think he/she is. Also, it's surprising how many well known (well relatively) Korean actors are in this film.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Great, it's gonna be Dota2gifts again, thank goodness for the filter lol[/QUOTE]

Dota can't be given away on steamgifts anymore. The remaining giveaways are the last ones.

I can't decide whether to be sad that I won't be getting 300 Steamgifts points every hour or glad that every drawing I enter won't be against 2.5K entries of people just dumping their points into everything.

[quote name='dbolt']Dota can't be given away on steamgifts anymore. The remaining giveaways are the last ones.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. It was so bad last time their site kept going down and was slow as fuck

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Fun Fact: Last year the autumn sale commenced on November 23rd.

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE[/QUOTE]
Don't remind me. I already spent like $100 on Anime this month. I also have a Wii-U coming and probably a $40 Raspberry Pi computer.

Not to mention Black Friday but I don't think there is much.

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I am assuming these games activate on steam?

Edit: Just added to cart and it specifically states that its for steam activation, sweet.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious or just trolling.

[quote name='louiedog']Wow. That's gotta be the cheapest any of these have been individually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol, before this I would have actually bet money that a Valve game would never be cheaper anywhere outside of Steam... and I would have lost.

[quote name='louiedog']Wow. That's gotta be the cheapest any of these have been individually.[/QUOTE]
Will this be the cheaper way by buying those on Gamefly and then the remaining games from the valve complete pack on the winter sale individually rather than just buying the Complete Pack for $50? Btw will it be $50 on black friday sales?

Midweek Madness is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 at 50% off ($4.99 or $9.99 for the SE)

The 2013 Expansion is also 50% off ($2.49). Don't know this game. Is it an upgrade for previous versions?

Chaos on Deponia is now available and 20% off ($15.99) until Nov 13th.

With this long-expected sequel to the critically highly acclaimed and lavishly praised Deponia, the player enters round two. Chaos on Deponia turns out to be even wackier than its predecessor and instantly puts the player under its spell. After the events on Deponia, it seems that Rufus came to his senses.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

Daily deal is Democracy 2 at 50% off ($9.99)

Democracy 2 is the ultimate political strategy / simulation game. The game simulates the motivations, loyalties and desires of everyone in the country. As president or prime minister, it's your job to balance the need for income from taxes against the demands of the voters. Do you want your country to be an eco-friendly green paradise?
Genre: Strategy, Indie, Simulation

Midweek is GTA 4

GTA 4 - $4.99
Episodes from Liberty City - $4.99
Both - $7.49

Also, MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers - $4.99

Daily is Democracy 2 for $9.99

Any thoughts on Magic the Gathering? Is it like the card game? What is all that bonus stuff? Does it ever go 75% off? Is 2013 better than 2012? Online MP I assume?

[quote name='louiedog']Midweek Madness is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 at 50% off ($4.99 or $9.99 for the SE)

The 2013 Expansion is also 50% off ($2.49). Don't know this game. Is it an upgrade for previous versions?[/QUOTE]
Freaking YES! :D Really been wanting to pick this one up ever since its release, but I've been waiting on a good deal for it. Glad I did.

To answer your question, the Duels of the Planeswalkers is pretty much an upgrade in the same regard that yearly sports games are. Each yearly version has new decks (that follow whatever sets were out and hot at the time) and new puzzles. Keep in mind you have to use provided preconstructed decks, and can't make your own from scratch.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Any thoughts on Magic the Gathering? Is it like the card game? What is all that bonus stuff? Does it ever go 75% off? Is 2013 better than 2012? Online MP I assume?[/QUOTE]
It's the card game. Nothing more, nothing less. (Well, aside from not being able to completely build a deck from scratch) Bonus stuff is cosmetic in game and not necessary at all. Not sure i've ever seen 2012 go 75% off, but I can't say for sure. (Check steam price trend sites) 2013 is better than 2012 if you like the more recent expansions. IE - Different cards available for use between the two. Yes, online multiplayer.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Freaking YES! :D Really been wanting to pick this one up ever since its release, but I've been waiting on a good deal for it. Glad I did.

To answer your question, the Duels of the Planeswalkers is pretty much an upgrade in the same regard that yearly sports games are. Each yearly version has new decks (that follow whatever sets were out and hot at the time) and new puzzles. Keep in mind you have to use provided preconstructed decks, and can't make your own from scratch.

It's the card game. Nothing more, nothing less. (Well, aside from not being able to completely build a deck from scratch) Bonus stuff is cosmetic in game and not necessary at all. Not sure i've ever seen 2012 go 75% off, but I can't say for sure. (Check steam price trend sites) 2013 is better than 2012 if you like the more recent expansions. IE - Different cards available for use between the two. Yes, online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Just one last question, the expansion pack says it requires MTG 2013 so it is not an upgrade like a sports game since it seems to upgrade the 2013 version with even more decks?

Is there a reason to purchase "Half Life 2" and then both "Half Life 2: Episode 1" and "Half Life 2" Episode 2"?

I know it should be common knowledge, but I never played them before.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just one last question, the expansion pack says it requires MTG 2013 so it is not an upgrade like a sports game since it seems to upgrade the 2013 version with even more decks?[/QUOTE]
Not entirely sure I'm understanding. The 2013 game has different decks than 2012. On top of that, if you want even more new content then you have the option of grabbing the expansions for additional decks. Typically they (the expansions) would also add extra single player content (new matches in single player, or new puzzles

[quote name='backseatdog']Is there a reason to purchase "Half Life 2" and then both "Half Life 2: Episode 1" and "Half Life 2" Episode 2"?

I know it should be common knowledge, but I never played them before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the order they're played in. Although I don't see why you'd actually pay for Episode 1 ... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='backseatdog']Is there a reason to purchase "Half Life 2" and then both "Half Life 2: Episode 1" and "Half Life 2" Episode 2"?

I know it should be common knowledge, but I never played them before.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Episodes 1 and 2 are standalone games that occur after Half Life 2, each about five hours long.

They're basically expansions, but you don't need to own the base game to play them, of course.

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']Coupon code makes them $1.99 each.[/QUOTE]

um no. Coupon code makes them 1.60. They are 1.99 without the code.

Question on Magic the Gathering:

I loved the PC game that came out in the late 90's (I think it was just called Magic the Gathering - I played the Duels of the Plainswalkers version). In fact, I still have it installed in my netbook. I'm a little worried that apparently you don't build your deck in the new versions. My favorite part of the old game was collecting the cards and putting together a great deck, then tweaking it based on the color you were fighting.
Does anyone who's played both have comparisons or thoughts on whether the new versions will appeal to players of the old version? For $5 I'll probably pick it up, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Is GTA complete worth it? I've heard bad things about the PC port. I got like half way through on 360 and loved it.. I really just want to try the icenhancer 2.0 mod more than anything else but would like to hear a 2nd opinion for those who have played it (and preferably that mod too)

Re: Magic, while I enjoy the Duels games (I think I've bought all 3 via Steam or XBLA now), you have to know their limit. I can live with only being able to add/subtract cards from pre-made decks and not straight out deck building, because it means everyone is on the same playing field. The one thing I wish they would add it letting you build decks from all the cards that exist in the game, which are still the same cards everyone would have (well, expansions change that I guess). Online MP is pretty fun (2-4 players) but it helps to brush up on new rules.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Is GTA complete worth it? I've heard bad things about the PC port. I got like half way through on 360 and loved it.. I really just want to try the icenhancer 2.0 mod more than anything else but would like to hear a 2nd opinion for those who have played it (and preferably that mod too)[/QUOTE]

GTA4 runs fine now. It was pretty badly optimized for some time. When I tried it again two years after release it had been fixed. It ran just fine @ 1680x150 on a Phenom-II 720BE @ 2.8 GHz with a GTX 260.

I finished the GTA story line and most of the side missions and enjoyed it well enough. It was a long game. The Ballad of Gay Tony is well reputed.

We had the exact same discussion about Planeswalkers 2012, when it went on sale last year, you guys said it never goes on sale. So I bit, only to have it go as a daily at 75% off less than 2 weeks later. Golden Rule=If it ain't 75%, don't get it, besides there should be 2 more expansions coming out. Just wait for the "complete" version....now that I think about it, that's exactly what Steam did! They removed the version I bought from the store to put up the Gold version (included all expansions) at a deeper discount....wait it out, just wait.

Also: the foil conversions are just annoying, you'll regret getting them.

As others have said earlier, the current Gen of MtG Plainswalker games consist of being able to play the card game against AI or Human opponents using preconstructed decks that can only be tweaked slightly with the substitution of additional cards that can be unlocked as you win matches. You CANNOT build any deck you want from the available cards.

I used to have that old Microprose MtG game too. I wish I hadn't given it away oh so long ago. That game was like a Heroes of Might and Magic that used MtG duels to resolve combat. You buy/earn cards along the way, and you could make any deck out of the cards you had in your inventory without restriction. Etherlords I/II was a very similar game that used a different card game mechanic.

Tempted to get the 2013 version, as I enjoyed the 2012 version quite a bit. If you don't have real people to play with, it can scratch that MtG itch without throwing you into the vast ocean (and money sink) that is MtG Online.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Question on Magic the Gathering:

I loved the PC game that came out in the late 90's (I think it was just called Magic the Gathering - I played the Duels of the Plainswalkers version). In fact, I still have it installed in my netbook. I'm a little worried that apparently you don't build your deck in the new versions. My favorite part of the old game was collecting the cards and putting together a great deck, then tweaking it based on the color you were fighting.
Does anyone who's played both have comparisons or thoughts on whether the new versions will appeal to players of the old version? For $5 I'll probably pick it up, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

So, I went to start up steam today, it did the daily "updating" then crashed. Tried again, crash.
Rebooted, tried again, crash. Deleted clientregistry.blob, tried again, crash.
Reinstalled steam (without uninstalling) crash.

Any ideas?

[quote name='hollowfreak']Who wants Half-Life 2: Episode One for free? :whee:

Santurio got it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you hollowfreak for the game, I appreciate it.

Steamgifts is going crazy with Steam codes being given out from the Ubi shop in Europe. Basically it is a $10 off $10 coupon code and people are going crazy with it... Just a heads up.

[quote name='glennfrank']So, I went to start up steam today, it did the daily "updating" then crashed. Tried again, crash.
Rebooted, tried again, crash. Deleted clientregistry.blob, tried again, crash.
Reinstalled steam (without uninstalling) crash.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Mine was doing that last week. There are 2 methods when I found it for people that happens to:
1) opt out of beta (may not work if continious crashing upon start up.
2) delete everything in your main steam folder except steam.exe and steamapp folder. Restart the computer and once restarted, steam should download itself. If not then try to open the steam.exe within you main steam folder.

Mine got fixed with the second method, but I had let almost every game that I had update itself again and then it will update itself. Kept crashing, open steam again, let 1 game update, crash, open, update, crash..... Until my most of my installed game got update and it hasn't crashed yet. Sorry for an ugly response, at work right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back