The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhhh... dark souls is cheaper on Amazon? Does it activate on steam, yes... so again, not the BEST deal. :whistle2:( 20 bucks on steam and that's a VOTED sale. 18 bucks on Amazon (which activates on Steam). 2 bucks is like... a handful of humble bundles :)

[quote name='asheskitty']
Also, grumble gumble. It would be nice to include your Country/Region when you're discussing regional pricing.[/QUOTE]

He's in Australia

[quote name='Eldredpe']I feel like it's been cheaper, but maybe I'm thinking of the Gal Civ stuff?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely been cheaper, think I got it ~$5.00 during the summer sale.

EDIT: Nevermind, that was Sins of Solar Empire Trinity (that I still haven't played lol)

[quote name='walkonshadows']But, But, This one isn't made by Paradox!. It's different, I swear......at least I hope. I don't actually own it or anything.....yet.
80% off, $2 game, you will be mine.
[/QUOTE]

I already bought it. Anything that involves historical warfare is going into my Steam client.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Did I miss FTL for 75% off, or has that not happened yet?[/QUOTE]

Well its still a daily deal at 50% off for another 14 hours

[quote name='Motoki']That depends. How bad do you need it on Steam? If you can live with just UPlay then someone somewhere will probably have it on sale in the coming months.

Your choices are somewhat more limited if you are in the US though since Greenmangaming and Getgamesgo cannot sell Ubi Stuff to the US.[/QUOTE]

Definitely want it on steam, have all the rest on steam, kind of OCD about that kind of stuff lol.

[quote name='Mooby']Only hope you have of FTL hitting 75% off this sale cycle is Gamer's Gate![/QUOTE]

Just make sure you use your key first thing or else your order might be cancelled without a refund!

[quote name='Blade']Just make sure you use your key first thing or else your order might be cancelled without a refund![/QUOTE]
And they also might steal your babies. Just sayin.

Well before you jokers confuse the newbs even further, Gamersgate doesn't sell FTL and everyone who does is comptent and knows how to set discounts correctly.

(sigh) I wish I could slap people sometimes. CAG is about getting games for as cheap as possible. By voting for a game on Steam that is on sale cheaper elsewhere.. (sigh) I know, Steam users aren't all CAGs but it's frustrating because it tells Steam that it's ok not to bottom out the prices of these sales.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And they also might steal your babies. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I thought it was the CIA that distributed crack in inner-city neighborhoods--are you saying it was the crafty Swedes all along?

[quote name='Idiotekque']And they also might steal your babies. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

They're giving back my baby in January once they get some more from Russia.

[quote name='Detruire']Who is?[/QUOTE]

you :p

At least I think that's who she meant with the comment about 'if you are going to talk about regional pricing mention where you are' because no one else on that page was talking about regional pricing.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']They're giving back my baby in January once they get some more from Russia.[/QUOTE]

Must not be from the US... cause we're not allowed to anymore :p

Seriously, news said there are something like 650,000 orphans over there in their system. We adopt about 1,000 a year. So you're talking like .0015%. Almost a laughably LOW number. ( I say almost because if you're one of those .0015% then it's kinda a big deal)

Hi guys. Do you recommend buying the Assassins Creed? I'm thinking on buying the 1, 2 and Brotherhood, which are 75% off. Are they going to be cheaper?

[quote name='soulkyo']Hi guys. Do you recommend buying the Assassins Creed? I'm thinking on buying the 1, 2 and Brotherhood, which are 75% off. Are they going to be cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Doubt they'll be cheaper. I enjoyed one, but the general consensus is to skip it and start with two.

It will be VERY hard to go from 2 back to 1 in the future. The Enzio group is fun but again, centered around one character. Honestly, you could probably skip them all and just jump into 3 with one of those "this is what happened" videos.

[quote name='Motoki']
you :p

At least I think that's who she meant with the comment about 'if you are going to talk about regional pricing mention where you are' because no one else on that page was talking about regional pricing.[/QUOTE]
There was another comment on one of the previous pages - which is what I thought she was commenting on.

And
I'm not in Australia.

E: This post:
[quote name='Bort_']Where are you from?

In my country the Complete Edition is $5.74 while the regular edition is only $3.74[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']There was another comment on one of the previous pages - which is what I thought she was commenting on.

I'm not in Australia.
[/QUOTE]

Okay I am thoroughly confused now. I thought you were offering to help with Sims Medieval Australian pricing but maybe I had you mixed up with someone else.

Anyway, people post your countries if you talk about regions. :whistle2:k

[quote name='asheskitty']For anyone who recently bought Borderlands 2, these two pages (below) have a list of the currently active shift keys. I doubled checked they are identical listings though the orcz has more details. All of these activated for me fine this evening. 24 Golden keys now, iirc.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes
http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/SHiFT_Codes_and_Golden_Keys

Also, it would be nice to include your Country/Region when you're discussing regional pricing.[/QUOTE]

These are awesome - I got almost a dozen codes between these pages. Mystery Box here I come!

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa'](sigh) I wish I could slap people sometimes. CAG is about getting games for as cheap as possible. By voting for a game on Steam that is on sale cheaper elsewhere.. (sigh) I know, Steam users aren't all CAGs but it's frustrating because it tells Steam that it's ok not to bottom out the prices of these sales.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, with special emphasis with on sale elsewhere cheaper atm.

[quote name='warreni']Wait, I thought it was the CIA that distributed crack in inner-city neighborhoods--are you saying it was the crafty Swedes all along?[/QUOTE]

Seems more probable, according to the US DoJ, but then again who knows what their motives are. I can say from plenty of first hand experience that the San Jose Mercury is full of crap.

Full DoJ report.

Conclusion
The San Jose Mercury News articles that prompted this investigation contained allegations that, if true, would be extremely shocking. The allegations contained a volatile mixture, linking the activities of the CIA, the Nicaraguan Contras, and the crack explosion. The articles also implied that the pursuit of the foreign policy to aid the Contras resulted in the manipulation of the judicial system, the protection of certain people by the CIA, and the failure of the Department of Justice to investigate and prosecute substantial drug traffickers. These allegations resonated with a substantial number of people and fueled suspicion that our system of criminal justice was corrupted by foreign policy considerations.

We therefore expended significant resources in a lengthy and exhaustive review of the investigations and prosecution of the various individuals who were the center of the allegations in the articles -- Blandon, Meneses, Ross, Lister, and others. Our review found that the allegations in the articles were exaggerations of the actual facts. Although the investigations and prosecutions of these individuals suffered from various problems, their success and failure were determined by the normal dynamics that affect many investigations of drug traffickers, such as the availability of credible informants, the ability to penetrate drug distribution organizations, the ability to make seizures of physical evidence, the availability of sufficient resources to pursue cases, and the aggressiveness and judgments of the law enforcement officers involved. These factors, rather than anything as spectacular as a systematic effort by the CIA to protect the drug trafficking activities of the Contras, determined what occurred in the cases we examined.

We found that Blandon and Meneses were plainly major drug traffickers who enriched themselves at the expense of countless drug users and the communities in which these drug users lived, just like other drug dealers of their magnitude. They also contributed some money to the Contra cause. But we did not find that their activities were the cause of the crack epidemic in Los Angeles, much less in the United States as a whole, or that they were a significant source of support for the Contras.

We did find troubling aspects of the cases we examined. Blandon did receive a green card improperly. For a period of time, the Department of Justice was not certain whether to target Meneses or use him as a cooperating witness against other drug dealers. The government was not anxious to have DEA agent Castillo openly probe the activities at Ilopango airport because of the sensitive operations there. The CIA did intervene in the Zavala case concerning the return of seized money to him. But these specific problems and issues fall far short of the type of manipulation and corruption of the criminal justice system that the articles suggested.

We also recognize that it is impossible to draw conclusions about these matters with absolute certainty, given the age of the cases, faded memories, the dispersion of witnesses and evidence, and the biases and special interests of many of the people we interviewed. We are also realistic enough to realize that suspicion of the actions of federal law enforcement in these matters may not end with our report, especially because in any complex investigation there are inevitably unanswered questions, which are multiplied when the investigation takes place so long after the events being investigated. But we believe that a full and fair consideration of our report will demonstrate that our review was exhaustive and that our findings are supported by the evidence.

[quote name='soulkyo']Hi guys. Do you recommend buying the Assassins Creed? I'm thinking on buying the 1, 2 and Brotherhood, which are 75% off. Are they going to be cheaper?[/QUOTE]

There are three price trackers in my sig. I paid $5 for AC2, $7.50 for AC:B Deluxe, and ~$12 for AC:R deluxe, all worth it, play then in order (story arc). AC1 has a reputation of being overly repetative, and generally it is recommended to skip it. I paied $5 for AC1, and intend to play it before AC3 drops in price enough.

AC:II and AC: Brotherhood are the best two in the series. AC: Revelations doesn't add much new to the mix.

AC:I is okay, but you really don't need to play it to enjoy AC:II.

[quote name='Detruire']There was another comment on one of the previous pages - which is what I thought she was commenting on.

And
I'm not in Australia.

E: This post:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was referring to Bort. Though really it was a more general comment. I've seen several regional pricing mentions in the last few days that the poster didn't say where they were located (nor did their forum tag indicate).

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I am thoroughly confused now. I thought you were offering to help with Sims Medieval Australian pricing but maybe I had you mixed up with someone else.[/QUOTE]
I was (and even have one copy left over ;)), but I'm still not in Australia.

Australia and New Zealand typically have the same prices (although there's the occasional item that's cheaper here or there.)

[quote name='Detruire']I was (and even have one copy left over ;)), but I'm still not in Australia.

Australia and New Zealand typically have the same prices (although there's the occasional item that's cheaper here or there.)[/QUOTE]

Oh New Zealand.

Same difference. :lol:

*runs and hides now*

Dammit, I like the original Port Royale but this one has a really low meta score and I can't tell if it's worth it :whistle2:(

Hey, it looks like Motoki wants this game. Motoki should but this game. Then Motoki can tell us all how wonderful (or not) it is :p

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']It will be VERY hard to go from 2 back to 1 in the future. The Enzio group is fun but again, centered around one character. Honestly, you could probably skip them all and just jump into 3 with one of those "this is what happened" videos.[/QUOTE]
I actually played them in order of AC2, ACB, AC1. I thought going back in time to see where it all began was pretty cool, like I was playing a prequel. I was also happily surprised the gameplay was just as solid; it really didn't feel like I was playing an older game at all.

But yeah, it is a bit repetitive. Not bad at all though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Possible Hidden Gem?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2930/[/QUOTE]

I've played Birth of America 2, and it's a fun (albeit extremely detailed and intricate) game. It's essentially a board game interface, but it's quite complex and takes a while to really understand what you're doing. It's very well done, though, and it still receives support from AGEOD, even years after being published. If you have patience and like board game-style wargames, all of these AGEOD games are worthwhile.

I would recommend BoA2 over BoA1, though, as it's better in every way. It has an updated engine and additional campaigns, in addition to just about everything that was in BoA1. For some reason, though, it's not on Steam. BoA1 is a good way to get into AGEOD games and will give you a solid gaming experience if you're patient, but try to track down BoA2 for cheap elsewhere, if you can. Still, for $2, it's hard to go wrong.

[quote name='Terlan']Ugh looks like Port Royale 3 has some one computer limit drm on the forums. :/ my desire for the game is now gone.[/QUOTE]

Whelp that's it. I'm out. Going to bed. Just killed that purchase for me completely.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Dammit, I like the original Port Royale but this one has a really low meta score and I can't tell if it's worth it :whistle2:(

Hey, it looks like Motoki wants this game. Motoki should but this game. Then Motoki can tell us all how wonderful (or not) it is :p[/QUOTE]

I want a lot of shit.

Well not want per say, more like I guess if it were cheap enough and I was really running out of things to buy...

Besides even if I bought it, it's not like I would play it.

[quote name='Motoki']I want a lot of shit.

Well not want per say, more like I guess if it were cheap enough and I was really running out of things to buy...

Besides even if I bought it, it's not like I would play it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think most of us Steam CAGs can nod our head at that statement. I've got quite a few in the catalog that I just ... I look at them and can't figure out why I'd buy'm other than they must have been a good deal at the time ... :)

Well, I made it through today spending only $1.99 on that silly Birth of America game. Things are starting to look up for my bank account.

[quote name='Terlan']Ugh looks like Port Royale 3 has some one computer limit drm on the forums. :/ my desire for the game is now gone.[/QUOTE]
Almost grabbed it on GG during a price mistake ($4 or so), but after reading about it... Not worth it at all. The game looks pretty, but it sounds like a steaming turd.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Almost grabbed it on GG during a price mistake ($4 or so), but after reading about it... Not worth it at all. The game looks pretty, but it sounds like a steaming turd.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's weird too cause as far as I know no other Kalypso game has anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back