The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always owned a console. It's just a ton easier to play with friends/online/etc. and there are a ton of great console exclusive games.

I don't tend to double dip much. I even hesitate to buy stuff I own on my old PS2. The rare times I have double dipped I just ended up trading in or selling on amazon the disc console copy I had. That's the one nice thing you can currently do with console games.

[quote name='asheskitty']I've never seen a skin in a chest, period*.

*Flow, would that be "period" or "full stop"? ^_~
[/QUOTE]
Full stop! \o/

*polite gentlemanly handshake*

[quote name='AshesofWake']This might be a stupid question but how do some of you guys convince yourself not to buy games you already have on console when it's in sale dirt cheap on Steam. I've been double dipping into oblivion because of Steam and a pc able to run all the games I already have. Please help.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I actually tend to have the opposite problem: I will occasionally run across a sub-$10 PS3 game on clearance at Target that I already have on PC and have to talk myself out of rebuying it--most recently Game of Thrones for $9.

I have like 70 borderlands 2 gold keys, I think I'm going to stop entering shift codes now. I'll never use all of the ones I have any way. Maybe I'll still redeem the 5-key codes.

[quote name='AshesofWake']This might be a stupid question but how do some of you guys convince yourself not to buy games you already have on console when it's in sale dirt cheap on Steam. I've been double dipping into oblivion because of Steam and a pc able to run all the games I already have. Please help.[/QUOTE]
Simple: I don't own a console. :p

Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim = been MODDED like crazy on the PC.
So, enjoy the mods. :D

I think the reason some gamers own console version and then later buy PC version dirt-cheap is for mods; graphical enhancements; graphical bells and whistles; and any of the other things that normally make PC gaming as special as it is, in the first place.

EDIT:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have like 70 borderlands 2 gold keys, I think I'm going to stop entering shift codes now. I'll never use all of the ones I have any way. Maybe I'll still redeem the 5-key codes.[/QUOTE]
Maybe if they made it easier for me to cut & paste codes in their entirely (and instead of say piece-by-piece for the 5-part code), maybe I'd redeem more. :p

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Idiotekque']I have never gotten a skin from the chest. Does that actually happen?[/QUOTE]
I....am not sure. I didn't redeem many. And when I did (except for the codes I posted today that I redeemed), it was in the beginning when I bought the game (yeah, which was not too long ago - see whenever GG's $10 sale recently was).
Maybe I redeemed a code and it gave me a skin straight-up, but not in the gold chest?
I...can't recall.
FML and my sometimes very muddy/foggy memory!

I'm always able to copy the entire code all at once. Just have to slam hard on ctrl-v a couple times for it to notice. Just make sure you don't have any empty spaces highlighted when you copy it.

The last two consoles I bought were a PS1 in 1994 and a Wii in 2007. Ever since the Xbox there has been so much crossover in the console/PC space that it just hasn't made sense for me to buy many of them considering that there are very few "exclusives" that I'd deem important enough to throw down a few hundred more bucks.

At some point, I may go back and pick up a used console or two and play some of the more important games, but I'm in no hurry. Actually, I'm more tempted to get a WiiU at some point just to get the Nintendo first party games. My PC offers plenty of hardcore stuff that the other two just aren't as appealing to me.

[quote name='MysterD']or me to cut & paste codes in their entirely (and instead of say piece-by-piece for the 5-part code), maybe I'd redeem more. :p
[/QUOTE]

you can c+p it in one shot, no need for that

[quote name='hal']The last two consoles I bought were a PS1 in 1994 and a Wii in 2007. Ever since the Xbox there has been so much crossover in the console/PC space that it just hasn't made sense for me to buy many of them considering that there are very few "exclusives" that I'd deem important enough to throw down a few hundred more bucks.

At some point, I may go back and pick up a used console or two and play some of the more important games, but I'm in no hurry. Actually, I'm more tempted to get a WiiU at some point just to get the Nintendo first party games. My PC offers plenty of hardcore stuff that the other two just aren't as appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

I know this is derailing the thread a smidge, but I have to say that the PS3 does have some really nice exclusives that will never be ported to PC: the Uncharted series, the God of War series, Heavy Rain and some more by these devs coming down the pipe. These are great games that I think most gamers would enjoy, irrespective of whether they're primarily console or PC players. As you have waited this long, you can probably afford to wait a few more years when the price of a PS3 will be what a PS2 will set you back now (assuming they're not hard as hell to find since Sony stopped manufacturing them) and the games will be absurdly cheap as well; in the long term, though, I wouldn't deprive myself of these experiences.

[quote name='fuze9']Don't own Morrowind, but I have Skyrim and Oblivion... neither of which I've finished. Worth it? I feel as though there may yet be better bundles in the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

It's been $5 during the last several major sales. You can wait it out. ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']don't mention it;)

what am I being thanked for *insert sexual answer here*:whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]

I was told that you have a really cool first name. ;)

[quote name='vince_carter']you can c+p it in one shot, no need for that[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the only time it doesn't work is if I copied a space at the end by accident.

If someone could change the title, the Sacred 2 Gold sale price is 9.99, not 4.99.

The last two consoles I bought (one broke) were Xbox 360s, and those will be the last consoles I buy. The ONLY reason I wouldn't rebuy a game on PC is if the PC version has major issues AND is locked to 30 FPS. I probably wouldn't rebuy Viking, because I own a 360 copy that I found at a garage sale for two bucks.

The only reason I'd ever buy another console is if it was extremely cheap, to either replace my own if it was in better shape, or for some exclusives (only if it was very cheap). There's no reason to play consoles if you have a strong PC, and since I have a laptop, even less so, because I can pick it up, plug it into the TV, and have the console experience if I want it (I do this while emulating PS2 games sometimes).

I have nothing against consoles, but they're just the weaker option. PSN's servers aren't always the greatest and XBL is what, $8 a month to play online? Been there, done that. Never again.

[quote name='bshirk']If someone could change the title, the Sacred 2 Gold sale price is 9.99, not 4.99.[/QUOTE]

must have been really tired earlier cause I feel certain I saw it as $5:drool: Fixed it, thanks for the heads up::)

I'll buy a PS4 because of Sony's exclusive games, but not at launch. I haven't been playing on console since I became a PC gamer, but it's mostly because there've been no good exclusives in the last 2 years. That'll all change in about 2 weeks though.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'll buy a PS4 because of Sony's exclusive games, but not at launch. I haven't been playing on console since I became a PC gamer, but it's mostly because there've been no good exclusives in the last 2 years. That'll all change in about 2 weeks though.[/QUOTE]

Same here, PS3 and PS4 are the way to go for exclusives. Xbox One is for TV. I don't watch TV anyway, so I'm good.

Have fun spending hundreds for under 5 "must have" exclusives, maybe 3 of which will be worthwhile. :)

Please leave your "Cheap Ass" badges in the box over there when you do.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Have fun spending hundreds for under 5 "must have" exclusives, maybe 3 of which will be worthwhile. :)

Please leave your "Cheap Ass" badges in the box over there when you do.[/QUOTE]

80% of this forum consists of console deals.. I don't think anyone would be losing their "Cheap Ass" badge over that ;)

[quote name='spoderman']80% of this forum consists of console deals.. I don't think anyone would be losing their "Cheap Ass" badge over that ;)[/QUOTE]
Fine, your PC Gaming Master Race Cheap Ass badge. $300-500 for a couple games, spoder. Think about it logically!

[quote name='warreni']I know this is derailing the thread a smidge, but I have to say that the PS3 does have some really nice exclusives that will never be ported to PC: the Uncharted series, the God of War series, Heavy Rain and some more by these devs coming down the pipe. These are great games that I think most gamers would enjoy, irrespective of whether they're primarily console or PC players. As you have waited this long, you can probably afford to wait a few more years when the price of a PS3 will be what a PS2 will set you back now (assuming they're not hard as hell to find since Sony stopped manufacturing them) and the games will be absurdly cheap as well; in the long term, though, I wouldn't deprive myself of these experiences.[/QUOTE]

No doubt those are fine games. I think, for me, it just comes down to a matter of time and cost; namely that I don't have enough time to finish the games I already have now, and I don't feel that those are different enough experiences from what I can get on the PC to warrant the cost of the additional hardware.

For sure Sony and Nintendo have the strongest exclusives and it makes sense to pick up one or both of those depending on the types of games you enjoy and how much disposable income you have available.

[quote name='hal']No doubt those are fine games. I think, for me, it just comes down to a matter of time and cost; namely that I don't have enough time to finish the games I already have now, and I don't feel that those are different enough experiences from what I can get on the PC to warrant the cost of the additional hardware.

For sure Sony and Nintendo have the strongest exclusives and it makes sense to pick up one or both of those depending on the types of games you enjoy and how much disposable income you have available.[/QUOTE]

You make a good point how it comes down to what you (each of us) wants and needs as gamers.

Many of you are speaking about gaming from a solo perspective. Some of us have a household of gamers, friends and family that game.

Having the Wii for the kids when they come over (grandma plays too), the PS3 for Rock Band parties (monthly for 3 years now - 1500 songs and counting), Xbox to play with friends on that platform, all of those meet my needs. Plus I like the RPG exclusives to each system.

Most of my solo gaming is on my PC but most of my friends and family don't have or want a "gaming rig" and the consoles are great ways to play with them.

I didn't buy any of them at launch and I'm always on the lookout for great deals so my CAG card is intact, thank you very much :cool:

Hmmm, I'm not sure what it is about us that needs to categorize and judge. My other hobby is motorcycles and they do the same thing. The American/Japanese thing seems so important to some folks. I don't care what you ride, just keep the rubber side down.

HAVE FUN!

[quote name='theemadgamer']Many of you are speaking about gaming from a solo perspective. Some of us have a household of gamers, friends and family that game.[/QUOTE]

This is a very interesting point here. I was always a big fan of local coop and competitive multiplayer. Chu-Chu Rocket, Bomberman, fighting games, shooters, music games (man, some good memories on the olde Dreamcast)...anyway, there's nothing like multiplayer in the same room. I still remember the first time I played PS1 back in high school (really dating myself here), and how amazing the first 3D graphics were in Wipeout and Battle Arena Toshinden as my friends and I swapped controllers all night.

Well I'm long out of college and thus opportunities to get more than two people together to game have become rare - but more importantly, local coop console games have all but disappeared. To me that was always one of the biggest draws of console gaming; how many pc games can you name with support for local 4-player coop? So yeah, I see no reason at all to get excited about the PS4 or Microsoft's next failure. I'm quite happy sticking with Steam for now, and spending $5-10 a week (more during sales) loading up on great games I will never even have time to play.

[quote name='annihilator']This is a very interesting point here. I was always a big fan of local coop and competitive multiplayer. Chu-Chu Rocket, Bomberman, fighting games, shooters, music games (man, some good memories on the olde Dreamcast)...anyway, there's nothing like multiplayer in the same room. I still remember the first time I played PS1 back in high school (really dating myself here), and how amazing the first 3D graphics were in Wipeout and Battle Arena Toshinden as my friends and I swapped controllers all night.

Well I'm long out of college and thus opportunities to get more than two people together to game have become rare - but more importantly, local coop console games have all but disappeared. To me that was always one of the biggest draws of console gaming; how many pc games can you name with support for local 4-player coop? So yeah, I see no reason at all to get excited about the PS4 or Microsoft's next failure. I'm quite happy sticking with Steam for now, and spending $5-10 a week (more during sales) loading up on great games I will never even have time to play.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this. For me, I'll be set for random local multiplayer forever with my NES through Xbox 360. Mario Kart 64 is just as fun as the day it was released.

I just could never see myself dropping a couple hundred more on a new console when the classics (and even not-so-classics) still scratch the local multiplayer itch. I still have my Rock Band instruments in the closet.

If I didn't have any consoles... I could understand buying a new gen one. With the new DRM though, even that's hard to say with a straight face.

[quote name='annihilator']
Well I'm long out of college and thus opportunities to get more than two people together to game have become rare - but more importantly, local coop console games have all but disappeared. To me that was always one of the biggest draws of console gaming; how many pc games can you name with support for local 4-player coop? So yeah, I see no reason at all to get excited about the PS4 or Microsoft's next failure. I'm quite happy sticking with Steam for now, and spending $5-10 a week (more during sales) loading up on great games I will never even have time to play.[/QUOTE]

I have been surprised by how many PC games that have been released in the last couple of years that have included local co-op. At the rate things are going PC might be the leading platform for local co-op games. Especially if valve really pushes and supports its big picture mode.

[quote name='theemadgamer']Hmmm, I'm not sure what it is about us that needs to categorize and judge.[/QUOTE]

Daayyuuuumm! When I was reading this I saw a dime and a 1/2, son! She looks like a slut too.

[quote name='theemadgamer'] The American/Japanese thing seems so important to some folks. [/QUOTE]

Well, I heard that one has a horizontal vagina so...

[quote name='theemadgamer'] I don't care what you ride, just keep the rubber side down. [/QUOTE]

My dad gave me the same advice when I was 14.

[quote name='theemadgamer'] HAVE FUN![/QUOTE]

Yeah -- until 9 months later when you're in the delivery room with the bitch and you still don't know if she's legal... ly allowed to live in this country.

Yes, people, I just deleted a post. It was necessary and I don't need to say why as the person who wrote should have known better. Suffice to say it was way off topic and offensive.

I'm too busy, you know, playing a game right now to see if there is more that needs to go - will do that later.

THIS is why we usually don't explain. I don't want to get into it with you about every little thing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Have fun spending hundreds for under 5 "must have" exclusives, maybe 3 of which will be worthwhile. :)

Please leave your "Cheap Ass" badges in the box over there when you do.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='io']THIS is why we usually don't explain. I don't want to get into it with you about every little thing.[/QUOTE]
This is only the second time I've seen a post about vaginas deleted by a mod.

Not that I'm arguing, just saying.

I'm surprised that the fabled SteamBox hasn't come up in any of the next-gen console (PS4/Oxen Box) talk. There are two significant developements that would concern it... (1) it can get away with shipping with a similar AMD APU and (2) if it doesn't ship by Xmas it'll lose a good a portion of potential buyers (who would pick up a PS4/XO and thus be disinclined to spend money anytime soon on another TV-gamesystem).

I think Ouya isn't as affected by this since they're shipping a $100 system*.

*yes, that's only one controller and $50 for an additional controller, but I hear it is easy to get DS3 and wired 360 controllers working with it.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm surprised that the fabled SteamBox hasn't come up in any of the next-gen console (PS4/Oxen Box) talk. There are two significant developements that would concern it... (1) it can get away with shipping with a similar AMD APU and (2) if it doesn't ship by Xmas it'll lose a good a portion of potential buyers (who would pick up a PS4/XO and thus be disinclined to spend money anytime soon on another TV-gamesystem).

I think Ouya isn't as affected by this since they're shipping a $100 system*.

*yes, that's only one controller and $50 for an additional controller, but I hear it is easy to get DS3 and wired 360 controllers working with it.[/QUOTE]

Steambox seems pointless to me. Wasn't it rumored to be $1,000+?

[quote name='spoderman']Steambox seems pointless to me. Wasn't it rumored to be $1,000+?[/QUOTE]

There have been a few boxes shown at shows that media pundits have tried to anoint as the SteamBox. There have been no official announcements or reputable rumors.

I expect a SteamBox to have price parity with next gen consoles. I see no reason they couldn't ship a reasonable $400 steam box (pretty at 30 FPS).

Imo, the point of the SteamBox is a console-like experience leveraging the advantages of cheaper (than console) Steam games, and better indie distribution.

^ Call it what you want, but talking about "bitches" and stuff is not what this forum is about. There are plenty of others for that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']This is only the second time I've seen a post about vaginas deleted by a mod.

Not that I'm arguing, just saying.[/QUOTE]

You guys wanted guidelines about what might be deleted - that would pretty much guarantee it. I didn't think I needed to explain on that one ;).

Dammit, where am I supposed to go for pussy jokes now.

I say we have a boys-only Steam Deals Thread and a girls-only one. Chicks be hatin', man.

fuck me in the goat ass! I didn't know that themadgamer was born a woman.

If I knew that, I would have white knighted the shit out of that shit. Shit.

image.php

images

image.php

[quote name='M_F_A_H']fuck me in the goat ass! I didn't know that themadgamer was born a woman.

If I knew that, I would have white knighted the shit out of that shit. Shit.[/QUOTE]

wat ef eye chng nam 2 spodergurl

[quote name='asheskitty']There have been a few boxes shown at shows that media pundits have tried to anoint as the SteamBox. There have been no official announcements or reputable rumors.

I expect a SteamBox to have price parity with next gen consoles. I see no reason they couldn't ship a reasonable $400 steam box (pretty at 30 FPS).

Imo, the point of the SteamBox is a console-like experience leveraging the advantages of cheaper (than console) Steam games, and better indie distribution.[/QUOTE]

The big question is, will it be upgradable? I haven't researched it because I'm not honestly interested in SteamBox, but I feel that Valve would fail big time if it came to market with a Steam console. The whole point of Steam is that it's a service to collect your digital games, store statistics and provide updates. I can easily play games from 15 years ago on Steam as well as Bioshock Infinite. The Steam service exists outside of the technology-bound console spectrum, and to release one based on it would defeat the purpose of Steam altogether.

And to be fair, you only need to pay $100 for a yearly membership to XNA, which lets you release games on Windows Phone and XBL. This explains why there is so much shit in the XBIG marketplace, and this is why I was against Gaben's claims that they'd get rid of Greenlight and let people pay them to release junk games. But the XBIG market is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back