The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, The Showdown Effect just got cards.
Still waiting for Warlock to get them, it's probably the only Paradox game I actually want to play :joystick:

Unrelated, but it looks like a bunch of random pirate themed games are on sale, for national talk like a pirate day I suppose.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Price mistake on weekend deal

Street Fighter x Tekken is supposed to be 66% off but is 88% off right now.

edit: fixed
Would've loved to get SFxT at 88% off. I'm not even seeing it for 66% off. If it updates back to 66% off I might pick it up.

If you're on the fence because of the 12 DLC characters, look up who the DLC characters are. I don't use any of them, so it doesn't bother me at all. You still get 38 characters, which is more than what most fighting games give you. It's a little disappointing to read that the online is dead for the PC version, but I'd be playing with friends anyways and have the Xbox version if I want to play random people.

>.> So Valve doesn't do anything for Steam's 10th birthday, but they go "all out" for Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day?!?

AAARRGGGHH
They seem to have their priorities straight.

Speaking of pirates. I've been playing Pirates of Black Cove and quite enjoying it. It's got a real cheesy charm. One collectable is messages in a bottle, and each has a (groan-worthy) pirate joke inside. Some are rather painful. The voice acting is bad in an enjoyable way. I'm sure many have it from Amazon bundles or Indiegala, and I'd recommend at least a bit of time with it.

Turns out I like pirates quite a lot as ES tells me I own most of the games.

Some random thoughts:

1. Age of Booty: missing Metacritic score. Seems to require a Gamespy ID and Gamespy Comrade software for multiplayer.

2. Pirates of Black Cove: Interested! Low reviews. Any thoughts?

3. Port Royale 3: Weed emoticon selling on the marketplace for $13-$14. Cards are selling for a high price.

4. S.P.A.Z. - fun game!

Would've loved to get SFxT at 88% off. I'm not even seeing it for 66% off. If it updates back to 66% off I might pick it up.
You're right! The sale seems to have been pulled and the title is no longer marked down! No mention of it on the front page - only a mention remains in the News section.

Aww, I would have LOVED to pick up SFvT for that price just to mess around with.  I saw it at $10, and now it's not on sale at all.  Bah, Capcom.

Turns out I like pirates quite a lot as ES tells me I own most of the games.

Some random thoughts:

2. Pirates of Black Cove: Interested! Low reviews. Any thoughts?
See my post a bit above and make sure you don't have it as it was in an Indiegala.

3. Port Royale 3: Weed emoticon selling on the marketplace for $13-$14. Cards are selling for a high price.
Hmm! Anyone interested in splitting a four-pack when JakeNome gets them in? I have to admit I'd only be in it for the cards.

edit: Sold all extra copies - thanks Jake!

Cognition Steam keys are up on IGS. It also has cards. Be careful though, if you activate episode 1 or 2, you can't buy the season pass on Steam. Pretty sure it's a glitch since you get a loyalty discount for owning episodes seperately. Shows up as 75% off for me, and I activated episodes 1 + 2.

EDIT: Glitch is now fixed, you can buy the season pass even if you own episode 1 or 2.

Risen 2 on sale, maybe I can get the DLC - no wait, that's not discounted. Dammit.
Not even worth it at 75% off.

The only thing I don't have (and most of these have been bundled at least once) is Port Royale 3. Any thoughts on the quality of this series? It has a dubious 54 Metacritic.
Fans of the series consistently say Port Royale 2 is better. 3 is prettier with a better UI.

The cognition issue was fixed, so you can buy the season pass after owning individual episodes. The dev posted a breakdown of the loyalty discounts according to how many episodes you own seperately.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242780/discussions/1/846965056704965875/

Basically, here's how it goes now:
Launch Discount - +25% off
1 Episode - +25% off
2 Episodes - +25% off
3 Episodes - +16% off

After the launch discount ends, the loyalty-only discount will be:
1 Episode - +25% off
2 Episodes - +25% off
3 Episodes - +16% off

We will endeavor to keep the loyalty discount available as long as possible. It may conflict with future store-wise sales should we choose to participate, but we will work with Valve as those come up. It may have to be temporarily turned off during store-wide sales but I don't see why it can't be reinstated after the sales.

If you previously gifted the game to yourself before the fix, please go to your inventory, select the Cognition gift, and pick "add to my library".

Cognition Steam keys are up on IGS. It also has cards. Be careful though, if you activate episode 1 or 2, you can't buy the season pass on Steam. Pretty sure it's a glitch since you get a loyalty discount for owning episodes seperately. Shows up as 75% off for me, and I activated episodes 1 + 2.

EDIT: Glitch is now fixed, you can buy the season pass even if you own episode 1 or 2.
Any word on whether or not they'll add keys to the Crapsule Computers Groupees bundle?

Imagine if they actually made a good game.

Oh wait, Lil' Wayne is still popular. Forget what I just said and go back to figuring out how to make oatmeal and spell "supposedly," America.
Oh, c'mon...

Ummm...I'm betting GTA5 is gonna be at the very least pretty good - you know, like every GTA that I've played since GTA3.

And about Lil Wayne - he ain't had a good album since Carter 3. Wayne's biggest problem is he just puts out WAY TOO much content and doesn't know what material to NOT release. Someone needs to tell him to get an EDITOR.

Then again, like many rap artists of the modern era - rap albums sound more like mixtapes instead of actual albums: just throw a bunch of songs on the able and see what the people like. A lot of it these days is hit and miss - especially from YMCMB and OVO.

Ooooh!  Sid Meier's Pie-rats!  I think I can shed some funbucks to get that in my Steambrary.  I had a copy somewhere, but who the hell knows where it is.  Even though Age of Booty didn't really impress me, it's $1.25, and I don't own it, sooooo...

I found GTA IV pretty boring. But that's just me. I loved vice city and liked San Andreas.
I loved VC; and really liked GTA4 and SA.

I never finished SA + never began GTA4: TLATD DLC (from GTA4: EFLC).

I liked GTA4 b/c it was grounded and more realistic - a nice change of pace for a GTA game. And I liked Ballad of Gay Tony b/c it was the older crazier GTA's, gameplay-wise - felt more like Vice City, IMHO.

Any word on whether or not they'll add keys to the Crapsule Computers Groupees bundle?
If you bought the Cognition games from IndieGameStand like I did, there are Steam keys waiting for you in your "game wallet".

Editz: I see Spoder is da ninja

anyone else getting a ton of spam group invites

Im getting a couple a month
[customspoiler='Uhh...']
photo-29209.png
[/customspoiler]

I get two a day, sometimes, dude. Count yar blessings.

p.s. Showdown Effect is so incredible boring, to me. Complete lagfest, no apparent "skill" to learn... Idling for cards and getting the F out.

Does anyone have a link to a list of games that are NOT allowed in Steam Family Sharing?  SFS gives me a specific use for my alt steam account which is sharing multiplayer games to have co-op buddies I know on demand.

Can anyone recommend the Tales of Monkey Island pack made by Telltale? I love Telltale and Monkey Island but I haven't played this particular pack and it gives me a strong vibe of being in a bundle soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back