The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Wario Ware (GBA) - $14.98 (I got last copy)
Sphinx (PS2) - $13.98 (6-7 left)
Prince of Persia (GC) - $20.98 (1 left)
Mega Man Battle Network Blue (GBA) - $9.98 (1 left)

Boca Raton, FL

Neshaminy, PA

Max Payne Xbox $4.98
Wario Ware $20.98
Boktai $13.98
Brute Force $9.98
Harry Potter Chamber Secrets GBA $13.98
Prince of Persia Gamecube $20.98

Ahhh, looks like my Target is starting to actually clearance things again, plus looks like I've found some stuff not listed yet (I think, dont yell at me if I'm wrong)

Wallace & Gromit - Gamecube - 7.49

Dark Cloud 2 - PS2 - 7.49

Crash Bandicoot - PS2 GH Version - 4.98

Konami Arcade Classics - GBA - 7.xx

E-Reader cards - 1.29

That's all I can recall, good deals indeed!

westminster target

boktai $13.98 (2 copies left)

e-reader cards $2.48 (only 2 donkey kong cards left)

eddie bauer 5.6 in lcd monitor $42.xx (i got the last one for this price. they had another one, but it scanned at $89.98?!?!?)

The list I posted are some of the games that have been clearanced at one time. They may still be or may not be. It is just a scan sheet that you can take to target and go to a little scanner and see the price in store of the games. You should probably see what games are in the store and then scan with sheet. Basically, it helps you to not have to carry 30 things to scan.

Thanks for the sheet. This should make it a lot easier to scan these games. Hopefully we can have another with updated games on it as they appear on this thread.

The first file was a .tif file which is accessed using windows imaging. (Usually a program that all Windows computers have)

The second one was just a .doc file.... Wordperfect type file I think.

Armed and Dangerous (PC) $7.48
Encarta 2004 DVD $13.98
Wario Ware Inc. (GBA) $20.98

Especially happy about the first two. Wario Ware I had to pick up since I'l be on a plane for quite a while in the next few days. Should get me through an hour or so of it.

Also, Carve has been reduced further this week to $12.98 from $16.98, so I picked up a copy.

East Washington Target, Indy.

My local Targets usually have a lot of clearance games and I've been able to score quite a few games at good prices. But recently after they reset the electronic department they don't have anything. I guess I'll keep away for a while and then try again.

DDR Max 2 was 20.98 at a Target in the Midtown area of Memphis, TN. Tempted to get it but decided not to.

[quote name='drsuper23']My local Targets usually have a lot of clearance games and I've been able to score quite a few games at good prices. But recently after they reset the electronic department they don't have anything. I guess I'll keep away for a while and then try again.[/quote]

Keep a good eye out...if its anything like my local target all that stuff and more will be on nice new clearance shelves shortly. Also, check other areas for transfered clearance.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='drsuper23']My local Targets usually have a lot of clearance games and I've been able to score quite a few games at good prices. But recently after they reset the electronic department they don't have anything. I guess I'll keep away for a while and then try again.[/quote]

Keep a good eye out...if its anything like my local target all that stuff and more will be on nice new clearance shelves shortly. Also, check other areas for transfered clearance.[/quote]
thank god the same thing happened to me.

I found a Mega Man Battle Network Blue for $14 and Spider-Man 2 (PSX) for $15 something. Not much but at least my Target has been consistent with where they put clearance titles now.

[quote name='andrew333']Is it unusal that my Target does not seem to have a clearance section?

Los Angeles on La Cienega[/quote]

I think I have been to that one and they do have a clearance section at the endcaps if I remember right.

There's several targets near my hometown. Each seems to have their own "clearance section" in which they've moved any games $20 and under. So there's a lot of player's choice games and then games no one wanted to buy. One of them also had a "special clearance section." Those games were $12, but they only had Tonka, Spyro, a racing game and some other pos.

I saw Dynasty Warriors 4 in the printout of barcodes, is that for the PS2 version? The nearest Target is 30 minutes away so I really don't want to waste the gas (especially with CA prices) if Target only has the x-box version on clearance. Has anyone picked up the PS2 version on clearance at Target?

Target in Rock Hill, SC

Mega Man Battle Network White - $9.9x
Wario Ware GBA - $15
Dave Mirra GBA - $9.9x

Only one copy of Wario Ware, four of Mega Man, and about ten of Dave Mirra.

[quote name='jimbodan']I saw Dynasty Warriors 4 in the printout of barcodes, is that for the PS2 version? The nearest Target is 30 minutes away so I really don't want to waste the gas (especially with CA prices) if Target only has the x-box version on clearance. Has anyone picked up the PS2 version on clearance at Target?[/quote]

I saw the PS2 version on clearance (in PA) but it was $20.98 last time I checked.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='jimbodan']I saw Dynasty Warriors 4 in the printout of barcodes, is that for the PS2 version? The nearest Target is 30 minutes away so I really don't want to waste the gas (especially with CA prices) if Target only has the x-box version on clearance. Has anyone picked up the PS2 version on clearance at Target?[/quote]

I saw the PS2 version on clearance (in PA) but it was $20.98 last time I checked.[/quote]

Thanks. Not quite the price I was looking for, especially when compared to the X-Box price, but Dark Cloud 2 and Boktai still might be enough to get me to make the drive. Anyone else gotten any cheaper price on Dynasty Warriors 4 PS2 at Target?

Our local Target clearance sections didn't have ANYTHING! Just a bunch of current games which are nationally marked down. Sure it had Hitman 2, Splinter Cell (the original), Def Jam: Vendetta, and Sonic Mega Collection, but those are 19.99 anywhere! :evil:

Oh, it also had this crappy Disney PSX game two-pack with Tigger's Hunny Hunt, and some other bad game for 15 dollars. I feel bad for the kid who will get that from his mom or dad.

I love Disney and I've been to Disney World 6 times (I'm going again this year), but I can't think of many good licensed Disney games, aside from Kingdom Hearts and the Magical Quest series of games on the SNES. Well, they had that one cool Mickey/Donald co-op game on the Genesis, ahh, fond memories of the Sega-Channel, but those days are long, long gone.

[quote name='Flamegames']Here is the list again in a different format. Hopefully this will allow for opening. Let me know if you have problems with this one.

http://flamegames.imgbay.com/list.doc[/quote]

thank you so much for your help. This is great. If you have more even better, but this is greatly appreciated!!!

aliso viejo target

armed & dangerous (pc) - $7.48

4 sterilite storage cases with locking tops - $1.48 (incredible deal! i bought a few to hold all my game manuals and cd's.)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']aliso viejo target

armed & dangerous (pc) - $7.48

4 sterilite storage cases with locking tops - $1.48 (incredible deal! i bought a few to hold all my game manuals and cd's.)[/quote]

what was the qt size of the storage cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back