The Welcome back Jimmiemac OTT; it still will suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finished Mass Effect 2 yesterday (Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!), so whats next?

1) Finish Assassins Creed 2;
2) Splinter Cell Conviction (but first play Splinter Cell Double Agent)
3) Heavy Rain
4) A RPG from the PS2 Backlog
5) Something from the Original XBox Library
6) Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Conviction is pretty quick you can get through it in a few sittings...its really fun too. I have yet to put a lot of time on Double Agent so not sure how long that one will take you.

I didn't play through DA before Conviction and I got the story, but I did sense that if I had played DA I would have had a broader understanding.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't say that dude...I'm on the verge of deciding on whether I want to get an X and return my iPhone 4.[/QUOTE]

They're shady as hell.

On 6/20, around 9pm, I activated an old Moto e815 on my line, to hold my line open and avoid ETF while I shipped out my Uncredible and got my eventual replacement in a Droid Eris. I had used the Incredible all day while not at home to keep up on emails regarding the Eris purchase and Uncredible sale, as well as doing other general browsing on a car ride and such.

I find out today, that despite my asking about any potential fees from having the data plan automatically cancelled, VZW has used a loophole to try to bilk me out of $46 in data fees.

They say that because I activated the e815 at on 6/20 (regardless that it was at 9pm after all Incredible data had stopped), that my data plan was cancelled as of 12:01am on 6/20 and are now billing me $46 for the 23mb of data I used during the day @ a rate of $2/mb.

Shady.as.fuck.

If you're returning your iPhone 4, stick with AT&T and get something like the Captivate (already rooted, so you can get rid of AT&T's shitty lockdown) or switch to Sprint and get an HTC EVO 4G (rooted as well, same as droid X, and without the bullshit eFuse).

Sprint's also a good deal cheaper and you're in a major metro area of Cali, aren't you? It's a no brainer. Try the HTC EVO 4G on Sprint for a month before you give in and get the Droid X. They're practically the same phone (Droid X has a little more graphics power, but it's not worth going to a shady company).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Another free Steam game, this time from Valve:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/[/QUOTE]

What's the hold up with it? On my end, it says available in an hour. 5 hours ago it said available in 4.

Frosty - What's a good site for information on rooting? I am going to do some tweeking to my wife's Intercept when it gets here this afternoon.

[quote name='craven_fiend']What's the hold up with it? On my end, it says available in an hour. 5 hours ago it said available in 4.

Frosty - What's a good site for information on rooting? I am going to do some tweeking to my wife's Intercept when it gets here this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Check:

http://forum.xda-developers.com

[quote name='craven_fiend']What's the hold up with it? On my end, it says available in an hour. 5 hours ago it said available in 4.

.[/QUOTE]

It's up now

AT&T is retarded, I just called and asked about possibly terminating my contract, and they said that it's too late to do so since I ordered the service on the 17th. I told them that I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 on the 17th, and didn't activate until the 23rd...CS rep said it didn't matter...WTF!?

[quote name='manthing']Whoa, I didn't know Jizzface exists on XBL

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually own 'utopianmachine' too on XBL, but when I got my new Xbox, I went with something a little different. utopianmachine only had 5 achievement points anyway.

With all due respect, why would you pre-order and get an iPhone 4 after a history of not liking AT&T and previous iterations of the iPhones?

I liked the iPhone, I hate iTunes. I really dug the new features that they were announcing for the iPhone and selling my old phone for close to the price of the new one resulting in a close to free upgrade made me decide to go for it. But it seems that I'm dropping more calls with this phone than I was with my 3G so, since I'm almost at the 30 day return period for Apple, I'm starting to look into other options.

[quote name='help1']JimmieMac is a $$$$$$ who hides his emotions in that fake ass persona of his. Real talk.[/QUOTE]

The last time someone talked shit about Jim he shut them up pretty quick. Ask Trak what happened last time he gave him shit.:cool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']AT&T is retarded, I just called and asked about possibly terminating my contract, and they said that it's too late to do so since I ordered the service on the 17th. I told them that I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 on the 17th, and didn't activate until the 23rd...CS rep said it didn't matter...WTF!?[/QUOTE]

I found this out the hard way too. It doesn't matter when you activate, it matters when you bought it. Generally speaking, in order to pay for the phone at the subsidized price, you had to renew your 2 year agreement. The day they took payment from you (the day it charged, I suppose, in this case), may very well be the "new" start date for your contract.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I found this out the hard way too. It doesn't matter when you activate, it matters when you bought it. Generally speaking, in order to pay for the phone at the subsidized price, you had to renew your 2 year agreement. The day they took payment from you (the day it charged, I suppose, in this case), may very well be the "new" start date for your contract.[/QUOTE]

I called on my break so I didn't have time to argue and ask for a supervisor but when I get home, I hope to get this shit straightened out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I found this out the hard way too. It doesn't matter when you activate, it matters when you bought it. Generally speaking, in order to pay for the phone at the subsidized price, you had to renew your 2 year agreement. The day they took payment from you (the day it charged, I suppose, in this case), may very well be the "new" start date for your contract.[/QUOTE]

I worked in wireless for a while. Worked for Sprint, Cingular, then Alltel. With any cell phone company, the day you get the phone is the day that goes down as the day your contract restarts. If you buy the phone today but don't put it on your account for months, the original contract date is still today. It's just how it goes.

I'm sorry. :cry:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hurry and return it then. :)[/QUOTE]

That's the plan. I'm going to call Apple right now to find out how to return it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Have that link ready when you call them. That should be enough to get things taken care of.

Now all you need to do is get me some cool schwag at ComicCon and you're golden.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Not going to Comic-Con this year :/

Deals forum stinks.

EDIT: That game sucks ass even for free, SeanR1221. I walked to rent it, and walked back 20 minutes into it. :\

[quote name='utopianmachine']I worked in wireless for a while. Worked for Sprint, Cingular, then Alltel. With any cell phone company, the day you get the phone is the day that goes down as the day your contract restarts. If you buy the phone today but don't put it on your account for months, the original contract date is still today. It's just how it goes.

I'm sorry. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not true.

I ordered my phone and sold my soul May 6th.
My phone shipped May 7th.
I received and "activated" my phone May 10th.

Somehow, my contract and ETF started on May 9th.

[quote name='seanr1221']LP, give me Dead 2 Rights when you're done with it.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell it to you when I'm done.

[quote name='tiredfornow']EDIT: That game sucks ass even for free, SeanR1221. I walked to rent it, and walked back 20 minutes into it. :\[/QUOTE]

What? I've played through the first mission and started the 2nd mission and thought it was bad ass. Don't tell me it's all downhill from where I'm at.

I'm really enjoying Kungfu Hustle right now.

Anyone know the name of that other stupid martial arts movie where the chick has one giant tit?

Killer. Thanks dudes.

Yeah, that one is more out of control than Kungfu Hustle, but this one is still pretty retarded. It's just much more subtle (still about as subtle as a brick, though).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got one in my first game.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

I must have propped the horse shoe on the pole and "dinked" it 5 dozen times before I got one.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']TFN, lend me some legit games.[/QUOTE]All I have is ssf. Oh, and I'm borrowing Gears 2 from Jess.

I have a ton of arcade games though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back