Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beatngurnuts']called 3 wal-marts, first two had no idea wtf I was talking about, lmao, 3rd one told me 9am, so that seems to be the time here.[/QUOTE]

Same results as you, expect the last guy told me at 10 am, but I know he meant 9 am.

I wonder, they can hold this out for you until December right?

Here in MN the local one (that is brand new) had no idea what I was talking about. I actually went to the store and talked to people. I guess I'll go in again early morning, otherwise I'll have to wait until about 1PM.

well none of my local electronic departments know anything including managers, layaway knows about it but all local ones are closed just left my second one. I guess ill go home and play uncharted 3 till about 6:30 and head back alot of people were ahead of me at 10pmthe when I went in the first time and the manager told us to come back at 9... im thinking ill leave by 6... I really want a deluxe...

[quote name='ral1121']I wonder, they can hold this out for you until December right?[/QUOTE]

It lasts however long layaways last. My store was very organized and in the know. Had all the sheets and stuff out and ready.

[quote name='Inwa']Here in MN the local one (that is brand new) had no idea what I was talking about. I actually went to the store and talked to people. I guess I'll go in again early morning, otherwise I'll have to wait until about 1PM.[/QUOTE]

Where was this at? I'm over in Brooklyn Center and I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the Walmart over here at 9am to see what's up. If they have the ads out they should at least be able to get a manager to tell them what to do.

Success! First preorder at the store, too. Apparently the assistant manager on duty first learned of the preorders when I called earlier, then proceeded to look up the memo and print it out for his own reference. That's far more initiative than I expect most Walmart employees to take, so I'm quite impressed.

[quote name='madcatz1999']If they can't find something within the next 8 1/2 hours (would it be that much of a surprise?), try giving them these numbers:
UPC 45496880866
Item 550924127
As soon as Raul Ibanez hits a walk-off, I'll head over to mine and see if I have better luck.[/QUOTE]

Lol Yankees lost and also lost Jeter.. Are you going to an NJ Walmart? I'm at Secaucus if you wanna hang out.. I'm the only person here. I'm gonna camp layaway and give them the UPC code at 7 or 8 because that's when customer service (which is the same area) opens. An associate said I can at least let them know ahead of time so they can get ready for it.

I got my preorders at my Walmart.
The memo was printed and taped to the layaway countertop.
She put the receipt and package label in a Wii U folder.
It was 10% + tax + $5.
She couldn't tell how many were preallocated.

[quote name='tightclaws']Walmart is a cluster fuk I'm glad I ordered it online.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone else ordered ones online too. This is fluff :D.

[quote name='thegarageband']Guess who's going to the Porter Ranch Walmart bright and early tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

nice a CAG nearby northridge!

[quote name='gordojones88']I got my preorders at my Walmart.
The memo was printed and taped to the layaway countertop.
She put the receipt and package label in a Wii U folder.
It was 10% + tax + $5.
She couldn't tell how many were preallocated.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of worried the manager didn't put my receipt inside a Wii U folder because he didn't seem to know much about it. What if he didn't do it? Will another employee see the receipt and put in the folder? I just don't want to get fucked.

Got one in Kennewick, Wa. No one was in line, and employees knew nothing about it until I showed them the memo. It took like 15 minutes, but was pretty simple.

[quote name='Maskim']Got one in Kennewick, Wa. No one was in line, and employees knew nothing about it until I showed them the memo. It took like 15 minutes, but was pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Damn it.

All 4 Walmarts, minus one that kinda knew what was up.

The last one told me the Wii U would be available for Pre order on Nov 13, co signed by his manager.

I'm done.

just got back from my local 24hr wally world and successfully pre ordered 2 deluxe units. employees seemed to not know much about it but eventually got it sorted out. to my surprise there was no line just myself and a couple. i hope this helps someone and good luck to those camping out :)

[quote name='masked_mamba24']just got back from my local 24hr wally world and successfully pre ordered 2 deluxe units. employees seemed to not know much about it but eventually got it sorted out. to my surprise there was no line just myself and a couple. i hope this helps someone and good luck to those camping out :)[/QUOTE]Did you just go to electronics or customer service? I think layaway is closed for most 24/7 stores.

I'm still waiting inside my Walmart.. The guy in Electronics can't find the damn UPC in the system.. I need some kind of print out from them in order to process it for layaway. Hopefully it drops into the system some time before 9am.. Until then I'm going to continue to sit here and have suicidal thoughts lol

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Did you just go to electronics or customer service? I think layaway is closed for most 24/7 stores.[/QUOTE]

i went to electronics first and they sent me to the layaway counter which was technically closed but they still me and the other people get our pre orders in.

Well things turned out successful for me. Went there at about 11:45, went straight to electronics and there was a little confusion at first before the guy helping me said that he had to take me back to layaway (which was closed but he was nice enough to do the transaction for me anyways) to process the transaction at 12:01. There was a black binder with all the info in it back there. He said they only had them for the first 9 people (which confirmed the info they gave me over the phone) needless to say, I was the ONLY person there and got it rang up, paid for, and a reciept about as tall as I am lol

[quote name='rayfrombk']I'm still waiting inside my Walmart.. The guy in Electronics can't find the damn UPC in the system.. I need some kind of print out from them in order to process it for layaway. Hopefully it drops into the system some time before 9am.. Until then I'm going to continue to sit here and have suicidal thoughts lol[/QUOTE]That happened with mine. Eventually the manager remembered that when entering a UPC/item number into the computer manually for layaway, that she had to leave off the last 6 numbers, or it would keep showing as item unavailable. At least that's the reason she told me. It appeared to work just fine when she left those last numbers off.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I'm still waiting inside my Walmart.. The guy in Electronics can't find the damn UPC in the system.. I need some kind of print out from them in order to process it for layaway. Hopefully it drops into the system some time before 9am.. Until then I'm going to continue to sit here and have suicidal thoughts lol[/QUOTE]Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

[quote name='masked_mamba24']i went to electronics first and they sent me to the layaway counter which was technically closed but they still me and the other people get our pre orders in.[/QUOTE]I see. Congrats

Got mine! Just came back from wal-mart and at first no one knew what I was talking about.. walked back to electronics, no one was there, so went up to register and asked a cashier (saying my brother got one at a different walmart) so she asked on her walkie talkie and said someone was trying to figure it out. So she sent me back to electronics and the guy there almost sent me away saying he had no clue what I was talking about.. luckily there was someone there with me that said he called earlier and was told they were doing the preorder.. so the guy went back and then sent us to layaway.. which took 20minutes for them to figure out how to do, but they finally did it and got the 2 Wii's preordered.. :) This was in southern california!

[quote name='wickedbull']Got mine! Just came back from wal-mart and at first no one knew what I was talking about.. walked back to electronics, no one was there, so went up to register and asked a cashier (saying my brother got one at a different walmart) so she asked on her walkie talkie and said someone was trying to figure it out. So she sent me back to electronics and the guy there almost sent me away saying he had no clue what I was talking about.. luckily there was someone there with me that said he called earlier and was told they were doing the preorder.. so the guy went back and then sent us to layaway.. which took 20minutes for them to figure out how to do, but they finally did it and got the 2 Wii's preordered.. :) This was in southern california![/QUOTE]

haha small world :D

I just tried phone-calling three 24-hour Walmarts within a 50-mile radius of my home, but none of them picked up. My nearest Walmart is 10 miles away, and I don't want to drive 20+ miles (round trip distance) only to return empty-handed. Is there a way I could contact a store and find out if they're still taking preorders before I make the trip?

Thanks.

[quote name='iGen']I just tried phone-calling three 24-hour Walmarts within a 50-mile radius of my home, but none of them picked up. My nearest Walmart is 10 miles away, and I don't want to drive 20+ miles (round trip distance) only to return empty-handed. Is there a way I could contact a store and find out if they're still taking preorders before I make the trip?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Just show up at 9am at any Walmart in the Layaway/Store Pick-up area in the back and you'll be fine. You don't have to call and confirm anything. Print out and bring the memo just in case.

[quote name='thegarageband']Actually closer to Chatsworth :D[/QUOTE]
I went down to porter ranch today and asked layaway about it, they just kept telling me it comes out in November , have you heard anything different from them?

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

I know.. I gave both numbers to them and both come up as invalid/unavailable.

[quote name='gordojones88']Nice trolling jerkass.
We are preordering. Walmart is my preferred store.[/QUOTE]
Walmart is your preferred store LMAO

[quote name='gordojones88']Just show up at 9am at any Walmart in the Layaway/Store Pick-up area in the back and you'll be fine. You don't have to call and confirm anything. Print out and bring the memo just in case.[/QUOTE]
The ones around me that aren't 24hr open at 6

Success at Monona Wal-Mart near Madison, WI.

We went at 4 a.m. because we had been told on the phone pre-orders would start at 9 a.m.

They had started at midnight, though, and we were consoles 13, 14, 15, and 16. The layaway lady said we could pick them up at 12:01 a.m. on November 18.

For each of us it was about $79 down for two consoles. We had to leave at least a penny on our total order, not one for each console.

Happy Hunting!

Ordered 2 deluxe consoles from Walmart in NOVA. They already had a few layaway preorders iit seemed like. Went around 4am and the process was no sweat - they knew exactly what was going on.

Got to my local Walmart at 4 because I thought they opened at 5 but they do not actually open until 6. Only me and one other couple were there. My Walmart actually had a layaway employee come in early at 6 this morning just for this so I guess they were expecting a turnout also. I got my two ordered no problem. I thought they were going to charge the $5 fee per unit but it was only one fee for both.

This is in Salem, NH btw.

Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...[/QUOTE]

Man, Walmart. lol. That sounds kind of creepy actually. Maybe ask the janitor if there is someone you can talk to?

I'm at the 24 hour one I go to, and it's dead. The person I asked doesn't know about the preorders. Just waiting around for someone that actually works in the electronics section.

[quote name='Octopod']Man, Walmart. lol. That sounds kind of creepy actually. Maybe ask the janitor if there is someone you can talk to?[/QUOTE]

It is pretty creepy. Luckily the tvs are on im watching brave never seen it before so I dragged a chair from the layaway area and sat it over here im watching it till somebody shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back