The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - Gen. Discussion & Info

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
The Set-Up

The best PC RPG in years… remade into the ultimate console RPG. Find out why The Witcher has sold more than a million copies and won more than 100 awards. The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf is built from the ground up using the PC game’s acclaimed story to deliver console gamers a truly unique and extraordinary role-playing game.

Become the legendary monster slayer Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf, in an unrivalled RPG experience where the choices you make shape the world around you like never before. Set in the world created by visionary fantasy author Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf sets a new standard for mature role-playing games with a gripping non-linear story and a visceral real-time combat system that showcases Geralt’s sword-fighting mastery.

+ Create the ultimate monster slayer by choosing from more than 130 different attributes, combat skills and magical powers.

+ Play through the epic story-driven campaign, featuring 40 to 100 hours of gameplay with extensive replay value, during which you’ll make meaningful choices that ultimately lead to three alternate endings.

+ Vanquish your foes in intense real-time combat using six different fighting styles, modifiable weapons, evasive maneuvers, parries, counter-attacks, magic and devastating special attacks.

+ Immerse yourself in a foreboding fantasy world unlike anything you’ve seen before, fusing the latest graphic technology with memorable artistic flair.

The Links

+ The Witcher: RotWW

+ The Witcher Forum

+ The Witcher: VERSUS

+ CD Projekt

+ Witcher Wiki (SPOILERS)

The Books

Go read The Last Wish and enter The Witcher's World NAO!

Another book, Blood of Elves, will be released in the US in April 2009 (already released in the UK, if you're interested in importing)

The Crappy Movie

If you had to choose between the books and the movie, choose the books. But figured I'd put it here anyway: The Hexer

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I know about this game is the European PC release had prostitutes.. Regardless it is nice to see another PC game coming to the 360.

[quote name='SynGamer']Eagerly awaiting this game. I'd love to get Witche Enhanced for the PC but i may just wait for the 360 version.[/quote]

You should still get it for the PC.

[quote name='Draekon']You should still get it for the PC.[/quote]
Looking for it...too expensive for my blood for a PC game.

[quote name='homeland']The only thing I know about this game is the European PC release had prostitutes.. Regardless it is nice to see another PC game coming to the 360.[/QUOTE]All versions had prostitutes, including the same "sex card" for them. But yeah, there were other naughty censorships.

I got this game or the enhanced version on PC three weeks ago and I cant stop playing it. Its hands down one of the very best RPGs I have ever played and I am someone who has played a great many RPGs. I hope to God that this company makes some new game along the lines of this one. I am three quarters of the way through the game and still come home every night looking forward to playing it. I am playing it till all hours of the night and as apposed to some of my other new games. Gears2, Left 4 Dead, Ninja Town (great game too), Little Big Planet, Buzz, and more.

Anyway I dont regret a minute of time wasted on this game and console gamers are lucky as hell to be getting this. A game with real depth and a dark deep story. I hope they dont fluff it up for the tween console crowd. They need to leave the whole sex card and sex aspect of the game because its just one more aspect of the game that makes it stand out. I really hope this turns out as good as the PC version.

I will be getting this. I played the PC version for a bit, but it ran really crappy on my PC. I really enjoyed what I played though.

Just got The Witcher (original version) and upgraded to the Enhanced Edition stuff. Going to try it out a bit later. I finished 'The Last Wish' the other night, great book though the translation was a bit...off at times. Still understandable and enjoyable, but the sentence structuring took a little getting used to at first. I'm looking forward to Blood of Elves, April can't come soon enough.

On a side note, i started a thread over on the official forums asking what people would want in the Special/Collector's Edition if they make one...one of the mods turned it into a poll so feel free to vote :)

[Poll] Special Edition Wishlist

That developer walkthrough is impressive for someone who's only RPG portfolio consists of Pokemon on the Gameboy Color. Glad to see it on consoles so the developers are forced to simplify the layout of the game since Yahtzee made the PC version to be rather repulsive if having to "learn" potions was as half-as-bad as Yahtzee made it out to be.

Rumor has it the game/project has been canceled. Eriash - PR & Community Manager, said "We will comment on this in official release soon." -Source

Can't be good news...very disappointing if true.

Atari: You can't have sex cards and naked dryads in the console version, sorry.
CDProjekt: You can't have The Witcher on consoles, sorry.

:( I was looking forward to it on consoles. I have it on PC (I bought it when it first released like two years ago), but my PC can't run it for shit so I never really got to play it :(

That unfortunate part aside from the game being canceled (if the rumors are true) is that The Witcher 2 has yet to be officially announced (that i know of) so we have a while to go before it will be released...*sad face*

[quote name='lilboo']Neat. :whistle2:k
I'd want a demo, first.[/quote]

I agree. Without playing the demo first I can't say I will buy it. I have played too many games that were good on PC but console ports were nowhere near as good due to sloppy controls.

bread's done
Back