The world's second gigapixel image

Holy shit! It feels like the X-files (before CSI) where they could zoom in on a photo and they could still get a clear picture.

Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:

[quote name='psxtreme']http://www.tpd.tno.nl/Pics/DII/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Pretty awesome. Try zooming in on some objects... Like that car close to the bottom-right part of the image. You can read the license plate number. Oh, and there's a clock tower far in the horizon which you can tell the time on. This shit is off the chain man, its like CSI MIAMI!!!!

- PsXtreme[/quote]

Pretty cool. That is funny about CSI though. I love it how in TV shows and movies, you can take a traffic camera and zoom in far enough that you can see the reflection of the killer in the driver's eyes.

All you need to do is "enhance!"

[quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, must be the shutter speed used to take that picture. The "ghost" is the same guy moving from right to left down the street.

[quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]
It's just a guy from the shoulders up. No biggie. :D

I'm looking for what you are talking about but can't see it.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]
It's just a guy from the shoulders up. No biggie. :D[/quote]

Heh, I know. Hence the rolling eyes. You'd think they'd be smart enough to render the guy out since for all intents and purposes he's only half the man he thought he was.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]

I'm looking for what you are talking about but can't see it.[/quote]

Look at the road going up and down on the right side of the map. Now look at the parking lot on the right w/ the cars parked at an angle. Above that there's a small street going left and right. On that street is a blue sign w/ a bicycle on it. Next to the sign is a half floating torso.

[quote name='javeryh']The pic was taken at 3:05 in the afternoon, eh? Cool.[/quote]

I was just about to tell everyone that....awwww

So I take it this photo is one Gig in size?

In the future they'll have cameras like this all over, and we can zoom into that neighbor chicks bedroom. Ohh la la.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]

I'm looking for what you are talking about but can't see it.[/quote]

Look at the road going up and down on the right side of the map. Now look at the parking lot on the right w/ the cars parked at an angle. Above that there's a small street going left and right. On that street is a blue sign w/ a bicycle on it. Next to the sign is a half floating torso.[/quote]

Alright, I see it now, thats pretty funny. I'm kind of dissapointed that we can't zoom all the way in to see inside the windows :x

[quote name='Requiem']So I take it this photo is one Gig in size?

In the future they'll have cameras like this all over, and we can zoom into that neighbor chicks bedroom. Ohh la la.[/quote]

Hah, and this is the EXACT reason why my curtains will be closed 90% of the time. I don't want anyone to know when me and my ladies are kickin' it.

[quote name='sying']Does anyone want my 2.1 MP camera, it feels so inadequate right about now[/quote]

Poor lil thing... shutter envy :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='Requiem']So I take it this photo is one Gig in size?

In the future they'll have cameras like this all over, and we can zoom into that neighbor chicks bedroom. Ohh la la.[/quote]

Hah, and this is the EXACT reason why my curtains will be closed 90% of the time. I don't want anyone to know when me and my ladies are kickin' it.[/quote]

Its a bunch of little pictures put together

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/gigapixel.htm

I read a better article yesterday that showed the camera they used. Ill look for that one.

[quote name='cyberlian']did ya see the bike parking lot over on the far right in the middle?[/quote]

Is there anything special about it? I see it but nothing seems out of the ordinary to me

[quote name='cyberlian']nothing extra ordinary, I just don't see very many parking lots dedicated exclusivly to bikes[/quote]

haha, then you haven't lived on a college campus. Geez, I wish they WOULD dedicate more parking for us car drivers. Driving around a campus sucks - epecially in a campus where everything is supposed to be walking distance.

[quote name='lebowsky'][quote name='psxtreme']http://www.tpd.tno.nl/Pics/DII/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Pretty awesome. Try zooming in on some objects... Like that car close to the bottom-right part of the image. You can read the license plate number. Oh, and there's a clock tower far in the horizon which you can tell the time on. This shit is off the chain man, its like CSI MIAMI!!!!

- PsXtreme[/quote]

Pretty cool. That is funny about CSI though. I love it how in TV shows and movies, you can take a traffic camera and zoom in far enough that you can see the reflection of the killer in the driver's eyes.

All you need to do is "enhance!"[/quote]

That's nothing. Do you guys remember Will Smith's flick "Enemy of the State"? In order to find out where a cartridge was, the "bad guys" got footage from a security camera in a lingerie store. Not only did they zoom in to the faces via unreal levels but they also managed to somehow move 180 degrees with the footage and actually go on the other side of Will Smith. This was absolutely ridiculous and I'm surprised how seriously it was taken.

It does look like a bunch of smaller picture taken and put together. Thats why you see the guy in the bike with no head, then the next time he took a picture of the next area a person must have been walking but he only got his head... Impresive non-the less.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jaykrue']Look at the street going left to right instead of top down above the parking lot on the right portion of the image. Look at the blue bicycle lane sign. Apparently there are ghosts as well. :roll:[/quote]
It's just a guy from the shoulders up. No biggie. :D[/quote]

Heh, I know. Hence the rolling eyes. You'd think they'd be smart enough to render the guy out since for all intents and purposes he's only half the man he thought he was.[/quote]

They probably wanted to maintain authenticity of it. Either that, or they didn't notice/care.

"half the man" Hilarious...

That's amazing. It kind of reminds me of in Men In Black when Tommy Lee Jones uses a satellite to zoom in on his woman. Not on the same scale, of course.

Or something from 24.

[quote name='ykryptonite13']is it me or are there no people in this picture.[/quote]
I saw one person yesterday, but I don't remember where.

Is this "ghost" in the little canopy opening area amidst the trees? The sign is on the right side of that opening. Or somewhere else? 'Cause if you follow that road where it interesects near the street that goes up and down, there's a cemetery.

bread's done
Back