Throw down the ONE game you own that you doubt *any* other CAG has!

[quote name='depascal22']Don't know if anyone has this but here's my game.

Asuka 100% Burning Fest. Limited for JP Sega Saturn. I'm sure many of you have it on your computers but I might have the only hard copy on CAG.[/quote]
I suppose you mean Asuka 120%? If so, I have 2. One is still sealed.

[quote name='Thomas96']anyone have

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box Set?[/quote]
I got that, bought it at Fry's a couple months back. I have yet to buy the second game.

Anyone have this? --> Disgaea Portable LE on psp

It's certainly not an unknown game by any means but I still doubt kinda doubt that any CAGs own it: Japanese import of Policenauts for PlayStation (original print, not "The Best" reprint). And my copy is signed by writer/director Hideo Kojima and CG art director Yoji Shinkawa.

I also have an old PC game called Whiplash, a racing game in which you had to drive through loops. It wasn't bad but it's about as far from notable as they come. I'm just mentioning this game because I'm hoping someone else remembers/owns it, too.

I'd also like to find out who else owns these games: Desert Commander (NES), Chicken Run (DC), Treasures of the Deep (PS1), and Soul of the Samurai (PS1).

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I got that, bought it at Fry's a couple months back. I have yet to buy the second game.

Anyone have this? --> Disgaea Portable LE on psp[/QUOTE]

oh no.. I have one and two.. and Nocturne...

[quote name='Thomas96']anyone have

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box Set?[/QUOTE]
i have 2 copies sealed

The real rare DDS is the bundle that was on Atlus website for a few hours. It has both DDS games plus a bonus disc.

I had some pc game called evil island (islands?) for PC that I got from comp usa for $9. Really bad diablo sort of clone with very snakry voice acting. still finished it though.

i had this weird video game console. i dont even remember the name of it, it was so long ago.

it came w/ VHS tapes. and a lightgun which looked like a white space ship.

probably still have it in storage somewhere.

any1 remember what this was called?

[quote name='propeller_head']i had this weird video game console. i dont even remember the name of it, it was so long ago.

it came w/ VHS tapes. and a lightgun which looked like a white space ship.

probably still have it in storage somewhere.

any1 remember what this was called?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a console but it sounds like "Captain Power"; you used space ships like a light gun and played VHS tapes of episodes that acted as missions. I think it even had it's own TV show briefly that worked the same way. If this is what you're thinking about, I had it too :) .

[quote name='dopa345']It wasn't a console but it sounds like "Captain Power"; you used space ships like a light gun and played VHS tapes of episodes that acted as missions. I think it even had it's own TV show briefly that worked the same way. If this is what you're thinking about, I had it too :) .[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah did you have the matching bedspread and sheets? That and Teddy Rupxin or whatever it was called... I remember that from two decades ago..

There was another thing like that. I don't remember what it was called, but I'm pretty sure the gun looked more like a regular gun. It had maybe a "game" where you were a fighter pilot, and one with zombies. The unit the gun was plugged in to ran on batteries I think, and basically just had a counter on it for hits or something like that.

It may have even been two player, I'm not sure.

It was pretty lame though. My friend's dad wouldn't let him have a "big" console, so he only had that and his Gameboy.

Madden 95 Gold Championship Edition. Gold limited to rental chains limited to less than 1000. Has all the features of Madden 95, plus it has every championship team ever in it. While that may seem like nothing now, a dozen years ago it was a HUGE deal.

[quote name='dopa345']It wasn't a console but it sounds like "Captain Power"; you used space ships like a light gun and played VHS tapes of episodes that acted as missions. I think it even had it's own TV show briefly that worked the same way. If this is what you're thinking about, I had it too :) .[/QUOTE]
I had that too :)

Anyone else have these:

irritating_stick.jpg

Dragon-Seeds.jpg

1401.jpg

[quote name='rapsodist']I'd also like to find out who else owns these games: Desert Commander (NES), Chicken Run (DC), Treasures of the Deep (PS1), and Soul of the Samurai (PS1).[/QUOTE]I've owned Treasures of the Deep twice. Have a sealed copy now. Great game. I owned Chicken Run DC a while back, but got rid of it.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Anyone have this? --> Disgaea Portable LE on psp[/QUOTE]I'm pretty darn sure that's a ways off -- unless you're talking an import version.

Anyone else own the Mario's Picross sequels that came out in Japan? I have Picross 2 for Game Boy, and Super Picross for Super Famicom -- both complete. I love those games.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I've owned Treasures of the Deep twice. Have a sealed copy now. Great game. I owned Chicken Run DC a while back, but got rid of it. [/quote]

Finally! No one I've talked to has ever played Treasures of the Deep. Most people haven't even heard of it. I thought it was a great game for its time, and even to this day no one's really tried to duplicate what it did. We need more games focused on deep sea exploration. I didn't think I'd ever find someone else who knows about the game, let alone a CAG near my area!

[quote name='rapsodist']Finally! No one I've talked to has ever played Treasures of the Deep. Most people haven't even heard of it. I thought it was a great game for its time, and even to this day no one's really tried to duplicate what it did. We need more games focused on deep sea exploration. I didn't think I'd ever find someone else who knows about the game, let alone a CAG near my area![/QUOTE]
I remember playing it on a Namco demo disc and being intrigued. I made sure to review it for Classic GI during my Game Informer days, hoping to spread the word.

If you want another deep-sea exploration game, try Everblue 2 for PlayStation 2. It's first-person adventuring with lots of things to do. My review of it is here: http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200303/R03.0729.1612.36116.htm

[quote name='dopa345']It wasn't a console but it sounds like "Captain Power"; you used space ships like a light gun and played VHS tapes of episodes that acted as missions. I think it even had it's own TV show briefly that worked the same way. If this is what you're thinking about, I had it too :) .[/quote]
Captainpowerxt-7.JPG

yup

[quote name='Machine']Propeller_head is thinking about the ActionMax: http://www.vidgame.net/Action_Max/actionmax.htm

I used to have one too - it was pretty fun for about five minutes and then you realized you wasted your money.[/quote]

and yup again

i think i somehow fused the memories in my head :rofl:

actionmax.jpg

[quote name='rapsodist']I'd also like to find out who else owns these games: Desert Commander (NES), Chicken Run (DC), Treasures of the Deep (PS1), and Soul of the Samurai (PS1).[/quote]

i've got Desert Commander. Great turn-based strategy game (esp for an NES game).

they should re-release this. excellent game system, im predicting in the near future: xbox360=dead. action max all the way. it's truly the teddy ruxpin of gaming systems.

http://www.vidgame.net/Action_Max/actionmax.htm

currently there are only five games (they sort of stopped making them in 1987, but I'm optimistic that there are a few in the pipes.) the good news is they are *live action* games, meaning they had some kick ass acting and a fat budget for tasty fx.

ManufacturerWorld of Wonder

PopsGhostlyActionBox.jpg
actionmaxsonicfuryfc.jpg

Whenever I have something "rare" I usually sell it, so I probably don't have much. I sold my Sega CDX & Working Designs RPG's when PS2 was coming out, along with Snatcher and whatever else was "rare & valuable" at the time.

I guess right now, at this second, the rarest game I have now is a mint complete Sega Saturn Final Fight Revenge.

Here's three recent "gems" that I bet most people don't have:

The Guy Game - Bought it when I heard it was getting pulled for the underage pr0n (for collector's purposes- I'm not a freak- and it's still sealed).

Kakuto Chojin - with strategy guide - horrible game, bought it when I heard they were getting recalled and destroyed for using the Koran in one of the stages.

Maximum Chase - super cheesy driving/shooting game with horrible human actors with CG backgrounds. I actually LOVE this game. It's so bad, it's good.

[quote name='thespamofpower']i've got Desert Commander. Great turn-based strategy game (esp for an NES game).[/QUOTE]

I have it as well. It is a pretty good game. Might have to drag it back out again.

[quote name='ViolentLee']

Anyone else own the Mario's Picross sequels that came out in Japan? I have Picross 2 for Game Boy, and Super Picross for Super Famicom -- both complete. I love those games.[/QUOTE]

I have both! Cart only on Picross 2 however.
I ALSO have Picross DS! :razz:

I've got the Guy Game for PS2 also. Its garbage.

Also, I don't have it YET, but I'm getting "Tingle's Balloon Fight" from ClubNintendo in April! I doubt a lot of CAGs will get that one! ;)

[quote name='Haggar']The Guy Game - Bought it when I heard it was getting pulled for the underage pr0n (for collector's purposes- I'm not a freak- and it's still sealed).[/QUOTE]
Guy Game's already been mentioned, and I already squashed it by having a copy. Regarding Maximum Chase, that's been a perennial cheap-ass game, as I always see copies in clearance sections of stores.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I have both! Cart only on Picross 2 however.
I ALSO have Picross DS! :razz:[/QUOTE]Tell me more! Is that the Gundam themed one? I tried to see if my local import store (Hyper Game, if anyone cares) carried it, but they didn't. Or is this some other one I never heard of? I've always said DS was MADE for Picross games.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Regarding Maximum Chase, that's been a perennial cheap-ass game, as I always see copies in clearance sections of stores.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was RARE. I meant no one would want to own it. I probably have the only copy in existance.

I wish I still had my copy of Toxic Grind. Why did I get rid of that gem?

[quote name='coltyhuxx']they should re-release this. excellent game system, im predicting in the near future: xbox360=dead. action max all the way. it's truly the teddy ruxpin of gaming systems.

http://www.vidgame.net/Action_Max/actionmax.htm

currently there are only five games (they sort of stopped making them in 1987, but I'm optimistic that there are a few in the pipes.) the good news is they are *live action* games, meaning they had some kick ass acting and a fat budget for tasty fx.

ManufacturerWorld of Wonder

[/quote]

I actually owned this thing once upon a time...

[quote name='king masters']I'm betting no one else has Ar Toneliceo for the ps2[/QUOTE]
Got it. Just submitted my review to GameSpy. I really like the whole female singer/magic user thing.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Got it. Just submitted my review to GameSpy. I really like the whole female singer/magic user thing.[/quote] oh I liked it also, I just got to section 2, who's you install the purger with?

panic restaurant nes. Actually i bet someone has that.

it used to be the haunted castle jamma board. but i sold that last year.

i have a few super famicom imports:

ys V expert
sd gundam gx

i used to have the super rare fire emblem thracia. It was the last superfami game and in very low quanties. but i got rid of it, not that good of a game if you dont like strat games.

I thought about getting a sharp x68000 to complete the castlavania collection or maybe a fm towns marty but that is just getting too obscure. i mean that crap takes up some space for things i actually would use.

[quote name='ViolentLee']
Tell me more! Is that the Gundam themed one? I tried to see if my local import store (Hyper Game, if anyone cares) carried it, but they didn't. Or is this some other one I never heard of? I've always said DS was MADE for Picross games.[/QUOTE]

Its this one: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-picross+ds-70-1pns.html

Made/published by Nintendo and it has Wifi!

There's no real theme, its kinda plain like the version of Puzzle League included in the Dr. Mario/Puzzle League GBA game.
But upon finishing a puzzle, the picture will be colored in and animated. Its a pretty cool effect.

Plus I found out recently that you can download bonus puzzle packs over Wifi and the first one included some puzzles from Mario's Picross.

GREAT stuff!

[quote name='Gameboy415']Its this one: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-picross+ds-70-1pns.html

Made/published by Nintendo and it has Wifi!

There's no real theme, its kinda plain like the version of Puzzle League included in the Dr. Mario/Puzzle League GBA game.
But upon finishing a puzzle, the picture will be colored in and animated. Its a pretty cool effect.

Plus I found out recently that you can download bonus puzzle packs over Wifi and the first one included some puzzles from Mario's Picross.

GREAT stuff![/QUOTE]
Well, snap. I know what I'm going to be buying soon. Thanks much for the info. That color and animation thing is in the Super Famicom version, too. Is there Wario Mode? I seem to like that more -- when you're not told when you mess up, just when you finish the whole thing right.

[quote name='rapsodist']It's certainly not an unknown game by any means but I still doubt kinda doubt that any CAGs own it: Japanese import of Policenauts for PlayStation (original print, not "The Best" reprint). And my copy is signed by writer/director Hideo Kojima and CG art director Yoji Shinkawa.

I also have an old PC game called Whiplash, a racing game in which you had to drive through loops. It wasn't bad but it's about as far from notable as they come. I'm just mentioning this game because I'm hoping someone else remembers/owns it, too.

I'd also like to find out who else owns these games: Desert Commander (NES), Chicken Run (DC), Treasures of the Deep (PS1), and Soul of the Samurai (PS1).[/quote]

Friend of mine used to own Whiplash, probably has it around somewhere too. I loved doing a certain track that had an upside down loop. I'd stop upside down and watch my car slowly fall and explode.

Just for laughs, anybody have Chex Quest? :)

bread's done
Back