Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys--
While I was out yesterday with my gf plant hunting, I stopped into my local TRU since it's in the same plaza, and look what I found:
arcee.jpg

I found all four that come per box just sitting there, so I decided to help out my fellow CAGs that have been desperately searching by buying all of 'em.

So here's the deal: I went through the thread here going back about 4-5 pages, taking all the names of individuals that seem to indicate they're still hunting for the pink dynamo.
Right now I have two that I'll sell at retail price ($11.99) + shipping to CAG members. I may have a third, but that depends on a friend deciding (very shortly) if he wants it.

However, I don't like first-come, first-served because people's locations and schedules make it difficult for people to get a fair shake when it comes to forums. So....
There's only one way I figured this to be fair, and that's simply rolling a dice and picking the name based on the number rolled. Since there's 4 names (EDIT: 5 now, with Husher possibly withdrawing), I'll simply ignore it if I roll a five or six. so I'll roll it twice (one for each figure) and announce the fortunate recipient (if they wish to buy it).

The names I found scanning through the forum are:
1. Zmonkay
180husher
3. Blandstalker
4. Inferno-X

5. BigTaco55

If any of you don't wish to be a part of this and wish to withdraw your name, private message me ASAP so that I can take you off the list and give one of the others a better chance. If it whittles down to two names, well, then I don't even have to do the dice.

Anyways, I'll wait until tomorrow morning to roll to give everyone a chance to read this.
When the winners get picked, just let me know how you want it shipped--usually the best method is just the flat-rate $6 USPS box.

ALSO: If you're looking for Cybertron Animated Ratchet, they might have them there still, and I could go back and pick one up for you as well. Again, contact me if you want one.

EDIT: I added a watermark post-entry to my pic to ensure some shmoe on eBay won't swipe it to use--turns out there's a lot of beige carpet out there. :)

Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, I'd totally be up for that. Still looking for Animated Ratchet too, if you happen to be in the area again. My stupid TRU hasn't restocked their Animated as far as I can tell since December :(

Also, if you have one in less than mint condition box and I win a roll of the dice, feel free to give the better condition box to someone else. I open em up anyway (as it appears you do too, lol), so the box isn't a concern for me.

Thanks!

As much as I want one, I'll remove my name from the list. With my luck, I'd buy one of yours and then find 10 sitting in TRU.:D

And sometimes, it's just about the hunt.;)

Thanks for the offer though...not many CAGs would look out for each other instead of just flipping for themselves.:applause:

[quote name='Zmonkay']Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, I'd totally be up for that. Still looking for Animated Ratchet too, if you happen to be in the area again. My stupid TRU hasn't restocked their Animated as far as I can tell since December :(

Also, if you have one in less than mint condition box and I win a roll of the dice, feel free to give the better condition box to someone else. I open em up anyway (as it appears you do too, lol), so the box isn't a concern for me.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

They're all in pristine condition. Except for mine of course--she's out of the box and on display--you called it. :D I was really careful and got the tape off the right side enough that the only damage is to the clamshell/front point that I squeezed her packaging out.

She has some decent articulation--I have her with one blade out at an angle and her head turned with one leg bracing behind her, the other hand reaching up to her back implying she's pulling the other sword.

[quote name='180husher']As much as I want one, I'll remove my name from the list. With my luck, I'd buy one of yours and then find 10 sitting in TRU.:D

And sometimes, it's just about the hunt.;)

Thanks for the offer though...not many CAGs would look out for each other instead of just flipping for themselves.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Really?! Of all the people I've seen on here with the worst luck at finding her, it's you.

But if you reallllllly want to keep hunting, I'll take you off.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush though--you've got a 2 (or even 3) in 4 chance of getting one.

It did cross my mind to flip 'em initially--but given that I look forward to new info about upcoming figures in this thread and how others struggle to find them as bad as I do, I'd much rather help out than try and profit. Besides, selling 'em on eBay's a pain in the ass. :D

I would LOVE to get one of these if you don't find a home for one of them. I don't have a TRU even in my town, so the times I check they never have them. That is really awesome you are doing this.

[quote name='bigtaco55']I would LOVE to get one of these if you don't find a home for one of them. I don't have a TRU even in my town, so the times I check they never have them. That is really awesome you are doing this.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll add you in--you can take Husher's slot if he/she really wants to withdraw.

I still can't believe that Hasbro is still so clueless after so many years.

Did anybody collect the revamped Master of the Universe line years ago? Hasbro pulled the same shit there, by shortpacking the boxes and making it impossible to find the new figures. On top of the problem of the pegs being full of shelfwarmers so retailers didn't put out new stock.

Now they go retailer exclusive, shortpack the figures, and retailers get stuck with the shit nobody wants and won't order more figs because the shelves are full of the old stuff.

It kind of sucks they take a fan favorite like Arcee, and then screw over their fans. Apparently this is the Hasbro MO, though.

Yeah, Hasbro is just plain stupid sometimes. I'm really hoping MP Grimmy won't be a problem to find. Can't friggin wait for that!

Also, Hasbro confirmed 2 more TRU Animated exclusives: Rodimus and Cybertron Ironhide (repaint of the current exclusive Cybertron Ratchet). Can't find the link, but it was on a TFW2005 "ask Hasbro" thing. Beyond that, it's unknown if the Animated Prime with wings/trailer or Blackout are going to get released (they were shown at ToyFair, but not seen since) Blackout at least is getting released as part of Japan's Animated line, so I guess push comes to shove we can import that.

I really miss Animated :( Show/Toyline were just such a perfect combination of new stuff and brilliant homages.

[quote name='Watchman']

Really?! Of all the people I've seen on here with the worst luck at finding her, it's you.

But if you reallllllly want to keep hunting, I'll take you off.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush though--you've got a 2 (or even 3) in 4 chance of getting one.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not the worst luck, just the most b!tching about it. My 5 yr. old son said we should give up trying to find Arcee and just ask Santa to bring it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah, Hasbro is just plain stupid sometimes. I'm really hoping MP Grimmy won't be a problem to find. Can't friggin wait for that!

Also, Hasbro confirmed 2 more TRU Animated exclusives: Rodimus and Cybertron Ironhide (repaint of the current exclusive Cybertron Ratchet). Can't find the link, but it was on a TFW2005 "ask Hasbro" thing. Beyond that, it's unknown if the Animated Prime with wings/trailer or Blackout are going to get released (they were shown at ToyFair, but not seen since) Blackout at least is getting released as part of Japan's Animated line, so I guess push comes to shove we can import that.

I really miss Animated :( Show/Toyline were just such a perfect combination of new stuff and brilliant homages.[/QUOTE]

Rodimus:drool:! Great, I'll be playing this "find the transformer" game forever.

I still don't understand how they could lose money from releasing the 3rd season on DVD.

Wow, thanks! I'm up for it too. I really appreciate what you're doing, no matter who ends up with the Arcees.

I just came back from Toronto and even stopped at a TRU there -- no dice. Interestingly, they sell the mail-in Ravage as a regular Deluxe. It's friggen' ugly, though.

Okedoke, so I rolled the dice this morning as promised, and the first came up a 3, so that's Blandstalker.

The second roll came up 1, so that's Zmonkay.

Congrats! Now just PM me and we'll work out addresses and shipping preferences.

My buddy down in Arkansas says he found a guy who lost his wife and family and is in serious debt from collecting every single Transformers toy. He hasn't shown up in awhile so his mother might start selling them off. So be on the lookout for curiously priced gems just in case.

[quote name='TheCapn010']My buddy down in Arkansas says he found a guy who lost his wife and family and is in serious debt from collecting every single Transformers toy. He hasn't shown up in awhile so his mother might start selling them off. So be on the lookout for curiously priced gems just in case.[/QUOTE]

He sounds hardcore. :lol:

list of upcoming Japanese TFA

July

TA-26 Leader Class Megatron - 7140 JPY / $78 USD
TA-27 Leader Class Ultra Magnus - 7140 JPY / $78 USD
TA-28 Sentinel - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
TA-29 Autobot Jazz - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
TA-30 Autobot Blurr - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
TA-31 Elite Guard Bumblebee - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
TA-32 Wreck-Gar - 3780 JPY / $41 USD
Optimus Prime and Rodimus (Clear/Crystal Set) - 5250 JPY / $57 USD

August

TA-33 Rodimus - 3780 JPY / $41 USD
TA-34 Samurai Prowl - 2940 JPY / $31 USD
TA-35 Decepticon Sunstorm - 3780 JPY / $41 USD
TA-36 Swindle - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
TA-37 Waspinator - 2415 JPY / $23 USD
Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime Vs Cybertron Mode Megatron - 4725 JPY / $51 USD

September

TA-38 Wingblade Optimus Prime - 4725 JPY / $51 USD
TA-39 Jetpack Bumblebee - 3360 JPY / $36 USD
TA-40 Cybertron Mode Ratchet - 2415 JPY / $23 USD

I'm going to order some of those asap from an online retailer. It's nice that TRU is throwing us a bone by releasing (some of) them in the US, but after this incident with Arcee I can only imagine what will happen when Rodimus rolls around.

Are any of you guys going to Botcon? If there are enough of us it would be kind of cool to get a CAG group together.

Watchman,

If by chance you still have extras of the Arcees or are willing to grab more could you add me to the list?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oooooh I like both of those.[/QUOTE]

I could live without Optimus (though he is nice) but Rodimus is gold. Of course it's going to be Arcee all over again.

Which, while on the subject, a big thank you to Watchman. My Arcee arrived today. I've even been at TRU twice in the past week (for birthday party toys) and of course they haven't had Arcee. Now I can stop going to TRU!

[quote name='blandstalker']

Which, while on the subject, a big thank you to Watchman. My Arcee arrived today. I've even been at TRU twice in the past week (for birthday party toys) and of course they haven't had Arcee. Now I can stop going to TRU![/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Just hope someone someday can come through for me as well for a hard-to-find TF. Enjoy!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Are any of you guys going to Botcon? If there are enough of us it would be kind of cool to get a CAG group together.

Watchman,

If by chance you still have extras of the Arcees or are willing to grab more could you add me to the list?[/QUOTE]

I think I may have an extra one still. Not near my stack, but I don't think it'll be a problem. Send me a PM.

[quote name='batman1939']Lost as in dead or lost as in I can't take this anymore I'm leaving you for a woman?[/QUOTE]

Lost as in I'm leaving you, you collected every fuckin Transformers toy.
Oh, and he bought the same car that one of the Decepticons is in the movies, put a Decep sticker on the front, and smashed a whole side of it. True Winner.

Found 3 Arcees at my local TRU this morning. I'm holding on to 2 of them, but like Watchman, I'll put one up here for retail + shipping. Got there a few minutes after they opened, so they could have been there yesterday, or put out overnight and an employee set one aside. I know one of the guys that works there was interested in getting one, but had missed out on shipments in the past.

Looks like Inferno-X and BigTaco55 were in on Watchman's prior die roll, and Ultimate Matt X inquired, though Watchman may have supplied through PMs. I'll give until tomorrow evening, 9pm Eastern, for people to acknowledge interest, then make a random choice. Don't know if I have a die to throw, might just use http://www.random.org/dice/.

1. Inferno-X
2. BigTaco55
3. Ultimate Matt X
4. mickeyp
5. RedvsBlue

I have a couple other TRUs to check. Rain and traffic kept me from taking the time to check this morning, but I might have time tonight or tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Are any of you guys going to Botcon? If there are enough of us it would be kind of cool to get a CAG group together.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be about fifteen minutes from my house, so it'll just hinge on whether I have any spare funds.

I would really like an animated arcee for my 8 year old son and myself. I look all the time and can't find her anywhere. It is really crazy that they don't have them, I see other exclusives all the time in the store. If anyone can help let me know.

As always I will be making my appearance.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Are any of you guys going to Botcon? If there are enough of us it would be kind of cool to get a CAG group together.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Are any of you guys going to Botcon? If there are enough of us it would be kind of cool to get a CAG group together.[/QUOTE]

I plan on going this year. I'm not too far from Orlando, so I can drive rather then fly and that makes a huge difference. I plan on selling the convention box set asap. Ugh, definitely not for me.

[quote name='Bloomy']Found 3 Arcees at my local TRU this morning. I'm holding on to 2 of them, but like Watchman, I'll put one up here for retail + shipping. Got there a few minutes after they opened, so they could have been there yesterday, or put out overnight and an employee set one aside. I know one of the guys that works there was interested in getting one, but had missed out on shipments in the past.[/QUOTE]

You are a really cool person, thanks! Hope I win a roll on one of those. :D CAG has been much more helpful about finding Arcees then anyone on TFW has been, in my continuing efforts.

Is getting the $305 package the only way of getting the exclusive Botcon 2010 figures? Do they sell them seperately if you just want the cheapest option?

How does that work, exactly?

I'm sure that this has already been posted at some point, but I went to one of the 3 TRU near me (West Hartford, Ct) and they had the 25th anniversary Optimus Prime w/DVD & comic on clearance for $40.

Also, anyone know where I can get ROTF Jetfire (to linkup with Optimus)? I can't seem to find him anywhere for less than $55.

[quote name='animalspinners']Is getting the $305 package the only way of getting the exclusive Botcon 2010 figures? Do they sell them seperately if you just want the cheapest option?

How does that work, exactly?[/QUOTE]

It's the best way to get them. They sell a separate box set, it's intended for non-attending people, but anyone could get it I suppose. It costs exactly the same as a $305 convention attending Primus package so there is really no point in that. The only other option you would have would be an online store or eBay, but they're not going to be any cheaper then that.

[quote name='animalspinners']Is getting the $305 package the only way of getting the exclusive Botcon 2010 figures? Do they sell them seperately if you just want the cheapest option?

Yes, the only way to get the figures is to buy them as a set in the $300 package to attend or Iacon for non-attendees. You can't buy the figures separately, you can buy a second set after you receive your first one which I think was $150 or so.

The only way to buy the figures separate is buying it off people who bought the whole set and want to break it up. That, and ebay.

[quote name='180husher']4 Skywarps showed up at the local Walmart today for $15. Must have been the same ones that vanished from the shelf 2-3 months ago.

Now why can't Arcee just "show up" at TRU?[/QUOTE]

Dammit. The Wal-Mart nearest to me had them for $30, so I snagged one (of like, 10 there).

[quote name='def PD']What's the the deal with everyone wanting Animated Arcee? I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

My "boy" animated transformers have no one to have "relations" with...except Black Arachnia and she's part organic...ugh.

HAHAHA, of course, I rushed out and bought Perceptor and Insecticons as soon as they came out and I saw em, because TRU exclusives can be hard to find... Not only are they ALWAYS in stock at my TRU, but now they're part of this B1G1 50% sale. I HATE YOU TRU!!!!

Die roll from random.org came up 2, which is BigTaco55. Congrats! PM sent to finalize details. If I come across any more, I'll definitely make it known here.

[quote name='def PD']What's the the deal with everyone wanting Animated Arcee? I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

G1 Arcee never had an official toy and the fandom has never gotten a car version of Arcee (plenty of bikes). This is as close as we have ever gotten to that G1 vision (despite it being clearly Animated in style) and it's a great little toy.

[quote name='Inferno-X']G1 Arcee never had an official toy and the fandom has never gotten a car version of Arcee (plenty of bikes). This is as close as we have ever gotten to that G1 vision (despite it being clearly Animated in style) and it's a great little toy.[/QUOTE]

And my sister-in-law picked up TWO I put on hold just 30 minutes ago...and BOGO50%off too...woohoo. Finally. I visited two stores today and one put out new animated but the Arcee's were gone. Just for sh!ts and giggles I called a store near my brother and they had them and held them for me.

Now to wait for Rodimus...which will be impossible to find but the winged Optimus it will be boxed with will be filling the pegs for ages just like Rachet.

Seems like Friday they do some stocking around here...might not hurt to call around since they are less busy than the weekends and more willing to help.

[quote name='Bloomy']Die roll from random.org came up 2, which is BigTaco55. Congrats! PM sent to finalize details. If I come across any more, I'll definitely make it known here.[/QUOTE]

I may not have won but I wanted to say thanks for so generously giving away your extra Arcee. It was very awesome of you to do.

Stopped by my local TRU this afternoon after work and was sorely disappointed. Despite the sales recently no one ever buys transformers at this store, so the same old stuff sits on the pegs for MONTHS and nothing new gets put out. I was going to get Universe Countdown and something else for half off, either Leader Movie Prime or Human Alliance Mudflap. No Prime, but they did have 6 Megatrons. No Mudflap, but plenty of Bumblebees. Also they had the same Soundwaves and Jazzes in the Animated section that I've seen for what seems forever.

[quote name='180husher']

Now to wait for Rodimus...which will be impossible to find but the winged Optimus it will be boxed with will be filling the pegs for ages just like Rachet.
[/QUOTE]

Acutally, Rodimus is being released with Ironhide in the Fall. Wingblade Optimus is a Voyager sized figure and they don't pack those with Deluxes. Plans for releasing WB Optimus in the states have been scrapped for the time being, but you can pre-order it from Japan.

Okay, if you don't plan to attend then your best option will be to get what is called the Iacon Package (non-attendee). However, this will only get you the 5 figure boxset, so you will not get the free attendee-only exclusive, nor will you get access to the souvenir exclusive sets they will sell at the convention itself. So you will essentially get 5 out of the XX exclusive figures being offered this year. You can, as was mentioned, get them from ebay afterwards, but I know one of the souvenir sets is gonna go for a lot of money this year.

bread's done
Back