Un-Official PSP Launch Price So It Really Doesn't Matter. Thanks GCAdvanced.

[quote name='Alpha2']I parry your GT4:potable and counter with Metal Gear Acid.

The the point is I doubt GT4:portable will be the exact same game just like the portable Armored Core wont exactly be a copy of what ever the next AC game is on the PS2. They;ll be scaled down or have play and story adjusted to not be the same games.[/quote]

Although I'm not particularly intrigued by MG:A, I see your point there. But, by brining that up, you're kind of avoiding my point.

GT4: Portable has been said by the developers in interviews (it was either IGN or GameSpot) that the portable and home console versions will be nearly identical.

Metal Gear Acid is an original, but it's not like that's Metal Gear Solid 3 Portable or something, it's not even the same genre of game. But, if you take the example that I gave already, or even SOCOM, which was one of the first announced PSP games, the games are nearly identical to their PS2 counterparts. SOCOM won't be entirely the same, but it'll probably have the same controls, graphics, and possibly some of the same online functionality.

I still am relatively positive that PSP is to the PS2 as GBA is to the SNES. It'll become the home of a lot of ports, and that's not something that interests me.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='Alpha2']I think one of the things they're counting on in their launch is not to have games that are EXACTLY the same as PS2 games, some are approximations or have the same theme but arnt a complete copy.

They want you to buy BOTH games rather than just one OR the other.[/quote]

Then explain GT4 and GT4: Portable :roll:[/quote]

One would expect the PSP GT to push the wireless connectivity aspect. Multi-player on handhelds with everyone having their own screen is more accessable than networking a bunch of consoles in the same room. This is a very different thing from online since being in the same location as your opponents/partners has a greater social component.

So far there seems to be an assumption that these franchises will just be miniature versions of the PS2 games. This may be the case in some but I'd expect more to be original products intended to reach the same people who enjoyed the console version It isn't like the GBA situation where Nintendo was reviving NES and SNES games that were released before much of the GBA audience was born. such recycling will be more difficult to sell to the PSP audience.

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='Alpha2']I think one of the things they're counting on in their launch is not to have games that are EXACTLY the same as PS2 games, some are approximations or have the same theme but arnt a complete copy.

I parry your GT4:potable and counter with Metal Gear Acid.

The the point is I doubt GT4:portable will be the exact same game just like the portable Armored Core wont exactly be a copy of what ever the next AC game is on the PS2. They;ll be scaled down or have play and story adjusted to not be the same games.[/quote]

But unless you spend massive amounts of time away from home you don't really need a portable system that will have VERY SIMILAR games that are scaled down. The GT series is VERY deep as most people know. You can lose 3-4 without even noticing. Now, if the Battery life is poor, you need to have an outlet nearby. If you need to have an outlet nearby to play a portable system, then it's not very portable, is it? So if you really want the game and it is on PS2 also, then just get it on the home console. As for Metal Gear AC!D, I don't think people are gonna go crazy for it like it was a real MGS game. Now if they release a Metal Gear exclusive for PSP then, I could see getting it.

WEll, the ps2 did debut at $300 plus. And the price after launch will probably go down quick to 200..and then it will be normal again.

...And probably thanks to CAG, well be getting psp's at half the price. So..Im not worried. :)

[quote name='Death2Sanity']They've changed the story, it no longer says that the $350 price is official.[/quote]

Even so, I still wouldn't pay $300 either. MAYBE $250 w/a really cool game. MAYBE. Anyways, you know that a year later they will release a PSP SP :) that will be cheaper and have longer battery life (technology is always evolving).

Well battery life is still as up in the air as the price at this point... Maybe moreso even.

But I will agree with what alongx said about the GBA-SNES comparison. but that still hasn't stopped the GBA from geting a nice bunch of games we dont have on SNES.

As for MGacid I consider it a tactical game and thats fine with me, I think any one who likes games like tactics ogre, FFTA, or Onimusha tactics will go for it.

Sorry about that guys. They are changing their story now. Still saying $349.99, but took back the Gamespot reference. GCAdvanced has usually been pretty accurate, so I suppose we shall wait and see.

[quote name='dracula']i think i will wait for it to fail miserably and pick one up clearanced at target for a fraction of this price[/quote]

:D That's what I'm hoping for!

I'm not trusting that site for PSP news. If it's true though, that's just sad. $300 is my absolute max for the PSP, and even at that price I won't be happy about it. $350 is a no go.

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='Alpha2']I think one of the things they're counting on in their launch is not to have games that are EXACTLY the same as PS2 games, some are approximations or have the same theme but arnt a complete copy.

[/quote]

Finishing blow:

Death Jr. (PSP exclusive)

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']

But still, Nintendo: don't start suckin' eachothers d***** just yet. It DOES bode well for the DS, though.[/quote]

Charming.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='Alpha2']I think one of the things they're counting on in their launch is not to have games that are EXACTLY the same as PS2 games, some are approximations or have the same theme but arnt a complete copy.

[/quote]

Finishing blow:

Death Jr. (PSP exclusive)[/quote]

Yeah.. that totally owned someone.

It's a Nintendo site saying that, so I hardly believe it until Sony official says the price at U.S. launch.

Anyway, I'll buy a PSP no matter what. Sony makes my favorite 1st party games. I love a lot of the games coming to it. Sony makes my favorite consoles too. I'll get a PSP over a DS anyday of the week.

[quote name='slidecage']I wonder if this price is Real. Well this just makes me go out and buy a DS for 149 this xmas even more. 2 DS or 1 PSP lol good luck selling it sony. Then again if it comes out in short supply im sure some sucker will pay 500 for it on ebay[/quote]suckers will be paying 3x that

bread's done
Back