UPDATE! Radioshack Sale! 9/16-9/30 VERY YMMV

flapjackfritz

CAG Veteran
Quick update... The sale is using special 'blue tags'. That means its only available in select stores, and not online. Basically, places that are trying to liquidate their gaming supplies. Its going to be spotty availability. Only in places that don't sell that many games. That makes it VERY YMMV. But it does exist in some places. And it is for any color DS in locations it is available.

Not every store has everything in stock, but here are the prices I found they were putting up for sale now through 9/30

:ps2:PS2 System - 97.99
:360:Xbox 360 console system w/ 20gb hd - 224.99
:ds:NDS lite - 97.99:hot:
:360:Xbox 360 messenger kit - 22.99
:360:360 Wireless Headset - 44.99
:ds:Mario Kart DS - 26.99
:ds:Mario Party DS - 22.99
:wii:Wii Classic Controller - 14.99
:360:Xbox 360 Wireless controller - 37.99
:whee:GTA 4 PS3/360 - 44.99

TIP: If it is on sale, and out of stock, tell them to get one for you from another store. They can check the stock of nearby stores and have them shipped to their store, free of charge, in 2-3 days.

The sale has been confirmed in:
KY
UTAH
PA
NEBRASKA
Durham, NC
Monterey, CA
Sanford, FL

The sale IS NOT TAKING PLACE here:
Big Cities (NYC, Chicago, Boston)
Aurora, IL
NW Ohio
Mont Claire, NJ
Hercules, CA
Merrilsville, IN
Rockaway, NJ
The Internet

Those are the ones I found, there may be more though. If I remember right, they also have super cheap batterys for DS, like 5 bucks. Hopefully this helps someone!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I got the PS2 9000 serise for $ 94.59 + tax from BB. And Also got Limited Ed. Pokemon DS Lite for the same price from CC.

It is a good idea if you get it price matched, it will save you couple of dollars. Thanks OP

[quote name='kart007k']Okay, so I got the PS2 9000 serise for $ 94.59 + tax from best buy. And Also got DS Lite for the same price.

It is a good idea if you get it price matched. Thanks OP[/quote]

That's nice, but without an official ad to match, the chances of you getting rejected at BB or CC are even greater. So, this is still a huge YMMV.

[quote name='blazerb']Just bought 2 ds lites and 2 black controllers for the reduced price in Riverton Utah. They are in stock in the south valley.[/quote]

Is that the one on 12600 South? Were there any DS left?

[quote name='regis100']Is that the one on 12600 South? Were there any DS left?[/quote]

Yes, It was the location at 12600th. They still had stock when the wife left the store. Online says they still have stock.

CAll them

801-446-8833

[quote name='blazerb']Yes, It was the location at 12600th. They still had stock when the wife left the store.[/quote]

Thanks! Utah CAGs rule! :)

[quote name='ivanctorres']anyone try NYC? And if so where? I have a radio shack on Fulton street that I wanna check out.[/quote]

Check my post above...if you're talking about the one around the corner from J&R, I already checked. As far as I can tell, the sale is NOT in effect in NYC. Price checked a DS Lite, and came up $129.99. Just for kicks, I let the cashier go through every step (since sometimes the price adjustments don't happen until the very end), and just asked her to void it at the last minute.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Checked around Boston...still regular price.[/quote]

I checked on the north shore for any with 20gb 360's. I found a store near me that has 2, but the price is still $259.99.

[quote name='dragonjud']That's nice, but without an official ad to match, the chances of you getting rejected at BB or CC are even greater. So, this is still a huge YMMV.[/quote]

Well I purchased them from radioshack and showed them the receipts for the system.

[quote name='dragonjud']Check my post above...if you're talking about the one around the corner from J&R, I already checked. As far as I can tell, the sale is NOT in effect in NYC. Price checked a DS Lite, and came up $129.99. Just for kicks, I let the cashier go through every step (since sometimes the price adjustments don't happen until the very end), and just asked her to void it at the last minute.[/QUOTE]

Thx

I posted from my treo this am. The Radio Shack I went to in Nebraska did indeed have both the ps2 and multiple skus of the ds lite on sale as the OP stated. The black DS sku, the white DS Sku, the crimison ds sku, and the one I bought which was the black and blue one. She also checked the black PS2 and it was on sale. Go to the website and get the sku and have them check the price from that. Also on her screen it listed normal price and below that the sale price so maybe so clerks weren't paying attention. FWIW my store did NOT have the signage up and the cute little asian Igirl seemed surprised by the price and was going to get one for herself. I didn't check the 360

No luck here in chicago, but the wired xbox 360 "controller for windows" is on clearance for $19.97. I grabbed one today and there were 2 more on the shelf. Pretty good deal for an official MS xbox 360 controller.

dunno if the prices are in effect but a Radioshack near me supposedly has some DS Lite's in stock according to their website

where can I find this coupon though?

edit: just saw, thanks torifile :)

Stopped by two more this evening and neither are running the mentioned sale. Definitely YMMV...which is strange considering the number of people saying these deals are ongoing in their area.

I vowed to never go in radio shack again after I bought their brand soldering iron, which they still sell, but they do not sell a tip for it.

But anyway, since my wife wants a DS badly I went in there last night. The only girl there said she never heard of a dual screen. She spent about 10 minutes looking it up and said it was 129.99.

I called the store across town and he said they were sold out and they were not on sale but he'd check. He came back to the phone and said they were on sale for 97.99 and he'd call around to see if he could find a crimson and black one for me. Sure enough he called back in 10 minutes and said it would be there in 2-3 days.

Not bad for CS for radioshack.

I don't understand why some stores in the same area have the sale prices and some don't. Are some just being slow updating their prices?

[quote name='sharpedge']I don't understand why some stores in the same area have the sale prices and some don't. Are some just being slow updating their prices?[/quote]

Well this deal is from 9/16 to 9/30. Thats a good two weeks, so hopefully within that time period the stores not updated might have it later.

a great deal here, 30 off with no coupon to worry about, for 2 solid weeks, I"m betting that they will be OOS before then.

I should check out the local one here.

I REALLY want a pink one for the wife but I doubt she'll let me get away with spending 100 on it.

looking for a used one that's 109, and looking for a big DS and that's like 89...

decisions...

So what if I find a store that has stock but not the new price, is it worth buying now and trying to price adjust later?

I guess the other option might be to find a store with the sale price and no stock, and have them source it from another store that I know has stock.

Bought the last messenger kit at a local RS. Was $10 off when scanned, full price on the shelf. Did not see any DS or 360 units.

A lot of times the sales associates can be dumb. The Price Lookup has two numbers, the regular price, and the sale price. The sale price is not right in your face, the regular price is. You have to actually look to see the sale price (if it is indeed on sale).

Called my local Radio Shacks and stopped in at a couple of them (Durham, NC). At one particular location, employees gave completely different stories. One employee not only insisted that there was no sale on DS's or PS2's, but that they haven't carried them in months. Upon speaking with another employee, not only did they carry them in stock, but they were on sale for $97.99. The Radio Shack website confirmed that they did indeed have DS's and PS2's in stock. Ultimately, I had BestBuy pricematch on both a DS lite and a PS2. I also picked up a couple of DS batteries for $3.49!

For me, I was just polite with the customer service team at BestBuy. I reminded them of how incompetent the employees at Radio Shack are. I showed them on the Radio Shack website which stores in my area had the items in stock. The manager himself did the pricematch for me. Politeness (plus insulting the competition) goes a long way toward getting what you would like!

Printed the coupon and paid my local RS a visit. Thanks to whoever posted that coupon. He looked it over, didn't see any discrepancies, so he accepted it without a problem. Total, tax and all was $96 and change.

All my Montgomery and Prattville RS locations indicated that the cobalt blue was not a part of this offer, and the only DS that was under this was the Red/Black mixed Lite unit. I didn't care personally, since I just wanted the lite in general.

As for Customer Service, Prattville indicated they didn't have any of the ones on sale in stock, One store in Montgomery hung up on me twice and were then "busy" and the store I bought it from was quite friendly and knowledgeable of the sale price and even held onto it for me even though I never committed to come by right away. He was also able to accept the printed coupon I brought into the store to pretty much axe the tax off of the final price.(Stupid Montgomery and its 10% tax.....even worse, Stupid Prattville for being stupid and forcing me into buying in Montgomery, those stupid-heads)

I'm not sure how great of a deal this is, but i see the price for a 360 wired controller is $29.97

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&origkw=xbox+360+controller&parentPage=search

Plus it seems that GTA IV is now reflecting the $44.97 price given at the beginning of this thread.

PS3
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&origkw=grand+theft+auto+IV&parentPage=search

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&origkw=grand+theft+auto+IV&parentPage=search

Note: I checked all of the pricing on the other items mentioned online, and no others are reflecting the "sale" price.

Thanks for the info OP, picked up the last 360 pro for 224.99 at Radioshack in Sanford N.C. They had the PS2's and games on sale but I didnt see any Ds lites in stock.

[quote name='maiku']Picked up the wired 360 controller for Windows...$14.97.[/QUOTE]
Is this different from the one listed on the site for 29.97? I'm trying to find the Windows version, but can't. Can you post any sort of number from your receipt?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is this different from the one listed on the site for 29.97? I'm trying to find the Windows version, but can't. Can you post any sort of number from your receipt?[/quote]

Yeah that would be very helpful.

It's essentially the same controller, only the packaging differs (references it as a "For Windows" controller).

I am contemplating picking up Professor Layton. It's 19.97. Decent coupled with the coupon... wish I could find a store with two in stock to have one to give to a friend for 15 bucks, but I can't.

bread's done
Back