Updated: X-Men Arcade-$9.99 Dec 14/15 psn and xbla.

Played through on the PS3 version, beat the game 2 times on Expert and Normal, USA and JP versions.

-Voices are terrible, and have different voice actors than the arcade
-Nice to see they kept the same music as the arcade
-Online seemed somewhat laggy, but playable
-Achievements/Trophies are pretty easy - I got half of them in one play. Many of them are dependent on playing 6 player games
-Online is kind of boring because people just spam mutant powers constantly
-4Player with larger screen seems to be constantly swarmed by enemies

I'm having trouble getting the pill trophy in the JP version. I haven't run into any enemies that drop one. Anybody else having any luck with this?

[quote name='2DMention']Played through on the PS3 version, beat the game 2 times on Expert and Normal, USA and JP versions.

-Voices are terrible, and have different voice actors than the arcade
-Nice to see they kept the same music as the arcade
-Online seemed somewhat laggy, but playable
-Achievements/Trophies are pretty easy - I got half of them in one play. Many of them are dependent on playing 6 player games
-Online is kind of boring because people just spam mutant powers constantly
-4Player with larger screen seems to be constantly swarmed by enemies

I'm having trouble getting the pill trophy in the JP version. I haven't run into any enemies that drop one. Anybody else having any luck with this?[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured out the pill trophy in the JP version. I wanted to know the same thing. I've played it online and I didn't run into much lag. It was extremely minor and just at certain times.

I've already got all the Trophies,but 2. One did glitch though and it shouldn't have gave it to me.

Only ones I need is the pill trophy and beat it under 25 mins.

[quote name='Rodimus']I've waited over 15 years to own this game on a console. $10 is chump change.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

Plus there's the whole, "If this sells well, me might get more brawlers from the past" hope.

blah, that sucks that the voices are different. Colussus's scream was one of those distinctive noises that I'd hear constantly at the arcade, whether I was even playing X-Men or not. If I'm gonna buy a game like this, I dont' want my precious nostalgia to be compromised dammit!! What about the rest of the music and SFX?

[quote name='BustaUppa']blah, that sucks that the voices are different. Colussus's scream was one of those distinctive noises that I'd hear constantly at the arcade, whether I was even playing X-Men or not. If I'm gonna buy a game like this, I dont' want my precious nostalgia to be compromised dammit!! What about the rest of the music and SFX?[/QUOTE]

Music and SFX are exactly like the original.

The voices are still good, but they're not original.
I think they couldn't license the voices from the cartoon which it's based.

I think the only way to beat it under 25 min. Is to go beginning to end online with 6 players or locally with 6 players. It takes me 39 minutes to beat it single player.

[quote name='2DMention']Music and SFX are exactly like the original.

The voices are still good, but they're not original.
I think they couldn't license the voices from the cartoon which it's based.

I think the only way to beat it under 25 min. Is to go beginning to end online with 6 players or locally with 6 players. It takes me 39 minutes to beat it single player.[/QUOTE] I beat it under 25 today on Japanese Normal, it was pretty easy. Just have another player with you and spam powers.

[quote name='jman619']I haven't figured out the pill trophy in the JP version. I wanted to know the same thing. I've played it online and I didn't run into much lag. It was extremely minor and just at certain times.

I've already got all the Trophies,but 2. One did glitch though and it shouldn't have gave it to me.

Only ones I need is the pill trophy and beat it under 25 mins.[/QUOTE]
For the pill trophy have a second player with you and spam powers whenever a wave of enemies come at you, that's how I got it atleast.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I beat it under 25 today on Japanese Normal, it was pretty easy. Just have another player with you and spam powers.

For the pill trophy have a second player with you and spam powers whenever a wave of enemies come at you, that's how I got it atleast.[/QUOTE]

Wow that actually worked. I just got it. Only one left is to beat it within 25 mins. :lol:

[quote name='jman619']I just beat it within 25 mins by myself. I got all now sadly. :lol:[/QUOTE]

How did you manage that? Spam powers?

Here's my tiers for the characters
A - Best
B- Good
C - Poor

Character //N. Attack //J. Attack //MP// Comment
1. Storm A A B Top Tier Character. Normal attack has lots of reach. Jump attack has priority. MP clears alot of enemies, but only in front of you.

2. Nightcrawler A A B 2nd best. Fast character with good normal and jump attacks. MP is inconsistent.

3. Wolverine B B B In the middle of the pack is Wolvie. Middle of the road character

4. Dazzler B B A Average attacks. Great wide area MP.

5. Cyclops C B B Another average character. Terrible reach for normal attacks.

6. Colosis C C A The worst of the pack, with weak reach and jump attack. Best MP in the game though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']How did you manage that? Spam powers?

Here's my tiers for the characters
A - Best
B- Good
C - Poor

1. Storm A A B Top Tier Character. Normal attack has lots of reach. Jump attack has priority. MP clears alot of enemies, but only in front of you.

2. Nightcrawler A A B 2nd best. Fast character with good normal and jump attacks. MP is inconsistent.

3. Wolverine B B B In the middle of the pack is Wolvie. Middle of the road character

6. Colosis C C A The worst of the pack, with weak reach and jump attack. Best MP in the game though.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Spam powers FTW! It was quite easy. I played it by myself to get it. I used Colosis.

[quote name='2DMention']

6. Colosis C C A The worst of the pack, with weak reach and jump attack. Best MP in the game though.[/QUOTE]

Always thought Wolverine's laser was the best power, it seemed to have a bigger spread and actually goes through enemies. It also has the benefit of almost going across the whole stage.

Cyclops' power seems similar, but the blast hits an enemy and explodes. Pretty good if you can bunch em up, but Wolverine is easier to use.

Can't say I ever played Storm, but I'd rank Cyclops dead last as least effective.

[quote name='Rodimus']So what's the easiest way to beat the game in under 25 minutes?[/QUOTE]

I had a friend and myself go at it alone till everyone decided to join right before we "fell into the pit". Had colossus spam his powers and us do the same. Beat it real fast. Also play on Normal.

All I need is beat the game with all characters which I'll do over the next few days. Pretty easy achievements which is sorta disappointing. I still like TMNT arcade the best even if the achievements are still glitched lol.

Just a note to people who are trying to cheat level selecting by fighting magneto for the beat it with all 6 players achievement, you have to play with each of all 6 characters from beginning to end (I think)

[quote name='2DMention']Just a note to people who are trying to cheat level selecting by fighting magneto for the beat it with all 6 players achievement, you have to play with each of all 6 characters from beginning to end (I think)[/QUOTE]

No you don't. I got the achievement by cheating and skipping to the last level.

Got the 25 minute achievement playing the Japanese version. Everyone kept spamming their powers since it takes life then die on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']I got it, I should be on later tonight if you want to play.[/QUOTE]

yeah I should be on after I get the kids in bed.

[quote name='Rodimus']Actually I may have to take a raincheck on playing X-Men tonight. I promised my brother we'd play Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I'm usually better on Fri/Sat night anyway. :D

[quote name='Rodimus']How does "Nothing moves the Blob" & Colossus' "ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH" sound?[/QUOTE]

I believe the Blob's been changed, but I can tell you that Colossus' call hasn't.

I can't get the stupid Master of Magnetism achievement to pop.

I beat the entire game with Cyclops (single player) and Wolverine (online multi and offline multi), then went back to Stage 8 AND Stage 7 and beat it again with every charcter. Nothing.

Also after I beat him I never get a "Saving" unless I went through the entire game, so no clue.

I got the Master of Magnetism trophy by doing the last two levels online with every different character, can't get the Mystique trophy to pop, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got the Master of Magnetism trophy by doing the last two levels online with every different character, can't get the Mystique trophy to pop, though.[/QUOTE]

Did you do them with other people and did you have to be the one to kill Magneto?

I got Mystique by joing a 6 player game on Level 1 and it just popped when we go there. (just searched a Custom game)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Did you do them with other people and did you have to be the one to kill Magneto?

I got Mystique by joing a 6 player game on Level 1 and it just popped when we go there. (just searched a Custom game)[/QUOTE]
I don't think I ever was the one to kill him, but yes, I played with a full other 5 players.

I was doing the same with Mystique but it just won't pop for me for some reason. I must've played 5 or 6 times.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I can't get the stupid Master of Magnetism achievement to pop.

I beat the entire game with Cyclops (single player) and Wolverine (online multi and offline multi), then went back to Stage 8 AND Stage 7 and beat it again with every charcter. Nothing.

Also after I beat him I never get a "Saving" unless I went through the entire game, so no clue.[/QUOTE]

I saw you were having problems with this last night. I'm not sure exactly how I got the achievement to pop but I know I didn't play the game from beginning to end 6 times. Maybe try doing it online instead of by yourself?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't think I ever was the one to kill him, but yes, I played with a full other 5 players.

I was doing the same with Mystique but it just won't pop for me for some reason. I must've played 5 or 6 times.[/QUOTE]

It came up for me when I was the host. Not really sure that matters,but that is how I got it.

I was player 3 with Wolverine when Mystique popped. I played from Level 1.

When I joined on the level with Mystique, didn't pop. When i joined the level before her trap, and played to her, still didn't pop.

Not sure what triggers these things.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I was player 3 with Wolverine when Mystique popped. I played from Level 1.

When I joined on the level with Mystique, didn't pop. When i joined the level before her trap, and played to her, still didn't pop.

Not sure what triggers these things.[/QUOTE]

Me either. Seems like that one doesn't work exactly right. It randomly came up for me. When I played it a couple of times before.

Played online with 5 other people and got the pill trophy, but got to mystique and it didn't pop. Maybe you have to play from lvl 1 on? I'm not gonna worry about that one.

bread's done
Back