Upgrading to God of War Collection? (Original PS2 Games vs. PS3 port)

skateraXVIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
I recently got both God of War 1 & 2 and was wondering whether it was worth the money to upgrade to the PS3 God of War Collection.

On one hand I would be paying for the same game(s) twice. But on the other hand the graphics would be improved.

Is it worth paying ~$40 for a game I already have?

I own both God of War 1 and 2 original PS2 games and I have to say the God of War Collection is worth it. The frame rate is rock solid and both games look amazing (especially GOW 2). Maybe its the rock solid frame rate but the gameplay seems smoother than before. The only thing and this has been mentioned in reviews is that the cut scenes were not redone in high-res which makes them look slightly out of place. If you care about trophies, both games have them.

I personally think that it's worth it. Don't forget that you also get a better frame rate to go along with the upgraded graphics, and it's only $40 new.

Yes. I had both the originals back in the day and picked up the collecion yesterday. Honestly its like playing it for the first time all over again. The game runs at 60 gps and looks amazing (aside from the un-upgraded game engine rendered cut scenes). Also, it's not a "port" that actually went through and upgraded all the graphics, textures, etc to HD. The game looks better then ALOT of new games out there.

Yes. One of the best series ever made. Graphics are very nice, everything is smooth and crisp. Don't expect resident evil to REmake upgrade though. Like NJMane said it looks better than some new games that have come out.

Just enjoy the game anyway you can, and remember the story, so that you're ready this March. I barely recommend any games to my friends, but if I could I would have everyone of them play it.

I don't consider myself to be all about graphics but when I tried to play God of War 1 on my ps2 via component on my lcd it was pretty nasty, but playing these games on my ps3 is amazing. These games truly look like new releases except for the cutscenes that aren't movies. Those still look nasty but it doesn't really matter.

[quote name='PaulDE01']I own both God of War 1 and 2 original PS2 games and I have to say the God of War Collection is worth it. The frame rate is rock solid and both games look amazing (especially GOW 2). Maybe its the rock solid frame rate but the gameplay seems smoother than before. The only thing and this has been mentioned in reviews is that the cut scenes were not redone in high-res which makes them look slightly out of place. If you care about trophies, both games have them.[/QUOTE]

lol?
$40 waste?
lol?

If you're a trophy and graphics whore(or if you don't have a PS2 anymore and have a ton of cheap credit to blow through like I did), then yes, it's worth upgrading to the GOW Collection.

Otherwise, you should just save yourself some money/credit and stick with the PS2 versions. I like that they got rid of the screen tearing that was present in the PS2 versions, but if not for having a shitton of cheap GS credit, I would've NEVER rebought these games that I already beat numerous times before just due to 'zomg HD' and cheesemints/trophies.

bread's done
Back