Used Dead Space 2 @ GameStop $42.99 for XB360/PS3 (SOLD OUT NOW)

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Why are people so UNBELIEVABLY STUPID?...[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing when I read the OP.

[quote name='starks']Pretty much. This is one of the most useless threads on CAG yet.[/QUOTE]

Do you know of a website or store that's going to have a game that just came out for only $43? I didn't think so.

If you don't care about the deal, then don't click on it. Some of us are actually looking to save some money. If all you're going to do is complain about it, then don't say anything, and just move on to something else.

if you have the collectors edition code i will trade you any of the following:
Looking for the Zeolot Suit and Gun Code from Collectors Edition have many codes to trade for:

Fable 3 Channeller Swrods and Tattoo Set
Dead Space Ignition
Crackdown 2 Colors (Not DLC)
Dead Rising: Case West Arcade Game
Two Worlds II: Sword Code
Two Worlds II: Extra Level Code
Possibly X-Men Arcade Code
Fable 3: Potions and Dog and Tattoo Code
Dead Space: Ignition Code

PS3
Splatterhouse Codes (Not availavle for DLC)

Message me via Xbox Live: GT: TheDarkBean

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Why are people so UNBELIEVABLY STUPID?

I have ACKNOWLEDGED the fact that it is OUT OF STOCK. Dead Space 2 is (for the most part) a single player game. People will beat it, and trade it in. I've already known someone who has traded it.

This is something to KEEP AN EYE ON. If you don't like it, then don't post.[/QUOTE]
tumblr_lda0pvw1lR1qd22c5.gif

Some of us are actually looking to save some money. If all you're going to do is complain about it, then don't say anything, and just move on to something else.

If people could only post if they had something positive to say, then you'd never really learn about what to post and what not to post because, by your measure, noting that this isn't really a deal is a complaint. I understand that you are trying to justify this by noting its a short SP game and it'll probably show in stock soon, but people come here looking for LIVE deals, not potential deals down the line, whether that may be sooner or later. Maybe instead of rallying against 99% of the posters here you can just list this when the game shows as in-stock?

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Do you know of a website or store that's going to have a game that just came out for only $43? I didn't think so.

If you don't care about the deal, then don't click on it. Some of us are actually looking to save some money. If all you're going to do is complain about it, then don't say anything, and just move on to something else.[/QUOTE]

It's merely a place holder until they actually receive some damaged copies in the store that are then sent to distribution to be "repaired" and then sold on the site. So yes they will offer them on the website eventually. Gamestop, the vast majority of the time, will list a preowned link on the website for in-store tracking purposes the day the game is released. So the presence of the link on the website doesn't mean that they have received the game in and then sold out of it. All the link means is that they will receive it at some point it's just not available yet. Currently unavailable does not necessarily mean sold out because you can't be sold out of a product that you haven't offered for sale yet. Also the in-store price of Dead Space II is 47.99.

For example Two Worlds II and Lord of Arcana which released the same day as Dead Space 2 are also listed on Gamestop.com as currently unavailable.

The point of this is while it is a nice gesture to point out that there is a link to it on Gamestops website it really serves no purpose until there is something to buy.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Do you know of a website or store that's going to have a game that just came out for only $43? I didn't think so.
[/QUOTE]
I don't and neither do you, because GS does not have it for this price.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']If people could only post if they had something positive to say, then you'd never really learn about what to post and what not to post because, by your measure, noting that this isn't really a deal is a complaint. I understand that you are trying to justify this by noting its a short SP game and it'll probably show in stock soon, but people come here looking for LIVE deals, not potential deals down the line, whether that may be sooner or later. Maybe instead of rallying against 99% of the posters here you can just list this when the game shows as in-stock?[/QUOTE]

There's a simple reason why I decided to post this.

People often have a tendency to buy things when they first come out because of the hype. They buy it at MSRP, and often don't care. Lots of times, within the next weeks, retailers will have it on sale. Those who originally bought it might think (which, I've seen many of these people) "Damn, I bought this a few days ago, and it was $20 more." If they can see that it will be on sale for almost $20 cheaper, then they might wait to buy it, rather than being impulsive.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Mods, PLEASE put this thread out of its misery...[/QUOTE]
why should they? the OP is posting a good deal for those who can get their hands on a used copy of the game, same thing happened to me with assassins creed brotherhood, i bought the game used the day after release for $44.99 and all thanks to a similar thread

For those who have the money to spend, I believe Kmart has the better deal right now. $90 + tax for LBP2/ME2, Dead Space 2 and a $20 point card. I ended up selling Mass Effect 2 for $50, and the Dragon Age armor code for $15.

So basically I got a new copy Dead Space 2 and a $20 PSN card for $35 + tax.

[quote name='confoosious']There's a better chance of me winning 59.99 in the lottery than finding this used at gamestop[/QUOTE]

There was one used at my store on Wednesday. The day after it came out.

There's one within a 100 miles of me as well but this thread is useless. Unless this game is actually available at this price there is no reason for it to be posted as a "deal". There is no deal to be had here and there never was.

Watch, when this does eventually come in stock they will raise the price.

The online portion of the game is actually fun.

I wouldn't consider this a single player only game. I got the PS3 LE version for Extraction over the 360 regular version.

I usually buy multi platform games on 360. The netcode for the multiplayer is solid so far.

bread's done
Back