Verizon Droid Eris - Brand New

[quote name='royce321']is it unlocked?[/QUOTE]

Verizon phones can't be "unlocked" because they have no SIM card.

The Eris is a great phone. I like it much more than the Moto Droid.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Verizon phones can't be "unlocked" because they have no SIM card.

The Eris is a great phone. I like it much more than the Moto Droid.[/QUOTE]

What he said!

[quote name='saturnotaku']Verizon phones can't be "unlocked" because they have no SIM card.

Unlocked can also mean "removed from a contract", right?

already have an email saying he will not pay for the item...was a bidding mistake...

ebay needs to bring back the old feedback system...no ways to leave a negative for people wasting my fucking time.

they make diff versions of the phones unlocked(and yes, some phones actually do have SIM cards, the Blackberrys are actually just prebuilt inside)
for example, the Motorola Milestone, its a Motorola Droid but GSM Unlocked so it can actually go to a AT&T plan or w/e its supported just you have to use the AT&T GPS system instead of Google Maps, which i couldnt give 2 deuces about

[quote name='Elite Bushido™']they make diff versions of the phones unlocked(and yes, some phones actually do have SIM cards, the Blackberrys are actually just prebuilt inside)
for example, the Motorola Milestone, its a Motorola Droid but GSM Unlocked so it can actually go to a AT&T plan or w/e its supported just you have to use the AT&T GPS system instead of Google Maps, which i couldnt give 2 deuces about[/QUOTE]

The Milestone isn't sold in the US. Our version of the Droid has no SIM card slot. You can't buy a phone designed for the Verizon network and unlock it to use on AT&T or T-Mobile. That's the point I was making. If you want to import a Droid to use here, that's your prerogative.

Verizon uses CDMA channels, not GSM so there's not gonna be much demand to unlock Verizon models unless another carrier stateside arises that also uses CDMA over GSM.

[quote name='saturnotaku']The Milestone isn't sold in the US. Our version of the Droid has no SIM card slot. You can't buy a phone designed for the Verizon network and unlock it to use on AT&T or T-Mobile. That's the point I was making. If you want to import a Droid to use here, that's your prerogative.[/QUOTE]
also sold in Canada

Can't you require bidders to have over a certain feedback rating?

Also, if Verizon phones have no SIM card, how do you apply your own number to a phone like this? Do you have to go to the Verizon store or call them with the serial number or something?

bread's done
Back