VG Ads: Jan 29-Feb 4 (CCbbTar) AC:WW & TSGolf < $26ea -XB B2G1- FarCry $15 - HL2 $28

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Circuit
iconcircuitcity.gif
City
iconcircuitcity.gif

iconps2_r2.gif

$149.99
System w/ FREE Jampack

$49.99
Socom 3

$39.99
NBA 06
Ape Escape 3
Shadow of the Colossus
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie

$27.99
King Kong
Battlefield 2: MC

$14.99
USB Headset
Getaway, The: Black Monday

$9.99
Pelican Wireless Chameleon Controller

iconxbox_r2.gif

$27.99
King Kong
Battlefield 2: MC
Half-Life 2

$14.99
Far Cry: Instincts

iconpsp_r2.gif

$249.99
System

$74.99
SanDisk 1GB Memory Card PRO Duo

$49.99
GTA: LCS
Smackdown vs Raw 06
Need for Speed: MW

$39.99
Kingdom of Pardise

icongbasp_r1.gif

$14.99
Kong

iconpcwin.gif

$39.99
Age of Empires III
Star Wars: Battlefront II

$19.99
Sims 2, The: Nightlife

iconbestbuy.gif
Best
iconbestbuy.gif
Buy
iconbestbuy.gif

Thanks goes to FatBoyInside (CAG) & speedy1961 (DVDtalk) for the BB Ad

iconps2_r2.gif

$29.99
Prince of Persia Two Thrones
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconxbox_r2.gif

$29.99
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99 Buy 2, Get 3rd Free*
Conker: Reloaded*
Jade Empire*
HALO: Combat Evolved*
Fable: The Lost Chapters*
FORZA: Motorsport*
Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie*
Project Gotham 2*
Mech Assault 2: Limited Edition*

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconxbox360.gif

$59.99
Dead or Alive 4

$49.99
NHL 06
NBA 06

icongamecube.gif

$29.99
King Kong
Madden 06

$19.99
True Crime NYC
Gun

iconpcwin.gif

$39.99
Age of Empires III
Call of Duty 2
Civilization IV

$29.99
FEAR
RIX vs ATV: Track Edition
Madden NFL 2006

$14.99
Star Wars: Galaxies Starter Kit
Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon

icontarget.gif
Target
icontarget.gif

Thanks goes to Speedy 1961 at DVDtalk for the Target ad.

iconps2_r2.gif

$149.99
System w/ FREE Ford Racing 3 & Wireless Controller

$39.99
Ape Escape 3
Curious George w/ FREE Movie Ticket

$29.99
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

$27.77
Blitz the League
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF
Ed, Edd & Eddy

$22.88
Camo Controller
Pink Controller
64 MB Memory Card

iconxbox_r2.gif

$39.99
Curious George w/ FREE Movie Ticket

$29.99
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

$27.77
Blitz the League
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF

icongamecube.gif

$39.99
Curious George

$27.77
Call of Duty 2 BRO
Harry Potter &tGoF
Ed, Edd & Eddy

iconds.gif

$25.77
Animal Crossing WW
True Swing Golf

icongbasp_r1.gif

$25.77
Curious George

Vote for me, CAG Hero of the Year...Why? Why not?

wish i'd waited on gun, getting it for 15 after GGC would have been pretty sweet. getting it for 20 after coupon is still good though, so i suppose i'm all right. sucks that there aren't any good deals for the last week with the coupon, but i'll be damned if i don't use my last one for SOMETHING.

Looks like I am going to be picking up Conker, Fable, and either Jade Empire or Froza. Maybe True Crime and Gun if I'm feeling lucky, hahah. Thanks TSD.

i've heard gun is short but entertaining, so 15 bucks seems like a very good price for it. i own it, but having purchased around 14 games in the last couple months, it's near the back of my list at the moment ;)

[quote name='Shmitty']i've heard gun is short but entertaining, so 15 bucks seems like a very good price for it. i own it, but having purchased around 14 games in the last couple months, it's near the back of my list at the moment ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my price point as well. I rented it a while ago, I enjoyed the couple hours I put into it, so I think I will be partaking. My philosophy is, once you get under $20, if you want the game, get it, because the only better deals (outside of a buck or two difference) you will usually find is clearance down the road, and then you need some luck.

Gun is pretty tempting for $15 AC, but I might just have enough willpower to pass on both that and the b2g1. When I started reading the thread and saw the b2g1, I was psyched, but the only one of those I really really want is Fable (I have the original release, but have only played a little of it). I used to want Conker and Forza, but I'm over it, and I should be able to get Fable used for around the same price, or even less.

Thanks for posting the deals, TSD.

Thanks for the post TSD. Looks like I'll be picking up Forza, Conker & either Jade Empire or Fable. What is the major difference between the Jade Empire LE & the regular version and what would you guys recommend: Jade Empire or Fable: TLC?

[quote name='geepgal']So, Target's stock can be spotty. Will they do a price adjustment if i go ahead and buy this week, before the sale?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Target would, I suspect YMMV, but you could get what you want from BB or CC and have them adjust it, as their policies on matching/adjusting are more clearly defined. This assumes you have access to BB or CC, of course.

[quote name='guessed']I don't know if Target would, I suspect YMMV, but you could get what you want from BB or CC and have them adjust it, as their policies on matching/adjusting are more clearly defined. This assumes you have access to BB or CC, of course.[/QUOTE]

But if you go to BB, they'll call to see if it is in stock from the respective store. That's the shitty part about PM'ing at BB.

[quote name='Tyga24']Thanks for the post TSD. Looks like I'll be picking up Forza, Conker & either Jade Empire or Fable. What is the major difference between the Jade Empire LE & the regular version and what would you guys recommend: Jade Empire or Fable: TLC?[/QUOTE]

The only difference is an extra character for Jade Empire. The Monk which I never have played.

Have you already played Fable on Xbox? If so don't bother with TLC you have to start the game over.

If you have never played Fable however I would choose Fable TLC over Jade Empire.

[quote name='Indiana']The only difference is an extra character for Jade Empire. The Monk which I never have played.

Have you already played Fable on Xbox? If so don't bother with TLC you have to start the game over.

If you have never played Fable however I would choose Fable TLC over Jade Empire.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Indiana, I think I'm gonna pick up Fable:TLC. I haven't played either one but it seems like I can pick up Jade Empire LE used around me for $14.99 or less and I've heard some good things about Fable.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']PoP:TT wil be mine. Debated each time to get it at $20 AC but am definitely going to do it.[/QUOTE]

So you're fine paying $30 for it when you could have gotten it for $20 before? By the time this ad is out, the coupon will have expired.

[quote name='jjz203']"Shot through the heart, and you're too late, darling BestBuy gives love a bad name" :lol:
*sigh* How I hoped and hoped that SotC would drop $29.99 before the end of the beloved coupon. Oh well, I'm thinking a BB webmaster MUST lurk on CAG. Either that or BB realizes with the raping of the $10 coupon, they should keep the deals simple and on surplus games they want to push until the coupon dies? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

watch them have it on sale in the next ad, ahha

[quote name='crashpanda']So you're fine paying $30 for it when you could have gotten it for $20 before? By the time this ad is out, the coupon will have expired.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is good until the 31st of January. He has up to two days after this week's sales start to use it.

[quote name='crashpanda']So you're fine paying $30 for it when you could have gotten it for $20 before? By the time this ad is out, the coupon will have expired.[/QUOTE]

expiration date is the 31st...ad comes out the 29th

[quote name='CocheseUGA']But if you go to BB, they'll call to see if it is in stock from the respective store. That's the shitty part about PM'ing at BB.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Some BB employees call to check stock, just as some CC employees do. I generally find them less likely to call if you have already purchased the item in question, and are trying to get an adjustment (plus, at BB, that is the only way to get the extra 10% of the difference).

[quote name='guessed']YMMV. Some BB employees call to check stock, just as some CC employees do. I generally find them less likely to call if you have already purchased the item in question, and are trying to get an adjustment (plus, at BB, that is the only way to get the extra 10% of the difference).[/QUOTE]

I've never had a BB NOT call. But that's a good idea on buying it then coming back in about 10 minutes with the Target ad...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I've never had a BB NOT call. But that's a good idea on buying it then coming back in about 10 minutes with the Target ad...[/QUOTE]

PMing at BB is always incredibly easy for me. I just take the ad to the cashier along with the item, and they PM it no problem. I don't think it takes the 10% off automatically, but I have mentioned something to them before and they did take it off right there. I've never had to go to Customer Service or buy the item first and then get the price adjusted.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Animal Crossing........it devoured my free time on the GameCube......now it shall do the same......moreso in portable form.

Here's the scoop again for BestBuy's Ad on PC Games next week:

$14.99 EACH:

Star Wars: Galaxies Starter Kit
Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon

----------------------------------------------------------------

$29.99 EACH:

FEAR
RIX vs ATV: Track Edition
Madden NFL 2006

-----------------------------------------------------------------

$39.99 EACH:

Age of Empires III
Call of Duty 2
Civilization IV

(thx speedy1961 for the info.)

Looks like its time to pick up Gun, assuming I can find a GGC. Also might have to use the $10 off $30 coupon on Madden 06 and King Kong. Just over initial retail price of 1 game, for 3, now thats a good deal.

get FEAR for PC now with the coupon its going to be $19.99 after the $10 coupon if you use before end of January! $5 less then last time around!

[quote name='neudog']Are all the games listed in "magenta" B2G1 free?[/QUOTE]

don't get carried away now :lol:

only these are b2g1:

$19.99 Buy 2, Get 3rd Free*
Conker: Reloaded*
Jade Empire*
HALO: Combat Evolved*
Fable: The Lost Chapters*
FORZA: Motorsport*
Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie*
Project Gotham 2*
Mech Assault 2: Limited Edition*

i thought that on the bestbuy website, you could search up an item and click 'Select preferred store availability' to see if it's in stock. Or am i wrong?

FEAR for $20 A/C and Age of Empires III for $30 A/C.
Definetly going to pick up FEAR. Might be tempted to get AoE III also.
Thanks!

[quote name='DT778']If I buy animal crossing this week will Target do a price adjustment next week when the sale starts?[/QUOTE]

I've done it a bunch of time with no problems. I think the rule is within 30 days from purchase. You don't even need to bring the game back in, just the receipt. They scan it and pull up the new price and refund the difference.

[quote name='Gamecube Girl']i thought that on the bestbuy website, you could search up an item and click 'Select preferred store availability' to see if it's in stock. Or am i wrong?[/QUOTE]You're correct... though I wouldn't totally depend on it in terms of accuracy.

[quote name='akilshohen']the b2g1 is so tempting
and at this rate, true crime is gonna be $10 pretty soon[/QUOTE]

thats about the price I'm holding out for - I might break down and just buy it to see how bad it is

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']free shipping on orders over $25 :)[/QUOTE]

Now to look over the ad and site for something at the 10ish range. :rofl:

Edit: Well looks like a decent sized order to be made next Saturday. Some amazing dvd deals. This week could end up costing me $100.

bread's done
Back