Vinni Pukh - Russian version of Winnie the Pooh

Sure, since I grew up in Russia - one of the classic Russian cartoons. Voices were done by famous actors too and the script is very funny as well. The version you linked to, however, is dubbed into some language I don't know.

[quote name='pgpg']Sure, since I grew up in Russia - one of the classic Russian cartoons. Voices were done by famous actors too and the script is very funny as well. The version you linked to, however, is dubbed into some language I don't know.[/quote]

Thanks for the additional information. They should dub or subtitle Vinnie in English, I'm sure it would sell well. I found it to be superior to the Disneyfied version, I like how Vinnie is smarter and his schemes are more elaborate. The backgrounds are gorgeous and the characterization is excellent.

@Strell - I could pull a better cartoon out of my a-Hey Kids! I love that episode.

There are actually 3 Vinni-Pukh cartoons in total, I think you can find all of them on YouTube with English subtitles. Aahh, brings back the memories....

Come to think of it I now remember reading the A. Milne book too and was kind of bored by it. Never saw Disney version.

[quote name='pgpg']There are actually 3 Vinni-Pukh cartoons in total, I think you can find all of them on YouTube with English subtitles. Aahh, brings back the memories....

Come to think of it I now remember reading the A. Milne book too and was kind of bored by it. Never saw Disney version.[/quote]

IMO you didn't miss too much. The Disney version is aimed solely at kids, it can really only be enjoyed by kids or people who first watched it as kids. To put it kindly, Disney Winnie is slow, and when the episodes start to drag they are spiced up with exaggerated versions of his friends (the most annoying of which is Tigger).

I love the slapstick humor of Vinnie, after going to all that trouble to get the honey he gives you that deadpan look and you can instantly sympathize. The imagination is fantastic too, from the pastel background that looks like it was drawn by a child prodigy to the little touches of surreal humor like the way piglet blows himself full of air instead of the balloon.

bread's done
Back