Wal-Mart XBOX Games $5 Clearance ...B&M YMMV

DJ_Mo

CAG Veteran
The local Wal Mart here just announced certain XBOX games have been marked down to $5.00 for immediate clearance. There were about 50-80 games in a shopping cart near the electronics register. Here are some of the games I recall:

Need For Speed 2 Underground
Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition
Forza Motorsports
Unreal Championship 2
Project SnowBlind
KOF Max Impact
Pariah
Call Of Duty Medal Of Honor
The Incredibles
... plus more & various older sport titles

Sorry I don't have a huge list and this might be for certain Wal Marts only. And advance apologies if this already has been posted.

This would probably work better in regional posts according to where your WM is located. Walmart clearances are totally YMMV.

[quote name='Scorch']There's no way in hell mine would participate.

My local one still has Madden 05 on PSOne at 29.99.[/quote]

:whistle2:s:whistle2:s are you kidding me, that is outrageous.

Always YMMV BUT keep in mind its worth leaving out here for a day or two, maybe 3. Its worth the notice across the board for others to check Wm. If it got stashed in regional so quick why the f' would someone in Tx check the regional for Ny?

[quote name='Scorch']There's no way in hell mine would participate.

My local one still has Madden 05 on PSOne at 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it - My local WM has Eternal Darkness for the GC for $49.99!

You guys think you have it bad? My Wal Mart has fucking NBA Live 2001 - a PS2 launch game - for $49.99!

All these mentions of older games has me wishing some Walmarts would stock Dreamcast games. Id still plunk $29-39 per game depending on title. :cry:

[quote name='Rozz']You guys think you have it bad? My Wal Mart has fucking NBA Live 2001 - a PS2 launch game - for $49.99![/QUOTE]

... and amazingly WaMart is STILL the number one retailer in video game sales

[quote name='Rozz']You guys think you have it bad? My Wal Mart has fucking NBA Live 2001 - a PS2 launch game - for $49.99![/QUOTE]

No shit.. man, sucks to be your WM

Well you guys may complain about wal-mart's pricing, but it works both ways. They leave clearances and pricing mostly up to the local stores, so some may have extreme clearances, some may have no clue and never change prices. Just depends on the store.

It sucks because I've never gotten in on any of these deals either..

My wallmart has all sorts of Rednecks and carnies that come out at night. In the summer, they set up a Ferris Wheel out front and sell peanuts and popcorn to the mutants that come there past midnight.

The sad part is, I'm not making any of it up. I swear to god.

The closest Walmart to me has Mario Paint for the SNES for 29.99. :)

You sure it doesn't scan cheaper? Probably the sticker hasn't been updated.... it will probably ring up a lot cheaper... or might not even ring in their system at all.

My Wal*Mart(Dickson City, PA) had a massive bin of $20 and under games before Christmas, but I guess people thought the prices were SO good, the bin is now MIA and they only have a small section of games set up in the PC game aisle from all last gen consoles.

Usually, it's crap that hasn't moved a unit in YEARS, but they're still hoping to sell out the stock at the semi normal price(even as BB and TRU are clearing out these titles).

However, one game that may only be on clearance in NON-Supercenter Wal*Marts that was mentioned a while back was OKAMI, for $10.

Take that for what it is, a regional YMMV clearance of a fairly new game, but as someone else said, Walmart clearances usually ARE.

My local Wal-Mart (Edmond, OK) didn't have any $5 games but they had a bunch of Xbox games for $10. I picked up:

Tomb Raider Legend
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One Collectors Edition
Ninja Gaiden Black
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Forza
Project Gotham Racing 2
Major League Baseball 2K6
The Chronicles of Riddick

I went to another local Wal-Mart and they didn't have this deal so its another case of YMMV.

Picked up NFS: Carbon at a pawn shop for $8 a few weeks ago, but I'd kill for NFS: Most Wanted for $10.

Yea, my Walmart has stuff like Wave Race: Blue Storm, Geist and Bomberman Generations for $50. It's crazy.

My Walmart still has a new Otogi (the first one, for Xbox), at full retail price. I never understood why Walmart doesn't clearance the same titles across the nation :(

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']My Walmart still has a new Otogi (the first one, for Xbox), at full retail price. I never understood why Walmart doesn't clearance the same titles across the nation :([/quote]

My local Wal-Mart has Robocop, DISPLAYED IN THE GLASS CASE for 49.96.

Yea wallmarts are terrible. I've seen full priced N64 and PS1 titles sitting in the case. Titles like Madden 2000 for Playstation marked at $40.

[quote name='Dogpatch']The closest Walmart to me has Mario Paint for the SNES for 29.99. :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN! O_O

Mario Paint for SNES? That's over 10 years old and they still have it in stock, NEW?

I guess it is an extreme YMMV, considering I just bought an N64 Dexdrive (awesome tool!) at a local WalMart not too long ago for $1.00+ tax :) It was the last one they had.

bread's done
Back