Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KyleN']I called and they said it needs to have a UPC. Although for the Harry Potter set they tell you to send the case from the 1st disc--which doesn't have a UPC either.[/quote]
So, what if we send it in anyways? Same thing with the 5 Free from the MIR? You think they'll actually just send it back if it has a small gash through the UPC?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']So, what if we send it in anyways? Same thing with the 5 Free from the MIR? You think they'll actually just send it back if it has a small gash through the UPC?[/QUOTE]
Of the many HD DVDs I got from that, none of the Warners and I think the Paramounts and most of the Universals were slashed.

It would be nice to know what ones are better on HD. For all the ones that I have it will end up being $71.60 total.

Blade Runner: Complete Collector's Edition $14.95
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition $4.95
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special Edition $4.95
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset $9.95
Omega Man, The $4.95
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection $9.95
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The $14.95

I would then chances are just trash the discs and left over cases after checking to see what ones I have that are broke. I bought some that had the middle that holds the disc in come busted that I have yet to replace. I'm really tempted to do this for The Ultimate Matrix collection because I hate the dual discs and to get the Animatrix in 1080p.

For everyone wondering about Ultimate Matrix Collection from what I read on highdefdigest.com's forums you can get it if you also have the Complete Matrix Trilogy. Atleast that is what reps over the phone have told people. Also if you do not have the cover that was on the box just send the covers of all three movies.

I have not been told this by a rep but this is what people on hdd.com's forums are saying they have been told.

Unless you just have to have a blu copy of it, Blade Runner seems to be a very poor choice for an upgrade. $15 is a lot, considering you can buy the Blu for $25 new from Amazon. I've seen it cheaper there too.

[quote name='sendme']For everyone wondering about Ultimate Matrix Collection from what I read on highdefdigest.com's forums you can get it if you also have the Complete Matrix Trilogy. Atleast that is what reps over the phone have told people. Also if you do not have the cover that was on the box just send the covers of all three movies.

I have not been told this by a rep but this is what people on hdd.com's forums are saying they have been told.[/QUOTE]

If that's true I'll be all over that one. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if there were multiple versions of Planet Earth released on HD DVD, because I'm noticing mine doesn't have a UPC and has a different cover from the one on the Red to Blu site ... Anyone think it's worth the risk to send the cover in? I know 2 versions were released on DVD (the BBC vs. the Discovery Channel one) was this the case on HD DVD as well?

[quote name='metallicoholic']I was about to do this then I realized my HD-DVD player still works and that paying anything for the exact same movie is a rip-off.[/quote]

Unless, you got s sh!t ton of $4 & 5 dollar HD-DVDs at Kroger, have two :BR: players, and only one HD-DVD player.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Unless, you got s sh!t ton of $4 & 5 dollar HD-DVDs at Kroger, have two :BR: players, and only one HD-DVD player.[/quote]

Those were all Universal titles I believe

I only have

License To Wed
March of The Penguins
TMNT
Batman Begins
Harry Potter Gift Set

I would have the matrix but I threw that damn cover slip thing away, damnit (edit: hopefully someone will confirm the three cover thing)

I wonder if these upgrades are worth it

[quote name='sendme']For everyone wondering about Ultimate Matrix Collection from what I read on highdefdigest.com's forums you can get it if you also have the Complete Matrix Trilogy. Atleast that is what reps over the phone have told people. Also if you do not have the cover that was on the box just send the covers of all three movies.

I have not been told this by a rep but this is what people on hdd.com's forums are saying they have been told.[/quote]

Just going to ask if anyone has heard anything about the Ultimate Collection. I don't have the outer slip. Guess I'll place the order and then call.

Damn, All my movies seem to be better on HD DVD or there's no change.. Why do they take away the "high-def extras" on the blu rays

Edit: Sorry meant to edit my other post

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Just going to ask if anyone has heard anything about the Ultimate Collection. I don't have the outer slip. Guess I'll place the order and then call.[/quote]When you talk with them about it, post it in here, since I'm in the same boat as you. Never though that damned outer slip is something I'd need again in the future. :wall:

[quote name='shrike4242']When you talk with them about it, post it in here, since I'm in the same boat as you. Never though that damned outer slip is something I'd need again in the future. :wall:[/quote]

I just read over on highdefdigest that someone called and the rep told them they were trying to work something out, and to give them a few days

Hmm interesting. Might bite on it. Would work out to $6.15/title for 10 titles (9 movies & Planet Earth).

I saw this offer from the HD-DVD thread. This is what I got so far:

Batman Begins
Constantine
The Departed
Smallville Season 6

I might drop by Burlington's and Fry's to see if they got any cheap WB HD-DVDs left so I can add to the list.

I bought some cheap HD DVDs from inetvideo. Some of them have French wording and/or Canadian rating. I wonder if they will qualify for this offer.

I have not been told this by a rep but this is what people on hdd.com's forums are saying they have been told.[/quote]

I was going to try it anyways...worse that can happen I lose out on the paper slip with the UPC code and they refund me some cash.

i recently picked up a lot of hd dvds and an xbox player on craigslist. havent really had the time to look through the movies but it is literally a garbage bag full. the only one i know of in there is the harry potter box set complete and mint. this might make me look faster.

Are these full-fledged brand new Blu-ray titles in their cases with cover art? As opposed to when you get DVDs from cereal mail-ins and get just the disc in a crappy sleeve?

Batman Begins $4.95
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary Special Edition $4.95
Blood Diamond $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition $4.95
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition $4.95
Galapagos (BBC) $4.95
Goodfellas $4.95
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix $4.95
Shining, The: Special Edition $4.95
Syriana $4.95
Unforgiven: Special Edition $4.95
300 $4.95

My total comes to over 100 bucks. fuck that, these movies work fine and unless the other movie studios jump into this idea it's kinda pointless to me because I can't get rid of ALL my HD-DVD's. I think I am only going to do Batman Begins and Planet Earth just so I can have both in 1080p and because my Planet Earth skips on my Blu-ray player.

The only ones I'm gonna consider are the ones that I couldn't care less to watch (the free Warner ones) and the ones that aren't the combos.

Guys - about the Planet Earth set - it HAS to be the BBC version - WB is the US distributor of BBC films. The Discovery version was primarily sold through the Discovery Store (and Amazon), and WB did not distribute or sell that version here...hope this helps!

I'm sending off my:
Departed (purchased on clearance @ Hollywood Video)
Pan's Labyrinth (just wanted the BR version also)
TMNT (purchased B2G1 on Warner site along time ago)
Training Day (came FREE with HD-DVD player...mail off)
300 (purchased B2G1 on Warner site along time ago)
Batman Begins (purchased B2G1 on Warner site along time ago)
Blood Diamond (came FREE with HD-DVD player...mail off)
Constantine (came FREE with HD-DVD player...mail off)

I don't have the heart to send off my Blade Runner, since it has a foil cover. That would be difficult to reprint.

[quote name='Gorge']Batman Begins $4.95
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary Special Edition $4.95
Blood Diamond $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition $4.95
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition $4.95
Galapagos (BBC) $4.95
Goodfellas $4.95
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix $4.95
Shining, The: Special Edition $4.95
Syriana $4.95
Unforgiven: Special Edition $4.95
300 $4.95

My total comes to over 100 bucks. fuck that, these movies work fine and unless the other movie studios jump into this idea it's kinda pointless to me because I can't get rid of ALL my HD-DVD's. I think I am only going to do Batman Begins and Planet Earth just so I can have both in 1080p and because my Planet Earth skips on my Blu-ray player.[/QUOTE]

So Batman Begins and Planet Earth on HD DVD are not 1080p?

This is freakin' great. I hope I can trade my Complete Matrix (scored from the old CC website glitch for 19.99) for Ultimate Matrix. Besides that, I'll be trading Planet Earth and a handful of others... almost clearing out my few remaining HD-DVDs. If only they'd done this a few months ago when I dumped a bunch for cheap :(

Still, thanks WB, that's fantastic customer service.

Does Anyone Know, Do You Get A Full Blu-ray Set With Blue Case/artwork Or Do You Get The Disc And You Put It In Your Old Hd Case, In A Piece Of Crap Case

[quote name='MrDubbs']If I send my Harry Potter book from the Special Edition, would I get the SE trunk for the blu ray or just the discs do you think?

I kind of want to upgrade, but I'd rather have the individual cases[/QUOTE]
I looked it up, and apparently that same "trunk" box set was released in Blu Ray as well, so most likely they will send you the very same set. There is no reason to think they would send you the individual movies in individual cases. If that were the case, I would do it. I have the HD DVD box set, and it's retarded.
See the photo is it here (however it's not in stock)
http://www.amazon.com/Limited-Sorcerers-Chamber-Secrets-Prisoner/dp/B000W45C70
Here is wbshops listing for it (and it is in stock)
http://www.wbshop.com/Harry-Potter-1-5-Limited-Edition-Giftset-+BD/1000025875,default,pd.html?cgid=

[quote name='tkidsterj']Can anyone explain exactly what I need to do for the Harry Potter Box set? It says just send in the box for the first Harry Potter... Does that mean they will send me the rest of the movies along with their proper cases?[/QUOTE]
WB is not asking for us to send back the actual discs, so they clearly don't care that we keep them. When they say "Send the case" they mean send that weird case that's not really a case. They just want proof that we owned it. They don't seem to care that we're all probably going to turn around the sell the HD DVD as "disc only" on ebay.

Edit: I just emailed them and asked if we'll get the box set or the individual retail movies. I'll update when I hear back.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was going to try it anyways...worse that can happen I lose out on the paper slip with the UPC code and they refund me some cash.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking.

I think I'm going to trade in my Harry Potters and my Complete Matrix Trilogy for the Ultimate. I REALLY wish Blade Runner wasn't $15.

damn i don't know if i still have the paper cover glued to my matrix collection :/ the thing was barely glued on and falling off as it is when i got it

Looked over all of my WB :hd:s last night, and thankfully all of them have complete cover art, except I threw out the outer paper cover of Ultimate Matrix like any sane person would.

Luckily only 1 WB :hd: I have is unavailable on :br:.

----------------

munch: is that confirmed?

I'm surprised WB doesn't just have Ultimate collection owners send in the cover art of the 4th disc, as it also has UPC codes on it.

I just sold a bunch that I could have done this with..
Galapagos, Blade runner, Blue Planet, Dirty Dozen, Etc.

I still have my 5 harry potters, planet earth and a few others. It gets expensive though so I will only be doing it to the ones I am going to watch again or can sell.

If I can trade my complete matrix collection just using the 3 covers for the ultimate set, I am all over that. I'll also trade all my other HD DVDs for upgrades, I think I have like 12 others... I got them cheap, to me paying the 5 bucks is worth it to have all just one format, after this the only HD DVDs I would have left would be Anchorman, Half-Baked, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz

Blade Runner on the other hand, I can't really justify that unless I knew I could sell my HD DVD of it after the exchange. I'm not really going to look to sell all these, I'll just give them to my brother or my girlfriend's father.

[quote name='DestroVega']If I can trade my complete matrix collection just using the 3 covers for the ultimate set, I am all over that. I'll also trade all my other HD DVDs for upgrades, I think I have like 12 others... I got them cheap, to me paying the 5 bucks is worth it to have all just one format, after this the only HD DVDs I would have left would be Anchorman, Half-Baked, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz

Blade Runner on the other hand, I can't really justify that unless I knew I could sell my HD DVD of it after the exchange. I'm not really going to look to sell all these, I'll just give them to my brother or my girlfriend's father.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Blade Runner is worth it for $15.

Lucked out with all of my available HD-DVD's having intact UPC's, including the freebies I picked up from the HD-DVD promotion.

My Ultimate Matrix Collection is missing the paper slip, so I emailed them to see if I can send them the three cover art pieces in place of the paper slip.

If Casblanca's upgrade is the Ultimate Collection, that's worth it right there. Here's a listing of what it comes with, which is an added documentary DVD:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/923/casablanca_uce.html

bread's done
Back