Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='abhinav']Oh how i hate you lurknomore, for some reason i got the amazing idea to show my dad that picooz video off youtube and he wants one... I have to track down that stupid thing now... oh you sly bastard. This thing better be freaking sweet or i will be pissed.[/QUOTE]

They are friggin sweet. I have tracked them down locally for a $10 premium, a la $39.99. Being that it's Christmas and these helicopters are so much fun that I'm spending time away from my video games, I said what the heck. Do a Radio Shack search, and you'll find some. Remember, don't get the clones.

FYI, in case anyone needs a wiimote (I know they have been hard to find recently), the Best Buy in Springfield had a big pile of them on a shelf last night.

- Mike

Alright. TRU in Rockville, MD doesn't have any wiis in stock today, but will have 'em tomorrow. Funny thing is that I ran in to someone I know from highschool. We talked and he told that he'll probably be able to save me one, so hopefully, I'll be able to have some wii action tomorrow ^^

[quote name='lurknomore']They are friggin sweet. I have tracked them down locally for a $10 premium, a la $39.99. Being that it's Christmas and these helicopters are so much fun that I'm spending time away from my video games, I said what the heck. Do a Radio Shack search, and you'll find some. Remember, don't get the clones.[/quote]
RadioShack huh? Which one did you get yours at?

Is this it?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2431387&cp=2032062.2032402.2032406&allCount=39&fbn=Price%2F%2410.00+-+%2449.99&fbc=1&fr=StorePrice%2FRSK%2F00001000%2F00004999&parentPage=family

Says one in Rockville so if it is true i guess this wouldnt have been so bad.

[quote name='boozi']Alright. TRU in Rockville, MD doesn't have any wiis in stock today, but will have 'em tomorrow. Funny thing is that I ran to someone I know from highschool. We talked and he told that he'll probably be able to save me one, so hopefully, I'll be able to have some wii action tomorrow ^^[/quote]

Sweet, you damn better see my Mii!

[quote name='cleaver']Does anyone know which Best Buys have/are sold out of the hardcover Zelda guide?[/quote]

BB in Gaithersburg has 12 of Zelda TP CE left as of this post. Don't know how much longer they'll be around. I had the employee look them up in their inventory. Hope that helps

Rockville, Germantown, and Frederick are sold out on these. They don't know when they'll get any in stock.

Same with the GS/EB in Gaithersburg if you don't like being cheap :p

[quote name='jgamezcua']BB in Gaithersburg has 12 of Zelda TP CE left as of this post. Don't know how much longer they'll be around. I had the employee look them up in their inventory. Hope that helps

Rockville, Germantown, and Frederick are sold out on these. They don't know when they'll get any in stock.

Same with the GS/EB in Gaithersburg if you don't like being cheap :p[/quote]

I was just their and did not see any (picked up Viva Pinta for $20 :D) it might be in the back.

[quote name='abhinav']I was just their and did not see any (picked up Viva Pinta for $20 :D) it might be in the back.[/quote]

How did you get VP for $20. I just bought it with a GGC & it was $25. Looking for College Hoops 2K7 for $25 as well.

[quote name='thebob101']How did you get VP for $20. I just bought it with a GGC & it was $25. Looking for College Hoops 2K7 for $25 as well.[/quote]

I used that gamepro coupon and a reward zone one. i

I.... hate... campers.... so..... much........ @#%$%!%@ them #$@%@#%!@# UGH!%@#%! Anyways... My friend wasn't able to save me one 'cause there was a huge line before the store opened. He even told me that some fights broke out -_- GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS SHIT SUCKS @_@

FYI - BB in Gaithersburg and Germantown received 24 60GB PS3 each in this afternoon's shipment and are currently being sold.

I saw both shipments as of this post since I was out CAGing for other stuff.

Good luck for those looking for one for Xmas!

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *Trying to make an impression of George from Seinfeld* WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

[quote name='boozi']Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *Trying to make an impression of George from Seinfeld* WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII[/quote]

Poor poor boozi, loosing his wii loving mind. In other news, if your looking for the PS3, now is the time, many stores are getting them in stock! Poor poor Boozi.

[quote name='abhinav']Poor poor boozi, loosing his wii loving mind. In other news, if your looking for the PS3, now is the time, many stores are getting them in stock! Poor poor Boozi.[/QUOTE]
Meh! PS3 is way over priced dude -_- I can't waste that much money on a system....................... I really want to buy the wii though :X

The Wii must be totally out selling the ps3. I decided to keep my 20 gig and now I just have to buy a game for it. I am playing Bully on it and it doesn't look that bad. It is a bit jagged in the graphics department.

Hope all the Metro area CAGer's have a great holiday!

I think you're right about Wii outselling PS3. I was at the Gaithersburg BB store when they announced they had PS3's for sale at the front. No one moved and the manager came over to the line we were at and told us PS3s were available. Three different people asked if they got any Wii's and no one went over to get a PS3. I like my PS3 but the Wii's got better advertising, price, and uses the tilt innovation technology better in my opinion.

Sony should have included rumble since most of the reviews I've read recommend turning off the tilt feature on PS3. Hopefully, PS3 developers will come up with some innovative ways to use the tilt feature, but Wii wins this round I think.

[quote name='maxgle']guys, will there be any wii in stock tomorrow the 24th?[/QUOTE]
Dunno... I'm looking for one as well if anyone knows :X

I was just at the Laurel BB and there were 2 60 gig ps3's sitting right next to the ps3 games. I must of walked by 8 times and they were still there. If I hadn't of opened my 20 gig, I might have walked out with one.

I just hardwired my basement and hooked up the 360 and ps3 so I am ready to go. I fucking love monoprice.com!

[quote name='boozi']Any luck maxgle?[/QUOTE]

I ended up not going cause I was too tired from the party the night before.. didnt sleep til 7am :p

[quote name='maxgle']I ended up not going cause I was too tired from the party the night before.. didnt sleep til 7am :p[/QUOTE]
Guess we'll have to wait 'til next Sunday huh? That friend of mine who works at the TRU on the Pike told me that they get their next shipment next Sunday. And yeah, happy holidays guys. I've celebrated mine already :p

[quote name='boozi']Guess we'll have to wait 'til next Sunday huh? That friend of mine who works at the TRU on the Pike told me that they get their next shipment next Sunday. And yeah, happy holidays guys. I've celebrated mine already :p[/quote]

Unfortunetly you guys missed out on some Wii's today, Germantown Target aparently had a few, i saw it on itracker and called a friend and he snaged the last one there, i regret not posting it but i thought they would be sold out. The dude is in love with Zelda right now and i am pretty sure he is loving it. Anyways i hope you guys get one soon, i'll post itracker stuff when i see it.

............................................................ When was that at abhinav? Anyways, I just "wasted" $54 on Castlevania for the saturn, so.... I'll have to wait a week anyways before I get a Wii. And yeah, don't worry about it too much... I got some other stuff that occupies me atm ^^

well bad news on my end, both of my Pc's are broken which means i wont be online much till i get one fixed (i am posting this message off my wii)
Good luck to all those looking for wii's and happy xmas!

Hi Guys,
Ok, I am REALLY late to this party - but how do I find out if a store has stock available for the Wii or PS3?
I have heard people mention itracker.com, but that does not seem to be right...

Thanks,
Matthew

Hey guys, I just got back from TRU and got Grandia 3 and Battalion Wars for trade. Anyone has .hack/GU or Atelier Iris 2?

and Matt, dont bother using itrack. I find it useless. Just call the store..

Hey guys,

If anybody doesn't have Final Fantasy XII and wants it, the Walmart in Bowie has them for ten bucks. They were sitting in a plastic bin in their typical clearing games out fashion. They actually had a lot of them, at least 10 when I got mine at about 1 PM today (12/26/06).

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just scored a Wii!!!! The Target on the pike got 3 and I snagged the last one! :D Even got a 10% discount 'cause of my friend :D

[quote name='boozi']WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just scored a Wii!!!! The Target on the pike got 3 and I snagged the last one! :D Even got a 10% discount 'cause of my friend :D[/quote]
Neat, I'll be keeping my eye out. I wonder if this means Target is done hoarding them for Sunday releases?

[quote name='boozi']WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just scored a Wii!!!! The Target on the pike got 3 and I snagged the last one! :D Even got a 10% discount 'cause of my friend :D[/QUOTE]

gratz! enjoy teh wii!

Boozi, thanks for the heads-up! I scored a Wii at the Reston VA Target ~10 min. ago (they said they had 20 on hand today, had at least 5 left in the case when I left). Now to get my wife hooked on Wii Sports. :D

Edit: PS, I got Zelda for $39.99 as well, wasn't aware of that deal, but it seemed like a good one.

[quote name='soyverde']Boozi, thanks for the heads-up! I scored a Wii at the Reston VA Target ~10 min. ago (they said they had 20 on hand today, had at least 5 left in the case when I left). Now to get my wife hooked on Wii Sports. :D

Edit: PS, I got Zelda for $39.99 as well, wasn't aware of that deal, but it seemed like a good one.[/QUOTE]
Don't mention it :D I'm waiting for Sunday's deal @ CC. They're going to have it for $37.79 and then I'll be using the $5 coupon, so... Zelda for $32.79 before taxes ^_______^

Btw..... The family's taking over my Wii, so it kinda sucks XD Hopefully, I'll be able to play some zelda without many interruptions XD

There are Classic Controllers and Wii Remotes at the Eldersburg Walmart. Zipcode is 21784. I grabbed the last 2 nunchucks. So none of those.

[quote name='vasco']There are Classic Controllers and Wii Remotes at the Eldersburg Walmart. Zipcode is 21784. I grabbed the last 2 nunchucks. So none of those.[/QUOTE]

i still need a nunchuk so drop a post if anyone finds one

[quote name='Rdarkholme']Hey guys,

If anybody doesn't have Final Fantasy XII and wants it, the Walmart in Bowie has them for ten bucks. They were sitting in a plastic bin in their typical clearing games out fashion. They actually had a lot of them, at least 10 when I got mine at about 1 PM today (12/26/06).[/QUOTE]
Dude! Do you know how many FFXII are left there by any chance? Seems like the trade in value for 1 at ebgames is $30..... I really want to get a couple so I could got some games there ^^

Circuit City had some PS3s in stock today at the Arundel Mills location. They had a handwritten sign taped to the door. Saying "PS3s Are Here". I was there at 2:45pm today. I didnt ask how many or if they were 20 or 60gb, as i hate post-xmas shopping and just got what i wanted and left.

[quote name='boozi']Dude! Do you know how many FFXII are left there by any chance? Seems like the trade in value for 1 at ebgames is $30..... I really want to get a couple so I could got some games there ^^[/QUOTE]

You should get all of the FFXII and save them for our CAG DC Metro area get-together. I would love to buy a copy from you at the price, and I'm sure that others would want it also.

[quote name='lurknomore']You should get the FFXII and save them for our CAG DC Metro area get-together. I would love to buy a copy from you at the price, and I'm sure that others would want it also.[/QUOTE]
Wait, I'm kind of confused @_@ Can you please re-state what you just wrote? :whistle2:\

[quote name='boozi']Wait, I'm kind of confused @_@ Can you please re-state what you just wrote? :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

I was speaking to Rdarkholme's original posting about the Wal-mart clearancing out FFXII...but I quoted your post instead.

TRU in Gaithersburg had 9 Wiis this morning. I called my parents as they offered to try to find one for one of their church friends...but once there, they were told that they were all sold out. Gotta be lucky and fast for the Wiis.

PS3 20 gig in the Germantown Target....in the case. YMMV on whether it is still there, but looks like it was a Ebay return, being that it has Talledega nights.

[quote name='abhinav']i still need a nunchuk so drop a post if anyone finds one[/QUOTE]

If you still need a nunchuk, PM me...and I can help you out.

bread's done
Back