Welcome To The Black College Football Experience

Never heard of it before, but apparently sports games are jumping on the rhythm game frenzy now. Drum playing mini-games,lol. Atleast its better than the weightlifting game in madden.

Oh, also, yeah, I actually have heard about this game before, in passing. I was looking at a list of games that run on Unreal Engine 3, and I saw it mentioned there, and was all like "wtf is this."

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']This game has been delayed so many times I don't believe that it is really coming out.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I don't see that it's ever been given a release date, so I don't see how it could have been "delayed."

[quote name='jkanownik']I had it in my Gamefly queue and was quite disappointed when I saw it was delayed.[/QUOTE]

Well, stores applying release dates to things are not always based off of official info...

[quote name='jkanownik']I had it in my Gamefly queue and was quite disappointed when I saw it was delayed.[/QUOTE]

You seriously are looking forward to this game (because it looks good to you) or are you intensely curious to see what it's about?

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']This game has been delayed so many times I don't believe that it is really coming out.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, you can preorder it at Gamestop. I saw it in the book of games coming out. I think it comes out in June. I will definitely buy it if it is a nice alternative to Madden. I am extremely sick of that series. Think I might skip all the extra stuff though if possible. I definitely don't have high hopes for it being a great football game though. The football sure doesn't look smooth though when watching that clip on the website. Pretty jerky in my opinion.

i heard about it... I can't wait to play it. Not for the football.. but for the marching band portion. Also, it'd be nice if they were to put in some halftime show clips.. that'd be really nice.

It's been out since at least last fall. I checked it out from the company library (though I didn't get to actually installing and playing it.) They had a collector's edition with bonus behind the scenes DVD and collector's book. I even saw the non-collector's edition during Circuit City's liquidation.

There was a "reverse-racism is racist" hubbub at various sites already, but I think those people were just ignorant that the actual football part of these college meetups are usually the least important part of the festivities, and that's why this game also prominently features marching band and cheerleaders/dancers.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I see they're planning on putting this out on consoles, as well. I was talking about a PC version.

Take a look at the below picture. Notice how there's only a single football player but plenty of band members and dancers; it's pretty telling about what the real focus and draw is supposed to be.

bcfxbox.jpg

[quote name='steveinneed']You seriously are looking forward to this game (because it looks good to you) or are you intensely curious to see what it's about?[/QUOTE]

I just tried playing Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust. I just ordered Hakuna Matata and Aquanaut's from PlayAsia. I just used my ECA membership to preorder Wii Sports Resort, Toy Story Mania, Beatles Rock Band and Sacred 2. You can't attempt to understand my motivations for having interest in games because I myself don't understand it.

Aww bust!! I thought they were going to have the console version let us use the Rockband drums?!? Why do they have the controller face buttons in the screenshot???

[quote name='jkanownik']I just tried playing Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust. I just ordered Hakuna Matata and Aquanaut's from PlayAsia. I just used my ECA membership to preorder Wii Sports Resort, Toy Story Mania, Beatles Rock Band and Sacred 2. You can't attempt to understand my motivations for having interest in games because I myself don't understand it.[/QUOTE]

Hah. I only understand Sacred 2.

bread's done
Back