What are some good games with LOTS of unlockables?

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I've found that over time games that have lots of unlockables keep me entertained. However they don't have do be the best games, but should be decent. For example Burnout is good because there is lots of cars to unlock, and wrestlers are good because there are different characters you can unlock. I guess I just need that instant gratification when I'm playing video games. Hopefully I'm making sense here and I can get some good suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Don't know what kind of games you like, but Samurai Western has tons to unlock and it's a pretty fun/mindless game. Feels like Devil May Cry without the puzzles and stuff.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Mortal Kombat Deception or Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.[/QUOTE]
I liked MKDA's unlocking system because you got to choose what you unlocked.

Tony Hawk games have a fuckton of unlockables. Also Project Gotham Racing, Midtown Madness, and just about any other racing game.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is great.

For the GameCube, try Super Smash Bros. Melee. Lots of characters to unlock, lots of mini trophies, it's pretty much a collector's dream, and great multiplayer to boot.

Hope that helps, assuming you like fighting games. :)

Oh, and the XBox 360 achievements system will be a dream come true for you as well. I never thought it'd be that cool, but it adds a lot of value to games, and it's kind of fun to be able to *ahem* whip 'em out and measure 'em. Yeah.

The Gran Turismo series is excellent, as mentioned before the Tony Hawk series is also an excellent place to go, I personally love playing the DDR series cause you're getting a workout and unlocking new songs every 5 mins. Hope that helps!

Just a note to everyone, the OP did post in the Xbox section....

MK: Shaolin Monks has a bunch. Along with the other two previously mentioned.

Guild Wars has a fuck ton of stuff to unlock. About 300 skills per 5, soon to be 7 characters. Around 50 mods for each weapon to unlock. And then their are 3 levels of rune for each classes 5 attributes to unlock.

don't the tiger woods games have a ton of stuff to unlock ? I know DOA Ultimate will take you forever if you don't get the costumes on one shot.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is great.

For the GameCube, try Super Smash Bros. Melee. Lots of characters to unlock, lots of mini trophies, it's pretty much a collector's dream, and great multiplayer to boot.

Hope that helps, assuming you like fighting games. :)

Oh, and the XBox 360 achievements system will be a dream come true for you as well. I never thought it'd be that cool, but it adds a lot of value to games, and it's kind of fun to be able to *ahem* whip 'em out and measure 'em. Yeah.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Super Smash Bros Melee is GREAT for unlockables. I've also really enjoyed the achievement system just from messing around with my roomates 360. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep em coming.

animal crossing for the ds or the cube has so many things to "unlock" its not even funny. i say unlock in quotes because a lot of it is just playing everyday, while some of the stuff you really do have to unlock.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Animal Crossing for the GC are two games that I've never gotten bored of, despite having one for over a year and the other for almost a year. Also, believe it or not, Pokemon Firered can keep you occupied for awhile if you wanna catch all the Pokemon (Gotta Catch 'Em All!). Harvest Moon: Back to Nature also had me playing for months!

SERIOUS SAM

Loads of secerets!

World Record of the Most Number of Eniemes in ANY video game!

Humor!

More $#^& to blow up, AGAIN AND AGAIN

MEGA-BOSSES!!!

This game has earned a SERIOUS amount of awards!

[quote name='heyfunboy']Oversized Text and Pictures[/QUOTE]

Smaller would've been nice. As would've thumbnail images. Just a bit of advice to make it easier for everyone to look at this thread.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Smaller would've been nice. As would've thumbnail images. Just a bit of advice to make it easier for everyone to look at this thread.[/QUOTE]
I did what I could to make it more readable. :roll:

bread's done
Back