What are you watching on your Netflix (or going to watch)?

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
Since the NXE update I've gone insane with Netflix and uploading any random thing I've yet to own. So just curious, but what movies are on your queue or watched because of it? So far mine consists of...

1. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
2. Fido
3. The Signal
4. The Office: Season Two (which I'm just focusing on watching)
5. Vanishing Point (the original version)
6. District B13
7. Heroes: Season 2 (never finished it)
8. Teeth
9. Zach Galfianakis: Live
10. Severance

Also since I'm just doing two week trial for now, also requested KMFDM: Sturm & Drang Tour 2002.

[quote name='Rocko']Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office (US), Weeds, Teeth, NCFOM are on the top of my list.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: @ that movie :applause:

I have never seen Weeds or The Office, so both of those. I missed 3 episodes of Heroes season 2, so I'll be watching that. I'm keeping the actual Netflix and will rent out each disc of all 6 seasons of 24 in an effort to get into the show before season 7 premieres.

EDIT: How did you guys get your avatars to show up in your NXE Gamercard sig pics?

[quote name='bardockkun']Since the NXE update I've gone insane with Netflix and uploading any random thing I've yet to own. So just curious, but what movies are on your queue or watched because of it? So far mine consists of...

1. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
2. Fido
3. The Signal
4. The Office: Season Two (which I'm just focusing on watching)
5. Vanishing Point (the original version)
6. District B13
7. Heroes: Season 2 (never finished it)
8. Teeth
9. Zach Galfianakis: Live
10. Severance

Also since I'm just doing two week trial for now, also requested KMFDM: Sturm & Drang Tour 2002.[/QUOTE]

Waaaaait a minute...there's a Zach Galifianakis DVD on there? Must find...

I found Behind the Mask utterly disappointing and left me pretty pissed off, but thats just me. Maybe you'll enjoy it more.

I hope because of the NXE, Netflix gets tons of new subscribers...and thus, adds more content to the instant watch.

How do you see more items? It only shows for me a instant queue and not the list of everything. Or do i have to log onto my netflix account and add things so they show up?

[quote name='richyanks']How do you see more items? It only shows for me a instant queue and not the list of everything. Or do i have to log onto my netflix account and add things so they show up?[/QUOTE]

yeah, you have to add them to your Netflix queue to be able to access them

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Waaaaait a minute...there's a Zach Galifianakis DVD on there? Must find...

I found Behind the Mask utterly disappointing and left me pretty pissed off, but thats just me. Maybe you'll enjoy it more.[/quote]
You know they also got Comedians of Comedy (with Zach Galfianakis, Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and Maria Bamford) on there too right?

Did it take itself too seriously in the end? That's the only thing I'm afraid of because I loved the trailers for it an my friend loved it as well.

Last night I watched 2 movies (both hd):

The first was Shrooms, somewhat corny but quite a few "jump from your seat" scary moments.

The second was Cashback which I loved and highly recommend.

Currently watching Office S3.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a similar thread in the Off Topic Forum....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204211

Anyway, here's what's in my instant watch queue (not all are available on the 360):

Once Upon a Time in China
Once Upon a Time in China 2
Interstate 60
Where the Buffalo Roam
Casablanca
A Streetcar Named Desire
THX 1138: Special Edition
The Basketball Diaries
This Is England
The Orphanage
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
The World's Fastest Indian
La Vie en Rose
Weeds: Season 1
Weeds: Season 2
I Like Killing Flies
The Remains of the Day
Much Ado About Nothing
Meet Bill
Bullitt
Whale Rider
Apocalypto
Dog Day Afternoon
The Hudsucker Proxy
The Hoax
Team America: World Police
Lust, Caution
Bigger, Stronger, Faster
Fido
The Host
Eraserhead
The King of Kong
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
30 Rock: Season 1
30 Rock: Season 2
The Office: Season 1
The Office: Season 2
The Office: Season 3
The Office: Season 4

so far, today, i've watched:

war, inc. (ugh)
tank girl (so-so)
mannequin (hollywooooooood!)
macross plus (so far, so good)

have about 25 other things in my queue, and only 3 things i've added have been unavailable on xbox (due to sony): steamboy, real genius (yar!), and something else...

For anyone who hasn't seen Weeds, I highly recommend the show. I picked up three seasons of it at Gamestop (B2G4!), and plowed through the entire run in about a week. Excellent show.

Also, Ong-Bak & The Protector.

[quote name='JJSP']For anyone who hasn't seen Weeds, I highly recommend the show. I picked up three seasons of it at Gamestop (B2G4!), and plowed through the entire run in about a week. Excellent show.[/quote]
Its to bad its not as good as that anymore, but what is.

old movies that I haven't seen in awhile. so far I love netflix..

btw...how much will it cost me to JUST do instant ?

You can't just do instant. You have to have one of their unlimited plans. Cheapest is $8.99 a month. That includes unlimited actual disc rentals, 1 out at a time.

I started watching Heroes Season 3 episode 4, (the last episode on my TIVO is 3) but its just sooooo bad I stopped watching it.

Teeth fucking sucked. How in the world that movie has an 82 rating at rotten tomatoes is beyond me. As much as people said it was full of symbolism and smart comedy/commentary, it seemed more to me like a filmmaker's excuse to show as many dismembered penis' as possible.

[quote name='suhsix']The second was Cashback which I loved and highly recommend.[/quote]

I actually liked Cashback quite a bit, I was suprised.

I've got like 30 movies lined up to watch, so many great movies that I never got around to seeing.. Mad Max, Aliens, Lethal Weapon.. man this is awesome.

//edit: Ghostbusters and Jumanji don't work on 360. Damn it!

[quote name='ITDEFX']old movies that I haven't seen in awhile. so far I love netflix..

btw...how much will it cost me to JUST do instant ?[/quote]
$9 A Month.

I just added a bunch of A&E stuff (Mindfreak, Dog The Bounty Hunter) as well as The Tick. Might not be the greatest, but definitely amusing at 2AM.

[quote name='JJSP']I just added a bunch of A&E stuff (Mindfreak, Dog The Bounty Hunter) as well as The Tick. Might not be the greatest, but definitely amusing at 2AM.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, JJSP, but I don't think The Tick works with the 360. I tried today with no success.:cry:

[quote name='smarkbran']I recommend Bigger Faster Stronger, and I am getting halfway through 30 rock, and the Office seasons. Netflix is awesome![/QUOTE]

2nd'd

Really good doc. I thought it presented both sides really well.

Cashback was good, watched it last night and enjoyed it. Watched Conversations With Other Women tonight...it was alright but not really my thing. Found the use of split screens pretty distracting and it prevented me from getting more into it. Understood the message it was trying to convey about love and relationships but the overall execution was lacking. Planning on watching Bullworth tomorrow as it ends 11/23 according to my queue.

[quote name='smarkbran']I recommend Bigger Faster Stronger[/QUOTE]

Haha, I added that due to it having a guy who looked like Hulk Hogan on the cover. Speaking of wrestlign, since I see several wrestling thread guys here, there's some classic Smoky Mountain stuff on instant watch and countless WWE DVDs, along with several TNA and ROH, in the regular disc by mail selection.

But damn... I'm in love with Netflix. I already have 20+ things in my instant queue (1 being a full season of Heroes) and that part is worth the price of admission alone. If I don't have any problems with receiving the discs like I did in my 2 attempts with Gamefly, I'll not only keep the service as planned, but I'll spend the extra 8 bucks a month to upgrade from 1 disc out to 3 discs out at a time.

And I thought I had a problem with too many good 360 games recently... fuck me, I'll never leave the house, LOL.

[quote name='bardockkun']You know they also got Comedians of Comedy (with Zach Galfianakis, Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and Maria Bamford) on there too right?

Did it take itself too seriously in the end? That's the only thing I'm afraid of because I loved the trailers for it an my friend loved it as well.[/QUOTE]

It just hit a bunch of horror-movie cliches at the end, which I'm not sure was purposeful of not. I understand the whole movie was a play on those cliches but it seemed like "Ha see, we made fun of all those cliches...but now we're going to use them in a serious manner..." I enjoyed the movie a lot up until the final 20 or so minutes.

And yes I did see that and I've added it to my queue. Brian Posehn is hilarious.

Also, the voice actors chosen for Superman: Doomsday are awful. Anne Heche is outright awful as Lois Lane and James Marsters is a joke as Lex Luthor.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It just hit a bunch of horror-movie cliches at the end, which I'm not sure was purposeful of not. I understand the whole movie was a play on those cliches but it seemed like "Ha see, we made fun of all those cliches...but now we're going to use them in a serious manner..." I enjoyed the movie a lot up until the final 20 or so minutes.

And yes I did see that and I've added it to my queue. Brian Posehn is hilarious.

Also, the voice actors chosen for Superman: Doomsday are awful. Anne Heche is outright awful as Lois Lane and James Marsters is a joke as Lex Luthor.[/quote]
That's too bad, though I'll still check it out, but at least now I know to keep my expectations a bit low.

Though yes, Brian Posehn is soooo awesome. I Just wish that they would release his first Comedy Central Presents special somewhere as well...

for anyone who enjoyed Flight of the Concords I recommend Eagle vs. Shark. It's definitely not for everyone but a few of you the quirky sense of humor.

I've so far only watched "The Real World of Harry Potter" and "The Secret of NIMH". It's unfortunate that so many of the instant watch movies are garbage that I've never even heard of, let alone am interested to watch. Pretty sure I'm going to cancel at the end of the trial and just stick with Blockbuster Online.

Eagle vs. Shark was the first movie I added.

Also, I will probably be adding a lot of B-movies to my Instant Queue. Especially the B-Movie Horror titles. My wife is not a fan of horror and since I have my 360 in my office, I'll just go in there and watch them.

[quote name='hostyl1']I've so far only watched "The Real World of Harry Potter" and "The Secret of NIMH". It's unfortunate that so many of the instant watch movies are garbage that I've never even heard of, let alone am interested to watch. Pretty sure I'm going to cancel at the end of the trial and just stick with Blockbuster Online.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should take the time to look up some movies you've never heard of, as I'm sure you'll find a lot of them aren't garbage.

One good way is to check out the recommendations that pop up when you add something to your queue, I've found a lot of good movies I never would have watched otherwise through that feature over the past couple of years.

bread's done
Back