What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thoughts on Swarm and Tales from Space?[/QUOTE]
Found this pretty good video review of Swarm, doesn't look like my cup of tea. 10 levels, it's mostly about chasing a high score, and you'll likely have to play the same level over several times in order to meet the requirements for the next level. The mechanic does seem interesting though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biz7TjQK38

[quote name='guardian_owl']Found this pretty good video review of Swarm, doesn't look like my cup of tea. 10 levels, it's mostly about chasing a high score, and you'll likely have to play the same level over several times in order to meet the requirements for the next level. The mechanic does seem interesting though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biz7TjQK38[/QUOTE]

/nod I watched the exact same review a little after posting that question and passed based on that. About a blob I am not seeing many video reviews of, but the random videos I watched made it look like yet another puzzle platformer with some co op elements. I think I will pass on that too, they both seem like the kind of games that may appear as a free PS+ game later.

I really liked the (slightly) new look to the store. In the PSN Plus section there's a seperate icon for the "Ending Soon" items, and the games demos and add ons were all seperate.

Having the demos right next to the games for the big Summer sale is a smart move too.

Swarm has a good idea, but that's undermined by the mediocre level design that doesn't capitalize on the unique gameplay ideas.

Tales from Space: About a Blob is a lot of fun, as if Katamari was a puzzle-platformer.

http://twitter.com/#!/monkeypawgames/status/91219691573477376

Seems that Monkeypaw will have at least one new PS1 Import coming out next week.

Edit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/13/section-8-prejudice-drops-into-psn-with-some-extra-weight/

Also, Section 8: Prejudice will be out on July 26 with some interesting bonuses for early adopters:

It’s been a long time coming, but Dropping, Jetpacks, Overdriving, Deployables, and every other kick-ass Section 8: Prejudice feature are making their way to the PlayStation Network starting July 26th in North America for only $14.99 and July 27th for our European friends for £12,99. While it was a difficult decision to delay the PS3 release for three months, we knew it would be worth the wait in order to take the time to optimize the game for the platform. We’ve also added new content to the PS3 version, including two additional multiplayer game modes, Assault and Skirmish, as well as exclusive content for PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not a PlayStation Plus member, no worries, we have some free content for you too!
  • For the first week, anyone who purchases Section 8: Prejudice on the PlayStation Network will receive the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack for free! This includes two armor skins, early unlocks, and two additional multiplayer maps.
  • The first 1000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice will receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor as well as a free copy of the original Section 8.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Swarm has a good idea, but that's undermined by the mediocre level design that doesn't capitalize on the unique gameplay ideas.

Tales from Space: About a Blob is a lot of fun, as if Katamari was a puzzle-platformer.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree to both. I just cannot get into Swarm.

Tales from Space however is a real gem IMO.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://twitter.com/#!/monkeypawgames/status/91273564770140160

The MonkeyPaw game is a 2D shooter and will reveal the first letter in its name in a bit.[/QUOTE]

My biggest hope (which won't happen) is that we get the PSOne port of Sokyugurentai. The Saturn version is better as it runs on the Saturn-based arcade board but the PSOne version has an exclusive ship and it's expensive as all hell. I owned it right when it first came out but like a dumbass, sold it to buy, I dunno, something less cool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/15/unholster-your-iron-fast-draw-showdown-launches-july-19th/

Fast Draw Showdown is coming next week:

We’ve included a bunch of new features exclusive to the PS3. One-by-one you’ll get to take out these vicious gunslingers, and post your fastest draws to the worldwide leaderboards. You can also bring a friend along to play ‘Quickdraw’ and ‘Showdown’ multiplayer modes and see which one of you really has the fastest hands in the west.

On top of the remastered HD video, leaderboards and multiplayer features we’ve designed exclusive western clothing to outfit your PlayStation Home avatar! Cowboy hat, boots, shirt and even riding chaps! Put on the whole outfit or individual items – the choice is yours.

We’re very excited for Fast Draw fans and those new to American Laser Games, to try out the PlayStation Move version of this arcade classic next week for $9.99. So grab your PlayStation Move motion controller and get ready for some real Fast Draw action! Also, available on the PlayStation Store is a free XMB wallpaper and a dynamic theme for PlayStation Plus users and a bunch of exclusive Fast Draw Avatars! Check out all the goods next week!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...lack-ops-annihilation-maps-hit-ps3-july-28th/

The Annihilation Map Pack for Black Ops will be out on July 28th. Read the comments if you want to see a lot of hostility.

holy shit the comments on the cod map pak were definelty worth reading. kinda interesting that the guy suggested game sharing it and the activision guy called that piracy so whats the deal is sony cool with game sharing or not?

btw do they every do goty editions for cod games? figure ill wait till all of the stuff is on one disk or in one set so i can try out the zombie stuff.

He doesn't work for Sony, but Activision.

They did a Game of the Year for COD4, but then omitted the DLC pack after a while and haven't done anything like that since. Their shelf life is too long to ever need the boost that a bundled SKU would offer.

[quote name='lokizz']holy shit the comments on the cod map pak were definelty worth reading. kinda interesting that the guy suggested game sharing it and the activision guy called that piracy so whats the deal is sony cool with game sharing or not?

btw do they every do goty editions for cod games? figure ill wait till all of the stuff is on one disk or in one set so i can try out the zombie stuff.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I'm pretty sure if it were considered "piracy" Sony would have disabled the ability to download purchased content on up to 5 ps3s LONG ago.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He doesn't work for Sony, but Activision.

They did a Game of the Year for COD4, but then omitted the DLC pack after a while and haven't done anything like that since. Their shelf life is too long to ever need the boost that a bundled SKU would offer.[/QUOTE]

oh well guess i wont be playing it. btw has anyone gotten a survey email from sony ? says if you fill it out you get entered for a chance to win a $50 psn card.

[quote name='lokizz']oh well guess i wont be playing it. btw has anyone gotten a survey email from sony ? says if you fill it out you get entered for a chance to win a $50 psn card.[/QUOTE]
I have 3 PSN accounts with different e-mail addresses and have not received a survey e-mail from sony. I would be wary of this if I were you. Keep in mind that hackers now have our personal info so be extra careful now.

A week ago I got a call from a guy claiming to be a MS rep. He knew my name and claimed that they had received reports that my PC was getting a lot of errors. He said my PC manufacturer reported that my copy of windows was still under warranty (lol, I built my PC myself so there is no manufacturer).

He tried to get me to allow him to remotely control my PC to fix my boot manager. I told him I could just reinstall windows to clear it out and he said that my registry would still be damaged (funny because the registry is completely cleared when you do a clean install of windows).

I am 32 years old and have never encountered a scam attempt before. But now that these hackers have my info I've been getting a lot of e-mails and so far two telephone calls with scam attempts. Just be careful out there.

Legacy of Kain soul reaver looks like it is the free PS1 game for European customers this week. Does that mean we might get it for free next week? Or however often PS1 games are freebie.

I think I'll make the plunge for Borderlands on Tuesday.

Are they releasing Baseball Stars 2? From NES? Updated at all, or is it a port from the PS2 SNK collection?

Bah, looked into it. It's the arcade version, it seems (as is the PS2 port). I'd buy the first Baseball Stars from NES on day 1 if it were released.

[quote name='eldergamer']Legacy of Kain soul reaver looks like it is the free PS1 game for European customers this week. Does that mean we might get it for free next week? Or however often PS1 games are freebie.[/QUOTE]
It's rare that either region gets the same games at the same time, though we should get word later this week of what's coming for 7/26 and 8/2.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/17/the-drop-week-of-july-18th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Limbo — (Demo Available) Limbo is a monochromatic puzzle-platforming adventure that puts players in the role of a young boy traveling through a hostile world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister.

Fast Draw Showdown — Do you think you’re the fastest gunslinger in the West? Let’s see how you fair in Fast Draw Showdown. Fight against the roughest thugs, cowboys and outlaws in this Western shootout!

Dead Block — (Demo Available) Dead Block focuses on innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or – as a last resort – using their weapons to fight.

Baseball Stars 2 (Also on PSP) — Lace up your cleats and step onto the diamond with the pros of Baseball Stars 2. You’ll find everything you’d expect in a classic game of baseball, but with an arcade feel and intense action that distinguish it from the pack. Pick one of six unique teams from cities around the world, then get ready for nine innings of excitement, whether you’re taking on the computer in a 15-game tournament or squaring off against a friend.

The King of Fighters ‘95 (Also on PSP) – Choose from 26 different characters and let the brawling begin. Play the Normal mode and face a series of one-on-one fights. After beating all of the competition, you will learn of each character’s unique motivation for entering the King of Fighters tournament. In addition to the Normal mode, a Team Battle option has been included, where two teams of three of fighters compete against each other. You can choose from eight different teams or create your own with the team edit feature. No matter what mode you play, you must be aware of the last resort moves whenever a character is about to be defeated, he or she has access to huge fireball or massive hit combinations that can level the playing field in an instant.

minis

Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar
Athena
Guerilla Wars
Hal 21
Ikari Warriors
Marvin’s Maze
Ozma Wars
Sauke vs Commander
Vanguard

PlayStation Portable

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions — Originally released in 1997, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is a portable update on the classic turn-based strategy game that gave birth to the world of Ivalice. New features include all-new CG sequences, all-new jobs, new 16:9 widescreen presentation, new head-to-head multiplayer and new storyline elements that refine the genesis of the Ivalice Alliance.

PSone Japan Import

Kyuiin – You play as a boy or a girl who flies around on a vacuum cleaner. You have a choice between four standard weapons: Vulcan, laser, homing and rapid shot. These can all be powered up three times by collecting flying orbs. Another vital part of your arsenal is your vacuum hose, which plays a very important part in the game. You can suck up certain types of enemies like birds, paper planes and angels.

Is King of fighters 95 the Neo Geo Station version or the PSone version? If it's PSone, SNK can fuck themselves up the ass. The Playstation ports were butchered to hell, and if I'm going to get old SNK fighting games, I want them arcade perfect.

Who am I kidding. I'll probably still buy it.

They had the PS1 boxart right next to it int he original post, though I think the format that they use typically separates PS1 Classics from the normal PSN games. The other SNK game that's listed above it doesn't have a PS1 version, so they might both be Neo Geo Station versions. Saying it's also on PSP also leads me to believe that it's the NGS version and not the PS1 version.

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm pretty sure it's the Neo Geo Station version since it just came out in Japan recently.

I'm tired of the 32 bit fighting game ports. They all fucking suck ass. Those horrendous load times, those missing frames, the lag on the upscaling. ALL HORSESHIT.

KOF 95 me for REAL.

Half the fun of Baseball Stars is creating teams, which from what I understand isn't a part of the release. The console and arcade versions were basically two different games entirely.

Dead Block — (Demo Available) Dead Block focuses on innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or – as a last resort – using their weapons to fight.

And I'm afraid to guess and what the character design for "Foxy Jones" is.
Black Woman with a large afro? (And sass!) *sigh*

[quote name='eldergamer']Dead Block — (Demo Available) Dead Block focuses on innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or – as a last resort – using their weapons to fight.

And I'm afraid to guess and what the character design for "Foxy Jones" is.
Black Woman with a large afro? (And sass!) *sigh*[/QUOTE]
You're right, but there's not much sass. No one really talks except for the narrator. Good game, not something I'd pay more than $5 for, though.

Im still trying to figure out why i can't play those free ps plus genesis games on my psp. At least Ikari warriors is going the way of the mini.
Thanks for your work Frisky but i swear about 6 weeks back you said crash commando was going to be free for plus members. Where on the net can i look to see whats coming later today?

[quote name='Mr. 420']Im still trying to figure out why i can't play those free ps plus genesis games on my psp. At least Ikari warriors is going the way of the mini.
Thanks for your work Frisky but i swear about 6 weeks back you said crash commando was going to be free for plus members. Where on the net can i look to see whats coming later today?[/QUOTE]
They're PS3 games, not Minis.

Crash Commando was going to be free for PS+ in May, but since PSN was down fo the entire month, they apparently scrapped that idea and moved on.

Upcoming releases: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4258901&postcount=2

Crash Commando is worth $5 I think i paid when I got it on sale. I also got the dlc, fun game, wish it was free on psn+ so i wouldnt play with so many bots. (like modern combat domination, it replaces real players with bots in online games. fun game tho)

I'll buy the downloadable "Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions" if it's $9.99 just like the physical greatest hits copy. Maybe all hope isn't lost for seeing more games that were previously only available on UMD in the PS Store. It's especially cool to see some Square Enix content show up.

I

Deals
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught/Battlefield 1943 Bundle - $12.99
Bioshock 2 - Exclusive Characters - $0.99 - Temporary Sale
Bioshock 2 - Minerva’s Den - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Bioshock 2 - Protector Trials - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Bioshock 2 - Rapture Metro - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Bioshock 2 - Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Borderlands Bundle - $19.99 - Game + All DLC
Borderlands - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Borderlands - New Revolution - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Borderlands - Secret Armory - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Borderlands - The Underdome - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Borderlands - Zombie Island - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Cuboid - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Hamsterball - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - The Betrayal Of Jimmy - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - Greaser Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - Jimmy’s Vendetta - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - Joe’s Adventure - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - Renegade Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - Vegas Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Mafia II - War Hero Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Magic Orbz - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Pool Hall Pro - PSP - $3.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Richochet HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Sky Fighters - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Smash Cars - $7.50 - Temporary Sale
Wackylands Boss - PSP/PS3 - $2.99
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Games
Dead Block - $9.99
Fast Draw Showdown - $9.99 - Move Required
Limbo - $14.99

Minis
Angry Birds - $3.99 - 17 MB
Athena - $2.99 - 13 MB
Guerrilla War - $2.99 - 16 MB
Hal 21 - $2.99 - 2.43 MB
Ikari Warriors - $2.99 - 12 MB
Marvin’s Maze - $2.99 - 2.9 MB
Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar - $4.99 - 38 MB
Ozma Wars - $2.99 - 2.3 MB
Sasuke vs Commander - $2.99 - 4 MB
Vanguard - $2.99 - 2.8 MB

Neo Geo Station
Baseball Stars 2 - $8.99
The King of Fighters ‘95 - $8.99

PS1 Imports
Kyuiin - $5.99 - 131 MB

Demos
Dead Block
Limbo

Add-ons
Bioshock 2 - Add-on Bundle - $10.99
Bulletstorm - Blood Symphony DLC Pack - $9.99
Dead Block - More Dead to Block Map Pack - $2.99
Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues - $9.99
ModNation Racers - Medieval Mini Theme Pack - $6.99
Mortal Kombat - Warrior Rain - $4.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - King of Diamonds Event Pack - Free
Rock Band 3 - Celebrating Soundgarden On Tour - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band 3 - “Blow Up the Outside World” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Burden in My Hand” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Fell on Black Days” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Outshined” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Rusty Cage” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Day I Tried to Live” by Soundgarden - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Sick, Sick, Sick" by Bayside - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Alaska" by Between the Buried and Me - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Too Little Too Late" by A Skylit Drive - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Find Beauty" by Rose of Jericho - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "(pin)Ballz" by Insomniac Games - $0.99
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon - Sideswipe Character Add-on - $0.99
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Additional Scenario - $7.99

Videos
PixelJunk Shooter 2 Online Battle Video
Starhawk Introducing the Universe Video
Back to the Future The Game Surprise Voice Joins The Cast
Bioshock Infinite Windows into other Worlds Trailer
Dead Block Debut Trailer
NeoGeo Station Title Lineup Trailer
Rocksmith Announcement Trailer

Premium Themes
Fast Draw Showdown - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dead Block - $2.99 - Dynamic
Brain Freeze - $2.99 - Dynamic
Shark Attack - $2.99 - Dynamic
Circles Of Confusion - $2.99 - Dynamic

Call Of Juarez: The Cartel (3) - $0.49 each

Fast Draw Showdown (6) - $0.49 each
Fast Draw Showdown Logo - Free

Super Street Fighter IV (18) - $0.49 each

PSP Games
Baseball Stars 2 - $6.99 - 16 MB
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - $9.99 - 205 MB
The King of Fights '95 - $6.99 - 35.1 MB

PSP Add-ons
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - Bartz Dancer - $0.99
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - FFV BGM Pack 3 Tracks - $0.99
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - FFVI BGM Pack 3 Tracks - $0.99
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - FFXI BGM Pack 3 Tracks - $0.99
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - Shantotto Wedding Dress - $0.99
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - Terra Striped Dress - $0.99
----------------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Athena - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Baseball Stars 2 - $7.19
Baseball Stars 2 - PSP - $5.59
Borderlands Bundle - $14.99 - Game + All DLC
Cuboid - $3.99
Hal 21 - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Hamsterball - $3.99
Ikari Warriors - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $3.99
The King of Fighters ’95 - $7.19
The King of Fighters ’95 - PSP - $5.59
Limbo - $11.99
Magic Orbz - $3.99
Marvin’s Maze - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Ozma Wars - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Richochet HD - $3.99
Sasuke vs. Commander - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Sky Fighters - $3.99
Smash Cars - $5.99
Vanguard - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99

Games
Guerrilla War - PSP/PS3

Themes
Amazing Earth Volcano - $0.90 - Dynamic
Apache Gunship - $0.90 - Dynamic
Destination Japanese Temple - $0.90 - Dynamic
Divine Light - $0.90 - Dynamic
Fast Draw Showdown - Dynamic

man theyve been dropping some sweet deals this month not sure if the bioshock dlc is any good but thats a pretty sweet price to get it at and borderlands was definelty too good to pass up. if anyone is curious about the dynamic themes they have videos up on youtube of them ( the 99 cent ones).

[quote name='lokizz']man theyve been dropping some sweet deals this month not sure if the bioshock dlc is any good but thats a pretty sweet price to get it at and borderlands was definelty too good to pass up. if anyone is curious about the dynamic themes they have videos up on youtube of them ( the 99 cent ones).[/QUOTE]
They all have preview videos in the store.

[quote name='Paco']Is King of fighters 95 the Neo Geo Station version or the PSone version? If it's PSone, SNK can fuck themselves up the ass. The Playstation ports were butchered to hell, and if I'm going to get old SNK fighting games, I want them arcade perfect.

Who am I kidding. I'll probably still buy it.[/QUOTE]

Its the neo geo version. They are going to be releasing kof 96, metal slug 2 and world heroes soon...

[quote name='Mr. 420']Hows that bioshock 2 dlc? Was gonna get the game for 10 shipped and that dlc bundle would be more expensive lol.[/QUOTE]

Minerva's Den is awesome.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Hows that bioshock 2 dlc? Was gonna get the game for 10 shipped and that dlc bundle would be more expensive lol.[/QUOTE]
Minerva's Den is FANTASTIC. One of the reasons I consider Bioshock 2 to be better than the first game.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/19/playstation-store-update-199/

Edited for redundancy and to not steal FriskyTanuki's thunder. Borderlands deal image left intact because it's a fuck-awesome deal on a fuck-awesome game. I officially own it thrice over now and I'm thinking about forming a support group: Loot Whores Anonymous.[/QUOTE]

It really is a great game at a great price. I'm thinking of trading in my disc copy and getting the download version just to have on my PS3. I hope Gearbox is working on a sequel...

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']It really is a great game at a great price. I'm thinking of trading in my disc copy and getting the download version just to have on my PS3. I hope Gearbox is working on a sequel...[/QUOTE]
They better fucking be working on a sequel. Between me and my dad we have spent $110 on this game, pre tax.

My dad has become super addicted to borderlands. He is seriously going to do everything (singleplayer only) with all 4 characters :lol:

During a special Twisted Gamer Radio podcast of the Gearbox Community Day 2011: Borderlands Panel Randy Pitchford, while talking about their new testing tools and their integration into the current Borderlands game, accidentally outed the sequel.

Gearbox is basically going to push these testing tools out to the Steam version of Borderlands (only one mentioned if my memory serves) and then apply the data gathered to a kind of community infused/informed development process for the sequel. Very cool stuff. (like MegaMan Legends 3 kinda only it won't get shit-canned)

EDIT: Gearbox Labs was the terminology that was used during the panel but there are other names floating around for it. Discussion thread.

Borderlands is great. I have the PSN version right now, and it's so nice to be able to just turn it on without having to go dig out the disc.

I've owned the vanilla and GOTY discs, both of which were given to friends- and I've also bought copies for 3 of my friends. It's my all time favorite FPS.

bread's done
Back