Wherehouse.com returns

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
I ordered 24: season 3 with store credit I had with them. Bare in mind, that this is a new dvd set. When I received this dvd, I noticed that disc # 1 was almost unplayable (white streak on the dvd and lots of scratches) and the rest of the dvds for all 7 dvds (note: 7 dvd set) were all loose. The spindles that hold the dvds in place have all cracked. What to do with these loose dvds?

I decided to contact wherehouse.com regarding this. I was hoping for them to send me a shipping label so I could send 24:season 3 for a replacement.

Instead I got this as a reply:

Dear James:

We are writing to inform you that the following action was
taken on your recent order #2133631.

RESHIPPING:
The following item will be shipped to you at no charge:

24: Season 3 [6 Discs]
New DVD

New order number for this item is 2169685.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,
Wherehouse.com
http://www.wherehouse.com

They did the same thing with my messed up copy of Girl Next Door.. sent me another copy FREE. Although the condition of the free copy wasn't that much better than the original sent copy.

My only complaint with wherehouse.com has been the recent slow shipping and not receiving my items. Even so, I received a quick and personal email reply from customer service. They even mailed back the trade in games that were rejected. I'm really impressed with their service.

Same thing happened with me, my Family Guy Vol 1 had white streaks on the CD and the box was a bit busted up. After getting SIX other boxsets in perfect condition, I sent them an email yesterday.

I got the same reply today, except they are shipping me another used Family Guy (I still can't complain). Now, what do we do with the old ones? I mean, it plays fine, it is just really beat up. Do they want us to send them back, or what?

[quote name='Roufuss']Same thing happened with me, my Family Guy Vol 1 had white streaks on the CD and the box was a bit busted up. After getting SIX other boxsets in perfect condition, I sent them an email yesterday.

I got the same reply today, except they are shipping me another used Family Guy (I still can't complain). Now, what do we do with the old ones? I mean, it plays fine, it is just really beat up. Do they want us to send them back, or what?[/QUOTE]

Keep it and don't complain about it. :)

yea, these guys are great. the GiTS vol 2 SE set they gave me didnt have the CD soundtrack, so they gave it to me for free. *thumbs up* theys be the shiznit!

Same thing happened to me, i got "dances with wolves" and "the thing", both discs were loose in the case and had scratches that caused lockups while playing. They sent me replacements, but never did send a prepaid return label, i guess they did give the discs to us for free.

I'm glad to see others have had the same thing happen to them, was wondering what to do with these scratched discs, i'm gonna hold on to them for a bit though, just in case.

Maybe they are sending out certain things all beat up and know it. As some type of test to see how honest customers are. I really don't know I'm just trying to figure out the business model.

Well I just got a shipment from them yesterday and there were some problems. Dark City was all smudged and scratched up, Collateral had a partially-crushed case and scratched disc, and Resident Evil for GameCube contained the discs for RE Zero! So that was annoying, but after reading this thread it sounds like they have been very nice about these things. I sent an email last night so I'll see how it goes.

I have never heard of anyone being able to return anything to wherehouse.com, they always just ship another one out to you.

bread's done
Back