White Knight Chronicles - Level 5's Groundhog Day Present - February 2, 2010 in NA

Blasted Amazon's free shipping has a delivery date of the 16th. It'd better not take 8 days for a game to make it to me from Delaware!

I'll be on most of the day tommorrow if anyone wants to add and possibly run a mission or two. I imagine lots of Big Red runs tommorrow. ;)

I can't seem to figure out how to use heal potions in battle...if you actually can that is.

Also, I haven't gotten far enough for the geonet portion, but is it possible to do online quests with random people, or do you need to have friends on your list to start a quest?

[quote name='daschrier']I can't seem to figure out how to use heal potions in battle...if you actually can that is.

Also, I haven't gotten far enough for the geonet portion, but is it possible to do online quests with random people, or do you need to have friends on your list to start a quest?[/QUOTE]

press up on the D-pad until you come to the string of command slots that has the option to use items, equip, or transform. healing potions should be at the top of that list. The easier thing to do is to set someone else in your party to heal for you. My character is a healer so I just have him heal everyone while I play with leonard.

And yes it is possible to play with random people. The very first attempt I made at playing with people ended in me getting called a n***** within 15 seconds of joining the game because my character was black. I hate people.

Might be a weird question, but as a fan of the Dark Cloud games and holding out hope that this might in fact be Dark Cloud 3 (anyone think it is?) I was wondering if there was a golf mini game or item creation feature in White Knight? Or any mini games at all. I am trying to figure out if I want to get this game now or sometime after a price drop. I have pre-ordered FFxiii so that will probably keep me busy for quite sometime once it gets here. If I wait till after ffxiii I may be able to find WKC at a bargain price. Still haven't made up my mind.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Might be a weird question, but as a fan of the Dark Cloud games and holding out hope that this might in fact be Dark Cloud 3 (anyone think it is?)[/QUOTE]
Judging from the review comments, I think the only real connection was the city micromanagement. Otherwise, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as Dark Cloud was. I was curious about people calling it Dark Cloud 3 as well, but it was never really addressed.

Can you make/find all the items for your GeoRama that are also available to be bought from the DLC section? If so, the DLC items feels like a waste of money unless you just want to develop your GeoRama faster.

Yep, the GeoRama DLC is very EA-esque. Everything there is available through normal play, the DLC just gives you a (large) jump on receiving it; also avoids some of the farming you might have to do to get certain items for the GeoRama items.

Thinking about getting the game soon, really dig the mmo like play.

What up with the online workshop and such? DO you need to buy it to get it? Purpose of it? Or get it through normal play as others mentioned above?

The online workshop is just to get items for the Georama, your online town. It's not necessary to use it, but I'm pretty sure you cannot get the items in it any other way. I'm in the last dungeon currently and cannot make any of those items. Some of the buildings/items in there tend to have slightly higher stats than the one you can make too.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The online workshop is just to get items for the Georama, your online town. It's not necessary to use it, but I'm pretty sure you cannot get the items in it any other way. I'm in the last dungeon currently and cannot make any of those items. Some of the buildings/items in there tend to have slightly higher stats than the one you can make too.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, thanks for clearing that up. I'll goozex it, feel free to add me, I'll add you guys sometime later. Hopefully I'll get the game this week.

I swear the online in ridiculously hard trying to solo. I tried to save the lost children in the cave and I was lvl 30 and the suggested lvl was 15+ and there were so many spiders i couldn't kill them all and keep the kids healed. That being said I'm definitely gonna need some of you guys to help me out with the online quests.

Oh shit, I have to save more children. What is it with online rpgs and saving lost children. Well I got my copy today. Haven't had a chance to play but I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I found that standing in one spot and waiting for respawn is a great way to farm big mobs such as the Direspiders under Greede if you're looking for a particular drop. grumble, grumble, direspider shells...

edit: seems to respawn about every 6-7 minutes. may not be the same for every monster tho; this 2x Direspider room seems to be consistently spawning at that interval tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my first quest online with a couple of people last night. It was the one where you have to fight the two trolls at the very end. I tried to do it myself the first time and was killed rather quickly. At this point I'm wondering if it'd be best to just go through the game and once I'm at a high enough level, then go back and do all the quests.

Oh, and I'm squareislife.Ville. I'll try to add everyone here later tonight.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I swear the online in ridiculously hard trying to solo. I tried to save the lost children in the cave and I was lvl 30 and the suggested lvl was 15+ and there were so many spiders i couldn't kill them all and keep the kids healed. That being said I'm definitely gonna need some of you guys to help me out with the online quests.[/QUOTE]
I just helped my buddy with this last night, he was 33ish and I'm 17 but can heal and support. We got an S rank.

Let me know when you want to try it.

Does anyone know the actual skill tree to get 'Placid Heart' for longswords? The official guide says you need swordsman 5>spirit breaker but I have both of those and it does not unlock placid heart. Apparently the guide is wrong. ~_~;

I have S rank on all the quests up until the last two for GR6. I tried doing some GR7 quests last night and the enemies are really hard compared to before.

[quote name='nekobi']Does anyone know the actual skill tree to get 'Placid Heart' for longswords? The official guide says you need swordsman 5>spirit breaker but I have both of those and it does not unlock placid heart. Apparently the guide is wrong. ~_~;[/QUOTE]

Going to assume Placid Heart is the one that gives AC with MP, according to http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2009/01/white-knight-chronicles-2-hand-sword.html You need Serpent Fang, Magic Breaker, and Spirit Breaker unlocked.

Edit: Yea, you need those 3 above, I just unlocked it on my own character

[quote name='Myv']Going to assume Placid Heart is the one that gives AC with MP, according to http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2009/01/white-knight-chronicles-2-hand-sword.html You need Serpent Fang, Magic Breaker, and Spirit Breaker unlocked.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch! :bouncy:

Another question for anyone who knows: Is there any real advantage to upgrade your town? Are items cheaper in your town compared to other peoples? Do you get anything for it? Just wondering as I'm trying to decide if I should wait to upgrade it and spend my money on other things now or what.

[quote name='nekobi']Is there any real advantage to upgrade your town? [/QUOTE]

No. It's pretty much that you can control what items you can purchase in your town. Also, some items in your town will produce items that you can harvest just like dungeons which is kind of nice, and also the residents will sometimes give you items, but that's not really useful enough to offset the cost.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I hear GR7 is where things get serious.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there were 3 of us and it took everything we had to beat the two trolls at the end of the first quest (after Boot Camp).

[quote name='nekobi']Thanks a bunch! :bouncy:

Another question for anyone who knows: Is there any real advantage to upgrade your town? Are items cheaper in your town compared to other peoples? Do you get anything for it? Just wondering as I'm trying to decide if I should wait to upgrade it and spend my money on other things now or what.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I think the community is built up pretty well, you can find a good GeoRama that someone already built and quest there and when you return from quest, talk to every NPC and look around for treasure!

Hmm...Okay that's what I figured. I guess I shall save my money for weapons and items now and make my town when I beat the game or something.

I wish the instructions had a bit more info in them. They seem pretty lacking. Same goes for the strategy guide. :/

One more question! (sorry!) Okay, does equipping armor (vs. cloth) on any character lower their speed? Is there any reason why I shouldn't just go with the armor with the highest DEF aside from the boost to RES on most of the robes and such?

Thanks for the answers to my questions, I am more and more tempted to at least give this game a try. One more question that concerns me, is it weird to play a character who is not a part of the main story? Seems like it might become boring. Is there a back story for your character at all? It seems like some sort of progression in the story even if on the cheesy side would be something to work towards.

[quote name='nekobi']One more question! (sorry!) Okay, does equipping armor (vs. cloth) on any character lower their speed? Is there any reason why I shouldn't just go with the armor with the highest DEF aside from the boost to RES on most of the robes and such?[/QUOTE]Yup.

There seems to be 3 levels (4 if you count no equipment).
Cloth has the fastest attack recharge time.
Mesh is next.
Plate is slowest.

So yeah, does play an important role.
When doing quests with my buddy he just removed all equipment to attack faster since the enemies were weak.
I use cloth on my bow/magic user.

k HUGE backlog now due to all these games coming out around the same time. WKC, Bayonetta (used), Bioshock 2, and Darksiders (apocalyptic for plat).

snow day tomorrow, so i'll try to finish up the story of wkc. im only level 22, but GR6.

wish you could trade in this game. i'm looking for a 4 strength 4 stam leather belt.

Is there much point to equiping plate armor? I have my Avatar decked out in full plate and a two handed sword with a bunch of HP+ and STR+ skill but it seems Leonard is still doing comparable damage without being slowed down by the heavy armor.

What's more, it doesn't seem to be reducing the damage I'm taking by all that much.

Is there a decent English wiki out there at all yet? Looking to do some armor farming tommorrow, and just wondering what mobs I need to be looking for.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Is there much point to equiping plate armor? I have my Avatar decked out in full plate and a two handed sword with a bunch of HP+ and STR+ skill but it seems Leonard is still doing comparable damage without being slowed down by the heavy armor.

What's more, it doesn't seem to be reducing the damage I'm taking by all that much.[/QUOTE]

I definately think the game would be much more enjoyable if things were explained to you.

Stats aren't explained, aside from the obvious ones, I didn't know that armor slowed you down until I read that on here, now my archer is a bit more enjoyable.

Finally managed to S-rank a GR7 quest last night (Boot Camp II). It was tough. It took 4 of us like 10 tries to do it. About time to start new game + so I can get the new items from chests.

lol I'm GR7 but i'm like level 28. I need to finish the main quest at the very least, I gained a lot of exp just playing the story.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I have $50 Amazon Video Game Credit should I buy This or Darksiders?[/QUOTE]

Do you like zelda or jrpg's more?

[quote name='Brownjohn']Do you like zelda or jrpg's more?[/QUOTE]

Pretty Equal, but i feel like ti FF13 coming out i will drop WKC before i ever finish it and by the time i will pick it up again it will be much cheaper. But that can apply to either game i guess.

If the two genre are equally as appealing, it probably comes down to the replay value of the 2. WKC has pretty high replay value and online co-op mode which is pretty fun, but it's also a pretty big grind fest if you want top tier gear.
I haven't played Darksiders yet but both games in terms of story is probably equal as well, WKC is pretty typical 'saving the princess' story and Darksiders' story seems pretty close to GoW2 'banished War God, looking for revenge/betrayal etc..'

Darksiders doesn't have much replay value, just like any Zelda game. WKC has a lot of replay value because of the multiplayer. Note that the game is a lot like an MMORPG, so if you like those kind of game, you should consider it.

Am I crazy or are Pygmy Greavers way more difficult than any of the other opponents in the Canyon? Especially since the game likes to two 2 at you at once.

This game sounds decent but I was hoping Level 5 would finally take what they did with Dark Cloud 2 and release a game with a lot more depth in the gameplay.

From what I've read, the combat is somewhat shallow, but still can be fun at times. If the price drops to $20-$30, I'll most likely pick up a copy at that time, since the online co-op sounds really fun.

It's too bad since I had really high hopes for this game when it was first announced.

The Pygmy Greavers are on par with the rest of the "giant" baddies I think. Cake, they just take an annoying amount of time to kill. =P

bread's done
Back