Why do so many gamers hate Sony?

[quote name='whoknows']Haze is exclusive, and Oblivion GOTY was exclusive for what? A month?

Also he listed Halo 1 and 2 which aren't 360 games.[/quote]

Haze has no appeal to me.

Halo 1 and 2 are Xbox games, and Halo 1 just became available for download on XBL. It's a game which belongs with the Xbox, be it a classic system or a 360.

Or: why purchase a gamecube at full retail when you can invest in a Wii and play cube games?

[quote name='vera']i really don't get it either. Sony has always done good and fine in my eyes. it does seem like a collection of reasons.. flavor of the week to hate the brand, bigots like meesterjojo who for some reason seem to think that all of sony is controlled by Japan and that they hate the "west".. like there isn't a of Sony of America.[/quote]

Why am I a bigot because I state that I prefer western-style games as they are relevant to my interests?

I've stated what sort of games I like, and what holds interest to me and my friends. I've stated that Value is relative, and in turn that (as should be obvious) everyones tastes are different.

At no point did I call you, or anyone else a name.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Haze has no appeal to me.

Halo 1 and 2 are Xbox games, and Halo 1 just became available for download on XBL. It's a game which belongs with the Xbox, be it a classic system or a 360.

Or: why purchase a gamecube at full retail when you can invest in a Wii and play cube games?[/QUOTE]
If you are going to count Xbox games why not also count every PS1/PS2 game?

I was refering to the strategy of the PS3 in particular. Of course the PS2 would naturally be catering to the PS2 crowd.

But I wasnt aware that they have any FIRST party projects on the thing, outside of expansions of Singstar maybe.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Hasn't Sony's been very good to gamers? They invested huge amounts of money into the gaming industry and helped advance its technology. They provided the competition, which drove quality up and prices down.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we love the old Sony.

Surely their business practices are no worse then those of Microsoft! Both Microsoft and Nintendo shafted their customers with their last gen consoles (forcing them to upgrade). Nintendo took out component from Gamecube to make Wii have "next-gen" graphics and then not allowed Wii's component cable to work on Gamecube...

Sony has some quality products out there and they invest heavily into gaming. Why is it so popular to hate them?

Sony has mostly shit products on the market, unless you buy from their high-end (and high priced) product lines, understand that.

Sonys PS3 one year later is now $200 cheaper than it was at launch...and what awesome software did I get to enjoy for that $200 premium with my launch system? Motorstorm, Resistance (which I still think sucks) and finally...Drakes Fortune.

Meanwhile the UI software is practically still in beta, it doesn't interface well with any of the games, chatting is a nightmare because most bluetooth headsets die after 2 hours of talking (seriously....what were they thinking?)..if you can even get chatting to work properly, etc, etc.

People are down on Sony due to high cost with almost nothing to show for it.

[quote name='whoknows']If you are going to count Xbox games why not also count every PS1/PS2 game?[/quote]

Because I no longer own either of those systems, and I do, however, own a 360.

Ta-da! Do try reading the thread before commenting :)

[quote name='meesterjojo']Why am I a bigot because I state that I prefer western-style games as they are relevant to my interests?

I've stated what sort of games I like, and what holds interest to me and my friends. I've stated that Value is relative, and in turn that (as should be obvious) everyones tastes are different.

At no point did I call you, or anyone else a name.[/quote]
i'm not attacking your taste in games - but your beginning comments were saturated with attacks towards sony because of the company's country of origin.

you said that sony price gouges the west and forces their "irrelevant games" on to us. irrelevant to you maybe.. it's not like they release these games to spite us. and there is an obvious market for them.. just because you're not in it doesn't make it irrelevant.

so if sony hates us by "price gouging" wouldn't that mean that microsoft hates the world for releasing a console that makes me feel like i'm playing russian roulette everytime i turn it on?

I'm not going to enter into any debates with other responses here, but I will comment on the OP's question.

There's a few things to consider. The easiest to attack is the arrogance of Sony as of late. I want to stress "of late," because no one was upset about it prior to the PS3. I don't know if it wasn't there with the PS1/2, or if everyone simply ignored it, or if it wasn't reported, or whatever, but the point is that a lot of execs lately walked around prior to the PS3's release and talked about how "oh it's so awesome you'll take a second job" and the like. Generally, that only bites you in the ass if your performance doesn't measure up. And right now, the PS3 isn't selling as well as all that big talk would have liked. I think we all remember Tretton's (Trenton? I can never remember) bold comment about how he'd shell out $1200 for each PS3 you can find on the shelves.

So part of it is a reaction to that haughty, "we're smarter than you and you'll do what we tell you" attitude. Nintendo did it in grand, grand ways in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and it continued until Yamauchi's reign (like an emotionally bitter emperor, he was). When you act like you've got big balls resting on your entire fanbase, at some point people start to think "good god, there's giant balls resting on my head."

After the arrogance, though, it becomes more dilluted and cloudy. Some people hate Sony because they are technically in third place. I say technically because it's hard to really say at the moment unless we go by pure hardware sales, and that's not wholly fair. Another reason might have to do with software being delayed, not being received as well critically, and generally not living up to expectations.

Maybe it has to do with the constant hardware changes, the fickle obsession/dismissal of backwards compatability, and the "whenever WE do something, it is AWESOME, and if anyone else did it BEFORE us, it was a gimmick, and if they do it AFTER us, they are copying" mentality, especially when they brutally attacked motion control as nothing, only to add it in later.

Might also have to do with things like lying about how "we can't fit in rumble" when you clearly can. Or the insistence that "our system will last 10 years and be INCREDIBLE in ten years," when everyone is so hot to see the good stuff now now now.

The overall point is that there are some legitimate reasons to be upset with Sony. There's also some invalid ones - it's human nature to like to see the king toppled every once and a while, and that seems to be what is happening right now. Same thing happened with Nintendo and the N64, and even though that particular system made money for Nintendo, people still said it was a failure and gave Nintendo a lot of hatred.

In the end, it's hard to quantify the good things Sony has done versus the bad. Kind of like how it is difficult to do the same for Walmart. On the one hand, they deliver lots of cheap products to a large group of people in order to help give them a better quality of life. But on the other hand, Walmart destroys small businesses, illegally hires immigrants, doesn't give benefits, locks people into their stores at night, etc etc etc.

The point is that if you like Sony, that's fine. But you have to be aware of the things they've done to earn their disapproval. Nintendo and Microsoft fans - I assure you - get just as much flak as Sony fans. It doesn't matter that all three companies have done legitimately good things for the industry. They've all done things that will be poorly received, and it seems that the gamer set is full of embittered runts who like to hold onto grudges.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Why am I a bigot because I state that I prefer western-style games as they are relevant to my interests?

At no point did I call you, or anyone else a name.[/quote]

I wouldn't say bigot but your statements don't make sense. You say you only like western themed-games and thats the reason why you don't like sony, but you mentioned Katamari as one of the 360 exclusives that you were interested in. That game is about as japanese as you can get, and the series started on PS2.

[quote name='vera']i'm not attacking your taste in games - but your beginning comments were saturated with attacks towards sony because of the company's country of origin.

you said that sony price gouges the west and forces their "irrelevant games" on to us. irrelevant to you maybe.. it's not like they release these games to spite us. and there is an obvious market for them.. just because you're not in it doesn't make it irrelevant.

so if sony hates us by "price gouging" wouldn't that mean that microsoft hates the world for releasing a console that makes me feel like i'm playing russian roulette everytime i turn it on?[/quote]

Please read everything before commenting- we've already covered relevancy/invidual likes and dislikes, why are you attacking me based on my preferences, which were clearly stated?

My attacks on the country of origin? If the truth is an attack on a country, then so be it- Fact: Sony releases consoles and games cheaper in Japan/Asia than in America. Fact: Sony releases more titles which are Eastern in nature than first party titles which are Western in nature. For example, look at a the difference between a Japanese RPG and a Western one: Final Fantasy vs. Oblivion. I'm not asking which you prefer, but to look at the differences as an example.

It's not like I stated something like: "The Japanese have a history of producing games in which underage children use piles of shit, piss, and vomit as a weapon to defeat enemies". Now that *MIGHT* be a biggoted statement on my part...except it's true, they did for the TG-16.

Now, let me take a little side step here, if I were to say "Those slope bastards" or maybe even "Those Oriental overlords" but I didn't.

I think the best thing for you would be to go to www.m-w.com and look up some of these worse you're using.

As for price gouging- Sony does, as stated above. They're not the only ones, but stating a fact is not making a biggoted remark on my part. And as for your dislike of M$, I'm almost positive, almost, you could have come up with a better way to express it than you did. Seriously, are you a professional Troll, or do you have some point to make?

[quote name='Thomas96']all of Sony negative problems started when they announced that the PS3 was going to be 600 dollars.[/quote]

Their problems started when they decided to shoehorn in unecessary Bluray tech into their new game console, thus making the new console prohibitively expensive.

During the PS2 era, Sony's Playstation division was the biggest (only) moneymaker for the company. So they decided to leverage that success to help launch a new media format. They comprimised their videogame success to help their floundering consumer electronics division, and so far it hasnt worked.

Sony hitched their thoroughbred Playstation horse to a legacy of failed proprietary media formats. Betamax. Minidisc. UMD. Bluray?

Gmaers who just wanted to play the next, newest playstation console resented being forced to pay a premium and adopt some new tech they may not even care about.

Gamers dont want a 'do everything home media hub ina box' to take over their livingrooms. They want a great videogame console that plays kickass videogames. Sony failed to provide that and now they are struggling.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Because I no longer own either of those systems, and I do, however, own a 360.

Ta-da! Do try reading the thread before commenting :)[/QUOTE]
Point is we were talking about 360 exclusives and Halo 1 and 2 are NOT 360 exclusives, they are Xbox exclusives. Just because they can be played on the 360 does not make them exclusive.

[quote name='mrlokievil']I wouldn't say bigot but your statements don't make sense. You say you only like western themed-games and thats the reason why you don't like sony, but you mentioned Katamari as one of the 360 exclusives that you were interested in. That game is about as japanese as you can get, and the series started on PS2.[/quote]

Sorry, I included 1 game which did interest me which is eastern in nature. Forgive me not stopping to leave a side-note at the time.

Beyond that is there anything else I can clarify?

Honestly, I would hope that people would be able to, I dunno, "read between the lines", but I suppose too that society nowadays needs to be lead by the hands, told what to do, where to go. So please, folks, tell me where I can take you?

[quote name='Puffa469']Their problems started when they decided to shoehorn in unecessary Bluray tech into their new game console, thus making the new console prohibitively expensive.[/QUOTE]
Isn't blu-ray part of the reason UT3 is coming out on the PS3 before the 360?

[quote name='whoknows']Point is we were talking about 360 exclusives and Halo 1 and 2 are NOT 360 exclusives, they are Xbox exclusives. Just because they can be played on the 360 does not make them exclusive.[/quote]

Sigh, they're Xbox exclusives which can be played on your 360.

Really, see my last post- ya'll really need to start "thinking beyond your noses"/reading between the lines a little.

It's like ya'll are really trying to dig hard, but not deep, to find fault. You get hung up on 1 thing, and you use it as some shining symbol of justification: "HA HA I got him now!"

[quote name='whoknows']Isn't blu-ray part of the reason UT3 is coming out on the PS3 before the 360?[/quote]

Not if the PC version is out on DVDs before either of them.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Sigh, they're Xbox exclusives which can be played on your 360.

Really, see my last post- ya'll really need to start "thinking beyond your noses"/reading between the lines a little.

It's like ya'll are really trying to dig hard, but not deep, to find fault. You get hung up on 1 thing, and you use it as some shining symbol of justification: "HA HA I got him now!"[/QUOTE]
Backwards compatible games don't count as exclusives, I don't know why you can't understand that, if they did the PS3 would be the greatest system ever, but they don't.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Not if the PC version is out on DVDs before either of them.[/QUOTE]
How many DVD's is it on? I can't imagine playing UT3 on a console and having to change discs.

Besides, you install it on a PC, you aren't actually playing it off the disc, so that argument is irrelevant.

[quote name='whoknows']Isn't blu-ray part of the reason UT3 is coming out on the PS3 before the 360?[/quote]

Not from what Ive read. UT3 is coming to PS3 first because thats the format Epic concentrated development on because its an 'open' format, more like PC, where user created content and mods will be free and easily implimented. Epic doesnt like Microsofts pay per download, everything must be pre-approved controls over Live content.

Thats one of the things I like about the PS3.

I havent seen any example of a game on bluray that couldnt be done just as well on a DVD, or multiple DVDs.

Bluray has more storage, but PS3 has half the memory of the 360, so there are bottlenecks that seem to prevent the benefits of blurays massive storahe from ever coming to fruition.

[quote name='whoknows']Backwards compatible games don't count as exclusives, I don't know why you can't understand that, if they did the PS3 would be the greatest system ever, but they don't.[/quote]

If I can play it on my system, and another manufacturers series cannot, then it's fairly exclusive. I see what you're saying though, but your assertion that the PS3 would be the greatest system ever is still subjective. I feel the TurboDUO would be the greatest system ever: huge number of games, a lot of which were CD based RPG's, and backwards compatable with every. single. one of the TG-16 games. That's a lot of games.

Yea verily- I'm a huge TurboDUO fan, which if you're keen, you'll find humor in because of my previous statements regarding a preference for western themes.

[quote name='whoknows']How many DVD's is it on? I can't imagine playing UT3 on a console and having to change discs.

Besides, you install it on a PC, you aren't actually playing it off the disc, so that argument is irrelevant.[/quote]

It may work the same way on the PS3. Since all PS3's have a hdd (a great move on Sonys part, and a definite misstep for Microsoft), the game may very well save a bunch of its content to the hdd, and merely require you to have the game disc in the drive to play.

Thats how the last UT for the PC worked. I had the SIX cd version, and once installed, I only needed to have disc one in the drive to play, to verify that I had a physical copy of the game.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Please read everything before commenting- we've already covered relevancy/invidual likes and dislikes, why are you attacking me based on my preferences, which were clearly stated?

My attacks on the country of origin? If the truth is an attack on a country, then so be it- Fact: Sony releases consoles and games cheaper in Japan/Asia than in America. Fact: Sony releases more titles which are Eastern in nature than first party titles which are Western in nature. For example, look at a the difference between a Japanese RPG and a Western one: Final Fantasy vs. Oblivion. I'm not asking which you prefer, but to look at the differences as an example.

It's not like I stated something like: "The Japanese have a history of producing games in which underage children use piles of shit, piss, and vomit as a weapon to defeat enemies". Now that *MIGHT* be a biggoted statement on my part...except it's true, they did for the TG-16.

Now, let me take a little side step here, if I were to say "Those slope bastards" or maybe even "Those Oriental overlords" but I didn't.

I think the best thing for you would be to go to www.m-w.com and look up some of these worse you're using.

As for price gouging- Sony does, as stated above. They're not the only ones, but stating a fact is not making a biggoted remark on my part. And as for your dislike of M$, I'm almost positive, almost, you could have come up with a better way to express it than you did. Seriously, are you a professional Troll, or do you have some point to make?[/quote]

I do not have a personal vendetta towards MS (i own all three next gen consoles and still use my original xbox for xbmc). it just seems like you're favoring one and bashing the other for not much of a good reason. branding it as a blight for whatever reason. i understand it's your own opinion - but your comments do shine with ignorance.

and the only reason why i used the word bigot, like i said in my other post, is because your posts were attacking it because it releases japanese related games and that japan hates the west.

[quote name='Puffa469']It may work the same way on the PS3. Since all PS3's have a hdd (a great move on Sonys part, and a definite misstep for Microsoft), the game may very well save a bunch of its content to the hdd, and merely require you to have the game disc in the drive to play.

Thats how the last UT for the PC worked. I had the SIX cd version, and once installed, I only needed to have disc one in the drive to play, to verify that I had a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]
The standard HDD was a great move, I'm surprised MS didn't do it. I mean, they did it with the Xbox and then didn't make it standard with the 360? Kinda a weird choice.

As far as PC games go I remember having to install FEAR off 5 discs.

Good times :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']If you are going to count Xbox games why not also count every PS1/PS2 game?[/quote]

Because 40 GB PS3s dont support those games.

[quote name='meesterjojo']If I can play it on my system, and another manufacturers series cannot, then it's fairly exclusive.[/quote]

PS1 and PS2 games arent 'exclusive' to the PS3 because you can play them on a PS2. A system which costs 1/4th of what the PS3 costs. You cant count those games cos you dont need a PS3 to play them.

Counting BC games may or may not make the PS3 the greatest system ever, but it certainly gives it the largest library of any system ever.

[quote name='whoknows']The standard HDD was a great move, I'm surprised MS didn't do it. I mean, they did it with the Xbox and then didn't make it standard with the 360? Kinda a weird choice.

As far as PC games go I remember having to install FEAR off 5 discs.

Good times :lol:[/quote]

Yeah the fact that original Xbox had a HDD standard and the 360 doesnt boggles the mind.

This fact is definitely one of developers biggest knocks against 360 development.

Unfortunately the sad truth is that none of consoles (or the PC) are perfect, and we can debate the pros and cons of all of them till the sun comes up. In the end it comes down to which games you like best I guess. In a perfect world everyone would all have all the consoles, and we could play whatever we wanted. :D

They don't have achievements. I just can't enough gold motherfuckin' stars, man.

All kidding aside, who the fuck cares what other gamers think?

igotchabitchm.jpg

:B

[quote name='hcamacho']Because they Killed the dreamcast with just one word HYPE!!!![/quote]
And superior software/hardware

[quote name='whoknows']How many DVD's is it on? I can't imagine playing UT3 on a console and having to change discs.

Besides, you install it on a PC, you aren't actually playing it off the disc, so that argument is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]
It's one DVD, so no, Blu-Ray is not the future.

[quote name='meesterjojo']If I can play it on my system, and another manufacturers series cannot, then it's fairly exclusive. I see what you're saying though, but your assertion that the PS3 would be the greatest system ever is still subjective. I feel the TurboDUO would be the greatest system ever: huge number of games, a lot of which were CD based RPG's, and backwards compatable with every. single. one of the TG-16 games. That's a lot of games.

Yea verily- I'm a huge TurboDUO fan, which if you're keen, you'll find humor in because of my previous statements regarding a preference for western themes.[/quote]

And that right there killed your argument about sony only releasing eastern games. there is no way you can like a system that is almost entirely japanese and then hate another because of it. You can, however, not like a system because the games didn't appeal to you; which i think is what you're going for. You should have just stated that. And the majority of first party sony games are made to appeal to eastern and western audiences, it's the 3rd parties that mainly did eastern games. Also, almost the entire industry used to be japanese.

ps. Halo 1 and 2 can be played on pc, while that still makes them console exclusives, but you can't really use them for this argument.

[quote name='Rozz']And superior software/hardware[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree, when the ps2 launched it was at more than a year later that the ps2 proved it was a better system than the DC, and power does not warranty success as proven by the fate of the first xbox and now the wii...

[quote name='hcamacho']Completely disagree, when the ps2 launched it was at more than a year later that the ps2 proved it was a better system than the DC, and power does not warranty success as proven by the fate of the first xbox and now the wii...[/quote]

SSX was better than anything on the DC at launch.

If you think inferior hardware is a good thing then I don't know what to say about that....

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I laugh at what your idea of gaming is about, granted I don't play my personal alone time premium/hardcore gaming hours on my Wii at all, but to call it an interactive board game is just disingenuous.[/QUOTE]

The Wii is mostly a bunch of minigames, Mario party 8, Wii sports, Wii play, cooking mama, and yes there are some games for the hardcore, Mario, Metroid. Look at Wii fit... just another bunch of mini games to enjoy. Nothing wrong with that... as long as people are having fun w/ the console, that's all that matters. I'm going to get a Wii and I'm going to enjoy it.

People need to stop hating on consoles, if you prefer one over another, then that's fine, but don't dislike one, just to justify your love for another. I like the PS3 controller, that's why its my main console.

One thing about the Wii baffles me.. The Wii w/ its wii mote got people to pick up and play games, (non-gamers) I don't believe that the controller alone is what made people flock to the system in droves. But I'm going to give it shot and enjoy the system, for whatever it is.. console, or interactive boardgame.

I definitely don't hate Sony. I love my PS2 (and my PS1 when I had it), but I just don't want a PS3. Or their overpriced electronics.

"600 US Dollars" is why everyone hates Sony, compounded by the fact that Sony followed it up with statements other than "Oh here, let me lower that price for you."

I should probably hate Sony because they helped to destroy my favorite console maker, Sega (I say helped because Sega was pretty good at destroying themselves), but I don't because I like the games that I played on the PS1, the PS2, and now the PS3. Some people cite arrogance as a valid reason but when did anyone expect a huge company to be humble especially after the success of the PS1 and PS2? I'm no business major but it's probably a major no-no to be humble in business.

Also, I don't understand why there should be any emotion at all when it comes to a certain company. You don't like the games, don't like the price, don't like the color of the console, whatever, just don't buy it, end of story. The emotion of "hate" should only be reserved for Nazis, KKK members, terrorists, and meter maids. Life's too short to waste it on anything else.

Lastly, I'm a little disappointed that JRPGs, which used to be almost exclusive to Sony's systems, are now more prevalent on the 360 (i.e. Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and even Culdcept Saga). I bought a PS3 because of B/C and because Sony owns the rights to two of my favorite JRPGs, Wild Arms and Arc the Lad, which I expect next-gen sequels to at some point. Now Microsoft is putting out RPGs and on the PS3 RPGs are nowhere to be found. My point is that while I don't hate Sony, they are definitely squandering opportunities left and right, which Microsoft and Nintendo are taking advantage of. Some people might think that JRPGs are niche and Sony should continue focusing on more popular genres like action (Uncharted), platforming (Ratchet), racing (Motorstorm), or FPS (Resistance) but let's not forget what FFVII and FFX did for Sony's system sales. Sony can't afford to wait until 2009 or whenever FFXIII finally comes out. They need more variety in their lineup, like the 360 has, which includes RPGs.

[quote name='zewone']It's one DVD, so no, Blu-Ray is not the future.[/QUOTE]
Somehow I don't think it's possible to run it off a DVD without installing it on the PC first.

If I'm wrong though feel free to correct me.

[quote name='Rozz']Because 40 GB PS3s dont support those games.[/QUOTE]
Is the 360 Core BC?

[quote name='mykevermin']'tis now the Arcade.

And it comes with a memory card, so yes, it is BC.[/QUOTE]
My mistake :p

And that just shows that before the 360 wasn't always BC.

Besides, someone can't really complain about the 40gb not being BC when there are 3 other models that are.

They can, and they will. If someone's price ceiling is $400, and they insist on BC, I don't blame them. I do think they should recognize that such a hardware configuration isn't going to happen overnight, and pray to their little deity(s) that PS3 sales trend remain where they are at...because that's the proper scenario for a price drop that suits their needs.

Dropping BC is well and good (better than limiting it via software emulation, IMO), as it creates a clear divide (one that is fuzzy when you think will PS2 Game X play on the 60GB, 80GB, or both?). It may not be what people want.

I, for one, am enjoying the "arrogance" discussions, as if it's a personal affront that a consumer electronics company is domineering, spins facts at best and lies at worst, and rarely, if ever, admits mistakes. IMO, the $600 pricepoint created a post-hoc consideration of Sony as arrogant; one that would not be there if they could have swallowed the revenue losses had they launched at $400. That's pretty much it, IMO. People said "$600? fuck off!" and followed this up with creating a satisfying backstory about Sony's arrogance. All the "online sucks" and "PS3 has no games" crap was just to remain cognitively consistent. The major catalyst that changed everything was the pricepoint of the PS3.

[quote name='mykevermin']They can, and they will. If someone's price ceiling is $400, and they insist on BC, I don't blame them. I do think they should recognize that such a hardware configuration isn't going to happen overnight, and pray to their little deity(s) that PS3 sales trend remain where they are at...because that's the proper scenario for a price drop that suits their needs.

Dropping BC is well and good (better than limiting it via software emulation, IMO), as it creates a clear divide (one that is fuzzy when you think will PS2 Game X play on the 60GB, 80GB, or both?). It may not be what people want.

I, for one, am enjoying the "arrogance" discussions, as if it's a personal affront that a consumer electronics company is domineering, spins facts at best and lies at worst, and rarely, if ever, admits mistakes. IMO, the $600 pricepoint created a post-hoc consideration of Sony as arrogant; one that would not be there if they could have swallowed the revenue losses had they launched at $400. That's pretty much it, IMO. People said "$600? fuck off!" and followed this up with creating a satisfying backstory about Sony's arrogance. All the "online sucks" and "PS3 has no games" crap was just to remain cognitively consistent. The major catalyst that changed everything was the pricepoint of the PS3.[/QUOTE]
That's your theory.

bread's done
Back