Wii Freeloader in the works

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'][...]all the GC Freeloader copies shipping out now will work with the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Until NoE does a firmware update that disables them as well. ;)

Awesome. In for the One Piece game, probably the new Naruto, and maybe Bleach (despite IGN's hate on it). Thanks for the info.

Yup, awesome!

I have a new GC freeloader in coming from PlayAsia that will work on the Wii, so that's good news.

I never imported anything until I imported Electroplankton for the DS (long before it was confirmed for a US release). But since then I'm imported 2 systems (both DSs ;) ), and currently own 3 import games. The problem with imports is they tend to be just so expensive. Yet, the Wii will undoubetdly have cool stuff that we'll never see Stateside.

[quote name='UncleBob']Until NoE does a firmware update that disables them as well. ;)[/quote]Yeah, the problem with this generation as opposed to previous ones is the dynamic nature of the OS. Question becomes how intrusive the method is. They probably won't prevent you from playing NHL 94 or whatever the Freeloader pretended to be, but they might be able to stop some other part of the procedure. If they really care.

[quote name='UncleBob']Until NoE does a firmware update that disables them as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, NOA can update the firmware to reject the freeloader, then people are screwed.

well, I suppose we could always not use the internets if we are worried about updates killing something, unless they start putting them on game discs.

[quote name='UncleBob']Until NoE does a firmware update that disables them as well. ;)[/quote]
NoE doesn't think many people import, so they probably wouldn't try to block the use of any new Freeloaders. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']NoE doesn't think many people import, so they probably wouldn't try to block the use of any new Freeloaders. ;)[/QUOTE]
the problem is that it could lead to priacy. I mean with the gamecube freeloader you can run some homebrew.

[quote name='62t']the problem is that it could lead to priacy. I mean with the gamecube freeloader you can run some homebrew.[/quote]
The Freeloader doesn't need to be around that for that be likely to happen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Freeloader doesn't need to be around that for that be likely to happen.[/QUOTE]
but it is enough of a factor for nintendo to block freeloader wvth firmware update

A Freeloader for the Wii is definitely a good thing. Hopefully we'll get a similar solution on the Xbox 360 sometime soon...

bread's done
Back