Wii Point Card Giveway - no catch, signup needed. (Daily contest)

[quote name='WiiGame']take the trivia, but don't anwser the 10th and final question until 10-15 minutes after you've anwsered the first nine.

cause i mean c'mon, i'll never win. [/quote]

I thoght you won once?

Man I totally forgot about the trivia last night. I had just rented End of Evangelion from Netflix so I was re-watching back through some of the episodes to remind myself what was going on , and then I realized it was about 9:30. So I went to the site and it said "The trivia contest is over tonight , come back again monday". Damn.

The LPW promo has been changed to a free* 10 day trial of Advantage Language (http://www.advantagelanguage.com). It's a free* trial that costs $6.95 for US residents in shipping and handling.

Cancellation policy:
As a result of placing an order we will be sending you a 10-day free trial (see Canadian Resident Exceptions below if applicable) of your selected Advantage Language course. You will receive a combination of audio and multimedia CDs for review. In addition, you will also receive the WordPoint Instant Translator software and a PC Microphone as a BONUS gift. If during your free trial you are not completely satisfied with the program, simply call our customer service department and send back the trial shipment with no further obligation. However, if you choose to continue with this comprehensive course, we will conveniently bill your credit card $79.95 (see Canadian Resident Exceptions below if applicable) for the Beginner Level Lesson Pack. Each month you will continue receiving progressive lesson packs for just $79.95 (see Canadian Resident Exceptions below if applicable) per month until you have completed your language course. You can cancel the Advantage Language course at any time without further obligation by calling our customer service department at 866-809-8255 or 928-226-9074. A cancellation number must be obtained at the time of this call to ensure proper processing.
I think I'll be passing on this one, personally.

doh, an auto-bill like that is to much to deal with - i agree. i saw some messages about the promo being on hold this weekend too. hopefully this is just a crappy one until they find a new website/sponsor/partner or whatever to work with. i guess at least they have a phone number though. i didn't like just sending an email and trusting it would get canceled like on one of their old promos. i just feel better talking to a real person.

That was insane. I ran through 7 questions, no sweat. hit the question about what instrument didn't appear in a Zelda game, got slammed to a halt. I didn't know bongos =/= drums(Majora's mask right? The goron?). Managed to get through to the end. Absolute love and props to CAG for the contest and to the OP for bringing the site to us. Thanks.

Yeah, that was stupid .. Handhelds and then a Wii CPU question. Didn't surprise me though with the way they're running the contest though.

Completely guessed on the Wii CPU question, but I figured from process of elimination that it would be a fascinating name. Broadway and something else.

Didn't they say in the forums that this would be general nintendo today?

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:03:51 PM »
Yep, Tomorrow is going to be about the handhelds. After that we'll either do a everything/general nintendo night or GameCube.

Dunno, but the "PS" for todays said "handhelds"
I don't see a link to their forums on their website either, unless you still have it from their prior contest.

Yeah, I got to question 8 and someone was done. Hell, I didn't even miss one (I must have slow hands).

The front page did say Portables, so I was expecting that. It seems that maybe have been a holdover from Friday...?

somebody named rikari won. if my naruto knowledge is correct... that means lightning blade...lol..

i forgot about the contest today. Heroes is on

This is very strange. The code was inputted, but it was claimed already "redeemed." I'm guessing this is related to the issue of the holdover from friday or something. I've sent a message through their site and on the boards, I hope I receive an answer soon.

[quote name='WiiGame']somebody named rikari won. if my naruto knowledge is correct... that means lightning blade...lol..

i forgot about the contest today. Heroes is on[/QUOTE]

I recorded Heroes and played the trivia...of course I didn't win though...I'm pretty embarrassed. The question I got wrong was about Super Mario RPG :(

Thank you DVR!

[quote name='quadomatic']I recorded Heroes and played the trivia...of course I didn't win though...I'm pretty embarrassed. The question I got wrong was about Super Mario RPG :(

Thank you DVR![/QUOTE]
I don't know if I can take another season of Heroes. Constant cliff-hangers. Maybe I'll just skip them all until the series ends and watch them back to back on DVD in a couple years.

Tonight it actually says that it is going to be general nintendo stuff.

When you complete, the code is locked to the winner. Even if you leave the page, then return, for about 30 minutes, the code will still be there in case you lose it. Then it'll go away. You can wait to claim the code.

Also, the customer support is AMAZING. After emailing them about the points issue, within 3 hours, they responded, investigated, and then sent me another card. Fantastic, amazing, great service. I sound like a salesman, but they are great people.

Good luck on the contest tonight!

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Stumped on the Final Fantasy question. :/[/quote]

Those screenshot questions are ridiculous.

How the heck am I supposed to be able to tell the difference between a screenshot from the Nes Mega Man games? They all look the exact same!

Arrgh. I was close, too.

Megaman was a bit difficult, but it seemed a bit plain, so I went with the original, which was right.

The FFIV one was supposed to be determined from the fact that it looked like Kain. It probably threw people off that they said FFIV instead of FFII, which is what the american players are used to IIRC.

Omg, I knew like every question without Googling/Wikipedia..ing. except I started a minute late because I was watching Blades of Glory in fullscreen. Shhhhhiz.

Piston for Punch-Out, I luckily guessed the Elf name for Gauntlet, 2630's for Contra, Howard and Nester for the comic... I think those were the only hard ones.

[quote name='darth007']Piston for Punch-Out, I luckily guessed the Elf name for Gauntlet, 2630's for Contra, Howard and Nester for the comic... I think those were the only hard ones.[/quote]

So do you actually just know all that stuff or you got luck or are good at quick researching?

That took way too long for me to do. Apparently, I am not as well versed on my Nintendo trivia as I thought I was. I had just reached the fourth question around the time darth had won.

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']So do you actually just know all that stuff or you got luck or are good at quick researching?[/QUOTE]

All of the above man. I had to look up the Contra one, I knew the Howard and Nester comic, then I guessed the other 2.

EDIT: WTF the code's been redeemed already. Not this problem again...

Ahh thanks man. Yep its in my email. Now I swear I won't play this trivia again. I mean I'll still play for the hell of it cause its fun but if someone hasn't won by the time I reach question 10 I'll wait 5 minutes.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Man, you won agaaaaaain? Can't you let some of us have a chance for once?! Gosh![/QUOTE]
Nah I feel like hoarding the points to myself. I got some Fatwallet/Slickdeals blood in me. The points are all mine from now on. Your reign is over Iowaholdem! HAHA j/k... fuck FW and SD.

So hopefully one of you CAGs out there win tomorrow. By the way, when I do this trivia I have Wikipedia opened in another tab for reference. It helps a lot. It's also good to have trivial Nintendo knowledge.

Arghhhh!!! I was on Question 10 when they announced the winner! Damn today was brutal. I was SO CLOSE! D'oh! Congrats to the winner though. Well done!

[quote name='darth007']Damn that was hard... congrats b-man. I was on 9 when you won.[/quote]

I thought you said you were stepping back for awhile.

bread's done
Back