Wii Points

Phantasy Star IV is a great RPG you can get on the Virtual console and its one of my favorite RPGs.

Also Fantasy Fantasy VI, but not sure if that on there or not.

You also got Secret of Mana which is another great RPG and Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire II which are two really good RPGs.

I think the reason Chrono Trigger is not on there is cause of the DS Remake for it. But then again Final Fantasy IV is on there and there was a DS Remake of Final Fantasy IV as well....

You don't buy stuff on the Nintendo Channel, instead use the Wii Shop Channel. That's a minor detail though - probably what you meant to say.

What is worth buying? Depends on what you like.

If retro RPGs are your thing (based on the comment about Chrono Trigger) then I would recommend downloading the Phantasy Star titles from Sega Genesys. Very good series overall, but one that seems kind of forgotten. You can also get Final Fantasy II on Super Nintendo, and then get Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on WiiWare which is a continuation of that same game (using the original Japanese numbering instead of the odd US numbering). After that, you might want to check out Super Mario RPG (SNES), Paper Mario (N64), the Breath of Fire series (SNES), Ys Book I & II, Secret of Mana, and Beyond Oasis.

There are many other great games... but you haven't given much to work with other than a desire for classic RPG titles. Hopefully this helps get you started.

Like I always say with these 'recommend me stuff' threads:

Without knowing what you are interested in, it is impossible to recommend you anything with, at the very least, a shred of a clue that you will enjoy it.

We can suggest tons of items that we find interesting and still not give a recommendation that you like.

Check out the free demos that have finally started showing up. A paltry amount of them, but it's better then nothing. Hopefully they'll eventually wake up and decide to put demos up for everything, but I suppose that's unlikely. Oh well.

Sorry, I was trying to find Chrono Trigger type games when i made the initial post. Ejamer hit at what I was going for. Thanks for everyones input.

bread's done
Back