Wii Remote/nunchuck silicone skins, $3.60 + free ship

Doylerulez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Didn't find anything with a quick search.
https://www.summitimage.com/c-66-nintendo-wii-accessories.aspx

60% off all Wii Accessories with Free Shipping
Coupon Code: WII60OFF

Regular Price: $22.99
Instant Rebate: -$14.00
On Sale For: $8.99
60% off coupon: -$5.39
FREE SHIPPING: 0.00
-----------------------------------------------
Total: $3.60

They also have a Wii component cable for $7.60 shipped using the code. I've never ordered from them before, so not sure how reliable they are.

Edit:Update, site was down for a while, so if it doesn't open up, you may want to try back later.

credit dbagmagee at SD.

Is anyone else STILL waiting on these? I was notified that they shipped a week ago Thursday night. The usps tracking has only said "electronic shipping info received" this whole time.... shaq-fu-ing post office...

[quote name='catapult37']Is anyone else STILL waiting on these? I was notified that they shipped a week ago Thursday night. The usps tracking has only said "electronic shipping info received" this whole time.... shaq-fu-ing post office...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am in the same boat as you. I emailed them about it and they just gave me my tracking number again. Hopefully I get them soon.

[quote name='catapult37']Is anyone else STILL waiting on these? I was notified that they shipped a week ago Thursday night. The usps tracking has only said "electronic shipping info received" this whole time.... shaq-fu-ing post office...[/quote]

Me too. I don't "need" them right away though.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']still waiting........those who got it...how long did it take after you placed your order?[/quote]

I ordered Saturday March 19th, received them Monday March 28th.

I ordered the red and blue. The red is really bright, like a Cherry Jolly Rancher. It looks great. It smelled bad when I took it out of the package, but I washed it and it doesn't smell at all now.

It's thinner than the ones available in stores now, but it is so much easier to put on. I got the skin on the remote within 5 seconds. Feels good, works well, and is a terrific value for the money. If I didn't have two of the other kind, I'd order two more.

Hmm, I was thinking about this today too. It's refreshing hearing people say they did recieve their orders...but I'm almost positive I still have not recieved any notification, unless it was just a random PayPal shipment e-mail and I didn't know what it was for. Gahh...I ordered black & yellow skins, I think the black one is on backorder or something :(

Says mine shipped on March 22nd....but still haven't got it yet...

Tried to track it but USPS just says they've been notified to expect my package but haven't received it yet... :cry:

[quote name='thegame1921']Says mine shipped on March 22nd....but still haven't got it yet...

Tried to track it but USPS just says they've been notified to expect my package but haven't received it yet... :cry:[/quote]

I think a lot of us are in that same boat. Can't wait to try them out though. I keep seeing friends have them slip out of their hands. At least I have convinced them to use the writst straps.

Those skins seem pretty useless to me. If you use the wrist strap, there should be no problems. I have only seen a controller slip once... and nothing happened because of the wrist strap. But still, at 3.60, what have I to lose?

[quote name='linkpwns']Those skins seem pretty useless to me. If you use the wrist strap, there should be no problems. I have only seen a controller slip once... and nothing happened because of the wrist strap. But still, at 3.60, what have I to lose?[/quote]

i still havent gotten mine...

[quote name='linkpwns']Those skins seem pretty useless to me. If you use the wrist strap, there should be no problems. [/quote]

I concur about their functionality, I've never had a throwing problem when the wrist stap is on.

However, I like them just because they're colored so I can tell my wiimotes apart. I have the weird need to use the same controller everytime I play...

[quote name='thegame1921']I concur about their functionality, I've never had a throwing problem when the wrist stap is on.

However, I like them just because they're colored so I can tell my wiimotes apart. I have the weird need to use the same controller everytime I play...[/quote]

Same here...I labeled my controllers 1 and 2 until I get the covers. ;) :lol:

[quote name='linkpwns']Those skins seem pretty useless to me. If you use the wrist strap, there should be no problems. I have only seen a controller slip once... and nothing happened because of the wrist strap. But still, at 3.60, what have I to lose?[/quote]

There's two things that they actually do.

One is that if you tend to get sweaty hands, they provide a better grip. I'm not afraid of the remote sliding away, but I don't notice any sweatiness issues with the gloves, whereas with just the mote, I at least notice.

The other is that they keep the remotes clean. They're white and they have a seam down the middle of both the remote and the chuck. After a few months -- sooner if you have kids that use your Wii -- that will look disgusting. The skins you can wash and dry in a minute.

Apart from that, they make it really easy to see which remote is which, even when turned off. And the red one is really sweet.

[quote name='Knoxximus']How do you wash 'em? Like, with dish soap in the sink, or throw them in with your clothes?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I'd probably use some goo gone or rubbing alcohol. I'd be afraid dish soap will take forever to rise off (potentially) and definitly not putting it in the washing machine....

How's the quality of these things? Are they a nice fit, comparing to those $10 ones in local stores such as Target?

[quote name='freshzen']I'd probably use some goo gone or rubbing alcohol. I'd be afraid dish soap will take forever to rise off (potentially) and definitly not putting it in the washing machine....[/quote]

I used hand soap, but I lathered it before putting it on the skin.

Even if you don't, it's silicone. I have silicone baking equipment (muffin pans, cake pans, etc.) and it's ridiculously easy to clean.

[quote name='eau']How's the quality of these things? Are they a nice fit, comparing to those $10 ones in local stores such as Target?[/quote]

The ones in Target are thicker and more substantial. They're also prettier, in that they're two color.

These are thinner and are monocolor. However, the thinness ends up being a bonus. They are much easier to put on the remote. It takes me at least 30 seconds of pulling, tugging, and sliding to get one of the thicker ones on. It takes about 5 seconds for one of these.

Despite being thinner, they don't move around or slide or anything. The fit is pretty much the same. And the aesthetic issue balances out, too. The thicker remotes may look more stylish, but with these, the remote and the nunchuck match, which looks cool.

Because these are thinner, the buttons rise up more against the surface. This is mostly noticable for the + and - buttons. Hasn't been an issue for me for either skin. The buttons will be easier to press on the thinner skins.

They also have traction bumps on the back side. I'm tempted to make a "ribbed for pleasure" joke, but it's actually kind of nice.

The nunchuck fits pretty well. There's a slight buckle around the octagonal cutout, but only perfectionists will be bothered.

Long term quality? Dunno. They obviously weren't made with quality in mind -- they come in a very cheap looking baggie with the word "Wii" in dollar store script. And they smell at first. Washing them got rid of most of the smell; letting it sit got rid of the rest.

On the other hand, they are inexpensive, they look good, and they're silicone, which is pretty durable. They're much easier to put on -- I've actually worried that I would tear or damage one of the thicker ones because it takes a fair degree of force and pulling to get the damn things on.

OK, I am now offically, "nervous". tried to go to the site today to get my tracking number again and the certificate points to some religious nutjobs homepage- "SETHTEMPLE", WTF?

I'm in for 20 bucks on skins........

any suggestions...said they shipped march 22nd and still havent recieved anything. Anyone have the sites customer service number? I have it but its on a prinout on file at home.....Im at work now

I think you can stop worrying. I went to the site just now with no problem. In fact, the tracking information finally updated -- looks like they just shipped for real yesterday:

"Status: Arrived Shipping Partner Facility

Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 10:07 AM on April 2, 2007 in CARSON, CA 90746. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Maybe they will finally arrive later this week...

Just a heads up to every one, the post office lost my first order, so they sent me another order, and that didn't show up either, so I went to the USPS website and complained, someone from my local P.O. called me, and said they would notify the mailman. All of a sudden both orders show up in my mailbox, with the original mail dates on the label. I am not sure what happened, but it was the Post office fault.

Just thought you guys might like to know that I finally got my order. It supposedly shipped March 22nd, so it really took its time. The gloves are as described above... I'm pretty happy with them, except for the "orange" one, which looks like vomit. :)

If this deal is still on I may try to replace it with either the red or yellow. Thanks OP!

great price, order 5 for remote and the nunchucks and 2 for the classic control. free shipping is nice too. total 29.97. Now let see how long it takes to be deliver.....

I got mine today. Definaltely have to wash them to get rid of the smell. I will post more when I know how they function after drying and trying them out.

EDIT : Washed them and let them sit for a day or 2. Put them on and they worked great, and don't smell to badly. Still have some silicon smell but nothing compaired to when I got them first. The thickness has not gotten in the way of Zelda at all and they feel more secure when playing.

UPDATE:

Got mine saturday april 7th. Site had said shipped March 22nd.

Black and blue look great, green is ok..and purple was horrid......

[quote name='Corvin']I'm not impressed with the green. Orange looks like pastel peach. Terrible. Oh well. You get what you pay for.[/quote]
I'd call it more of a "fleshy" color -- definitely NOT what I was hoping for!

On the other hand, the blue is awesome, and the green and pink (my wife's choice) are not bad. I'd have gone with a less pastel-ish green, but the three look decent together. The red one on the site looks good, but I'm afraid it wouldn't jive with my other colors.

PS: I was thinking about getting a classic controller skin. I don't have a CC yet, but I heard they curve slightly. Would one of these covers fit correctly on one?

[quote name='catapult37']I'd call it more of a "fleshy" color -- definitely NOT what I was hoping for!
[/quote]

My feelings as well. Oh well.

The classic cotroler cover fits well IMO. Not 100% perfect but decent enough, and it doesn't seem to dampen playability. I got a black one to mach the black remote skin. Only have 1 classic controler as of now and 3 remotes + nunchucks.....

I still have yet to receive mine, ordered on March 26th. This is to the point of being absolutely ridiculous on shipping time. I'm going to leave a horrid review on resellerratings.com. Regardless of the shipping method (free in our case) it should never take 3 weeks to receive something like this.

bread's done
Back