Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $200 w/ $30 video games credit - Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
And Amazon PMs [thread=262401]GameStop.[/thread]

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Sports-Re..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274914256&sr=8-1

Get a $30 Video Games Credit
Order Wii with Wii Sports Resort and get $30 off a future purchase from the Amazon Video Games store. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one purchase per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

----

I'm in for one.

@ Dranakin Are you getting :

Promotion Applied: -$0.00

at checkout or do they not do that anymore? I don't want to miss out on the $30 credit :)

[quote name='GundamS']@ Dranakin Are you getting :

Promotion Applied: -$0.00

at checkout or do they not do that anymore? I don't want to miss out on the $30 credit :)[/QUOTE]

On my emailed receipt: yes, it says Promotion Applied: -$0.00, but it also says “Your purchase has qualified you for a $30 promotional code…blahblah.”

[quote name='Dranakin']On my emailed receipt: yes, it says Promotion Applied: -$0.00, but it also says “Your purchase has qualified you for a $30 promotional code…blahblah.”[/QUOTE]

Thanx, I didnt bother to read the auto-confirm but it was in there :applause: :bouncy:

I've got 40 bucks credit from RDR and SMG2, ...now I'm trying to convince myself that I need a second Wii to stream Netflix in my bedroom...

If I use the $30 credit on a game I know I'm getting, I can justify it as 30 bucks off the Wii, making the grand total 130 shipped.

I dunno.

Does anyone think if I email them, they will credit me this Deal? I literally bought this Wii a few days ago, before the Promo Started, I feel so ripped off right now. Anyone else ever done this with any luck?

[quote name='Mattx510']Does anyone think if I email them, they will credit me this Deal? I literally bought this Wii a few days ago, before the Promo Started, I feel so ripped off right now. Anyone else ever done this with any luck?[/QUOTE]
No harm in trying. I bought this one the 9th, but I know theres no way in hell they are gonna give me the credit lol

Are there any new rumors regarding a Wii HD anytime soon? I start thinking about getting one but would much rather wait and get the HD version if such a thing is coming.

[quote name='frpilot']going to get this now. wtf do i do with my brand new white wii i bought in christmas 2009 that i haven't opened.[/QUOTE]
Give it out as a Christmas gift to someone in 2010? :p

[quote name='mitnosi']Give it out as a Christmas gift to someone in 2010? :p[/QUOTE]

well.. christmas 2010 is only.. 6 months away.. lol i got it at target in christmas 2009 for 220 (tax) and free nunchuk when they that coupon. didn't even open it since then or return it since Nintendo says black wii will not come out to US and i'll eventually open it.. :bomb:

pulled the trigger and got a new black wii. now i'll really be pissed if retailers start giving out $50 gift cards on new wii purchases!

[quote name='Doomtime']$50 credit and we might have a deal.[/QUOTE]

Forget that.

$100 credit like they did with the Xbox 360 Arcade, AND THEN we have a deal. ;)

Ugh, I hate all this "video game credit" crap. I'd take part in a lot more of these deals if I just got a regular Amazon credit to use on whatever I'd like.

Any ideas for how long this might last? I just traded in a bunch of stuff to amazon and waiting for them to give me credit. I'd rather use that, but i'll pay cash if I am going to miss it.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']I ordered mine on May 20, called them and they added $30 credit to my account. Very nice of them.[/QUOTE]
Damn a week ago, I figured they wouldnt. Got mine on the 11th, I sent in an email to see if i could get it, its a long shot but we'll see :p

I was also able to use and stack my $20 SMG2 promotional credit and a $10 credit from Maro Kart on this deal.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Are there any new rumors regarding a Wii HD anytime soon? I start thinking about getting one but would much rather wait and get the HD version if such a thing is coming.[/QUOTE]

Would not hold my breath. Why go HD? To ramp up development costs? To lose software?(even if half of that or more will be shovelware) To lose money per console sold instead of make money?

Was it..Iwata? that said don't expect one soon, they don't feel the need to go HD just to compete with the other systems, and I see what he's saying. I can't imagine how it would help them as a company at all at this point. I guess if 1 or 2 more consoles do come out, one will eventually be in HD, but as a general guess and based off any little bits I've read, I don't think we'll be seeing it soon.

Really tempted to jump on this for the wife. My only hesitation is the possibility that Amazon/GS will offer an even sweeter deal with $50-100 credit.

[quote name='Vortextk']Would not hold my breath. Why go HD? To ramp up development costs? To lose software?(even if half of that or more will be shovelware) To lose money per console sold instead of make money?

Was it..Iwata? that said don't expect one soon, they don't feel the need to go HD just to compete with the other systems, and I see what he's saying. I can't imagine how it would help them as a company at all at this point. I guess if 1 or 2 more consoles do come out, one will eventually be in HD, but as a general guess and based off any little bits I've read, I don't think we'll be seeing it soon.[/QUOTE]

I laugh every time I remember N saying they didn't "just" do something like HD. They didn't see why they should "just" release a Wii HD with nothing new but HD because N didn't work that way. Except of course with the DS XL. Which was just the DS but bigger. Except for that, of course.

When PS3 Move comes out and people start saying, "Well, it's like Wii except its HD," then N will be changing their tune very quickly. We all know the Wii HD is done in their labs. It wouldn't take much.

Still, as I said in the GS thread, with a PM by Amazon, I'm sorely tempted if only because it'd match my other equipment...

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Are there any new rumors regarding a Wii HD anytime soon? I start thinking about getting one but would much rather wait and get the HD version if such a thing is coming.[/QUOTE]
Wait until E3 (June 15th) if you're unsure.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']I ordered mine on May 20, called them and they added $30 credit to my account. Very nice of them.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to know who to call? I bought this yesterday a few hours before the deal, just called. No way jose. They won't help me. They suggest I refuse the Wii delivery today and reorder.

UPDATE: After a follow up email to them they gave me the $30 credit. Good Job Amazon! Used it on Mario Kart Wii for $9.99 and got $10 future credit with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it. I already have a white Wii, but it's still tempting. I have 30 bucks in credit right now, so I could just get it right back, but still. I don't need it, but I want it. Grrrr...

[quote name='Ardrid']Really tempted to jump on this for the wife. My only hesitation is the possibility that Amazon/GS will offer an even sweeter deal with $50-100 credit.[/QUOTE]

$50 highly unlikely, unless another major retailer does that and amazon matches. $100, i don't think so, maybe on black friday or something.

Holy Hell! I got mine on the 11th-12th of this month, wrote in asking and they sent back this:

"Hello,

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I've requested a refund of $30.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete."

Much

any idea if Sports Resort comes boxed normally?

edit:
NVM just watched an unboxing and the fucking game comes in a cardboard sleeve....

[quote name='mitnosi']Holy Hell! I got mine on the 11th-12th of this month, wrote in asking and they sent back this:

"Hello,

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I've requested a refund of $30.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete."

Much

[quote name='Bervda']Ugh, I hate all this "video game credit" crap. I'd take part in a lot more of these deals if I just got a regular Amazon credit to use on whatever I'd like.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind but it would be nice if it was just general credit... I'd be able to get lots of the Blu-rays that are in my cart awaiting a price drop if it was general credit.

[quote name='moop2001']any idea if Sports Resort comes boxed normally?

edit:
NVM just watched an unboxing and the fucking game comes in a cardboard sleeve....[/QUOTE]

yep, as with most console bundles.

bread's done
Back