Will any store price match AND accept competitor's coupons?

packratshow

CAGiversary!
Here's my situation:

Target has Happy Feet in their Sunday circular on sale for 16 bucks.

I have a coupon for 5 dollars off Happy Feet at Best Buy(it came in a McDonald's Happy Meal).

Target won't accept competitor's coupons. Best Buy said they won't price match AND accept the coupon.

Are there any store that would price match and accept competitor's coupons? Any other ideas?

-packratshow

How much is happy feet at best buy after the coupon? If it's equal to or less, that's why they won't price match on top of it.

And most places will either do one or the other.

I feel pretty sure that every store's policy prohibits such practice. You can only get away with it if you have a totally clueless (or nice) employee handling your transaction.

[quote name='packratshow']Here's my situation:

Target has Happy Feet in their Sunday circular on sale for 16 bucks.

I have a coupon for 5 dollars off Happy Feet at Best Buy(it came in a McDonald's Happy Meal).

Target won't accept competitor's coupons. Best Buy said they won't price match AND accept the coupon.

Are there any store that would price match and accept competitor's coupons? Any other ideas?

-packratshow[/QUOTE]

No. You'll get pricematching at most places, few places will accept a competitors coupon. Best you could hope for is to pricematch at the register and go up to the service desk and say you forgot to give the coupon to the cashier. YMMV and the ethics of that is left to the reader.

Happy Feet isn't in anybody's circular this week; it doesn't come out for over a month. Furthermore, the DVD will not be sold for $29.99 at Best Buy when it does come out - the likely week-of-release price will be $16.99-17.99 and will be $19.99 thereafter.

Most stores no longer price match or take competitor coupons. Circuit City still has the price match guarantee, as far as I know, but doesn't take coupons. Best Buy gives a big hassle with price matching, in my experience, and doesn't accept competitor coupons. EB/Gamespot and TRU no longer price match ads.

[quote name='alongx']Happy Feet isn't in anybody's circular this week; it doesn't come out for over a month. Furthermore, the DVD will not be sold for $29.99 at Best Buy when it does come out - the likely week-of-release price will be $16.99-17.99 and will be $19.99 thereafter.

Most stores no longer price match or take competitor coupons. Circuit City still has the price match guarantee, as far as I know, but doesn't take coupons. Best Buy gives a big hassle with price matching, in my experience, and doesn't accept competitor coupons. EB/Gamespot and TRU no longer price match ads.[/quote]I think the item in discussion is the video game, not the DVD.

Yes this is for the PS2 version, hence my posting in the "Request a Video Game Deal" forum.

I think I'll just have to be happy with the 16.00 price. Thank you for all the expert replies! CAG rules! Woo Hoo!

www.gameoftheblog.com

I've done it at Staples a lot of the time, most recently with the Mio DigiWalker. People have been doing a $100 PM and then applying a CC $40 off $199+ coupon.

But otherwise, sorry, I can't help you with your current situation.

bread's done
Back