Wireless 5.1 Surround Sound Headset

caesius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Does anyone know if this exists? It probably does, but here's what I'm looking for exactly.
A wireless Headset(which means that I can talk through it. No I don't think you guys are stupid, but someone mixed this up once so I throw it out for reference), that I can use for both my PC, and the XBox 360, and it has surround Sound.

I found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826235001
and it's a godsend, it's everything I ever wanted, but it's not wireless.

Does one exist?
and if it does, does anyone know where I may purchase one?

I have looked for something like what you are explaining for well over a year, and the best I found were some non-surround sound headsets that weren't getting great reviews. There's a company called BlueAnt that makes some, but they are just some simple headphones with bluetooth technology (requires an adapter) that has a detatchable mic.

If someone does know of such a thing, I'd be glad to know. But I have looked around forever and not found one. I wanted to use it with Skype and other online voice chats, and since I got a 360, if it could double-duty there too, that'd be grand.

Those don't look to be 5.1.

I haven't had much luck with wireless headphones. I've gone through 3 pair of logitech freepulses. The first pair blew a speaker. The second set would constantly desync. The third pair seems good so far, but its only been a month. I also had a set of radio wireless headphones. Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't get them to work right at all, they were always staticy and I wound up taking them back after about a week.

[quote name='dbzispimpin']theres the TurtleBeach X3 headset, i bought one after i tried the one my friend bought, and it is amazing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502002&Tpk=turtlebeach%2bx3 they sound amazing, ARE WIRELESS and they have a mic attached that you can use on xbox live!! theyre great and if you read up on all the reviews its gotten, alotta other people love'em too :)[/quote]

Never seen wireless 5.1 headsets. They probably kill battery's to quickly to be used for long, plus wireless 5.1 headphones alone go for upwards of $200 dollars. But I have only heard good things about the Trittons if you are willing to get wired ones.

bread's done
Back