Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

The Hollywood on Military in Green Bay is now up to 40-60% off. Went back and there were still a good deal of used games left. Got some good titles on the cheap.

I swear that copy of Shadow Dragon has been there for a while. I almost picked it up a few weeks ago, then realized that I already had it at home. Someone needs to get me a blackberry app where I can take a picture of a UPC and it will tell me if I already have the damn thing. heh.

[quote name='psunami']I swear that copy of Shadow Dragon has been there for a while. I almost picked it up a few weeks ago, then realized that I already had it at home. Someone needs to get me a blackberry app where I can take a picture of a UPC and it will tell me if I already have the damn thing. heh.[/QUOTE]

It's been there for ~$15 for a bit. I don't know how long it's been marked down. I have one too. I am a little said I paid so much for it, since I've seen it all over clearanced...but FE sometimes are less common, so I didn't want to be w/o one.:roll:

I'm just missing the Wii version of FE. Sad that I missed picking it up, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Haven't seen it at Shopko since it clearanced out there either.

The finds of the night

East side Madison Target had 3 Beatles Rock Band Special Editions :ps3: for $62.48
West side Madison Target had a handful, maybe more Bioshock 2 CE for :pc: for $55.xx

edit: Bioshock 2 not Bioshock

Picked up the last Personal Trainer: Walking for the DS at the West Madison Target today for $12.48.

I'll be curious to see how long those PC Bioshock 2's hang around.

The Hollywood Video in Appleton is closing. Went by there a few days ago and got tons of good finds on the cheap including Bayonetta, Operation Flashpoint and Modern Warfare 2. Everything is 40% off. A lot of it has been picked over already but it's probably still worth a look.

Bought Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 at the East Side Madison Sears for $19.97. Left one copy; if it's still there the next time I visit, I'm buying it to hopefully trade for LittleBigPlanet.

[quote name='seanw']Bought Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 at the East Side Madison Sears for $19.97. Left one copy; if it's still there the next time I visit, I'm buying it to hopefully trade for LittleBigPlanet.[/QUOTE]

I bought this, for a friend of mine. Thanks for the tip.

Anything else decent at the Sears?

I've had such bad luck finding things on clearance there. Last item I got lucky on was Scene-it for the 360 for $19... like 2 or 3 years ago.

[quote name='psunami']Anything else decent at the Sears?

I've had such bad luck finding things on clearance there. Last item I got lucky on was Scene-it for the 360 for $19... like 2 or 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not a thing worth mentioning. The only thing I noticed was on clearance was Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes for PS3 - marked down to $39.99. #-o

My friend in Shawano told me that the Movie Gallery there is closing. He picked up some good titles for really cheap including Borderlands, MX Vs ATV and Bayonetta. He said there's not a whole lot left, as they've been 50% there for awhile, but it's still worth a look. He said there are TONS of blu rays all 50% off--very good deals on new releases. There is also a very large selection of adult DVDs on the cheap, if you're into that.

best buy northridge (milwaukee) is closin up shop march 27th :cry: they had a slew of games @ 40% off. no recent releases though. just a bunch of stuff they overstocked.

I didn't catch up on this thread entirely yet, but I'm posting anyway.

The Best Buy in Milwaukee (Northridge) is closing, and they increased their % off from 40 to 50% on all video games (systems excluded). DJ Hero Renegade & Beatles Rock Band are down to $80 and in stock for 360,PS3,Wii. I saw about 30 of each tonight when I was in. There's other Guitar Hero, Rockband accessories too like the fog machine, some drum pad accessories.

HDTV's are 20% off, Computer software is 50% off. Computer software is nearly gone, but if any of you want a Quickbooks Pro 2010 for whatever need, it's $99 after discount. PM me if you want a breakdown of TV prices. I was making inventory lists for friends and noted TV sizes from 19" to 24". Other locations are moving their excess overstocks to this location.

The big discount was 50% off new Blu-Ray players and 60% off floor model blu-ray players. I bought a Sony BDP-N460 for $99 new. All movides, blu-rays, music, desktop computers, most computing accessories have been moved to other stores. In the video gaming area I did see Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition for 360 & PS3 for 50% off. There's also Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Editions at 50% off for 360 and PS3. Nintendo DSi systems at $169.99 before 20% discount.

Best Buy Reward Zone coupons and certificates are still in full effect. All sales are considered final, but they are still selling replacement warranties on electronics.

Blockbuster is closing 3 branches - Glendale (shopping center opn the southwest corner of Green Tree Rd. & PT Washington Rd.), Mequon (PT Washington Rd. & Mequon Rd. Pavilion Shopping Center), and Brown Deer (on Brown Deer Rd. just east of the closing Best Buy store next to American). All three of these are in week 1 of their 5 week liquidation cycle. Here's a breakdown:

Mequon: Regular dvd movies are $9.99 after 40% discount. Some select crappy looking $3.99 movies in the back. HD-DVD's up front in bins disc only for $1.99 each. Blu-Ray movies in BB cases but having original blu-ray inserts - $14.99\$9.99 before 20% discount. Cardboard\Plastic backer cards (dvd cases were placed on these on shelves) are 5 for $1. Store looks 2/3rds full this last Monday. Video games almost non-existent.

Brown Deer: Store was barely touched this last Monday. Same pricing as Mequon, but no HD-DVD's. More regular DVD inventory bulk. This location sold framed movie posters and novelties so those are discounted. I bought a framed Back to the Future photo with actual movie reel piece cut and mounted inside for $0.99. Saw 40 Yr Old Virgin and ET editions. Lots of food and sodas marked down too. Same Blu-ray pricing, except more comedies at this location for $6.99. Video games are very slim.

Glendale: No idea yet, going there tomorrow. The facilities at this location are smaller then the others since it was a much newer store, so I'm not expecting much.

All 3 BB stores and the Best Buy are selling the furnishings, shelving, electrical items, etc.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I didn't catch up on this thread entirely yet, but I'm posting anyway.

The Best Buy in Milwaukee (Northridge) is closing, and they increased their % off from 40 to 50% on all video games (systems excluded). DJ Hero Renegade & Beatles Rock Band are down to $80 and in stock for 360,PS3,Wii. I saw about 30 of each tonight when I was in. There's other Guitar Hero, Rockband accessories too like the fog machine, some drum pad accessories.

HDTV's are 20% off, Computer software is 50% off. Computer software is nearly gone, but if any of you want a Quickbooks Pro 2010 for whatever need, it's $99 after discount. PM me if you want a breakdown of TV prices. I was making inventory lists for friends and noted TV sizes from 19" to 24". Other locations are moving their excess overstocks to this location.

The big discount was 50% off new Blu-Ray players and 60% off floor model blu-ray players. I bought a Sony BDP-N460 for $99 new. All movides, blu-rays, music, desktop computers, most computing accessories have been moved to other stores. In the video gaming area I did see Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition for 360 & PS3 for 50% off. There's also Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Editions at 50% off for 360 and PS3. Nintendo DSi systems at $169.99 before 20% discount.

Best Buy Reward Zone coupons and certificates are still in full effect. All sales are considered final, but they are still selling replacement warranties on electronics.

Blockbuster is closing 3 branches - Glendale (shopping center opn the southwest corner of Green Tree Rd. & PT Washington Rd.), Mequon (PT Washington Rd. & Mequon Rd. Pavilion Shopping Center), and Brown Deer (on Brown Deer Rd. just east of the closing Best Buy store next to American). All three of these are in week 1 of their 5 week liquidation cycle. Here's a breakdown:

Mequon: Regular dvd movies are $9.99 after 40% discount. Some select crappy looking $3.99 movies in the back. HD-DVD's up front in bins disc only for $1.99 each. Blu-Ray movies in BB cases but having original blu-ray inserts - $14.99\$9.99 before 20% discount. Cardboard\Plastic backer cards (dvd cases were placed on these on shelves) are 5 for $1. Store looks 2/3rds full this last Monday. Video games almost non-existent.

Brown Deer: Store was barely touched this last Monday. Same pricing as Mequon, but no HD-DVD's. More regular DVD inventory bulk. This location sold framed movie posters and novelties so those are discounted. I bought a framed Back to the Future photo with actual movie reel piece cut and mounted inside for $0.99. Saw 40 Yr Old Virgin and ET editions. Lots of food and sodas marked down too. Same Blu-ray pricing, except more comedies at this location for $6.99. Video games are very slim.

Glendale: No idea yet, going there tomorrow. The facilities at this location are smaller then the others since it was a much newer store, so I'm not expecting much.

All 3 BB stores and the Best Buy are selling the furnishings, shelving, electrical items, etc.[/QUOTE]

Wow nice Round up on stores.. I knew about the Bestbuy and the Blockbuster.. Its just insane how many places are closing around Milwaukee lately... :cry:

I stopped by the Glendale Blockbuster closing sale. They have an extended blu-ray selection but many of the cases I took to the counter couldn't have discs found. Overall this location seems pretty unorganized. DVD inventory about 3/4ths remaining. Also saw movie posters and select hardcover books. Lots of Michael Jackson tribute materials. After chatting with the store manager, I found out that the % off will increase every Monday morning at store opening.

If any of you are in other parts and want me to look for anything specific in these sales, send me a pm. I have plans to go back to the closing Best Buy store at least two more times. I work as a computer consultant so I'm on the move constantly and near the three closing BB stores almost every day.

Was at the Milwaukee Best Buy yesterday--there are still definitely a lot of video games left but not too many you'd want. They have about 80 copies of Wolverine for Wii for 15 dollars. They have a lot of bad DS games and old sports games for various systems. Don't bother with a long drive if you think you're going to get anything remotely new..I combed through all the games and there wasn't too much. I think the best deal was Dead Space for Wii for only 15 bucks. Good price, but I could have saved myself the gas and paid a few more dollars on eBay. They had DSis for 120 but they were out before I checked out. They had some of the legendary DJ heroes for 80 bucks--definitely a good deal if you want it. I have to say that there is mostly just shovelware--so unless you live close or want to get a jump start on Christmas for relatives you don't particularly care for but have to get gifts for, I'd pass.

Damn and here I was thinking I'd go to that Brown Deer closing. Too bad they only have shit left. Should have checked this goddamned thread sooner.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Damn and here I was thinking I'd go to that Brown Deer closing. Too bad they only have shit left. Should have checked this goddamned thread sooner.[/QUOTE]

I was there today and if you look in the mess of games there are some decent titles still in stock... Right now games are 60% off..

I Picked up these:

Overlord 2 (PS3)
A Boy and His Blob (Wii)
Mana Khemia (PSP)
Pangya Golf (PSP)

Things I saw that were somewhat notable :

Nostalgia (DS)
Fire Emblem (DS)
Modern Warfare 2:Hardened Edition (360)
Animal Crossing (Wii)
Phantasy Star (PSP)
Resident Evil 0 (Wii)
Resident Evil (Remake) (Wii)

[quote name='Derrick1979']I was there today and if you look in the mess of games there are some decent titles still in stock... Right now games are 60% off..

I Picked up these:

Overlord 2 (PS3)
A Boy and His Blob (Wii)
Mana Khemia (PSP)
Pangya Golf (PSP)

Things I saw that were somewhat notable :

Nostalgia (DS)
Fire Emblem (DS)
Modern Warfare 2:Hardened Edition (360)
Animal Crossing (Wii)
Phantasy Star (PSP)
Resident Evil 0 (Wii)
Resident Evil (Remake) (Wii)[/QUOTE]

All either stuff I have or had from the looks of it but thanks for the details. I swear some of you people near Madison are lucky...Targets around the Wauwatosa/Brookfield area are just shit when it comes to anything decent on clearance. A Beatles special edition bundle at 63? I think I'd splurge for the upgraded instruments and to finally snag the damned Beatles game.

oh there were definitely some finds but not for an almost 2 hour drive! but 60% off is amazing--i wonder if it'll go down any more than that, i'd be curious. i really thought 50% was as low as they would go

What Targets are good then?

Also has anyone gone back to the Northridge Best Buy--and if so, are gams marked down past 60%? I've already been there but have some friends in Chicago who are possibly interested in going.

Derrick, how much are Pangya Golf and Mana Khemia running? Two games on my to-buy list whose price I was waiting to drop.

Wish I could find some good deals in the Waupaca/Stevens Point area. Best deal I've found so far is Persona 3 Limited edition for $25 at the local K-Mart. :(

Pangya Golf made it down to $5 at TRU recently, but the Madison, WI store didn't have any.

I've been curious about picking this one up for a while...

One of my old co-workers really loved it, Psunami. For five bucks, I'd definitely check it out--he picked it up for full price and enjoyed it.

[quote name='Trudy']Derrick, how much are Pangya Golf and Mana Khemia running? Two games on my to-buy list whose price I was waiting to drop.

Wish I could find some good deals in the Waupaca/Stevens Point area. Best deal I've found so far is Persona 3 Limited edition for $25 at the local K-Mart. :([/QUOTE]

I saw Mana Khemia there (when it was 50% off) for 15 bucks. Since they're now at 60% off then it runs for 12--which is a steal. That game is amazing. I don't remember how much Pangya was--it would be either 60% off of 20 or 30 but I can't remember which.

[quote name='Trudy']Derrick, how much are Pangya Golf and Mana Khemia running? Two games on my to-buy list whose price I was waiting to drop.

Wish I could find some good deals in the Waupaca/Stevens Point area. Best deal I've found so far is Persona 3 Limited edition for $25 at the local K-Mart. :([/QUOTE]

Go ahead and make an offer on the ones I have because I went back to that bestbuy and its pretty much empty now.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Go ahead and make an offer on the ones I have because I went back to that bestbuy and its pretty much empty now.[/QUOTE]
Shooting you a PM now!

Just to update everyone, the Northridge Best Buy (On brown deer) is now closed.

The Blockbuster on Brown Deer for some reason still has all their games at 10% off rather than moving up to 20%, nothing really worth the trip at 10%. The one just south of good hope is at 20% but is mostly picked clean (what is there for the most part has no artwork) and I would maybe wait a week on checking that out. Just a heads up.

yeah the sale on the used games is pretty bad--i asked them when they said they'd move beyond 10% and they said they had no idea. the trip is so not worth it, so don't even bother at this point. i did pick up some older new games by the front--even at 10% off they were worth it

[quote name='llm962']yeah the sale on the used games is pretty bad--i asked them when they said they'd move beyond 10% and they said they had no idea. the trip is so not worth it, so don't even bother at this point. i did pick up some older new games by the front--even at 10% off they were worth it[/QUOTE]

From all the previous Blockbuster closings and the current ones I have been to they always sucked.. The third party company they hire to close them trys to sell as high as they can for as long as they can and count on the tards who think 10% off is a huge deal to clean em out which they usually do.

Now that best buy that closed was handled in house and they took out all the movies and music and sent it around to other stores and didnt take a month to go beyond 10%

Yeah I did pick up a sealed COD game for xbox for like 5 bucks so I was happy about that. They haven't even discounted their strategy guides and they acted insulted when I asked when the prices would go down.

Hollywood Video in GB on Mason is in its final 10 days. I was there today and games are now 60% off. Pretty much everything decent has been combed through but there were still a few good finds. They have loose game discs that are now down to 2 dollars. Some decent ones left--mostly old sports games but some decent titles. All DVDs are now 2.99 and less--and there are still a lot of them.

[quote name='bug_nuts']DKrobbie... u must not be going to the same targets i go to in the milwaukee area... :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tend to just hit the one in Brookfield, Greenfield and Wauwatosa. Maybe the one out in Menonomee Falls if I'm out by my parents. Barren desolate wastelands of sale items at all four all the time. Meh.

Probably not likely, but I figured I'd give it a shot:

Has anyone seen the Beatles: Rock Band 360 bundles at any local Targets? They're running for $59.99 or $69.99, and I'd like to pick one up just to have a full entourage of instruments. Well, that, and I'm a huge Beatles fan, but couldn't justify the $250 price tag on the bundle at release.

Thanks!

[quote name='DKRobbie']Yeah I tend to just hit the one in Brookfield, Greenfield and Wauwatosa. Maybe the one out in Menonomee Falls if I'm out by my parents. Barren desolate wastelands of sale items at all four all the time. Meh.[/QUOTE]

I actually found Ghostbusters for $12-$14 at the brookfield one once. The one on Browndeer typically has stuff on clearance but they are super slow to lower the price and from what I've seen no matter how bad the game once it gets below $30 someone always snags it. People tend to be sucked in by those red stickers.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Yeah I tend to just hit the one in Brookfield, Greenfield and Wauwatosa. Maybe the one out in Menonomee Falls if I'm out by my parents. Barren desolate wastelands of sale items at all four all the time. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Wow so many CAG in the same area no wonder no deals are to be found.

haha, there do seem to be a lot of CAG's in the area, which almost makes me think some sort of trading network should be started. That being said, I've noticed that a lot of the CAG's in the area are pretty legit and don't snag every copy.

On a related note, since it's not posted anywhere else; does anyone know how the trade in prices for Half Price Books and Mega Media Xchange compare to Gamestop and Amazon? HPB seems to charge a lot more for games unless they go on clearance which makes me wonder if they pay more. Anyone have experience with either?

Hollywood Video in De Pere is closing--30% off right now. Not too many great deals at just 30% but they do have some newer releases still available like Bayonetta and Borderlands. Their new games are terrible---most of them say "new" and are actually opened. Someone went through there and picked up most of the good Wii games already. Also the woman in front of me bought out all of Boston Legal on DVD, so if for some reason you're going for that, don't bother.

My experience with Mega Media Xchange, which was way back in the day before I got smart, is that they are worse than Gamestop. What they do (or did) was to not give you a flat price for the game. Like at Gamestop if you trade in Zelda Twilight Princess they'll give you a whopping (lol) 7 bucks, even if they had 30 copies on the shelf. At Mega Media Xchange they'll give you different amounts for that game depending on how many they have. So if they had four copies, they'd probably offer you like 2 bucks. Mind you, I am going back from how they operated like 7 years ago but it is pretty ridiculous. I have had great luck selling on craigslist--I have gotten tons more money for my stuff.

Trudy,

Most of the local Targets had been cleaned out of the Beatles: Rock Band editions.

The deal at New Egg today was one of the better ones I've seen. $99.99 shipped, but that's gone now.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']haha, there do seem to be a lot of CAG's in the area, which almost makes me think some sort of trading network should be started. That being said, I've noticed that a lot of the CAG's in the area are pretty legit and don't snag every copy.

On a related note, since it's not posted anywhere else; does anyone know how the trade in prices for Half Price Books and Mega Media Xchange compare to Gamestop and Amazon? HPB seems to charge a lot more for games unless they go on clearance which makes me wonder if they pay more. Anyone have experience with either?[/QUOTE]

Im not to sure about Mega Media but seeing how low Half Priced pays for books and movies I would'nt get my hopes up on decent TIV.

I know for sure im the type of CAG that doesnt snatch up every copy.. I may grab an extra from time to time but thats when there is a ton of something...

I just cant remember how long its been since I got any deals from the Kmarts or any of the Targets around here.. The Sears in Bayshore seems empty and Brookfield gets hit hard.... :cry::cry:

I went to the Mequon Blockbuster last night. There's not much of a game selection left and the couple titles that did interest me were still overpriced after the discount.

Some decent deals to be had on :br:. I picked up Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & Adventureland for $11 each. I'll probably go back after they bump up the discounts on Monday.

If you're interested in :hd: they have a bunch up by the register for $2. They're disc only in jewel cases.

I know HPB pays crap for books, but then again 99% of books have little resale value and end up in there $1-$3 clearance. I was just curious if anyone had any experience in trading in games since they seem to charge like $15 minimum no matter how old or crappy the game and don't move them to clearance much.

Also, anyone know any other blockbusters in the area closing? Specifically any in the greenfield area?

bread's done
Back