World of Warcraft Experiencing Some Problems

This info is a bit wrong. They said the problems existed since the patch around March. More like the patch around January(1.9 patch, whenever that was). They even had a few new servers that time that I joined and it had constant lootlag(even at 6a.m. in the morning!). Almost 3 emergency maintenance a week on the sucky 20 or so servers. They even took down the server I was on during primetime Friday for an emergency maintenance for 30mins. Next thing ya know, it became 4 hour maintenance. When it was back up, the same lag that was there before was still there after maintenance. A week before that, their realm restart which was suppose to be quick ended up lasting 4 hours as well.

I find it funny how they like to blame their ISP provider for their problems.

Their March patch broke alot of rogue abilities and it took them over a month just to fix it even tho players informed them just days after. I'm so glad I quit a few weeks ago, never again will I play WoW. Vanguard needs to hurryup tho!

Yea... Blizzard is always like this. They game launched like this. They just don't have enough servers for all the people, simple as that. They add them and then all the overpop from the others come to the new ones and then those are all crowded now... I joined a brand new server and within a month it was having half hour lines and frequent crashes.

And even with its problems, World of Warcraft is still leaps and bounds over every other MMORPG made.

Played it for almost a year, quit only because of lack of end game content, tried everything else, and I'm going to buy a time card for WoW today, espically since they've added a ton of end game content now.

[quote name='Roufuss']And even with its problems, World of Warcraft is still leaps and bounds over every other MMORPG made.

Played it for almost a year, quit only because of lack of end game content, tried everything else, and I'm going to buy a time card for WoW today, espically since they've added a ton of end game content now.[/quote]

Ye I heard that it gets awesome at the end (from my three/four RL friends that play it) but I stopped when my hunter/orc hit 56... I don't know, it was fun at first, but then you level up SOOOO slowly and it's still collect quests and move, attack three-five guys in an instance, move quests. Once there was nothing left to explore on the map I just fizzled.

Now I'm playing Oblivion. It is SO nice to play a well thought out single player game. Nobody screaming "woot" or "ding" every two minutes. And when I stop, the game stops. Maybe I'm getting too old for video games...:roll:

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Ye I heard that it gets awesome at the end (from my three/four RL friends that play it) but I stopped when my hunter/orc hit 56... I don't know, it was fun at first, but then you level up SOOOO slowly and it's still collect quests and move, attack three-five guys in an instance, move quests. Once there was nothing left to explore on the map I just fizzled.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I started when the game launched in the US, and the end game content was only a handful of instances and Molten Core back then.

It's expanded by leaps and bounds now.

Meh, running around in a different shaped dungeon where you basically do the same thing you were doing at level 10 but just with higher stakes... i dunno.. doesn't do much for me. I was more into shaping my character class, not just with the drops (which get ridiculous, where you have to run an instance 8 times just to get that 15% chance drop).

My friends got all weird from it too. That's all they talk about in social situations and I mean for HOURS on end.. one night was about six hours straight..at the bar too. Man, talk about beating the girls away, "DUDE I GOT A PURPLE PANTS DROP!" , "NO WAY!! WOOOOT!" These were all, relatively, normal dudes too. Thanks, Blizzard.

yep, those are the only pants dropping tonight. They are worse than my sports friends. At least those guys can STFU after 2-3 hours.

That said, I had a GREAT couple months with it and don't regret spending the time and money on it. There are lots of problems with the server and the cust service sucks but the environments are amazing and I had a couple of "moments" playing it.

Anyway, sorry OT rant. But I guess it is loosely related to "Experiencing WoW Problems" :lol:

bread's done
Back