XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
As those games are DRM free, this should be okay for me to post. I grabbed this a while back and it worked fine. Even made a custom case and disc cover for it. I'll see if I can find them and upload them if you guys want.

Go here to get the games, and follow the instructions.

If posting that isn't okay, let me know and I'll make it go away.

[quote name='bardockkun']No one should want to play Yaris. Ever.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

[quote name='ooga']I already got a couple of responses from people willing to help. I will be glad to pass the USB to you after I get the game so we can all get it. Also, Yaris falls into that category as well. Hopefully we can include it on the stick as well. Am I forgetting any other freebie games that got delisted? I can certainly include those if there are more.[/QUOTE]

If possible, I'd also like to be included. By the time I found out about Dash of Destruction it had already been delisted. We just have to make sure that the last person returns the drive to ooga.

[quote name='Decker']I just got an email from Xbox Rewards with my April statement and it doesn't reflect anything from the big XBLA MyPunchcard promotion -- net even under Pending Points. That's super-annoying after all the XBLA I purchased last month to complete my card. Is anyone else seeing the bonuses in their statement?[/QUOTE]

I think the punch card is separate from My Rewards. They said the punch card stuff would be delivered by the end of May so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be patient.

Damn, I never got to grab the dlc for the first Crash Course. That sucks. Wait, can you still buy it from in game?

Also, I still can't play Crash Course 2, still says the servers are down, thought they fixed it?

Edit: Looks like you can still get the dlc through the game, at least it lets you bring the dlc up.

Sorry if all this has been said/answered already.

[quote name='Decker']I just got an email from Xbox Rewards with my April statement and it doesn't reflect anything from the big XBLA MyPunchcard promotion -- net even under Pending Points. That's super-annoying after all the XBLA I purchased last month to complete my card. Is anyone else seeing the bonuses in their statement?[/QUOTE]

That email is just their standard "how many points we've deposited in your account this month email" and doesn't have anything to do with the punchcards. They've already told us that it'll be the end of the month before we see any of the rewards from the punchcards so just wait a few weeks and you should get your bonuses then.

[quote name='Feeni']I think the punch card is separate from My Rewards. They said the punch card stuff would be delivered by the end of May so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be patient.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skonson']That email is just their standard "how many points we've deposited in your account this month email" and doesn't have anything to do with the punchcards. They've already told us that it'll be the end of the month before we see any of the rewards from the punchcards so just wait a few weeks and you should get your bonuses then.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that info! :)

[quote name='simmias']Yup, people deleted all game files and the update and were still unable to get it to pop.

Plus you'd get that ugly offline chievo that no completionist wants. Yes, that's weird, but it's true.[/QUOTE]

Not weird, I get it; they don't look right offline. But if that's the best I can do, it'll have to do. Maybe playing offline and quickly signing in before the pop would trigger the timestamp before it demanded to update the game . .

[quote name='yokuo']As those games are DRM free, this should be okay for me to post. I grabbed this a while back and it worked fine. Even made a custom case and disc cover for it. I'll see if I can find them and upload them if you guys want.

Go here to get the games, and follow the instructions.

If posting that isn't okay, let me know and I'll make it go away.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Bloomy sent me the same link earlier. I can verify that this works.
I downloaded the iso and it worked flawlessly. Completed Dash of Destruction in about 30 minutes and now I can forget about it.
I recommend those who need it just do what I did. It was quick and easy.

[quote name='Polerand']Not weird, I get it; they don't look right offline. But if that's the best I can do, it'll have to do. Maybe playing offline and quickly signing in before the pop would trigger the timestamp before it demanded to update the game . .[/QUOTE]
I have a lot of chievos offline, because my connection was very bad and it crashed from time to time, preventing me to connect again in about 15 minutes or so. And in the meantime, I kept playing.

Sanctum 2 will be out next week for XBLA:
Acclaimed indie developer Coffee Stain Studios announced today that Sanctum 2 will launch worldwide on May 15, 2013 simultaneously for Xbox Live® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows® PC.

[quote name='ooga']Thanks. Bloomy sent me the same link earlier. I can verify that this works.
I downloaded the iso and it worked flawlessly. Completed Dash of Destruction in about 30 minutes and now I can forget about it.
I recommend those who need it just do what I did. It was quick and easy.[/QUOTE]

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

How do you find out which of the games on demand in the hungarian marketplace work on a NTSC xbox?

There are a bunch of games for only 600msp (Halo: ODST, AssCreed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Far Cry 2), but Im worried they wont work on my xbox. Is there any way to find out before purchasing?

[quote name='in boston']How do you find out which of the games on demand in the hungarian marketplace work on a NTSC xbox?

There are a bunch of games for only 600msp (Halo: ODST, AssCreed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Far Cry 2), but Im worried they wont work on my xbox. Is there any way to find out before purchasing?[/QUOTE]

Check out this group:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=539

[quote name='Polerand']Not weird, I get it; they don't look right offline. But if that's the best I can do, it'll have to do. Maybe playing offline and quickly signing in before the pop would trigger the timestamp before it demanded to update the game . .[/QUOTE]

That's just incredibly ridiculous. I know some people are looney over cheevos but this is an extreme I've never heard of.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']That's just incredibly ridiculous. I know some people are looney over cheevos but this is an extreme I've never heard of.[/QUOTE]
It's dumb that they don't put timestamps on achievements because of your online status.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's dumb that they don't put timestamps on achievements because of your online status.[/QUOTE]

I assume its so you can't change the date on your offline box to effectively claim you got so and so cheevo prior to your friends. I'm sure that matters to someone, somewhere.

I have the first Serious Sam games when they went on sale back around 9 February 2010, but are still in my backlog (only played a few minutes of the first)...are the other two games (plus the DLC worth it) for 5 each?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I assume its so you can't change the date on your offline box to effectively claim you got so and so cheevo prior to your friends. I'm sure that matters to someone, somewhere.[/QUOTE]
It's a shame that this was a real concern back in 2005, so I'm hoping that they got rid of it with the new system now that achievements have become more of a personal thing that most people don't care about outside of friends, maybe.

[quote name='Althax']What times do new games get added typicaly? I'm really interested in trying Monaco tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The developers tweeted it would be out at 2AM Pacific.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a shame that this was a real concern back in 2005, so I'm hoping that they got rid of it with the new system now that achievements have become more of a personal thing that most people don't care about outside of friends, maybe.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that considering achievements now have some (still not much) value, considering if you're part of the Rewards program you get a 1% rebate each month for 15k+ gamerscore and 2% for 25k+ gamerscore. I've been trying a little harder to finally hit 25k, myself :p Which I could have easily done long ago...

I too find the timestamp thing kinda goofy. More annoying than that, though, is that I lost some Rock Band 2 achievements earned when playing offline with friends, presumably because I didn't connect to XBL soon enough to validate them or whatever the hell. Might have had something to do with syncing.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Funny you should say that considering achievements now have some (still not much) value, considering if you're part of the Rewards program you get a 1% rebate each month for 15k+ gamerscore and 2% for 25k+ gamerscore. I've been trying a little harder to finally hit 25k, myself :p Which I could have easily done long ago...

I too find the timestamp thing kinda goofy. More annoying than that, though, is that I lost some Rock Band 2 achievements earned when playing offline with friends, presumably because I didn't connect to XBL soon enough to validate them or whatever the hell. Might have had something to do with syncing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that value is still only of worth to yourself. It took me about five years to get past 30k around the time the achievement promotion was added.

And for people downloading Totemball because it's free. Don't. It makes Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale look like Skyrim. The "game" relies on the Vision Cam, which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that the game doesn't work. It registers none of your arm movements and is all dependent on forces beyond human understanding.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Ugh, I hate having achievements with no time stamp. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same here. I like knowing when I beat a game and the rate of progress I have made by the dates. Sucks that I didn't know you had to be online to get time stamped and several of the my earliest games don't have dates :cry:

[quote name='yokuo'] As those games are DRM free, this should be okay for me to post....
Go here to get the games, and follow the instructions. ...[/QUOTE]

Thanks Yukuo put them on my USB and copied them to my drive. Playing Dash of Destruction :applause:

[quote name='the Gooseler']Same here. I like knowing when I beat a game and the rate of progress I have made by the dates. Sucks that I didn't know you had to be online to get time stamped and several of the my earliest games don't have dates :cry:

Thanks Yukuo put them on my USB and copied them to my drive. Playing Dash of Destruction :applause:[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can point me to a site that shows how to put them onto a USB. I don't feel like grabbing any blank CDs/DVDs from the store for this when I have tons of USB sticks all over the place. Only issue is that I'm a mac user and I don't do bootcamp. Feel free to just PM me the details if you prefer to not fill up the thread.

Thanks.

[quote name='skonson']Any chance you can point me to a site that shows how to put them onto a USB. I don't feel like grabbing any blank CDs/DVDs from the store for this when I have tons of USB sticks all over the place. Only issue is that I'm a mac user and I don't do bootcamp. Feel free to just PM me the details if you prefer to not fill up the thread.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I used this guide and program. It was in the same thread to download the games. Just lurk through those kind of threads and you will find all you have to know.

EDIT: surelly when you choose to inject folder, it will pop up an error. Don't worry, wait around 5 minutes and drag the "content" folder to the right area. It should work now.

So Monaco is listed now but... Wheres the demo? Is it normal for demos to release after the game on arcade titles?

[quote name='Althax']So Monaco is listed now but... Wheres the demo? Is it normal for demos to release after the game on arcade titles?[/QUOTE]

It's a trap!

*Psh, new users can't post images. Bah! w ww.atravelbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

[quote name='Althax']So Monaco is listed now but... Wheres the demo? Is it normal for demos to release after the game on arcade titles?[/QUOTE]

Ya, it happens a lot where the demo doesn't hit the marketplace right away.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, but that value is still only of worth to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. What other value would gamerscore posit, ever? Like high scores, it's just for fun. And while most people don't seem to care about high scores anymore - I know I certainly stopped giving a damn about the hundredth time I was ranked in the bottom tens-of-thousands on a leaderboard - there is something strangely fun and compelling about increasing your GS over time, even if the means and effort through which you do so fluctuate drastically. Or maybe that is part of the fun.

Clearly we are all driven to and through gaming for varying reasons, but ever since the good ol' days of the original Diablo, I've found that my most enticing experiences in gaming usually have to do with the unrelenting quest for bigger and better numbers.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']...great the dlc of the first crash course seems to be delisted now i only can get the free trial but not the full dlc, neither ingame nor the marketplace...[/QUOTE]

That sucks, glad I picked it up yesterday. Did you try downloading the trial and purchasing it in game? I'm sure there's some buy now button in there.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
I too find the timestamp thing kinda goofy. More annoying than that, though, is that I lost some Rock Band 2 achievements earned when playing offline with friends, presumably because I didn't connect to XBL soon enough to validate them or whatever the hell. Might have had something to do with syncing.[/QUOTE]

I ran into this playing one of the Assassin's Creeds offline after getting hacked a few years back during the EA/FIFA debacle. Like a dumbass, I was using my hacked profile to play offline, not realizing that I wasn't going to be "allowed" back online with that copy of my profile until I re-downloaded a fresh, de-hacked version. So I popped a couple non-story cheevos and then was asked to re-download my de-hacked profile which effectively made everything null that I did with my old profile. My problem was that my gamesave knew that I had already done the tasks for those achievements, so after re-downloading my profile I had to take a do-over and start a new game to work on. At least I was smart enough, having a profile that could go online and get verified, to finish the rest of the game with my original gamesave instead of starting everything over. :drool:

Now, if you had migrated the profile you used offline back to your home console and then signed online with it, that would have done the trick to verify your offline cheezemints. I assume you didn't?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']...great the dlc of the first crash course seems to be delisted now i only can get the free trial but not the full dlc, neither ingame nor the marketplace...[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I didn't procrastinate like I always do. It's in my download queue. I got the online junk out of the way last night, so now I guess I can download it.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Well, yeah. What other value would gamerscore posit, ever? Like high scores, it's just for fun. And while most people don't seem to care about high scores anymore - I know I certainly stopped giving a damn about the hundredth time I was ranked in the bottom tens-of-thousands on a leaderboard - there is something strangely fun and compelling about increasing your GS over time, even if the means and effort through which you do so fluctuate drastically. Or maybe that is part of the fun.

Clearly we are all driven to and through gaming for varying reasons, but ever since the good ol' days of the original Diablo, I've found that my most enticing experiences in gaming usually have to do with the unrelenting quest for bigger and better numbers.[/QUOTE]
The original point of achievements back at launch was that it would be some sort of status symbol of how good of a gamer you were to the entire XBL community, which caused a lot of achievement whoring in the first couple of years before it became easy to rack up a lot of points if you had the time and desire to dive into that bottom tier of games on the system for easy points.

I enjoy reaching every 1k, 5k, 10k, etc. milestone when it happens, but I'm not driven to do that enough that I'll stoop to playing Avatar and all of those sorts of games to get there.

[quote name='hearsaybear']That sucks, glad I picked it up yesterday. Did you try downloading the trial and purchasing it in game? I'm sure there's some buy now button in there.[/QUOTE]

Yep as I said got the trial dlc but no option for unlocking the full dlc anymore...should have bought it yesterday argh -.- more incomplete games yay! at least I did the online stuff in the main game hum..

[quote name='ooga']What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Happy Action Theatre was delisted soon after the release of the sequel KinectParty which made the original obsolete (KP has all of HAT's channels), but Happy Action Theatre did have separate achievements, and ended up being relisted for a small amount of time.

Thought maybe Crash Course might be relisted temporarily or purchaseable within the trial.

Edit: Also really glad I come in this thread, picked up City Lights yesterday too.

Also, yay for access to Dash of Destruction & Yaris!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The original point of achievements back at launch was that it would be some sort of status symbol of how good of a gamer you were to the entire XBL community[/QUOTE]

Eh, it thought it was pretty obvious from year #1 that it wasn't so much a display of how good of a gamer you are, but how much of a gamer you are. Older 360 titles seem to have much greater disparities in achievement difficulty that would easily suggest it had nothing to do with being good, especially those launch titles that essentially boiled down to "play the campaign, get all the gamerscore."

[quote name='the Gooseler']Thanks Yokuo put them on my USB and copied them to my drive. Playing Dash of Destruction :applause:[/QUOTE]
No problem at all! I really enjoyed Dash of Destruction for what it was, and I think it's a shame that got pulled off the market.

I was able to find the disc cover I used for the compilation disc, but I can't find the game cover anywhere. If you guys want the disc cover I made, let me know and I'll upload it. I've got my disc in its 360 case with my photoshopped cover sitting with my collection. Titled it "Xbox Live Arcade: Free Games" because I'm so creative lol

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Eh, it thought it was pretty obvious from year #1 that it wasn't so much a display of how good of a gamer you are, but how much of a gamer you are. Older 360 titles seem to have much greater disparities in achievement difficulty that would easily suggest it had nothing to do with being good, especially those launch titles that essentially boiled down to "play the campaign, get all the gamerscore."[/QUOTE]
Sure, but that's not how they were marketed up to launch. The community's response to the achievements of certain games definitely shaped how developers designed them from then on, though MS seemed to care more that people would buy more games just to get more points than whatever silly ideas they had before launch.

MS also had plans for a real money marketplace for user-created content and the ability to live stream games to a ton of people, so their pre-launch plans didn't always work out the way they wanted it to.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yep as I said got the trial dlc but no option for unlocking the full dlc anymore...should have bought it yesterday argh -.- more incomplete games yay! at least I did the online stuff in the main game hum..[/QUOTE]

On that note. The servers were still up last night and I managed to get my online achievements. However, who knows when those will be taken down, so those who want them better get them soon.

Ugh, I didn't buy the dlc for Crash Course yesterday, oh well, now that it appears to be delisted, it actually added to my completed games for the 200/200

I was going to buy it last night, but had to wait for my points to arrive. It's too bad that with all of their ways of modern communication they couldn't, you know, mention that they were going to delete it.

Can someone message Major Nelson to ask him if the content is being brought back? It's happened before.

And if people want to race tonight, since it seems like the servers could go away, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sooooo happy I bit on the DLC yesterday when the heads up was given that the game had been delisted. Thank you again to whoever it was that brought it to this threads attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back