XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']

Also if I'm posting too many links let me know and I'll stop, just excited by the good sale after such a long drought, all of January.[/QUOTE]

Nope I love the links. Crazy that all these deals are dropping along with the 5% rebate AND the House party rebate. Glad I showed restraint over the holidays.

In for The Missing Link DLC. Deus Ex was my GOTY last year and I've been looking forward to checking it out.

Probably going to pass on Batman since skins and challenge rooms don't really do anything for me.

NBA Jam has tons of content and kept me busy for a long time. 800 points is a no brainer.

Also can't wait for Shank 2 tomorrow! Loved the first game and won't be able to resist buying this day 1. Should be easier to swallow since it's launching at 800 this time around.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Any opinions on Lara Croft:GOL DLC.[/QUOTE]

One of the challenge packs was (and maybe still is) free. I played a little bit of that one and wasn't impressed at all.

LC:GOL is a great game but (in my opinion) it's about 3 or 4 levels too long. Then, if you go back to 200/200 it, you've replayed most the levels twice. At that point, I was SO ready to be done with the game, and challenge levels that added no additional achievements didn't interest me in the slightest.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I would probably recommend doing a run through of the first level with each class and see if either of the other two interest you. Just an FYI you don't need to buy all 3 to get the acheivement for beating the first level with all 3. Once one is unlocked you can earn that achievement. If you are that on the fence about it I would just go ahead and splurge the extra $3. Worst case scenario you are out $3. If/when I go to play it again I'll run with the warrior I think. I always play mages and CA was no exception. My brother did play the rogue and he seemed pretty happy with it other than his blocking ability wasn't as good as mine or the warrior's.

As far as being better in multiplayer I would agree. Like most coop games it is better with more players. However, it is soloable and is enjoyable as such.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all the info!

[quote name='crookshow']In for The Missing Link DLC. Deus Ex was my GOTY last year and I've been looking forward to checking it out.

NBA Jam has tons of content and kept me busy for a long time. 800 points is a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

If I can give any advice about Deus Ex it is this. Play the first time through without reading any guides or what not and do not worry about achievements. I made the mistake of worrying about achievements and I played the first mission like 4 times last night because I kept doing things "wrong" in order to be sure I got certain achievements. In hindsight it really ruined the beginning of the game for me. This game begs to be played 3-4 times and I suggest you make the first one as clean of a play (no outside influences) as possible. Just my 2 cents so far.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If I can give any advice about Deus Ex it is this. Play the first time through without reading any guides or what not and do not worry about achievements. I made the mistake of worrying about achievements and I played the first mission like 4 times last night because I kept doing things "wrong" in order to be sure I got certain achievements. In hindsight it really ruined the beginning of the game for me. This game begs to be played 3-4 times and I suggest you make the first one as clean of a play (no outside influences) as possible. Just my 2 cents so far.[/QUOTE]

I didn't use any guides, but I did end up reloading saves several times because I was going for both the no alarms and no kills achievements. Somehow ended up screwing up both of these along the way, but it was still a lot of fun playing the game in that style. Felt very Metal Gear like.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Any opinions on Lara Croft:GOL DLC. I got it for $5 at BBY a few months back but have not had the time to try it. It does not add any achievements so I am not sure if i would even want to spend the time.[/QUOTE]

LC:GOL is a great game, but the first DLC was free for a while and I grabbed it then and it is pretty terrible. I can't imagine paying for it and really doubt the other challenge pack is any better, but I don't know for sure. Just stick with the main game IMHO.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Nope I love the links. Crazy that all these deals are dropping along with the 5% rebate AND the House party rebate. Glad I showed restraint over the holidays.[/QUOTE]

What is this 5% rebate you speak of?

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']What is this 5% rebate you speak of?[/QUOTE]

If you are a Xbox live gold member the entire month of Feb you will get 5% back on all purchases this month.

[quote name='louiedog']This month's Xbox Rewards promotion. You must be a Gold member through the month of February.

http://rewards.xbox.com/[/QUOTE]

Oh awsome, didn't realize this was going on. And I just spent a 4000 MSP on rock band DLC the other day, so I got a head start!

I just hope it actually counts everything. I've been a rewards member since September and I have yet to receive the bonus 100 MSP for your 1st marketplace purchase (I've made PLENTY of purchases since then). And Netflix use.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']I just hope it actually counts everything. I've been a rewards member since September and I have yet to receive the bonus 100 MSP for your 1st marketplace purchase (I've made PLENTY of purchases since then). And Netflix use.[/QUOTE]

You would've only gotten those bonuses if you hadn't bought anything or used Netflix *ever* before signing up for XBLR.

[quote name='crookshow']I didn't use any guides, but I did end up reloading saves several times because I was going for both the no alarms and no kills achievements. Somehow ended up screwing up both of these along the way, but it was still a lot of fun playing the game in that style. Felt very Metal Gear like.[/QUOTE]

The pacifist (no kills) achievement also counts the very first level, where you aren't augmented and have a gun. I was working with the no kills achievement in mind for like 3/4 of the game before I read that and just said, "to hell with it." It still helps to not use guns for most of the game though, but it was nice when I got into a tough spot and just went with it. Also, there is a mission later on where you have to "kill someone," but there is a way to not kill them that isn't as obvious. Failing to do that will also result in the achievement failing.

If anyone is interested I reviewed Swarm back when it came out. The price I recommended purchasing it was 600 MSP, so it's not quite where I would of suggested, but more in the ballpark. I can't vouch for whether or not the game has been updated at all since then. Haven't touched it since I finished my review.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If anyone is interested I reviewed Swarm back when it came out. The price I recommended purchasing it was 600 MSP, so it's not quite where I would of suggested, but more in the ballpark. I can't vouch for whether or not the game has been updated at all since then. Haven't touched it since I finished my review.[/QUOTE]

Swarm is actually down to 400 now. It's well worth 400, I got it for $7.34 on PSN and was very happy with it!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
If anyone is interested I reviewed Swarm back when it came out. The price I recommended purchasing it was 600 MSP, so it's not quite where I would of suggested, but more in the ballpark. I can't vouch for whether or not the game has been updated at all since then. Haven't touched it since I finished my review.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Swarm is 400 points now, so it should be a slam dunk in that case.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']It's like Microsoft asked me last week, "Hey Soda, what should we put on sale?"

"Bastion, Crimson Alliance and NBA Jam"

"You got it!"[/QUOTE]

Do us all a favor and tell them to put Trine 2 on sale then =P

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
If anyone is interested I reviewed Swarm back when it came out. The price I recommended purchasing it was 600 MSP, so it's not quite where I would of suggested, but more in the ballpark. I can't vouch for whether or not the game has been updated at all since then. Haven't touched it since I finished my review.[/QUOTE]

Since Swarm is 400pts now, it is below the recommendation, so... ;-)

Edit: Beaten to it. That's what I get for working at work. ;-)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Holy shit! Check out the new releases dlc tab in the games marketplace. If you thought capcom and square enix milk out their games, go check what warner brothers did to gc impostors. Nice to see jam on sale, but I can wait for 600[/QUOTE]

I thought "how bad could it really be?" and then I looked.
The words "Holy Shit!" actually did come out of my mouth!
77 of the 100 in the new DLC release "tab" is all GC Impostors.
By the looks of all of this DLC, it appears that you character starts off naked and in dire need of being covered in layers of DLC before the MS Decency Police come get him!

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']It's like Microsoft asked me last week, "Hey Soda, what should we put on sale?"

"Bastion, Crimson Alliance and NBA Jam"

"You got it!"[/QUOTE]

Toy Soldiers: Cold War please. Can't believe it's taking so long. Especially since Crimson Alliance was the bonus for buying all 5 of the SoA games!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Edit: Beaten to it. That's what I get for working at work. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Haha, sucker! ;)

I believe all of that GCI stuff is available in-game with earnable tokens - so is it really that big of a deal? So if people want to pay real money to get it early - I don't have a problem with it.

[quote name='WonkyToad']I thought "how bad could it really be?" and then I looked.
The words "Holy Shit!" actually did come out of my mouth!
77 of the 100 in the new DLC release "tab" is all GC Impostors.
By the looks of all of this DLC, it appears that you character starts off naked and in dire need of being covered in layers of DLC before the MS Decency Police come get him![/QUOTE]

You can use MS points to unlock items in game. Or you can just play the game and unlock them without spending anything after the initial download. It's for impatient people/people without a lot of time.

What I liked about the unlock system during the beta was you could unlock whatever you wanted after getting an unlock "key". I didn't have to wait to unlock a compound bow, I could get it as soon as I had a weapon unlock key (which you get just by leveling up).

ETA: there were different loadouts which didn't require the use of unlocks as well. So you pretty much had access to all of the equipment right away. The unlocks were only for your custom loadouts.

ETA 2: So after looking at the download page (bought it today) - it looks like all the DLC is costume related. :shrug: What's the big deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Swarm is actually down to 400 now. It's well worth 400, I got it for $7.34 on PSN and was very happy with it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Felder71']Actually, Swarm is 400 points now, so it should be a slam dunk in that case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Since Swarm is 400pts now, it is below the recommendation, so... ;-)

Edit: Beaten to it. That's what I get for working at work. ;-)[/QUOTE]

My bad. Thought I read 800 somewhere. 400 is definitely a good price for this then, and yeah, 200 under what I said would be worth paying (rather than 200 over). The difficulty spikes like mad (least I thought it did) about mid-way through the game and it was super frustrating, but also unique and worth checking out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Toy Soldiers: Cold War please. Can't believe it's taking so long. Especially since Crimson Alliance was the bonus for buying all 5 of the SoA games![/QUOTE]

They should put both Toy Soldiers on sale. I've been waiting forever for the first one to hit my price point.

Although my luck it would be 800 for each and I'm a buyer for 600 or less.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Question:
Can anyone confirm if Swarm and Puzzle Arcade are "sales" or "price drops"?[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Arcade is part of the Square Enix Sale. Swarm is a price drop.

sort of off topic but i thought i would ask here since most use bing to get microsoft points and i don't know where else to ask

is anybody else having trouble accessing bing to get points? the bing website is working for me but the discover section to do searches to earn points isn't working for me at all, the screen just stays blank

anybody else having this problem? thanks

Got Tomb Raider: Underworld - Lara's Shadow DLC and Deus Ex - Missing Link. Anyone have an opinion on the other piece of Tomb Raider: Underworld DLC?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Toy Soldiers: Cold War please. Can't believe it's taking so long. Especially since Crimson Alliance was the bonus for buying all 5 of the SoA games!

I hope MS puts both of the Toy Soldiers on sale in the near future.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is Crimson Alliance any good? I'm playing Dragon Age Origins for the first time. How does it compare to dragon age 1?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it co-op with a friend. It's not like dragon age though. It's a top-down ARPG like Diablo, only not as good. You can play the trial through the first level i think, but you have to buy a character pack to play the full game.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is Crimson Alliance any good? I'm playing Dragon Age Origins for the first time. How does it compare to dragon age 1?[/QUOTE]

you can download the entire game but cannot progress past the 1st chapter. consider it a demo but it shows up in your played games. dirty trick for ppl that can't have unfinished achievements on their profile.

it's basically button mashing and loot hording.

[quote name='100xp']you can download the entire game but cannot progress past the 1st chapter. consider it a demo but it shows up in your played games. dirty trick for ppl that can't have unfinished achievements on their profile.

it's basically button mashing and loot hording.[/QUOTE]

A few years ago they added the ability to remove games from your profile if you don't have any achievements unlocked. Unless they got rid of it in a later update it should still work. I haven't had a reason to try it in a long time since they also removed trials from showing up.

[quote name='Barry Burton']sort of off topic but i thought i would ask here since most use bing to get microsoft points and i don't know where else to ask

is anybody else having trouble accessing bing to get points? the bing website is working for me but the discover section to do searches to earn points isn't working for me at all, the screen just stays blank

anybody else having this problem? thanks[/QUOTE]

It seems to be working normally for me. I am able to get points and redeem. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? Maybe try logging in from a different browser?

[quote name='crookshow']It seems to be working normally for me. I am able to get points and redeem. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? Maybe try logging in from a different browser?[/QUOTE]

i tried 3 different browsers, for whatever reason the "discover" section won't load for me while every other section works fine

thanks for the response

[quote name='Barry Burton']i tried 3 different browsers, for whatever reason the "discover" section won't load for me while every other section works fine

thanks for the response[/QUOTE]

On second look, the discover section isn't loading for me either. Get the same blank page. I always just earn my points using the drop down menu at the top right. I never get any new offers in the discover section anymore so I rarely check it.

I managed to snag Bastion for 600 this morning before it went back to full price, but after the DOTW ad got updated to show Crimson Alliance.

Almost missed that one!

is it easy enough to gold medal with the un-upgraded classes on level 1 to get the full 200 on crimson alliance? i am sure i will only play the game once so would prefer to just buy 1 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back