XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']While we're talking about XBLA games we enjoy, here's my Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam & Earl review. I highly recommend it, though mostly for the first game of course.

I wish SEGA would hurry up and get me those Model 2 game review codes. I do wanna play them![/QUOTE]
$5 man! less than 4 with even poorly discounted points (which any cheapass only buys, no reason to pay MS more money than necessary). support our troops! sega even went back and patched NiGHTS controls to perfectly match the saturn ones, only bc the fans supported the game and clamored for it. very few companies would put out a patch that will only serve the needs of hardcore fans (who ALREADY bought the game day 1) would notice.

more importantly i want fighters megamix on this system, and i want it now. any of these three as a buy is a vote for sega to rerelease that masterpiece.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']hey cheapasses who like fighting games, buy fighting vipers. its only $4 with discounted points (which you all buy), and its a fantastic casual fighter especially for a live game where you can play it in small chunks and always have a blast smashing people through walls. Its the most unique of the am2 triplet (well sonic is but that's a little more novelty than pure fighter, and vf2 is only better than 5 in nostalgic eyes in most parts), vipers doesn't really have anything out thats quite like it but it has a lot going for it.

more importantly i'm trying to play online but no one else is searching to play. buy now and play plz lol. i don't buy fighters to just play the cpu so i'm disappointed it doesn't have a crowd even the first week of release, put down SF3:3S and play something more pick up and play for once (although with the depth of virtua fighter included, its still one of the easiest fighting games that exist to pick up and play. 3 buttons.)[/QUOTE]

I'd rather support a discounted Skullgirls. But apparently there's some turmoil around that game.

I have no nostalgia for old fighting games, in fact, fighting games caused much of my disinterest in games in that era. I do not enjoy competitive games against people, just co-op or man vs programming. Been that way for a long time.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']$5 man! less than 4 with even poorly discounted points (which any cheapass only buys, no reason to pay MS more money than necessary). support our troops! sega even went back and patched NiGHTS controls to perfectly match the saturn ones, only bc the fans supported the game and clamored for it. very few companies would put out a patch that will only serve the needs of hardcore fans (who ALREADY bought the game day 1) would notice. [/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the 3 Sega Model 2 fighters are all totally worth the cost. But I will be getting review codes for sure, so there's no reason for me to buy them. I do my part by spreading the word about the games. I do buy whichever titles I don't review though, such as the SVC Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy collections. :)

[quote name='eastx'] Let’s hope they publish the seldom-played ToeJam & Earl 3 on XBLA and PSN someday as well.[/QUOTE]

Great review and couldn't agree more.

[quote name='eastx']Oh yeah, the 3 Sega Model 2 reviews are all totally worth the cost. But I will be reviewing review codes for sure, so there's no review for me to review them. I do my part by reviewing the word about the reviews. I do buy whichever reviews I don't review though, such as the SVC Review Kidd and Wonder Review collections. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh, you and your reviews. I occasionally stop to take a peek but more often than not you just leave me wondering why I didn't chase that game journalism dream, one of the more feasible ideas I ever had.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Oh, you and your reviews. I occasionally stop to take a peek but more often than not you just leave me wondering why I didn't chase that game journalism dream, one of the more feasible ideas I ever had.[/QUOTE]

Aww. Well, it's never too late to get into it, assuming you have the time to write. I do find it highly rewarding, even if I have a tendency to bite off more than I chew by committing to review numerous games in a short time period.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Great review and couldn't agree more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! :D

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Anyone think that I Am Alive will go 50% off with the Ubisoft sale?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it considering it sold rather well at full price. Plus it was just on sale last week.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Because they haven't got around to Alpha 2 yet.[/QUOTE]

Oh i think we can skip Alpha and Alpha 2 ... Though an alpha compilation would be beast mode.

Id literally kill my younger sister for CvS, CvS2, and SvC on XBLA

Kim, Ken, and Guile ;D

[quote name='eastx']Aww. Well, it's never too late to get into it, assuming you have the time to write.[/QUOTE]

I have entirely too much time to write. Maybe I should start game blogging and work my way up, even if only for my own entertainment.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']... why isnt Street Fighter Alpha 3 on XBLA?

#stonerepiphany[/QUOTE]

This stoner dreams of an XBLA where Battletoads is sold. And not pre-ordered.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']This stoner dreams of an XBLA where Battletoads is sold. And not pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

One of the WayForward devs was open to the idea of adding the Battletoads as DLC to Double Dragon Neon.

And while people are pestering Microsoft and Rare about Battletoads, they should also be sure to mention Jet Force Gemini.

Wow, it never dawned on me that Battletoads is technically an MS franchise now. All these years and only now do I realize this? Looks like I brought it up in just the right place.

All that being said, now that I realize who owns it, I have even less confidence that it will ever be revived.

[quote name='biledriver']...I do not enjoy competitive games against people, just co-op or man vs programming. Been that way for a long time.[/QUOTE]
Although there are some games that I like to play against others, I also tend to enjoy co-op gaming more. I love the "man vs programming" term you used. I've never heard or seen that used before, I may find it entering my own vocabulary.
[quote name='Shifty Effect']Anyone think that I Am Alive will go 50% off with the Ubisoft sale?[/QUOTE]
It would be nice but like others have said, I doubt it.

[quote name='Bloomy']One of the WayForward devs was open to the idea of adding the Battletoads as DLC to Double Dragon Neon.

And while people are pestering Microsoft and Rare about Battletoads, they should also be sure to mention Jet Force Gemini.[/QUOTE]That would've been AWESOME, considering there was already a past Double Dragon/Battletoads crossover. Though I'm still waiting for them to add that patch for online play.

& I wouldn't mind a XBLA port of Jet Force Jemini.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was 800msp, that's why a lot of us didn't buy it. I know I'm hoping for it to be knocked down to 600 this time.[/QUOTE]

Whiff on my behalf. Might explain why I didn't get it either. ;-) Knew I was holding off for some reason...

I am looking forward to the 12 days of XMAS sales!! WOO!!!

I am sad that Doritos Unlock Xbox stopped doing their contests. They did two, two years apart and was hoping to see one this year. I enjoyed the games created.

[quote name='Bercelak']I bought all 3 Sega Model 2 fighters games just for old times sake, and didn't realize they are ridiculously easy 400/400 games!!! :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yeah apparently you can get 400/400 in Sonic the Fighters in 5-7 minutes. Even Daytona USA took half an hour.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah apparently you can get 400/400 in Sonic the Fighters in 5-7 minutes. Even Daytona USA took half an hour.[/QUOTE]

Is it sad that I'm considering buying it now just for the easy 400?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Is it sad that I'm considering buying it now just for the easy 400?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it is.

I am too.

I'll wait for a sale.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']Yes, yes it is.

I am too.

I'll wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I won't buy them even in a sale. But I'm glad many people will buy them just for the achievements, that way maybe SEGA will considerer releasing Fighters Megamix (that I would buy for 400MSP, gladly).

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']Yes, yes it is.

I am too.

I'll wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Me too. In the meantime, that previous post compelled me to play Daytona USA for about 10 minutes. Sure enough, 5/12 achievements right there...

VF2 is perfect on XBLA. The graphics, music and timing (important!) are spot on. I could play with my eyes shut using muscle memory!!

Easy 400G you say? I'm tempted. Oh so tempted. The fact that they're only 400 makes it an even harder deal to resist.

When accessing the "Sales & Specials App" on the console to play the daily "non-winning" scratch off.....afterwards when you try to go back to the home page, does anyone else's Xbox freeze up like mine does ? It doesn't happen everytime, but it's been a constant thing I've dealt with since this app hit the console.
Would've been nice if it's a known issue, if MS would have addressed it.

Thank Gamers.

[quote name='Tarheel76']When accessing the "Sales & Specials App" on the console to play the daily "non-winning" scratch off.....afterwards when you try to go back to the home page, does anyone else's Xbox freeze up like mine does ?[/QUOTE]

It's happened to me a couple times. That App has been slow and buggy from day one. On the other hand, I won a free alien mask for my doll avatar using that App. So there's that. :???:

Is it too late to get the "sales and specials" app?

It currently not in the home area of my dashboard nor anywhere else on the dashboard. Also wasn't in the apss area when I tried searching for it.

In this video it is located near the bottom right of the home area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYqTIGErIKI

but for me it shows "Free Gold Weekend" in its place.

[quote name='Tarheel76']When accessing the "Sales & Specials App" on the console to play the daily "non-winning" scratch off.....afterwards when you try to go back to the home page, does anyone else's Xbox freeze up like mine does ? It doesn't happen everytime, but it's been a constant thing I've dealt with since this app hit the console.
Would've been nice if it's a known issue, if MS would have addressed it.

Thank Gamers.[/QUOTE]

The S&S app has always had issues for me too. Although it has only completely locked up a few time it ALWAYS takes FOREVER to enter and exit it. Sometimes I don't even bother using it for the scratch and match because it's so slow. I suppose I would have more incentive if I had won something by now. Oh well, it is free and sometimes you get what you pay for.

Love how Konami releases Silent Hill HD Collection for GoD while they publicly acknowledged the game having some severe issues and won't patch it. Arrogance at It's finest.

[quote name='antlp89']Is it too late to get the "sales and specials" app?[/QUOTE]

I think if you just browse games in the marketplace its under 'most downloaded' or something. 99% sure i've seen it there a few times.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Love how Konami releases Silent Hill HD Collection for GoD while they publicly acknowledged the game having some severe issues and won't patch it. Arrogance at It's finest.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was chuckling at that as well.

Does anyone else think VF2 is impossibly hard? I remember when i was about 10 and a local arcade got it. I probably spent 1000$ in quarters just on that game. I never ONCE got passed stage 5 (Lion). I tried CONSTANTLY. I was practically traumatized. I played it so much it eventuelly overheated and broke. I hadn't played since then. So here i am, years later, thinking this is it. It's on XBL. I'm going to have my revenge for the years of torture this game gave me. I get to stage 5, and i STILL can't fucking beat him. I hate my life. This game owns me.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If anyone is actually considering Deadliest Warrior, a few stores on amazon are fulfilling Amazon's orders fr $6.99. So you can get the first game AND the second game with all DLC for $6.99. Just gota find filler items unless your on prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadliest-War...?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1354130259&sr=1-197[/QUOTE]

I know it's a few days before the Deadliest Warrior is the DOTW, but I just wanted to say thanks again Monsta Mack for posting this deal.....I received my copy this afternoon, and have had quite a good time thus far playing it. Of course it takes a moment to get used to the play, feel of the controls and the LONG loading screens after each match. But with everything that comes with purchasing this disc version, I feel like I really got a bargain when it was $6.99 w/ no tax (I live in AZ) & free 2-day shipping with my month free of "PRIME".
It's gone up a bit now to $9.77, (which is the cheapest at the moment), from one seller where Amazon fulfills the order, but even getting it at that current price is a better deal than next week's offer of buying everything separately.

*Also note if you decide to purchase this disc version, it will load up and divert you back to your library of games, and you have to launch each Deadliest Warrior & Legends from there. (kinda like Namco Museum Arcade for those that have that.) Yes, a pain, but for grabbing it at $6.99 when I did, I can cope with the process of actually starting the game, and then the load times between matches.

*The DLCs for both games are automatically loaded/registered when you start each game. (They are on the disc, no code to input). Also comes with a bonus dvd with 6 full episodes of Deadliest Warrior.

[quote name='Barry Burton']what are the issues with silent hill? i thought only the ps3 version had framerate issues[/QUOTE]
You have it opposite, 360 is the bad version.

As best as I can remember, at release the PS3 version was actually worse than the Xbox version. Most review videos showed comparisons between the PS3 and 360 version, where the 360 version was performing quite a bit better.

EDIT: Here are a few sources from when the game released in March, when the consensus was that the 360 version performed significantly better than the PS3 version, and that the PS3 version of SH3 was almost unplayable due to framerate issues:

Youtube review (6:25 and specifically 8:40)

GameFAQ forums: #1 #2 #3

And lots more that I'm not gonna post.

Soon after release they announced that the PS3 version would be getting a patch to get up to par with the 360 version. I'm not sure if this patch actually improved it beyond the 360 version. But I guess they had announced the 360 would be getting a patch too but that patch was canceled which caused a shitstorm.

I'm not trying to defend this obviously shoddy port or the defend the cancellation of an announced patch. Just want to make sure that people know that the 360 version was quite a bit better than the PS3 version at launch, and the fact that the PS3 version got a patch and the 360 version didn't doesn't mean that the PS3 version is head and shoulders better. More than likely the patch only brought the PS3 version up to par with the 360 version, or it might be a little bit better than the 360 version. The whole story about the canceled 360 patch was overblown a tad.

I'd love to see someone do a comparison between the 360 version and the patched PS3 version. If one exists, I can't seem to find it. Since every website on the internet picked up the "Konami cancels SH patch for 360" story, Google-ing it is producing totally useless results.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Barry Burton']what are the issues with silent hill? [/QUOTE]
How much time do you have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc

In short, everything. The walk speed is almost slow motion in Silent Hill 3, the unnecessary borders on key scenes, the fade in and fade out that ruins gameplay, the new dubbing in SH3, the sometimes fog appears and sometimes doesn't, it goes on for awhile.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Is it sad that I'm considering buying it now just for the easy 400?[/QUOTE]

Sega LOVES putting games on sale. Try to wait.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sega LOVES putting games on sale. Try to wait.[/QUOTE]

This. I waited for the Vintage games to go on sale and sure enough, the next big "Sega Games" sale had the lot. I'll wait these ones out too.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sega LOVES putting games on sale. Try to wait.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. And I'll be waiting. :D I couldn't wait when Sonic CD was published though... that was a steal at 400.

[quote name='Zonic505']This month on Xbox Rewards, spend 2,000 MSP on the marketplace this month (any content will do) & get 100 MSP back. & all your pending points will be transferred, no waiting to hit 100 or more.[/QUOTE]

I should have known this would happen just after I finally splurge on an 800 point Rock Band 2 export. But as long as the sales toward the end of the month don't totally suck, I could see myself easily spending that much. Not that $1.25 is very compelling...

And for what my two stupid cents are worth, I think Konami has a lot of nerve putting a pile of shit they won't patch on GoD. If I knew who to fire off a scathing email to, I'd consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back