XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's finally Megaman 9's time to shine, as far as I know it's never been on sale.

Meanwhile, MM10's been on sale at least thrice.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I haven't seen Flock mentioned in any of the replies, but according to Wikipedia that's a Capcom game too.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned it...

Thanks all. Out of those listed, I'd be interested in Puzzle Fighter and Axis of Evil. Most the rest I have, except for some of the SF games because I'm awful at fighting games.

I just hope Puzzle Fighter HD finally goes on sale, should there be some kind of Capcom sale this week or so. Might get 1942 if it's on sale as well, though I'll try the demo.

[quote name='Zonic505']I just hope Puzzle Fighter HD finally goes on sale, should there be some kind of Capcom sale this week or so. Might get 1942 if it's on sale as well, though I'll try the demo.[/QUOTE]

i'm totally down fro some puzzle fighter HD. hope that goes on sale as well.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It'd be cool if RE4 was half-off like it will be on PSN+.[/QUOTE]

you do know that its microsoft right? So is RE4 considered a arcade game or a game on demand? if it's arcade I have no promblem waiting for it to go on sale, since I already beta on the ps2 awhile back. Great game top 10 for sure.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you do know that its microsoft right? So is RE4 considered a arcade game or a game on demand? if it's arcade I have no promblem waiting for it to go on sale, since I already beta on the ps2 awhile back. Great game top 10 for sure.[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to be a GoD. It was a retail release in Japan, and it includes the full 1000 Gamerscore, though it has 12 achievements like most Arcade games. Kind of odd.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you do know that its microsoft right? So is RE4 considered a arcade game or a game on demand? if it's arcade I have no promblem waiting for it to go on sale, since I already beta on the ps2 awhile back. Great game top 10 for sure.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that they will be games on demand with 1000 GS rather than XBLA games with 200 GS

ima laugh at everyone including myself if it turns out to be a gears themed dotw or some other shit. Hopefully not i want both mega mans, final fight, and puzzle fighter, also age of booty. Im kicking myself for not getting it last time for 200 MSP.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']ima laugh at everyone including myself if it turns out to be a gears themed dotw or some other shit. Hopefully not i want both mega mans, final fight, and puzzle fighter, also age of booty. Im kicking myself for not getting it last time for 200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Gears stuff on sale two weeks in a row? Now that would make me really angry.

[quote name='cancerman1120']What is it with this thread in particular with people who like to shout down or complain about people who post their opinion/displeasure about DLC prices? Almost any other thread people are allowed to say things like this games is worth $60 or $30 or $10 yet when someone says DLC is not worth X.XX amount or that they are charging too much or it should be included IN the game people get defensive. It is both people who pay these prices AND those people who think DLC is always a justified practice that keep pushing more and more of these types of practices.

CAG is a place to find deals on video games. If we cannot agree that $45 skins are a bad direction for our games then I am not sure why you visit this site. It may be optional but that does not make this any less disgusting.

The fact they have announce $75 in DLC for a game that cost $60 before it was released should make any CAG worried about the future of cheap gaming.

@crushtopher...I am not trying to be an butt but you don't quote someone and talk about people bitching and then say you were not directing it toward the person you quoted.[/QUOTE]
agree 100%. these forums are getting as bad about haters as the amazon forums. good grief, the point of the forums is for people to discuss. every time someone says something, these "mr. happy" people are saying you are crying or whining, but their posts are pointless (just like mine this time). if you don't have a question or concern to voice, an answer to someone's question, an appreciative post, or something to contribute to something, what is the point of their posts, lol?

they whine about people whining (in their minds). get a grip. not everyone spends 18 hours a day on the interwebz. take your pent up frustration out on someone else, or take a break for once (you know being online that long is turrible for your eyes, don't you?).

also, if you quote someone, it's very reasonable for that person to think you were talking to them. whay else would you quote them?
=========================================

to add to the thread, i hope next week is a capcom week, too. where did everyone hear about the final fight being 400 msp? is it the one that has the other, rpg like, arcade game bundled with it?

[quote name='twztid13']to add to the thread, i hope next week is a capcom week, too. where did everyone hear about the final fight being 400 msp? is it the one that has the other, rpg like, arcade game bundled with it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']They are speculating based on a few things:

1. We have had a few publisher themed sales recently and in the past
2. Capcom-Unity posted saying Final Fight was on sale when it wasn't[/QUOTE]

It was posted earlier as well but I didn't want to sift through the last few pages since I knew reddjoey had just posted it on the last page.

And yes Final Fight Double Impact has an RPG-like arcade game with it. Forgive but I forget the name atm. If FF: DI goes on sale again do yourself a favor and buy it. Great old-school beat-em up and well worth the $5 let alone the bonus game that came with it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']god you guys are spamming the shit of this thread lately with all these rants. Just plain and simple if you want it go ahead and buy it, if not save that money for something else. You can't hate on epic for this. Their trying to get more money, can you hate on people trying to hussle and get more money.[/QUOTE]
people are complaining about how high the prices are. they are gouging the crap out of people that like their games, so they are upset. they have every right to be. game companies have also started scanning forums & such, so complaints have changed alot of things this gen. if you don't like the complaints, don't read them.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']ima laugh at everyone including myself if it turns out to be a gears themed dotw or some other shit. Hopefully not i want both mega mans, final fight, and puzzle fighter, also age of booty. Im kicking myself for not getting it last time for 200 MSP.[/QUOTE]
hypocrisy, much? how is this not spam, by your definition? because it's something you want to talk about, lol? the purpose of the threads are for discussion, in case you weren't aware. follow your own advice - if you don't like it don't read it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It was posted earlier as well but I didn't want to sift through the last few pages since I knew reddjoey had just posted it on the last page.

And yes Final Fight Double Impact has an RPG-like arcade game with it. Forgive but I forget the name atm. If FF: DI goes on sale again do yourself a favor and buy it. Great old-school beat-em up and well worth the $5 let alone the bonus game that came with it.[/QUOTE]
it's all good. that's exactly what i wanted to know. it's sweet it's the one with magic sword (which may be the only one, lol), but i wanted that for a bit. now i have the points to get it if it's 400 msp. thanks, again.

[quote name='twztid13']it's all good. that's exactly what i wanted to know. it's sweet it's the one with magic sword (which may be the only one, lol), but i wanted that for a bit. now i have the points to get it if it's 400 msp. thanks, again.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. Anything to help get this thread back on track. I just hope they put some arcade games on sale that I don't have yet as well.

[quote name='twztid13']people are complaining about how high the prices are. they are gouging the crap out of people that like their games, so they are upset. they have every right to be. game companies have also started scanning forums & such, so complaints have changed alot of things this gen. if you don't like the complaints, don't read them.

hypocrisy, much? how is this not spam, by your definition? because it's something you want to talk about, lol? the purpose of the threads are for discussion, in case you weren't aware. follow your own advice - if you don't like it don't read it.[/QUOTE]

why-you-mad-bro.jpg

It's a joke. Yeah its spam but the last couple of pages have been nothing but rants and rants about the gears 3 gun skins. Atleast my spam is related to the thread.

For sure. I really don't think it will be a Capcom themed deal of the week, but if it is that's fine, will be better than what we've had lately. I mostly just asked about Capcom games to change the direction of this board.

Now I'm hoping for a Capcom sale. That would be rad. But it'll probably just be two or three games on sale and not anything amazing.

[quote name='twztid13']people are complaining about how high the prices are. they are gouging the crap out of people that like their games, so they are upset. they have every right to be. game companies have also started scanning forums & such, so complaints have changed alot of things this gen. if you don't like the complaints, don't read them.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, absolutely. People who have different opinions than you should just not read your comment instead of replying and discussing the difference of opinion. That's conducive to discussion.

Also, of course everyone has the right to complain about a pointless product that they absolutely do not need being sold at a high price. That's extremely productive.

[quote name='twztid13']agree 100%. these forums are getting as bad about haters as the amazon forums. good grief, the point of the forums is for people to discuss. every time someone says something, these "mr. happy" people are saying you are crying or whining, but their posts are pointless (just like mine this time). if you don't have a question or concern to voice, an answer to someone's question, an appreciative post, or something to contribute to something, what is the point of their posts, lol?

they whine about people whining (in their minds). get a grip. not everyone spends 18 hours a day on the interwebz. take your pent up frustration out on someone else, or take a break for once (you know being online that long is turrible for your eyes, don't you?).

also, if you quote someone, it's very reasonable for that person to think you were talking to them. whay else would you quote them?
=========================================

to add to the thread, i hope next week is a capcom week, too. where did everyone hear about the final fight being 400 msp? is it the one that has the other, rpg like, arcade game bundled with it?[/QUOTE]

This site went so down hill the last 6-12 months with the haters. I stopped posting deals and giving stuff away for free cause people hate on you for doing it! This place had way more respect for so long and was proud to help people. I just got sick of the hate so why bother.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This site went so down hill the last 6-12 months with the haters. I stopped posting deals and giving stuff away for free cause people hate on you for doing it! This place had way more respect for so long and was proud to help people. I just got sick of the hate so why bother.[/QUOTE]

yep i dont really bother posting in deals forum at least since it seems like everyone here is competing to see who can be a bigger ahole. though glad to see this thread is well mainatined since i try to check it every day.

[quote name='reddjoey']Another log to throw on the Capcom sale fire.

RE4 on Games on Demand out tomorrow for 1600 MSP.[/QUOTE]

I hope they do a demo for RE4. I've only played it on the PC with a mod to allow mouse-look, so I'm a little unsure about the one-stick controls. If I can't try it first, I'll definitely have to wait for it to go on sale.

[quote name='reddjoey']Another log to throw on the Capcom sale fire.

RE4 on Games on Demand out tomorrow for 1600 MSP.[/QUOTE]

ISn't it tuesday for PSN, and wednesday for xbox?

Is the current sale still active? Wanna grab The Lost and Damned but need to pick up a points card tonight after work....hoping I didnt miss it. thanks.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Is the current sale still active? Wanna grab The Lost and Damned but need to pick up a points card tonight after work....hoping I didnt miss it. thanks.[/QUOTE]

Doh! Missed that this was already answered.

A quick refresh of xbox.com shows Gyromancer, Portal: Still Alive, Bejeweled Blitz LIVE and Ilomilo might be the deal of the week. Already own all but Portal and would be glad to get it if it goes on sale for 400 points again. I skipped it in the past not knowing there was extra content included in the XBLA version. I've got the Orange Box but haven't really bothered with it.

Finally some arcade games! It's a shame I already own almost all of them. Still, definitely heading in the right direction. I can feel a sale on something cool coming soon!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']A quick refresh of xbox.com shows Gyromancer, Portal: Still Alive, Bejeweled Blitz LIVE and Ilomilo might be the deal of the week. Already own all but Portal and would be glad to get it if it goes on sale for 400 points again. I skipped it in the past not knowing there was extra content included in the XBLA version. I've got the Orange Box but haven't really bothered with it.

Finally some arcade games! It's a shame I already own almost all of them. Still, definitely heading in the right direction. I can feel a sale on something cool coming soon![/QUOTE]

Awesome! I've been thinking about buying Portal, so this would certainly make me do it

So whose ass do I have to kiss for Mega Man 9 to finally go on sale? I can't bring myself to play 10 without 9. Any beat-em-ups or shmups not previously discounted would also be welcome.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']So whose ass do I have to kiss for Mega Man 9 to finally go on sale? I can't bring myself to play 10 without 9. Any beat-em-ups or shmups not previously discounted would also be welcome.[/QUOTE]

Considering it went on sale on PSN a couple weeks ago I'm surprised it hasn't yet on XBLA. Surely if there is a "Capcom" sale next week it would include MM9 after all this time. We can only hope though.

Meh, already have Portal on the Orange Box and have no interest in the others. A pass for me this week.

Hopefully this rumoured Capcom sale will also be this week. :)

Deal of the Week is live now:

Gyromancer - 600
Portal: Still Alive - 600
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE - 200
ilomilo - 400

Anyone play ilomilo? It looks interesting

^^ Edit: Ahhhh, beat me by a second =/ ^^

And the crappy Deals of the week are:

Gyromancer - 600msp - 50% off
Portal: Still Alive - 600msp - 50% off
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE - 200msp - 50% off
Ilomilo - 400msp - 50% off

Was hoping Portal would be on sale for 400, Oh well.

[quote name='Coltin']
Anyone play ilomilo? It looks interesting[/QUOTE]

I personally LOVED ilomilo. I picked it up in a sale, and I don't regret it. It's got personality, and the game is pretty fun and challenging as well.

Is the DLC for ilomilo on sale?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I personally LOVED ilomilo. I picked it up in a sale, and I don't regret it. It's got personality, and the game is pretty fun and challenging as well.

Is the DLC for ilomilo on sale?[/QUOTE]

No, the DLC is still showing as 240msp.

Sweet, I've been looking forward to ilomilo going on sale again. Looks like I'll finally be redeeming that 12 month gold card I've had laying around.

Will complete the trifecta with world of keflings and raskulls.

Ilomilo and Gyromancer are great. 200 is probably the right price for Bejeweled Blitz as the 2 minute time completely kills the game as an arcade game. Theoretically, I should have held out for this sale instead of the first time it went on sale.

All repeats, but some good ones. No bone throwing about older games or something different, but at least games are on sale again. Looks like I'll make it to October without spending points (and hopefully next week's deal will match whatever the October Rewards thing is that kicks off next Saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back