Xbox 360 120gb hard drive for $119 after $40 off at Dell epp

etheidon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dell's EPP site is offering $40 off the Xbox 360 120gb drive. It rings up at $119 with free shipping. After my companies EPP discount the total came to $111.59.

Not too bad. I'm hoping they don't release a larger drive in the next couple weeks. I'm completely out of space with all this DLC.

When the 120gig could be had for 70$ for month and months at clearences and ebay and even at 37.50 at one point this isn't much of a deal.

[quote name='Bhhawks78']When the 120gig could be had for 70$ for month and months at clearences and ebay and even at 37.50 at one point this isn't much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Who had them clearanced for $37.50???

[quote name='Bhhawks78']When the 120gig could be had for 70$ for month and months at clearences and ebay and even at 37.50 at one point this isn't much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I can't find a new in box drive on ebay for less than $130. I need the 120gb drive and the transfer kit.

I plan on transfering the data from my 20 to the 120, selling the transfer kit for $30, selling my 20gb for $15, making the sealed 120 about $60-$70.

Damn! The price of the Elite 360 is expected to drop on 8/30 to $299. I would have expected a new HDD or maybe an announcement of a price drop along with this news but it doesn't look like that will happen :cry:

I also need a new HDD and don't know what to do! So close to buying one from an amazon seller but i won't get the transfer kit. Wait or buy now...no idea :bomb:

This is a decent deal for now since those clearance HDD the other poster mentioned are hard to come by.

Wait, what? $37.50? I doubt this highly.

Damn. I was just about to buy a 60 GB. No stores carry the 120 GB anymore its only the 60GB? Honestly 20 gigs with these huge XBLA titles now just isn't cutting it. Plus the option to have many games installed on the HDD would be nice.

[quote name='maximumzero']Wait, what? $37.50? I doubt this highly.[/QUOTE]

T'is true - K-Mart clearanced them out at this price in July. They're long gone now, but they're now on clearance at Sears for $49.97. That's a pretty good deal and they're around to be found.

[quote name='etheidon']I plan on transfering the data from my 20 to the 120, selling the transfer kit for $30, ...QUOTE]

Isn't the transfer kit still free from Microsoft - last I heard, all you have to do is ask for it.

[quote name='maximumzero']Wait, what? $37.50? I doubt this highly.[/QUOTE]
Around Christmas Target clearanced the 120 gig drives. They were priced at $150 before clearance, so if any reached 75% off, they would be $37.50.

[quote name='fatboyjam']. . . they're now on clearance at Sears for $49.97.[/QUOTE]

I check the Sears thread regularly (not religiously, mind you), and I had no idea the 120GB HDD was on clearance there. I've been wanting one of these for a while.

There's no way I was going to pay $100+ for one, but $50 seems almost reasonable. I went by my local Sears store, and they had them in stock (right next to the $99 60GB HDDs).

Thanks to fatboyjam for the tip!

been to every sears in my area and not only have I never even seen one, the 60 GB are 100 bucks

[quote name='fatboyjam']
Isn't the transfer kit still free from Microsoft - last I heard, all you have to do is ask for it.[/QUOTE]

According to another thread on CAG they started charging $11.50 for the transfer kit around July 1st. If you don't want to hunt around for a clearance deal on a 120 I'd just see how cheap I could buy one on eBay (I just picked one up for $70 - cashback) and then order the transfer kit if that isn't also available cheaper on eBay.

That is assuming you can't wait, obviously. If you can wait just sit on the perfect price point until it shows up or you can't wait any longer.

[quote name='hpv']According to another thread on CAG they started charging $11.50 for the transfer kit around July 1st. If you don't want to hunt around for a clearance deal on a 120 I'd just see how cheap I could buy one on eBay (I just picked one up for $70 - cashback) and then order the transfer kit if that isn't also available cheaper on eBay.

That is assuming you can't wait, obviously. If you can wait just sit on the perfect price point until it shows up or you can't wait any longer.[/QUOTE]
I actually just got one from calling microsoft today, they said it was 11.50 but I kept pressing them that I saw it was for free and they just gave me it =D

I'd imagine they will release a bigger drive. Now that they are selling full games on demand it would make sense to make a bigger drive.

60gb drives are obviously being discontinued, so they should drop in price. The 120gb drives should drop also, since there will be only a $100 difference between arcade and elite models.

bread's done
Back