Xbox 360 bundle Costco B&M $489.99

ps99472

CAGiversary!
Back in stock at your local Costco, I believe this is the same bundle as before. I need to verify the game though. $10 more then the original $479.99 price but still a good deal for the system. I work at Costco and saw a pallet of Xbox where I work. I checked in our system and looks like all Costcos (in the LA region) will receive a minimum of 24 systems. How to purchase will vary depending on the manager (some are first come first serve, others use a raffle system). I hope they let employees purchase them this time.. I'll update as i find out more

Here's the update i promised:

Currently in stock and available for puchase at these Costco's:

Signal Hill
San Juan Cap
Fullerton..

In the LA region most warehouses will be getting between 24-48 units. Most show "in transit" which means they are in the back of the warehouse on a pallet not ready to be sold yet.

These following warehouses show none in transit so will probably not be getting any for the time being

Victorville, Canoga Park, Westlake Village, Simi Valley, Oxnard, Yorba Linda, Santa Clarita, Montebello, Bakersfield, Rancho Cucamonga, Montclair, and Cypress

The bundled game is Project Gotham

THey're becoming alot easier to get. All the Best Buys around me in SoCal had them in stock for 2 days. They used to always sell out the day the online indicator showed them in stock.

Ya peopel are looking for them less and less and the ones that really want them will be able to find em. WE had a couple for days at TRU.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Costco Bundle[/QUOTE]

That's a really good deal. Retail cost would be somewhere around $530. I'd buy one but I'm waiting on the better games to come out.

THey're becoming alot easier to get. All the Best Buys around me in SoCal had them in stock for 2 days
Well the Costco by me in Sterling Heights MI had nada, But im sure the good fortune will find its way on the Eastcoast-ish.

[quote name='screwkick']I think Microsoft can stop this bundle sh#t now. Just sell the damn box already.[/QUOTE]

costco ALWAYS sell consoles in bundles.

[quote name='phantomer']costco ALWAYS sell consoles in bundles.[/QUOTE]

Besides, its the retailer not the manufacturer. Markup on consoles is, typically, pretty small, while the markup on peripherals is usually pretty high. Thus, retailers like bundles because they stand to make a decent profit on a single sell.

Here's the update i promised:

Currently in stock and available for puchase at these Costco's:

Signal Hill
San Juan Cap
Fullerton..

In the LA region most warehouses will be getting between 24-48 units. Most show "in transit" which means they are in the back of the warehouse on a pallet not ready to be sold yet.

These following warehouses show none in transit so will probably not be getting any for the time being

Victorville, Canoga Park, Westlake Village, Simi Valley, Oxnard, Yorba Linda, Santa Clarita, Montebello, Bakersfield, Rancho Cucamonga, Montclair, and Cypress

The bundled game is Project Gotham

Just got back from the Costco in Northridge and they still had about 10 of them. I was going to pick one up, but they don't take Mastercard or Visa...

scored one at gardengrove around 3pm and saw like...............12 of them. it was easy to spot and cashiers didnt know they had in stock until i brought it up.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Im calling my wife as I type....With one hand..[/QUOTE]

I've done that before...except I wasn't talking to my wife.

and it cost me $1.99/minute...but I'm right there with you dude...oh wait, maybe I misunderstood your original comment...never mind.

[quote name='encendido5']That's a really good deal. Retail cost would be somewhere around $530.[/QUOTE]

I for one would never pay $130 for that extra junk, so that fact that it's $50 off retail doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'd much rather buy the system alone, and I can wait as long as it takes (perhaps even a price drop or two) for this to happen.

Microsoft is only hurting themselves by playing hard-to-get with the 360 at this point. It's going to be their loss when Nintendo and Sony come out with new systems later this year.

[quote name='loserboy']I've done that before...except I wasn't talking to my wife.

and it cost me $1.99/minute...but I'm right there with you dude...oh wait, maybe I misunderstood your original comment...never mind.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. You stole my joke. And I'm still laughing.

I bought this back in December from Costco. I hate bundles like the rest of you, but the fact it was less than retail was a plus. I needed another controller and the play-n-charge anyways. Even Sam's does some kind of bundling on all systems. But, remember that Costo's merchandise has a lifetime warranty... so I didn't have to buy an extended warranty which was an additional $60 for the MSFT one. Still a deal to me :).

i lucked out with the best buy inventory online and scored just the unit with no bundle. then used their coupons to buy the second wireless controller, xbox live 12 month kit and PGR all at $10 off EACH item by buying separately and using a coupon each time. they have a store near work so each day went in with a coupon and purchased one accessory.

They had the DVD lauch kits laying around so I asked if I can have two and they said yeah. I already had one previously...

I really don't think the 360 is a worthwhile system. None of the games are appealling, the system will probably break down a few months after you get it just like with the original xbox, and the better consoles (PS3, Revolution) are coming out this year. I played PDZ multiplayer and was unimpressed. The only game I'm curious about is DOA4.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy my xbox (when it works properly) but have been frustrated by its inconsistency at times.

Save your $$$. I'm leaning toward Revolution if I get a next-gen console at all.

[quote name='sethvega']I really don't think the 360 is a worthwhile system. None of the games are appealling, the system will probably break down a few months after you get it just like with the original xbox, and the better consoles (PS3, Revolution) are coming out this year. I played PDZ multiplayer and was unimpressed. The only game I'm curious about is DOA4.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy my xbox (when it works properly) but have been frustrated by its inconsistency at times.

Save your $$$. I'm leaning toward Revolution if I get a next-gen console at all.[/QUOTE]

Go shit on someone else's thread. The 360 is a GREAT system....mine has not broke down and has worked FLAWLESSLY since launch.

Xbox 360 systems seem to be in a lot more places now! Saw the Premium System with Hard Drive at four different Target stores and three different BlockBuster Video stores. No bundles either, just the system! $399.99 is still too much for me to pay though.

Anyone know how will I know if the costco in my area have one. Do i need to ask a sales person or the system should be lying there on the shelve

[quote name='sethvega']I really don't think the 360 is a worthwhile system. None of the games are appealling, the system will probably break down a few months after you get it just like with the original xbox, and the better consoles (PS3, Revolution) are coming out this year. I played PDZ multiplayer and was unimpressed. The only game I'm curious about is DOA4.

Save your $$$. I'm leaning toward Revolution if I get a next-gen console at all.[/QUOTE]

Who asked you your opinion on the 360?

They expect to see them sometime in February. They never received any.

The Best Buy here sells out their shipments in 1 hour.

If anyone knows of a stocking location nearby, I'd really appreciate it.

Yeah, I wouldn't like the Xbox 360 either if I didn't have one...

Is this true about a lifetime warranty? Can anyone else confirm this? OP I'm looking at you. If it is true, I'm buying there instead of Best Buy.

Can someone tell me what the difference between the CostCo bundle and just the premium system? (besides the included game). I haven't been paying much attention to the system since I was waiting until it started showing up more frequently so I'm kinda confused as to what is extra in this. I also have a $55 reward coupon for CostCo I could use on this. Also if anyone else can confirm the warranty through CostCo that would be great.

[quote name='wolfhunt']Can someone tell me what the difference between the CostCo bundle and just the premium system? (besides the included game). I haven't been paying much attention to the system since I was waiting until it started showing up more frequently so I'm kinda confused as to what is extra in this. I also have a $55 reward coupon for CostCo I could use on this. Also if anyone else can confirm the warranty through CostCo that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Costco is bundling the Premium System + one additional Wireless Controller + the cable to allow you to charge the battery pack (that comes with the cable) instead of using AA batteries + one Game Project Gothem Racing (list $49)

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Well the Costco by me in Sterling Heights MI had nada, But im sure the good fortune will find its way on the Eastcoast-ish.[/QUOTE]

Call or check the Bloomfield Hills store over on Telegraph. It's Michigan's flagship store, and they get everything first as well as more of everything.

[quote name='Redeema']Is this true about a lifetime warranty? Can anyone else confirm this? OP I'm looking at you. If it is true, I'm buying there instead of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I think you can return things pretty much whenever you want at CostCo. I heard of people returning TV's after a few months....so who knows. May be a bit dishonest...but who knows.

[quote name='doubledown']I think you can return things pretty much whenever you want at CostCo. I heard of people returning TV's after a few months....so who knows. May be a bit dishonest...but who knows.[/QUOTE]

The catch is that you not only have to have the receipt, but EVERYTHING else. So if you get the bundle, you'll have to return everything that came in it as well as all of the packaging. Don't throw anything away.

Costco has the best return policy in the entire world. I returned my two year old laptop and replaced it with a brand new one and got money back...enough said.

[quote name='doubledown']Go shit on someone else's thread. The 360 is a GREAT system....mine has not broke down and has worked FLAWLESSLY since launch.[/QUOTE]

Need to be an ass, but didn't your system just break recently?

[quote name='doubledown']I think you can return things pretty much whenever you want at CostCo. I heard of people returning TV's after a few months....so who knows. May be a bit dishonest...but who knows.[/QUOTE]

not that I encourage this in any way, but we've seen people return crusty 3 year old bbq grills and we take them back. it's just your own moral dilemma you have to deal with...

Returns or Exchanges
Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

Please note, as of November 4th, 2002 , the return policy for all desktop and notebook computers are six months from the date of purchase. Six months after purchase, all computer services and technical support will be subject to the applicable remaining manufacturer’s warranty.

and:

Costco's Risk Free 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

On merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell by offering a full refund, subject to certain product specific limitations.

On membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

It's not too clear on what "product specific limitations" are but I will definately be buying my XBOX 360 from Costco. The money I would spend on an extended warranty can be better spent on the nicely bundled accessories :)

I figure as long as they are selling Xbox 360s I can exchange if mine ever breaks. Time to start exercising my membership in addition to the ~$1000 worth of chicken, toilet paper and soda pop every year.

Call or check the Bloomfield Hills store over on Telegraph. It's Michigan's flagship store, and they get everything first as well as more of everything.

Thanks. I work in Southfield, so Ill scoot up Telegraph after work sometime. :applause:

And as well to add to this, you don't always need your recipt, it just helps the people doing the return, they're more than able to look it up in the computer. However, it's only 2 years on most things; you may be able to return it if you've had it longer, but that's only if you're not a dick and the manager is in a good mood that day.

Anyway, my costco got 48 in stock this morning, and when I went in at 1 to shop around we still had a good 35 left in stock. That is the Burlington, Washington Costco btw.

[quote name='oxidative']Returns or Exchanges
Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

Please note, as of November 4th, 2002 , the return policy for all desktop and notebook computers are six months from the date of purchase. Six months after purchase, all computer services and technical support will be subject to the applicable remaining manufacturer’s warranty.

and:

Costco's Risk Free 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

On merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell by offering a full refund, subject to certain product specific limitations.

On membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

It's not too clear on what "product specific limitations" are but I will definately be buying my XBOX 360 from Costco. The money I would spend on an extended warranty can be better spent on the nicely bundled accessories :)

I figure as long as they are selling Xbox 360s I can exchange if mine ever breaks. Time to start exercising my membership in addition to the ~$1000 worth of chicken, toilet paper and soda pop every year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clueless']Costco is bundling the Premium System + one additional Wireless Controller + the cable to allow you to charge the battery pack (that comes with the cable) instead of using AA batteries + one Game Project Gothem Racing (list $49)[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh...that cable was confusing me. Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if one of the CostCo's here has them instock. After I use my $55 reward cert on it becomes a deal I can't pass up.

Anyone in Cincinnati that's interested in this, the Fields-ertel location got 24 in this morning (Now 23, I got mine). The Tricounty location said they are also supposed to get them this morning or monday morning.

[quote name='michael6668']I bought this back in December from Costco. I hate bundles like the rest of you, but the fact it was less than retail was a plus. I needed another controller and the play-n-charge anyways. Even Sam's does some kind of bundling on all systems. But, remember that Costo's merchandise has a lifetime warranty... so I didn't have to buy an extended warranty which was an additional $60 for the MSFT one. Still a deal to me :).[/QUOTE]

Is this lifetime warranty true. If so I'm buying my next TV at Costco.

Also, this bundle has pretty much everything I would buy if I got the system anyway. Awesome that it all totals up less than MSRP. I remember buying my original Xbox with a Costco Bundle and it was a pretty sweet deal.

bread's done
Back