Xbox 360 Live Vision Bundle ($39.98) + tax @ ToysRUs B&M (OOS online for now)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edit 1/28: Now the same price in store and mostly out of stock online (thanks CAG member bardockkun for the heads up on the in store price):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169967

Considering shipping and tax, you're looking at about $48 shipped

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2463406

Product Description

The Xbox 360 Live Vision bundle includes Live Vision Camera, Xbox 360 headset, one year subscription to the Xbox Live online gaming service, 200 Microsoft Points and Xbox Live Arcade games UNO & Robotron.

Best Buy wouldn't do it cause they said that its lower than what they buy it for (the employee price is $53 or something).

CC said that they couldn't do it because the page I printed said, "Out of Stock".

:whistle2:( I might try using the cached pic tomorrow at a different location.

:applause: Never give up. I tried on a whim at my local BB store on the way home and it worked. The nice and cute checkout girl was glad give me the sale price of TRU. She didn't give me the extra 10% of the difference, but I didn't care.

[quote name='spideymike']:applause: Never give up. I tried on a whim at my local BB store on the way home and it worked. The nice and cute checkout girl was glad give me the sale price of TRU. She didn't give me the extra 10% of the difference, but I didn't care.[/quote]

To get 10% of the difference at BB I'm pretty sure you have to buy it, then take it to the service desk and tell them it's cheaper somewhere else.

Had this pricematched at CC on my way home from work, it went as smooth as could be. I printed out the search results for "live vision" on ToysRUs.com, which showed both the camera and vision bundle at 39.XX. Then I printed off the actual product page with the SKU on it for the vision bundle. Conveniently, the "Temporarily out of stock" image didn't show up in the printout (of course, the price didn't either, hence the reason for the search result printout). No phone calls or manager approvals. I was out the door in 2 minutes ;)

Great timing too, as I just received notification that my Live Gold subscription expires in a week or so.

Wow... I picked up the Vision bundle earlier this month, with 10% Gamers Savings Club discount. Took the printout to CC and they price matched it, with 10% GSC and 10% for the difference. Ended up being $34.05 OTD after all was said and done.

Toys R Us Carle Place NY - Had in Stock would not PM
Best Buy Westbury NY - OOS
Circuit City @ Source Mall - PM'ed; no problem 3-4 left

[quote name='GamerChris']Can someone please move this to the Deal Graveyard?[/quote]

No, because Price matching is still an option. Killing this topic would prematurely kill any chance of new people seeing it and price matching.

On another note, I went to BB, they wouldn't PM TRU, period. :bomb: Gotta try CC this week.

[quote name='ddrpower']No, because Price matching is still an option. Killing this topic would prematurely kill any chance of new people seeing it and price matching.

On another note, I went to BB, they wouldn't PM TRU, period. :bomb: Gotta try CC this week.[/quote]
Exactly why I haven't moved it, but simply added OOS to the title. People are still having luck getting it PM'ed, so it's still a live (undead?) deal,

I did noticed that there are new Vision SKUs with different packaging. This might explain the toysrus and other video game store drops.

I tried to get it PM'd at CC yesterday, and the manager that came up got fired from the wal-mart i work at, and i think he recognized me. he quickly proceeded to check the price online, call TRU talk to the manager and then give me a 100 reasons why he wouldn't honor it. I wanted to say "that why you got fired from wal mart, and your wife left you", but that would have made me a bigger jerk than him.

And unfortunately there isn't a local best buy and walmart doesn't carry it.

[quote name='JustAim']I tried to get it PM'd at CC yesterday, and the manager that came up got fired from the wal-mart i work at, and i think he recognized me. he quickly proceeded to check the price online, call TRU talk to the manager and then give me a 100 reasons why he wouldn't honor it. I wanted to say "that why you got fired from wal mart, and your wife left you", but that would have made me a bigger jerk than him.

And unfortunately there isn't a local best buy and walmart doesn't carry it.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA wow that is pure awesomeness lol I would have F*ck him who is he to say no, and what were the reasons please do list them because it doesn't make sense....is it because they are not a kids store? or because their douches.

[quote name='Sejad']HAHAHAHAHA wow that is pure awesomeness lol I would have F*ck him who is he to say no, and what were the reasons please do list them because it doesn't make sense....is it because they are not a kids store? or because their douches.[/quote]

WOHHHHH:hot::hot::hot: ... i know you would have been really pissed at the dude ... but rape is never the answer.

.....lol typos are fun :bouncy:

[quote name='supraazn']WOHHHHH:hot::hot::hot: ... i know you would have been really pissed at the dude ... but rape is never the answer.

.....lol typos are fun :bouncy:[/quote]

And that is why I am an advocate for punctuation. Two periods would have made that seem less, umm, unsavory.

[quote name='heydanshere']Toys R Us Carle Place NY - Had in Stock would not PM
Best Buy Westbury NY - OOS
Circuit City @ Source Mall - PM'ed; no problem 3-4 left[/quote]

That CC is SOOOO easy to PM with - I think I may do it on Monday. I would have done it sooner but still on vacation!

i got my local CC to PM this. ran into no trouble, just brought the bundle to the cashier and handed her the print out from TRU.com. she checked online i guess and i walked out paying $43 for the bundle :)

oh ya, this was at the CC on South Maryland Parkway in Vegas.

i just tried a CC near me just awhile ago... sadly no go.
It was a old dude and he searched the TRU site and couldnt find it.
Not even the OOS page ...

I just checked the TRU site myself again as i got home .. its not even up anymore ... so now its gonna be alot harder to PM now

HAHAHAHAHA wow that is pure awesomeness lol I would have F*ck him who is he to say no, and what were the reasons please do list them because it doesn't make sense....is it because they are not a kids store? or because their douches.

i guess it was only actually three. he said that the manager told him that A) they didn't have it in stock. B) it was an online only price, and C) that it was out of stock online so he didn't have to honor it.

p.s. he really is a douche and got fired from walmart b/c of it, i'm sure he'll be fired soon enough from there too. and by the way his wife tried to commit suicide not just leave him.

FYI I was able to PM this a few days ago at Sears when it still showed up out of stock. The CSR did not really look at the "Temporarily Not Available Online" message just that the item was $39.99 so I got it for $36+tax. The thing is I already have a 12 month card from an original Xbox Live package (crimson skies bundle) I never opened but i couldn't pass this up for all the extra freebies thrown in (200 mktplace pts, camera, XBL Arcade).

[quote name='lingenfelser']Sorry to disappoint you InuyashaFan, but as they say "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me"! But, in this case more you than me! :)

The whole transaction went down without a fuss. The cashier asked a manger who was nearby and he stated "TRU doesn't pricematch TRU.com because of the shipping difference." His words, not mine. But, he felt the $40 diff was above that and gave it to me anyway. I didn't even so much as raise my voice. I made sure to thank him profusely for doing so, as I realize he could've not done it at all.
And I'm glad it wasn't you I was dealing with.:bomb:

In the future InuyashaFan please refrain from trolling forums looking for a fight especially when you present nothing but conjecture.:booty:[/QUOTE]

i dont just "troll the forums" trying to pick a fight. i was wrong with the assuming you had an attitude about it, etc., that is just what i am used to dealing with and that is why i wouldn't have even asked a manager to stop by. if someone is polite about it like you apparently were, i would have called a manager over and at least tried for you. by the way to gantt, if you ever call the 1-800 # for them, they will tell you the online prices are not the same as in store prices.

I was able to get it price matched a Best Buy near me, though they called a local TRU but only to make sure they had copies in stock (though TRU kept them on hold for about 15-20 minutes)

now my live doesn't run out until May 2009 :)

[quote name='buckythekat']I was able to get it price matched a Best Buy near me, though they called a local TRU but only to make sure they had copies in stock (though TRU kept them on hold for about 15-20 minutes)

now my live doesn't run out until May 2009 :)[/quote]

really? guess i'll give BB a try today then.
I didn't want to do it since CC turned me down hard.
Its definitely YMMV on the csr then.... come on get lucky.

on Friday, I took a print screen of the OOS page (detail page) and the page that showed the camera only ($40) and the camera bundle ($80 down to $40) to CC. I got gutsy and took up 2 copies. The guy didn't even look at the other pages, just the one that showed the box and the price, then rang them up. $36 each with the 10% difference deducted. No questions, no calls, nothing. Easiest PM ever.

It's definitely YMMV on this since some CC and BB stores are PM this deal and some stores aren't. I almost gave up on PMing this since my CC store turned me down (made up of 3 20-something girls with nothing better to do) but I lucked out at BB with a nice and cheerful checkout girl there. It never hurts to ask a store if you can PM a deal.

I tries two local best buys, 2 CC, 3 sears, and 2 wal marts not one price matched for me, like i mentioned before my area sucks. If someone can still get this price matched and ship me a copy i dont mind sending money via paypal + shipping + fees thank you

I took the scan in to my local toysrus and they price matched their online
price!!! Thanks OP!! I bought 2!!

I got this last year when Target showed it, and PMed to a Best Buy for myself and friend. Would strike on this if I didn't already have a 12+1 and Vision.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Wow, Toys R Us in North Attelboro, MA won't even pricematch their own website.[/quote]

I've said numerous times in this thread that B&M TRUs aren't supposed to PM anything, including the website. They operate as seperate entities, with their own prices and clearances.

I ain't gonna bitch too much, because my company works the same way..but it's funny they are 'seperate' entities with different prices that cannot be matched..but there is absolutely no problem with accepting returns from web purchases. Nice loop.

What i just found out is that Toys R Us isn't the only place doing it, it's almost anyone that carries Xbox Live Vision. I went to the the Xbox website and they are listing it at 39.99 and they also list store that are selling it at 39.99 like Dell.com, Radioshack and Gamestop. So if your Toys R us doesn't have it, im pretty sure Gamestop should have them.

[quote name='aznpsyco515']What i just found out is that Toys R Us isn't the only place doing it, it's almost anyone that carries Xbox Live Vision. I went to the the Xbox website and they are listing it at 39.99 and they also list store that are selling it at 39.99 like Dell.com, Radioshack and Gamestop. So if your Toys R us doesn't have it, im pretty sure Gamestop should have them.[/quote]

That's the Live Vision, not the Live Vision Bundle. $39.99 is the standard price for the camera by itself (and maybe a 1month card). The item this thread is about is the bundle, that comes with the camera, 12 months of Live, headset, 200 points and probably something else I'm forgetting.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's the Live Vision, not the Live Vision Bundle. $39.99 is the standard price for the camera by itself (and maybe a 1month card). The item this thread is about is the bundle, that comes with the camera, 12 months of Live, headset, 200 points and probably something else I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]

Uno and Robotron.

bread's done
Back