Xbox 360 Pro 60gb @ Costco $150 - YMMV

The guy is trying to help. Look at his join date. Try being gracious.

The details via slickdeals:

YMMV - XBOX 360 - Costco Gold pack - $148 + tax
I was at Costco today (Smyrna / GA) and they had the XBOX 360 gold pack (60GB HD + second wireless controller + 2 games + controller charger) for $148.

I got one of the last one available and saw a bunch of people with those at the cash register.

I asked the sales clerk and he mentioned that the sale started yesterday. He didn't know if more stock was coming or not but he did confirm the same promo was going on in other Costco centers.

If this is true this is another crazy deal I've seen today. This would be a huge steal. Hopefully Playstation will do something like this!

Wow... if they are clearing out the old Pro 60GB model, I hope they do the same soon for the Fat PS3 models... certainly won't mind snagging a PS3 for $150!

[quote name='speedracer']The guy is trying to help. Look at his join date. Try being gracious.

The details via slickdeals:

YMMV - XBOX 360 - Costco Gold pack - $148 + tax
I was at Costco today (Smyrna / GA) and they had the XBOX 360 gold pack (60GB HD + second wireless controller + 2 games + controller charger) for $148.

I got one of the last one available and saw a bunch of people with those at the cash register.

I asked the sales clerk and he mentioned that the sale started yesterday. He didn't know if more stock was coming or not but he did confirm the same promo was going on in other Costco centers.[/QUOTE]

The slickdeals post doesn't mention anything about a console if you read carefully. It just says 60GB HD + second wireless controller + 2 games + controller charger for $148. Can you assume that it includes the console or is it just the 60 GB HDD plus extras?

This deal is worthy enough for me to head to my local shopping center to check out the Costco. Will pick up Polish sausage, slice of pizza, and random samples while I'm there.

Does Costco offer a warranty too?

the best in the business, lifetime for video game consoles.. if the 360 fails, you return it, and they'll credit you the price you paid. So, for a hypothetical example. Lets say I bought an elite when it was $400. It got E74, so I returned it. Bought the new one which is now $300. I pocket the difference.

[quote name='azngtlman']The slickdeals post doesn't mention anything about a console if you read carefully. It just says 60GB HD + second wireless controller + 2 games + controller charger for $148. Can you assume that it includes the console or is it just the 60 GB HDD plus extras?[/QUOTE]
Last years holiday bundle Costco Xbox 360 pro console bundle included the same items (Kung Fu Panda and Lego indiana Jones) + wireless controller and charger. Most likely purging old inventory at the few locations that still had them.

I don't see anything about an actual console, but if it is...damn, that's a pretty good deal. Makes me feel like I should have waited before dropping $300 on my Pro in March.

P.S. am I the only one who read it as "pro boob" at first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I might consider picking up a backup 360, as mine isn't covered by any extended warranty right now, however I just bought a dsi so probably not gonna happen. Thanks for telling us, though!

None left in the Chicago area. Grafton WI had 11. Within the span of a phone call, someone purchased all of them.

[quote name='azngtlman']The slickdeals post doesn't mention anything about a console if you read carefully. It just says 60GB HD + second wireless controller + 2 games + controller charger for $148. Can you assume that it includes the console or is it just the 60 GB HDD plus extras?[/QUOTE]

if thats the case then the use of "second wireless controller" is soooooo SHADY

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Would love to come across this, but I doubt it will happen. Closest Costco is more than 30 miles away from me.[/QUOTE]

Ok what? 30 miles isn't that far...

[quote name='zuldane']Ok what? 30 miles isn't that far...[/QUOTE]

30 miles is pretty far.. especially if it's to just check if it's in stock. 60 mile round trip so that's about $8-10 in gas already and not to mention the hour or so he'd waste going there just for this specific deal.

[quote name='Sylvanus']None left in the Chicago area. Grafton WI had 11. Within the span of a phone call, someone purchased all of them.[/QUOTE]

I remember when they received those 2 pallets and 3 employees and I checked everyone of them for a Jasper. No joy! Prayed for a year for those to sell out so new stock would come in. No luck! 1 month ago the same pallet was still there with no new orders in site, then 2 weeks ago they started selling. 3 days ago there were about 20 units. Finally all gone, ehh??? Now it don't matter cuz I ordered the MW2 bundle. :lol:

BTW, they're getting the $299 elites in on the 30th, and that's all folks!!!

nice find. but wondering has anyone really had any problems with a non jasper unit playing games primarily off the hard drive? think it would be safe to jump on any falcon chip since it should run cooler.

Too bad there isn't Costco near me and I beleive you need to have to be a member, too bad BJs doesn't have this deal. Oh well, my Elite that I got from Dell for $300 last Novermber is still holding out.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']nice find. but wondering has anyone really had any problems with a non jasper unit playing games primarily off the hard drive? think it would be safe to jump on any falcon chip since it should run cooler.[/QUOTE]

I had a launch 360 premium (zeyphr) and it finally died out of warranty. I picked up a 60GB pro (jasper) recently.

It is night and day different from the launch console. It really is crazy to compare them. The Jasper is at least 1/2 as noisy in terms of drive & fan noise. Also, the Jasper unit is waaaaaaaaaay cooler. The launch unit would get so hot running the exhaust air would literally be uncomfortable to have your hand in front of. The Jasper unit exhaust is barely warm most of the time.

My Jasper unit was manufactured in February of 2009. I don't know if any of the holiday bundle pro's would be Jasper units since they would probably have been manufactured in September/October/November of 2008.

There is no way these are Jasper's, and I really think you'd be a fool to buy a non-Jasper 360 even at this price. Well.... then again... with all the extras maybe it's worth it. Extra controller is $37.49 shipped from Amazon. Play and Charge kit is $17.49 from amazon. The games are cheap used at Gamestop and have very low trade-in/resale value. So maybe $60 to $70 worth of extras. So, if you want the games and can use the other extras, you're getting an 80 GB 360 non-jasper for about $85. Maybe it is worth it even with red rings of death and such.

[quote name='crunchewy']Can you buy at Costco without being a member? If so, what's the charge for that - I presume there is a cost.[/QUOTE]

You can't buy unless you are a member. Most Costco's even have a person at the entrance of the store checking Member cards to see if they are members to let them in.

[quote name='astraelraen']I had a launch 360 premium (zeyphr) and it finally died out of warranty. I picked up a 60GB pro (jasper) recently.

It is night and day different from the launch console. It really is crazy to compare them. The Jasper is at least 1/2 as noisy in terms of drive & fan noise. Also, the Jasper unit is waaaaaaaaaay cooler. The launch unit would get so hot running the exhaust air would literally be uncomfortable to have your hand in front of. The Jasper unit exhaust is barely warm most of the time..[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that yours died. when you had it were you installing/playing games off the hard drive? if so was it still running as hot as you said it was?

I'd buy this from Costco because if it dies, I'll just take it back and get a new one (probably the new Xbox 360 elite since that's all they have at that point.. ) or at worst, get full money back.

Plan to check if my local one has any today

[quote name='dc_fortythree']sorry to hear that yours died. when you had it were you installing/playing games off the hard drive? if so was it still running as hot as you said it was?[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any heat difference between playing off the hard drive or playing off the disk. I only ever tried it with a few games though because of the 20GB hard drive size on the launch units.

[quote name='djpookie2000']Fail, this post is incomplete and worthless.[/QUOTE]

lol you fail and your post is worthless why crap on a deal when you have no clue if this deal is true or not!:roll:

Just called two local costco (monterey, ca) and they said they have no 360s in stock, but they will be getting the holiday stuff soon.

Too bad, cause $150 is my purchase point, especially having to get a wifi adapter. *meh*

There's no question $150 is a steal!!! If you plan on exchanging it later tho for a newer one, you'll only be credited the original $150 towards the new one. Costco doesn't exchange. They refund with no pressure, but they do politely ask what's wrong. If you can find 1, don't hesitate to catch it, even if you have a 360 already. One can easily flip these on ebay and offer your potential buyer a "lifetime warranty", as long as they pay reasonable shipping!

[quote name='astraelraen']I had a launch 360 premium (zeyphr) and it finally died out of warranty. I picked up a 60GB pro (jasper) recently.[/QUOTE]
the launch 360's weren't the Zephyr, they were the Xenon, the Zephyr was the 2nd version of the 360 that came with an HDMI port...

bread's done
Back