Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

why are there so many post about the xbone installation latency... ms fuck something up, probably a sony sabotage. thats what happen when you relied on your closest competitor for parts on a competing product.
you do know sony is one of many companys that own rights to blu ray right? go google blu ray and read wiki page and you will find that out.

reason why some games take longer is because if you have used a x1 you would see that when you first put in a game it has some kind of update which downloads and installs before game install

Last edited by a moderator:
you do know sony is one of many companys that own rights to blu ray right? go google blu ray and read wiki page and you will find that out.

reason why some games take longer is because if you have used a x1 you would see that when you first put in a game it has some kind of update which downloads and installs before game install
Timmy, go back to school and work on you reading comprehension.

really. is that what you call informing people about the faulty blueray drives and question the slow installation.  Knowledge is POWER.

Wow this is pretty terrible reading about the Day One edition downgrades or stores not having them for preorders. I wasn't planning on even getting this console but couldn't resist Best Buy's Day One editions going on sale this morning. They were pretty quick at shipping it too but probably won't be here until Tuesday.

I only ordered Forza 5 to go with it. Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on DR3? Reviews for that and Ryse were dissapointing but at least DR3 still looks like fun.

really. is that what you call informing people about the faulty blueray drives and question the slow installation. Knowledge is POWER.
i talked to couple people that have ps4 and said some games like nba 2k14 are pretty slow to install also on ps4. When you have 50 gb installs they are not going to be done in a min or two. I would say i have nba 2k14,ac4,bf4 those 3 games installed in about 30 mins but forza that had some reason 6 gb day one patch took 30 mins alone but that includes install and download of patch.

Wow this is pretty terrible reading about the Day One edition downgrades or stores not having them for preorders. I wasn't planning on even getting this console but couldn't resist Best Buy's Day One editions going on sale this morning. They were pretty quick at shipping it too but probably won't be here until Tuesday.

I only ordered Forza 5 to go with it. Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on DR3? Reviews for that and Ryse were dissapointing but at least DR3 still looks like fun
i was in same boat about dr3 after reviews but watched someone play it on twitch tonight and it looks fun as heck i think i might pick it up tommow.

I only ordered Forza 5 to go with it. Can anyone convince me to pull the trigger on DR3? Reviews for that and Ryse were dissapointing but at least DR3 still looks like fun.
exactly what i was trying convey yesterday to people here on the board. wtf pre-order and pickup a console on day 1 and not get a "day1" edition. Why don't ms just produce enough day1 to cover everyones pre-order. why not just produce all day1 as the first million batch. if i'm giving ms my money on day1, i want a fuck n' day 1 console. but i guess no one complains because ms only charges a modest 59.99 rather than 69.99 for xbox live

I'll never understand why Xbox fanboys hate Sony so much. If it weren't for Sony, Microsoft never would have gotten into the console business. Without PlayStation, there would be no Xbox. You should probably be more grateful. :) At any rate, can't we all get along? (Except Neo. He just needs to leave.)

i talked to couple people that have ps4 and said some games like nba 2k14 are pretty slow to install also on ps4. When you have 50 gb installs they are not going to be done in a min or two. I would say i have nba 2k14,ac4,bf4 those 3 games installed in about 30 mins but forza that had some reason 6 gb day one patch took 30 mins alone but that includes install and download of patch.
not really, all ps4 install in within 30 second. your friends are probably trolling you.

I'll never understand why Xbox fanboys hate Sony so much. If it weren't for Sony, Microsoft never would have gotten into the console business. Without PlayStation, there would be no Xbox. You should probably be more grateful. :) At any rate, can't we all get along? (Except Neo. He just needs to leave.)
with out nintendo their would be no playstation and no xbox just saying :D plus i don't hate sony lol i have owned a ps since ps1 launch.

DR3 is amazing. The amount of zombies is insane compared to DR2. It's easier on normal mode than DR2, haven't started Nightmare. Ryse is worth a rent (which is what I did). It looks amazing and has great voice acting, but I'm not sure if I'd want to play through it twice.

Just got refunded $11 from Amazon for Madden. Anyway, I started Ryse today and although I should be able to finish it tomorrow, I still have fun playing it. But will probably sell it or put it up for trade. Can't imagine much replay value there

DR3 is amazing. The amount of zombies is insane compared to DR2. It's easier on normal mode than DR2, haven't started Nightmare. Ryse is worth a rent (which is what I did). It looks amazing and has great voice acting, but I'm not sure if I'd want to play through it twice.
Good to know. I couldn't get into DR2 but it seems like they eased it up with DR3 (letting you craft weapons wherever you want to and no zombrex to worry about). Plus feels weird getting only one game with the launch of a console and Ryse is definitely out. I figured it could either exactly what it looked like at E3 (yay pretty quicktime events) or be the next God of War or Assassins Creed. Turned out pretty meh. If only it was at redbox...

Not good at all, Sony did these same numbers launching in 2 regions which were dominated by Xbox last gen. Sony launches in 30 more regions in 7 days and these regions are Sony land. I predict another 2 - 2.5 million between US and Can black Friday restock and the other 30 regions launch day.

Im really loving this thing so far.

Looks fuckin amazing on my new Sony LED, and the voice commands with the tv work super well.

Not sure why everyone is bashing it, it has been amazing for me 

end of day 2 with my one.... all voice commands except "XBOX, ON" work flawless.it'll turn on eventually, but never on the 1st try.

too bad my internet speeds SUCK here, 5Mbps d, .5Mbps u.... fastest available here unless you want to pay quadruple for a business plan.

Not good at all, Sony did these same numbers launching in 2 regions which were dominated by Xbox last gen. Sony launches in 30 more regions in 7 days and these regions are Sony land. I predict another 2 - 2.5 million between US and Can black Friday restock and the other 30 regions launch day.
Time to invest in SNE stock. It up approx. 15% since PS4 launch and base on your forcast, announcing another 2-3 million in sale after black friday will surely drive up the stock price. too bad the easy money had already been made.

Im really loving this thing so far.

Looks fuckin amazing on my new Sony LED, and the voice commands with the tv work super well.

Not sure why everyone is bashing it, it has been amazing for me

Sony fanboys are the ones bashing it. Apparently they have nothing to play on their PS4, so they come here and post.

Huh, I got $11 back from Battlefield 4 now as well, I traded up a 360 copy for like $56-$57 dollars and the One copy cost me $50, weird haha

Sony fanboys are the ones bashing it. Apparently they have nothing to play on their PS4, so they come here and post.
I was also referring to the posts people a re making that are legit xbox users and say the kinect voice control is garbage

Sure it has problems with some channels because they sound similar but damn I am so impressed so far. AND I can run optical directly from the system to my soundbar now since my tv and xbox both come from the same source.

Glad to see some people enjoying their Ones while I sit here with my large backlog on 360. I'm content and will wait for more killer games other than Forza 5 :D

I'm loving my x1. Install times are not as fast as the ps4 but it's given me a chance to explore live and it's hands down an upgrade compared to Psn so far. So many great features and I haven't even really messed with kinect yet.

Played a little bit of DR3 and so far so good. The new controller is great .

I think both these consoles are going to do great things this gen. I'll pick up another ps4 (to replace the one i sold) when they release either a mgs or uncharted bundle.

Just got a new led tv today so I can't really compare graphics (went from 720 plasma to 1080 led) because the x1 looks so much better than the ps4's did but I was also playing on a not so great set.

We can expect to see more Xbox One's for Black Friday, right? Not for a sale, but being in-stock at stores.
For stores to get more stock in by black Friday shipments have to arrive by Wednesday. That is only leaves 5 business days for a restock so highly doubtful. Also if Microsoft already had enough consoles made for a major restock at most retailers in 5 days, they would have just shipped them for launch.

The reason Sony launched in the US on the 15th was precisely so they had enough time to restock retailers for black Friday. Having 12 business days from launch until Wednesday before Thanksgiving makes it possible.

I was also referring to the posts people a re making that are legit xbox users and say the kinect voice control is garbage

Sure it has problems with some channels because they sound similar but damn I am so impressed so far. AND I can run optical directly from the system to my soundbar now since my tv and xbox both come from the same source.
I wish it could run dolby digital. Its 2013 shouldnt be launching without it.

Apparently you have nothing to play on your bone since you are here and posting. Oh right people don't just game for 24/7 they actually like doing multiple things, so your post is just hypocritical nonsense and a lame attempt at a jab.

Does the HDMI input pass through the X1 even if it is not turned on?

I had to pull a PS3's HDMI from the TV to plug in the X1. I might plug the PS3 into the back of the X1, though, if it works that way ;).

Apparently I cannot have all the fancy TV features because I don't have a cable box with an HDMI output. I have what I known of since the dawn of cable - a coax line out of the wall. I have always just had that and it feeds into my TV's no problem and provides digital and HD channels that way (in addition to analog). I never really knew why people had cable boxes. I guess some cable providers force them but it has never been an issue until now. On the other hand, I would use the TV features maybe once and then never again so no biggie I guess... I thought my son might be interested but he asked "why would you want to watch TV while playing a game?" Why indeed.

Don't know why this thread is still here. This is no longer a pre order thread but a discussion/fanboy war thread that belongs in the deals discussion forum

1M+ in 24hrs in 2 region is amazing

1M+ in 24hrs in 30 region is lame

type PS4 on craigs and all you'll see are xbone listings

Xbone indeed have found its new home

end of discussion

Does the HDMI input pass through the X1 even if it is not turned on?

I had to pull a PS3's HDMI from the TV to plug in the X1. I might plug the PS3 into the back of the X1, though, if it works that way ;).

Apparently I cannot have all the fancy TV features because I don't have a cable box with an HDMI output. I have what I known of since the dawn of cable - a coax line out of the wall. I have always just had that and it feeds into my TV's no problem and provides digital and HD channels that way (in addition to analog). I never really knew why people had cable boxes. I guess some cable providers force them but it has never been an issue until now. On the other hand, I would use the TV features maybe once and then never again so no biggie I guess... I thought my son might be interested but he asked "why would you want to watch TV while playing a game?" Why indeed.
I don't want that much " wear and tear " on my console watching all my tv and playing games . I might use it for sports if it were wireless and didn't have to always run through the x1.

My X1 is up and running with no issues, thank God. So far I'm really loving Forza, I think it's the best launch game to come out on either system. As far as Kinect goes, its definitely a huge leap over the previous one but the voice commands have been spotty for me. I find myself having to say commands multiple times, maybe I'm not doing it correctly. The controller is still king, the rumble triggers are awesome but I'm not liking the bumpers at all. Maybe I'll get use to them with more play time. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and can't wait to play some Titanfall in March.

Don't know why this thread is still here. This is no longer a pre order thread but a discussion/fanboy war thread that belongs in the deals discussion forum

1M+ in 24hrs in 2 region is amazing

1M+ in 24hrs in 30 region is lame

type PS4 on craigs and all you'll see are xbone listings

Xbone indeed have found its new home

end of discussion
Jesus. And you guys say I'm weird. Look at this guy.

You do realize that the ps4 launch titles are pretty close to identical as the xbone right ?

They both have exclusive (crappy) "arcade/freemium" titles and then its just killzone/knack vs Ryse/DR3

bread's done
Back