Yanya Cabillista: City Skater PS2 $7.97 @ www.kbtoys.com Free Shipping

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
Just as the title states. Yanya Cabillista: City Skater for the PS2 is $7.97 at kbtoys.com. Select games have free shipping, this is one of the select games. I realize that this isn't the greatest game in the world...and I also realize that this was a $4.99 game at CC, but that doesn't mean its not noteworthy. I personally never see this game for sale anywhere and I've been wanting to try it out, so I picked me up a copy a few minutes ago. I'm assuming that it comes with the SkateBoard Controller Add-On Extra...but I don't know.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.ht.../default?_e=4100f&_v=4100F13FeywEa3C5B32D3BD5

I know Fye was selling this game recently for $9.99 new, and that version did not come with the skateboard. It came in a standard PS2 game case with factory seal, not the cardboard box in which the game originally shipped. I think they may have done away with this box (and the skateboard).

Still worth picking up though (I got the one at Fye). It's easier to control without the skateboard anyway.

It is a very unique game. I have heard it described as a "poor man's Jet Set Radio," and that's a pretty fair comparison. The graphics aren't as slick and the control isn't as tight, but it's a decent game overall.

Basically, you're trying to ward off an alien invasion by performing cool skateboard tricks in front of them. There are some tutorial levels to get you used to the controls (you will need these), and then you're off. In each level, beating aliens grants you access to other, more difficult sections, until you beat the whole stage.

The game even has boss fights -- of sorts -- where you take on unusually large aliens. Although they're really just larger versions of the regular ghostly-white aliens, but they can roam around the levels, whereas the regular aliens are stationary.

Once you get the controls down, the game isn't too difficult. Just make sure you use control type 'B' if you don't have the skateboard attachment (type 'B' is better anyway). The game is pretty short too, but I would still say it's worth the price.

At the very least, you can say that you have nothing else like it in your collection!

im sure i have worse things in my collection....hmmm power puff girls, barbies horse adventure, drake, disneys magical quest, fairly odd parents, disneys party, shrek swamp kart speedway, universal studios...just to name a few

I bought this when it first came out...I'd give it 20 mins of gameplay value...

Then be prepared to bang your dick off with a rock it sucks ass so bad.

[quote name='escapekey']I know Fye was selling this game recently for $9.99 new, and that version did not come with the skateboard. It came in a standard PS2 game case with factory seal, not the cardboard box in which the game originally shipped. I think they may have done away with this box (and the skateboard).

Still worth picking up though (I got the one at Fye). It's easier to control without the skateboard anyway.[/quote]

just got mine in the mail and the price has been dropped to $6.99 i believe....the skateboard came with it....good deal if you ask me...very unique game

Damn I think the price when down a buck cause the Free Shipping is gone. Shipping costs around $3. I shoulda got in earlier but I was waiting to see if anyone got the board with it. D'OH!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I bought this when it first came out...I'd give it 20 mins of gameplay value...

Then be prepared to bang your dick off with a rock it sucks ass so bad.[/quote]

Wow. I mean, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the game, but I can't imagine disliking enough to do that.

Drake on the other hand...

bread's done
Back