Your XBox Recommendations

themather

CAG Veteran
So every year at this time I like to pull a couple names off the local Salvation Army Angel Tree and buy some kids some holiday gifts. One of my names this year would like some XBox games, so I'm looking for everyone's expertise.

Being a CAGer at heart, I'd like to get this kid 3-4 good games for cheap, instead of one game for $50. He's 12. Being a 28 year old guy with no kids, I'm looking for recommendations of games that are appropriate for a 12 year old boy (that don't suck), and can be found for relatively cheap from the usual CAG suspects.

Thanks in advance ... and happy holidays to all.

-TM

[quote name='themather']So every year at this time I like to pull a couple names off the local Salvation Army Angel Tree and buy some kids some holiday gifts. One of my names this year would like some XBox games, so I'm looking for everyone's expertise.

Being a CAGer at heart, I'd like to get this kid 3-4 good games for cheap, instead of one game for $50. He's 12. Being a 28 year old guy with no kids, I'm looking for recommendations of games that are appropriate for a 12 year old boy (that don't suck), and can be found for relatively cheap from the usual CAG suspects.

Thanks in advance ... and happy holidays to all.

-TM[/quote]

Jet Set Radio/ GT 2002 combo should be like 5$ on either ebgames or gamestop's website, ebgames has it for around that price in store too.

Voodoo Vince, I loved it, I felt it was a very strong platformer, you should be able to find it for 10-15$ ( I think Defender was selling one for 12$)

ESPN NFL 2K5, if the kid likes sports you really can't go wrong with any of the 2k5 series games for 15$ after GGC at BB

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Good, cheap, and suitable...let's see...off the top of my head:

Beyond Good & Evil
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Voodoo Vince[/quote]

I forgot about Beyond Good and Evil, I definately second that one

Any ESPN series sports game
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Soul Calibur II
Dynasty Warriors 4
LOTR: TT, LOTR: RTK

Just some games from looking at my collection that may fit the bill for you.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='xenoman80']no real violence in my point of veiw hes' have got 2 c some movies wit gun shootin[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Not to crap on the Halo suggestion, but Halo's an M title, certainly not appropriate for a 12 year old.[/quote]

I was 12 when I topped 900+ hours of Wolfenstien one summer. Am I gonna become more aggressive and violent?

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Not to crap on the Halo suggestion, but Halo's an M title, certainly not appropriate for a 12 year old.[/quote]

I was 12 when I topped 900+ hours of Wolfenstien one summer. Am I gonna become more aggressive and violent?[/quote]

Whatever works for you and your family.

My boy's 9 and his favorite are:
Any of the Tony Hawks Especially Underground
Sonic heroes
Halo(sorry guys but he loves it)
Simpsons Hit and Run

[quote name='The Shiznit']My boy's 9 and his favorite are:
Sonic heroes
Simpsons Hit and Run[/quote]

That's cool...lots of kids can handle it, but some can't. I should have been more specific. I was simply suggesting that recommending an M rated game for a kid you don't even know didn't seem appropriate.

Wow ... many thanks to all who've been offering up suggestions ... I appreciate it a ton (and I'm sure the kid will too)

-TM

Beyond Good & Evil ( I third this choice)
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Kung Fu Chaos

BG&E is $20 everwhere. If you can find PDO, it is also $20. Pick up KFC at CC for $10. You'll have a great adventure, shooter and action title for $50. I selected PDO because it was the only reason I kept my first XBox after the first year with such a poor game library. I still have my original copy, still play it from time to time, and still love it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='The Shiznit']My boy's 9 and his favorite are:
Sonic heroes
Simpsons Hit and Run[/quote]

That's cool...lots of kids can handle it, but some can't. I should have been more specific. I was simply suggesting that recommending an M rated game for a kid you don't even know didn't seem appropriate.[/quote]

I agree with you there. Alot of kids can handle it and alot of parents don't care, but they really should recommend it unless they know the child specifically or it's stated that it's okay.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Not to crap on the Halo suggestion, but Halo's an M title, certainly not appropriate for a 12 year old.[/quote]

I was 12 when I topped 900+ hours of Wolfenstien one summer. Am I gonna become more aggressive and violent?[/quote]

900 hours? You mean you played 10 hours a day? (Thinking summer is June-August=around 90 days)! Whoa sorry, but that is way too much gaming.

bread's done
Back